7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    They really do look weird on mounts. I think originally they were supposed to switch to visage form.
    At least it gives us memes:

Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

They really do look weird on mounts. I think originally they were supposed to switch to visage form.
    No, they were always supposed to work similar to Worgen. It was later when they added the ability to change into visage out of combat/soar. To my knowledge, they never stated that you were always supposed to change into visage when on a mount.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    No, they were always supposed to work similar to Worgen. It was later when they added the ability to change into visage out of combat/soar. To my knowledge, they never stated that you were always supposed to change into visage when on a mount.
    In first builds they automatically changed into visage when mounting.

Then people moaned about that and they removed it, and thus we now have stupid looking dragons riding ponies.

I wish this would be the default. Dracthyr in dragon form on mounts look incredibly silly and some mounts do not have proper proportions either. It's a mess, especially with their horns / tails and clipping through everything.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    In first builds they automatically changed into visage when mounting.

Then people moaned about that and they removed it, and thus we now have stupid looking dragons riding ponies.
    Now that you mention it, i do faintly remember something of that extent happening. Though i cannot remember whether this was due to the Dracthyr appearance not being useable for mounts or not, similar to toy appearances usually disappearing when you mount.

But yes, it's just silly all around. Dracthyr should not require help flying.

Now that you mention it, i do faintly remember something of that extent happening. Though i cannot remember whether this was due to the Dracthyr appearance not being useable for mounts or not, similar to toy appearances usually disappearing when you mount.
    I remember them actually saying so way back, IIRC it was even before beta. So yeah, this one is fully on the players.

What about that one spell that defaults to visage form right after combat ends? Did they remove that or something?

- - - Updated - - -

But yes, it's just silly all around. Dracthyr should not require help flying.
    Did they also remove Soar in the old zones or something? I'm pretty sure that's way better than normal flying due to it's speed anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    What about that one spell that defaults to visage form right after combat ends? Did they remove that or something?
    I think it's still there

- - - Updated - - -

Did they also remove Soar in the old zones or something? I'm pretty sure that's way better than normal flying due to it's speed anyway.
    You cannot really maintain Soar for that long after all the nerfs without the dragonriding talents unless you start from Hyjal or something.

- - - Updated - - -

Soar still works. They just nerfed the max speed.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My speculation:

9.1: Raid that takes place in the realm where the machine of Death is located. Kel'Thuzad will be defeated in that raid, and the machine of Death will be fixed.
    9.2: Raid that takes place in the revamped Maw (akin to revamped Tanaan Jungle and Broken Shore), as all the covenants take the fight to the weakened forces of the Jailer (who no longer has a constant influx of souls). Sylvanas is the final boss, she gives her sob monologue, then the Jailer backstabs the crazy psycho and she's gone.
    9.3: Raid that takes place in the mysterious Sepulcher mentioned by the Primus, somehow the Jailer finds a way into that realm. The Arbiter will re-awaken and take us there, the final boss is obviously the Jailer. At the end the Jailer is destroyed/sealed again and the rift between Azeroth and the Shadowlands is fixed.
    A small raid, either in patch 9.1.5 or 9.2.5, will involve the Light/Void messing with the Shadowlands and build-up 10.0.

10.0: It will be an expansion about Light and Void, as Blizzard already said at last Blizzcon that they find this concept very interesting. Alleria, Turalyon, Calia, and Yrel will obviously be main characters of this expansion. I am also 99.9% sure that Alleria will be the poster girl of this expansion, simply because Windrunner girls sell videogames (the 0.1% has Calia or Yrel as poster girls instead). That's as far as my main theorycrafting for 10.0 goes.
    You were so spot on dude! Going back reading this, the 10.0 was wrong yeah, but the raids...you called it. Nice
    Insanity is repeating the same action and expecting different results. *Cough, Blizzard!, COUGH*

It still exists and I have toggled it on, but most people don't know of its existence much less use it, nor the manual form change.

Quote Originally Posted by Menolikeu View Post
    You were so spot on dude! Going back reading this, the 10.0 was wrong yeah, but the raids...you called it. Nice
    Well, he got the story beats, but the pacing is completely off. So not exactly spot on, though better than just complete random guessing.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Well, he got the story beats, but the pacing is completely off. So not exactly spot on, though better than just complete random guessing.
    Yeah the Patch numbers were off as well, I meant just the raids in general he was spot on with. Minus the KT one. That was included in the SoD part.
    Insanity is repeating the same action and expecting different results. *Cough, Blizzard!, COUGH*

Bloodsail Admiral Foreign Exchange Ztudent's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    This rugpull is going to be immaculate.
    I no longer reply to quotations beyond if you're asking a genuine question or have a non-confrontational stance.

Nihil.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Question for self-identifying casuals out there, particularly those who can only play on the weekends or maybe an hour or two a day: Do you think Dragonflight will be worth the box price and sub cost?

I'm currently trying to decide if I want to come back or not, after skipping SL. I've been playing Classic a lot more than Retail, so I might be paying for the sub cost anyway, though my time did just expire last week.

1+ Year Old Account
    I have to be completely honest. If you don't like doing boring things in the game world in a excessively streamlined reputation system through the Renown System presentation. (Activities are also presented the same way they've been since Legion meaning it will feel samey to anyone engaging with what has essentially been so drilled into our brains as meaningless activities from Legion, BFA, Shadowlands.)

No, you won't really have fun.

The game just does not have good progression systems outside of the three pillars and unfortunately integration of players into the three pillars is just not something Blizzard has recognized as a serious detriment to keep engagement high.

They removed all soul from Reputation systems of the past and the world just feels super artificial now since everything is such a crafted experience instead of just being something in the world akin to the old days.

The status of Classic is up in the air and may either be shutdown or a new Season of Classic may start with greater changes. Either way, I just don't think Casual players have a place in WoW atm. This is going to take serious work from the Team and said work is not going to happen when budgeting is as limited and the time constraints are this much.

Ion essentially confirms that getting ilvl is important but since the ilvl will be used to do activities beyond casual players aka doing three pillar content. It just falls apart as a strategy beyond at least reducing the power gap between casuals and M+.

Retail WoW is for hardcore players, first and foremost. People who are able to complete the Seasonal checklist of +15s/1800 Rating/Heroic Raiding are usually the starting point for enjoyment of the current Retail experience. Blizzard even agrees with that as they point out the Seasonal goals every Season now as activities that you should be focused on.
    Last edited by Foreign Exchange Ztudent; 2022-11-28 at 05:43 PM.
    I no longer reply to quotations beyond if you're asking a genuine question or have a non-confrontational stance.

Nihil.

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    Question for self-identifying casuals out there, particularly those who can only play on the weekends or maybe an hour or two a day: Do you think Dragonflight will be worth the box price and sub cost?

I'm currently trying to decide if I want to come back or not, after skipping SL. I've been playing Classic a lot more than Retail, so I might be paying for the sub cost anyway, though my time did just expire last week.
    Every expansion is worth the box price because you easily get 50 hours played time out of it just by leveling and doing the dungeons at max level. Longevity is another thing and this time there's no bs borrowed power system that needs 4 patches to be eventually "ok".

Dragonflight is the most "non-eventful" expansion due to that. If you like the base game, you'll like DF. If you liked all the additional systems and features, DF might be not that much for you.

I'm solely playing this expansion because of Evoker - without a new class I wouldn't even bother because the game has become very stale. But the new class offers a new way to play for me.

_______

Mhm, Inscription or Jewelcrafting for my Evoker, I can't make up my mind lol. I know the decision might not matter much, but I can't get my head around it.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post

I for one, am totally casual. I don't raid...don't care about being better than anyone else. I play for my own enjoyment....which a lot of people here and on other threads think is a waste of time...but I don't give a shit what they think. I tested beta for a short time and was totally engrossed with the massive amounts of things I found to do and just had a blast. Was there plenty of bugs to report? Of course, it was beta...but despite that I enjoyed it. It's each to their own...I will probably be one of the last in all of Azeroth everywhere to experience it all...but I don't care. It's a game

1+ Year Old Account
    Maybe the box price of the past, but this box price is a bit too much. This base product is their shallowest yet and honestly I only bought in because I may have some belief in their post launch plans even if they've been completely shut and secretive about it up till now.

Nihil.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Foreign Exchange Ztudent View Post
    Maybe the box price of the past, but this box price is a bit too much. This base product is their shallowest yet and honestly I only bought in because I may have some belief in their post launch plans even if they've been completely shut and secretive about it up till now.
    Yeah, I don't know yet. I might wait until it comes out on sale (will probably be a while) and try it then. Or if Classic becomes boring enough maybe I'll consider swapping over.