Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    I’m willing to bet you’re in a small minority with that viewpoint.
    Oh really? You were the one advocating for an Yrel returns WoD like expansion. What made you change your mind?

Also please provide any form of statistical evidence.

I'm not a huge Tinker fan but I'd rather have Goblords of Undermine than anything related to WoD.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 8bithamster View Post
    Oh really? You were the one advocating for an Yrel returns WoD like expansion. What made you change your mind?

Also please provide any form of statistical evidence.
    Except that wouldn’t be a WoD-style expansion. It would be Arokkoa and Ogres fleeing Yrel’s army and joining the alliance and horde and warning of Yrel’s eventual arrival. Yrel would then invade Azeroth, since AU Draenor would be a dead/dying world at that point. We’d be fighting her and her army here, not on AU Draenor.

After that, bring on Undermine.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    Those updated old world assets like the buildings and towers is the biggest hint I think. They are codenamed "frontier" in the files and there are some WIP pieces like Horde gates. And as we've seen in DI they aren't relevant to the DI continent.

Frontier COULD be a "build your own area" type thing though.
    Or it connects to some kind of new location. Not sure. It seems like it's building up to something, but I can't tell if it's going to just be a particular area or feature internally called "Frontier" in DF (it's pretty easy to see how that could come about, given that the Dragon Isles are certainly a frontier, and any patch zones we may go to even moreso) or if it will be an actual world revamp. I'm on full copium, though, even though I made the wrong call about this both pre-SL and pre-DF.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Are you just going to repeat this nonsense until you either get it right purely by accident or the game closes down? Randomly guessing whether a world revamp happens next expansion has a better track record than your "team" already.
    You seem to be overreacting to what everybody is aware is copium. None of us unironically expect it, we're just fantasizing. The Bellular video was a tad bit presumptuous and posting it strikes me as unnecessary, but this is something everybody wants to fantasize about because we'd prefer not to get back on Danny's wild ride.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 8bithamster View Post
    Much rather see some stuff from other planes. So much things they can do with that.
    Ugh, anything but that. We've seen the current team's take on cosmology. I like high-concept stuff, but it only works in the right hands. It was done very well in Legion, but Shadowlands sort of soured it for me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Musta View Post
    they are saying turalyon is the last boss of DF in this thread
    lol /10chars

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    I mean, he is literally called Arthas. Doesn't get much more obvious he is partially inspired by Arthur.

And yes, Arthurian legend is very much referenced constantly, but the idea is quite clearly a dark reverse take, where the golden prince of a prosperous kingdom leads it to ruin, rather than a commoner leading his fallow kingdom to glory.
    It's definitely difficult to overlook the Arthurian parody in Arthas. He's also very much Elric of Melnibone, but the Arthurian element is quite central to the whole bait-and-switch back in Warcraft III.

Quote Originally Posted by Musta View Post
    they are saying turalyon is the last boss of DF in this thread
    Lol wtf? That's stupid.

- - - Updated - - -

It's like when people called Odyn the final boss of SL.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmicpreds View Post
    Lol wtf? That's stupid.

- - - Updated - - -

Odyn as the final boss of SL is silly. Now that they are revisiting the concept that he is a big asshole, a little more publicly than his backstory with Helya, I think its possible that he will be A boss sometime down the road. There isn't an Order/Titan character more suited to be a villain other than the constellars, who are just doing their jobs, and Sargeras who doesn't count.

The recent lore book doubles down on his arrogance and I kind of think its building up to some kind of reveal that he wants the Titan's glory all for himself.

That's not a burn considering we now have a massive Odyn villainry dump for Dragonflight.

It's not so much we're expecting Turalyon villain arc, besides that its what WoW does, its that we're expecting an evil Light arc & he's the character with the strongest association to the Light. And frankly, not much characterization otherwise.

Lol wtf? That's stupid.
    Especially since Turalyon has the potential to return some depth to the Alliance. I much prefer the idea of the Alliance taking a permanent darker turn under his long-term leadership than for him to briefly be a problem for the Alliance and then become a loon pinata for not fitting in with the squeaky-clean image that Blizzard needs the Alliance to maintain these days.

I think he's better when characterized as a well-meaning and mostly-benevolent leader, albeit one with a strong militaristic streak and a zealous personality. I think long-term leadership from Turalyon is the best thing the Alliance could hope for in its current iteration if the goal is to develop some marginal personality or identity.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    Especially since Turalyon has the potential to return some depth to the Alliance. I much prefer the idea of the Alliance taking a permanent darker turn under his long-term leadership than for him to briefly be a problem for the Alliance and then become a loon pinata for not fitting in with the squeaky-clean image that Blizzard needs the Alliance to maintain these days.

I think he's better when characterized as a well-meaning and mostly-benevolent leader, albeit one with a strong militaristic streak and a zealous personality. I think long-term leadership from Turalyon is the best thing the Alliance could hope for in its current iteration if the goal is to develop some marginal personality or identity.
    Then make that plot apply to them...after Dragonflight.

10+ Year Old Account

No to all of that. The Alliance doesn't need to go dark, stop it.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

It's actually looking good. This time with the Dracthyr, the Alliance has the more measured and interesting reaction ("we don't trust them 100% also visage seems shifty we should expose that") while Horde has the "lol k whatever" response. In the past it has been the opposite.

They are going to use Turalyon to give the Alliance some character while Horde chills out for a bit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Already happening as of the Dragonflight intro, considering Shaw and Turalyon's realistic reactions to the Dracthyr.

It's actually looking good. This time with the Dracthyr, the Alliance has the more measured and interesting reaction ("we don't trust them 100% also visage seems shifty we should expose that") while Horde has the "lol k whatever" response. In the past it has been the opposite.

They are going to use Turalyon to give the Alliance some character while Horde chills out for a bit.

- - - Updated - - -

Already happening as of the Dragonflight intro, considering Shaw and Turalyon's realistic reactions to the Dracthyr.
    I wouldn't say it's dark really. More realistic for sure, but it's not like they are considering initiating pogroms and sending the Dracthyr to the ghetto. They are told about dragon equivalent beings created by Deathwing, and then start considering that maybe they should consider upping their ability to suss out dragons in disguise, to prevent situations like Sinestra happening again.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    You're confusing "dark" and "nuanced". "Dark" is if Blizzard went full grimderp and decided the Alliance needs to be the Imperium of Man, Turalyon declared himself dictator forever, and all the Void Elves and whathaveyou were arbitrarily purged or oppressed For the Evulz. "Militaristic and suspicious", "zealous", and "authoritarian" contribute to nuance in measured doses for a benevolent faction. Thus far, the Alliance has been wholly deprived of character. Their strengths are mild, and their moral weaknesses are nonexistent. What I'm calling for is a balance, some element of personality that actually exists among the Alliance beyond "lol good guizzz". This was there in Classic, but gradually faded out and wholly dissipated after Cataclysm or so. Even in Warcraft II, where the Alliance were unequivocally the heroes, they had these traits which provided them with a passing measure of personality.

Can you actually describe the identity of the Alliance right now? Could you weigh their pros and cons as a faction? Turalyon represents a philosophical shift that can allow them to return to their roots and become a more interesting faction.
    Last edited by Le Conceptuel; 2022-10-21 at 08:16 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    These realistic reaction, as you named them, have nothing to do with going dark.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    I wouldn't say it's dark really. More realistic for sure, but it's not like they are considering initiating pogroms and sending the Dracthyr to the ghetto. They are told about dragon equivalent beings created by Deathwing, and then start considering that maybe they should consider upping their ability to suss out dragons in disguise, to prevent situations like Sinestra happening again.
    Both of these sentiments are not dissimilar to mine. It feels like the Alliance is getting some character finally—Turalyon is, as you say, Cheezits, measured. As as you say, Sondrelk, he's not instituting pogroms or acting in a manner which is irrational. He is simply acting more suspicious, as is the rest of the Alliance. In my mind, this is suitable, a foreshadowing of a return to the faction characterization of the Warcraft III-era Alliance and Horde—one a faction of order and stability, which is on one hand civilized, ethical, spiritual and measured yet which is also sometimes xenophobic, fanatical, or suspicious, and the other a faction of brotherhood and unity, which is on one hand harsh, uncivilized, and emotional yet which is also accepting, unified, and more free-spirited than their civilized counterparts. This is a return to erstwhile balance. And balance is a good thing—both factions should embrace their pros and cons in full, and this is what I think the new leadership for both could allow them to do. Perhaps the Horde is a tad softer than I'd like, but they're definitely not too far off from the Warcraft III incarnations.
    Last edited by Le Conceptuel; 2022-10-21 at 08:19 PM.

You seem to be overreacting to what everybody is aware is copium. None of us unironically expect it, we're just fantasizing. The Bellular video was a tad bit presumptuous and posting it strikes me as unnecessary, but this is something everybody wants to fantasize about because we'd prefer not to get back on Danny's wild ride.
    You keep saying things that make me wonder if you've never been on the internet before. No, there's most definitely people that are fully serious about it. Besides, that's not a good reason to hang on to a lost hope to begin with and quite a bit of unwarranted aggressiveness on your side as well.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    You keep saying things that make me wonder if you've never been on the internet before. No, there's most definitely people that are fully serious about it. Besides, that's not a good reason to hang on to a lost hope to begin with and quite a bit of unwarranted aggressiveness on your side as well.
    I'd be inclined to say you were the one who engaged with rather unwarranted aggressiveness, given you responded to a fairly milquetoast introduction to the topic with a fairly condescending and emotional response. Cool down, buddy.

Anyone think its possible we might see the return of an uncorrupted Neltharion?

He seems heavily depicted in the animated shorts which makes me think he has to be relevant in the expansion one way or another. Addressing his corruption as something pivotal to the Old Gods plans could also bridge into a wider Void plot line in the future. Then of course there's the leader of the Black Dragonflight not really being decided. Maybe they just threw the Wrathion vs Sabellian story as a red herring for daddy to come back.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post

He seems heavily depicted in the animated shorts which makes me think he has to be relevant in the expansion one way or another. Addressing his corruption as something pivotal to the Old Gods plans could also bridge into a wider Void plot line in the future. Then of course there's the leader of the Black Dragonflight not really being decided. Maybe they just threw the Wrathion vs Sabellian story as a red herring for daddy to come back.
    Never considered it, but I could see it being the case if we go further into the time travel shenanigans. Maybe he created the Dracthyr to help us in the future, possibly even with a bootstrap paradox to kinda explain why he couldn't create more of them later.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post

To be fair, it's most likely in the same sense as how Arthas was featured so heavily leading up to Shadowlands—although he was dead, his legacy was extraordinarily recurrent throughout the expansion. The same likely will go for Deathwing.