7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    Already happening as of the Dragonflight intro, considering Shaw and Turalyon's realistic reactions to the Dracthyr.
    These realistic reaction, as you named them, have nothing to do with going dark.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    It's actually looking good. This time with the Dracthyr, the Alliance has the more measured and interesting reaction ("we don't trust them 100% also visage seems shifty we should expose that") while Horde has the "lol k whatever" response. In the past it has been the opposite.

They are going to use Turalyon to give the Alliance some character while Horde chills out for a bit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    I wouldn't say it's dark really. More realistic for sure, but it's not like they are considering initiating pogroms and sending the Dracthyr to the ghetto. They are told about dragon equivalent beings created by Deathwing, and then start considering that maybe they should consider upping their ability to suss out dragons in disguise, to prevent situations like Sinestra happening again.
    Both of these sentiments are not dissimilar to mine. It feels like the Alliance is getting some character finally—Turalyon is, as you say, Cheezits, measured. As as you say, Sondrelk, he's not instituting pogroms or acting in a manner which is irrational. He is simply acting more suspicious, as is the rest of the Alliance. In my mind, this is suitable, a foreshadowing of a return to the faction characterization of the Warcraft III-era Alliance and Horde—one a faction of order and stability, which is on one hand civilized, ethical, spiritual and measured yet which is also sometimes xenophobic, fanatical, or suspicious, and the other a faction of brotherhood and unity, which is on one hand harsh, uncivilized, and emotional yet which is also accepting, unified, and more free-spirited than their civilized counterparts. This is a return to erstwhile balance. And balance is a good thing—both factions should embrace their pros and cons in full, and this is what I think the new leadership for both could allow them to do. Perhaps the Horde is a tad softer than I'd like, but they're definitely not too far off from the Warcraft III incarnations.
    Last edited by Le Conceptuel; 2022-10-21 at 08:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    You seem to be overreacting to what everybody is aware is copium. None of us unironically expect it, we're just fantasizing. The Bellular video was a tad bit presumptuous and posting it strikes me as unnecessary, but this is something everybody wants to fantasize about because we'd prefer not to get back on Danny's wild ride.
    You keep saying things that make me wonder if you've never been on the internet before. No, there's most definitely people that are fully serious about it. Besides, that's not a good reason to hang on to a lost hope to begin with and quite a bit of unwarranted aggressiveness on your side as well.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    You keep saying things that make me wonder if you've never been on the internet before. No, there's most definitely people that are fully serious about it. Besides, that's not a good reason to hang on to a lost hope to begin with and quite a bit of unwarranted aggressiveness on your side as well.
    I'd be inclined to say you were the one who engaged with rather unwarranted aggressiveness, given you responded to a fairly milquetoast introduction to the topic with a fairly condescending and emotional response. Cool down, buddy.

Anyone think its possible we might see the return of an uncorrupted Neltharion?

He seems heavily depicted in the animated shorts which makes me think he has to be relevant in the expansion one way or another. Addressing his corruption as something pivotal to the Old Gods plans could also bridge into a wider Void plot line in the future. Then of course there's the leader of the Black Dragonflight not really being decided. Maybe they just threw the Wrathion vs Sabellian story as a red herring for daddy to come back.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post

He seems heavily depicted in the animated shorts which makes me think he has to be relevant in the expansion one way or another. Addressing his corruption as something pivotal to the Old Gods plans could also bridge into a wider Void plot line in the future. Then of course there's the leader of the Black Dragonflight not really being decided. Maybe they just threw the Wrathion vs Sabellian story as a red herring for daddy to come back.
    Never considered it, but I could see it being the case if we go further into the time travel shenanigans. Maybe he created the Dracthyr to help us in the future, possibly even with a bootstrap paradox to kinda explain why he couldn't create more of them later.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

To be fair, it's most likely in the same sense as how Arthas was featured so heavily leading up to Shadowlands—although he was dead, his legacy was extraordinarily recurrent throughout the expansion. The same likely will go for Deathwing.

10+ Year Old Account
    To be fair, it's most likely in the same sense as how Arthas was featured so heavily leading up to Shadowlands—although he was dead, his legacy was extraordinarily recurrent throughout the expansion. The same likely will go for Deathwing.
    Well it would be interesting to see more of Neltharion before his madness. If only to see what kind of a dragon he was.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

7+ Year Old Account
    Was he actually featured heavily? I felt it was more the players themselves who kept saying “they have to bring him back they have to, it’s so obvious!”

A certain non insignificant portion of the community anyway.

I didn’t feel like much of SL content featured him so heavily.

Only moments I can think of was the uther ascension cinematic, then a moment about his soul being put into Kingsmourne, and then ofc the cinematic with his soul.

I can be wrong, I just didn’t feel the vibe that “Arthas is featured heavily in SL”. Neither does my friend who is a huge Arthas fan and one of the ones hoping they’d showcase him/have him play an important part/revive him.

How could he even come back? We practically annihilated him.

I guess time travel what with Murozond and all.

We haven't seen anything suggesting he had a back up plan for his death

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Man View Post
    We haven't seen anything suggesting he had a back up plan for his death
    My thought was timey-wimey stuff. Really it seems the only way that Galakrond could make a return as well.

I am sure it would all involve something with the catalyst that causes Nozdormu to be Murozond. Just wild speculation on my part but we had 3 BfA animated shorts. Each one teased the progression of the expansion. I just assuming these might be similar.

If the dock that used to have the Boralus ship now has the Dragon Isles ship, where does the ship from Boralus take you?

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Are you just going to repeat this nonsense until you either get it right purely by accident or the game closes down? Randomly guessing whether a world revamp happens next expansion has a better track record than your "team" already.
    Calm down bro, I'm not trying to prove anything, I'm just passionate about it.

I thought the image at the end was enough to express that these are just my hopes and wishes.

Since WOD every new expansion is supposed to have a World Revamp, but I know this may never happen.
    Last edited by Luck4; 2022-10-22 at 02:15 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    If the dock that used to have the Boralus ship now has the Dragon Isles ship, where does the ship from Boralus take you?
    Apparently both ships come into the same dock on a rotation so you could easily get on and end up going to the wrong zone.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    Apparently both ships come into the same dock on a rotation so you could easily get on and end up going to the wrong zone.
    Oh that's so cool actually. I guess the rotation takes time, but people who don't care can go use the portal. I'll gladly wait on the docks.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantique View Post
    We already did that. If you go to Chromie again as a lvl 80 toon she gives you a quest to go help your past self.

So your level 74 or whatever toon gets help from your lvl 80 toon.
    Well I must have missed that and it makes me sad. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    But why? Dragon Isles was just an idea really, we had one picture with an octopus thing and I doubt that's even going to be in the game. If you're talking about Azeroth in general they are never going to leave Azeroth completely behind.
    Dragon Isles is a decade old thing, even if it was just mentioned before. I don't know any other places like that except Undermine / Tel'Abim as others have mentioned. They can't make up infinite amounts of archipelagos on Azeroth, it just feels wrong. Dragon Isles are already quite a stretch. How often are we going to, all of a sudden, find and explore mysteriously hidden islands? Happened three times now (Pandaria, Broken Isles, Dragon Isles) - the trope is overused already.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmicpreds View Post
    Actually...no...

Undermine, backside of Azeroth (which is but a rumor), Tel'abim, Plunder Isle, MAYBE more of underground Azeroth, lots of mainland Azeroth plotlines, etc...

That's like 3 potential expansion plots there...
    I give you the underground expansion stuff, but all the other islands are just no going to make it imho.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Balance has one new button and that is the mushroom.
    And Stellar Flare which is pretty much baseline and mandatory now for the spec. It's not about new skills, it's about all the interactions and they made it just too complicated for specs like Balance and Shadow.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    They both sound like single zone ideas, maybe two each at a stretch.
    Undermine is said to be large, but it's still effectively just the goblin capital, there are limits to how large you can make a wow city before it stretches credibility.
    Tel'abim meanwhile is essentially a joke location, and while i don't see a problem with it being a zone, i think it's an issue to have carry an expansion.

Really lots of these locations would fit into a south Seas expansion along with other single zone ideas like Plunder isle. However not of these got taken by BfA, and I find it difficult to assume we will have another island based expansion after BfA took most of the good ideas.
    Yep, that's what I mean when I say they are not very likely to come to the game. They would have fit perfectly into BfA yet they choose not to do them, which makes me believe they'll never be a thing.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Dragon Isles is a decade old thing, even if it was just mentioned before. I don't know any other places like that except Undermine / Tel'Abim as others have mentioned. They can't make up infinite amounts of archipelagos on Azeroth, it just feels wrong. Dragon Isles are already quite a stretch. How often are we going to, all of a sudden, find and explore mysteriously hidden islands? Happened three times now (Pandaria, Broken Isles, Dragon Isles) - the trope is overused already.
    We didn't really find the Broken Isles, did we? We just didn't have much reason to go there.

Pandaria and the Dragon Isles are the only continents that were hidden to us, and Uldum too but that was just a zone.