Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    Yeah, okay, I guess, fuck music theory and all that boring stuff. Music now is just a set of sounds, mkay. Maybe I should record my fridge rumbling, what an awesome "music" it would be, right?
    If you cared so much about "music theory" then surely you would have heard of things like 4'33 or Schoenberg.

I mean, atonality is a big part of Music Theory, and surely you would have heard of that.

And yes, your fridge rumbling is music as well if you want it to be. Music is just noise turned into art.
    Last edited by Makorus; 2020-11-21 at 12:19 PM.

To be honest, I won't go as far as calling these sounds "music".
    People have said similar things about rap and metal and a lot of other music in the past. You're allowed not to like it but its still music.

I thought the Maldraxxus and Ardenweald ones were ok but none of them really had that lofi vibe to them IMO. Maybe Blizz didn't want the artists chopping up the source material too much.
    Last edited by DarkAmbient; 2020-11-21 at 02:26 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaulton05 View Post
    Above is a perfect example of being born post 2009. The same type that spam frogs emojis all day in twitch chat.
    Edit: Okay I'll give him a few more years... Post 2005.
    Why am I surprised? They grew up with Angry Birds and Temple Run.
    How pepega of you, you need to consume less PJsalt. Personally, I think this music is pretty notlikethis too, but if others think it is poggers then good for them I guess.

Oh, and for the record since you seem to like them, Rammstein is total dogshit.
    Speciation Is Gradual

To be honest, I won't go as far as calling these sounds "music".
    Music is exactly what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Lollis View Post
    How pepega of you, you need to consume less PJsalt. Personally, I think this music is pretty notlikethis too, but if others think it is poggers then good for them I guess.

Oh, and for the record since you seem to like them, Rammstein is total dogshit.
    Your salt keeps me sustained after a 10 mile run, thanks m8

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by THEORACLE64 View Post
    and what EXACTLY is that? Fridge Mumbling? You provide no substance.
    Last edited by Vaulton05; 2020-11-21 at 12:41 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    So, you can't like things if I don't like them, right? Hiveminding much?
    lol.
    Just lol.

2+2=7. You can call that math, I call that a set of mismatching illogical numbers.
    Art isn't math.
    Art is expression and application of human imagination and creativity and is therefore inherently subjective.

You talk of music theory and yet you fail to realize that music theory is descriptive and not a prescription of rules.
    It's not a court of judgement on the quality of music, it's a method attempting to say "most composers follow this practice (most of the time)"

The "rules" are not "rules" as much as they are simply loose guidelines of how people tend to compose songs which people merely tend to like.

You won't find a single serious artist that won't have a collection of songs that doesn't follow the general song structure or uses notes that generally are not used together.

Also, FYI - not liking things is absolutely normal.
    Not liking things is one thing.
    Acting like your opinion is the end all be all and anything that disagrees with it is inferior and stupid is a whole other.

You are allowed to not like things.

Hell, there are a hella lot of songs and music genres that i don't like.
    But i'm not going around trying to undermine them just because.

Formerly known as Arafal

err... kind of out of nowhere, but alright. it's not bad at least
    ...that's just my opinion, anyway.

All of this cosmological stuff is too boring for me. I'd like to get Warcraft back, please. my thing is killing defias and orcs.

Says the kids probably born after 2000. Go google ''credibility''. You have none. .
    Lol wrong. Born before 2000. How does youth remotely effect credibility?

I'm just not a cunt and clearly don't make random links between video games, age and twitch chat.

How does temple run mean kids do memes?
    Last edited by Newname1234567890; 2020-11-21 at 12:54 PM.

Here is a young pepega in its natural habitat circa 2010 - I just searched on youtube ''Pepega'' and a video of a retard came up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QultGVotrcQ

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by WonderZebra View Post
    Lol wrong. Born before 2000. How does youth remotely effect credibility?

I'm just not a cunt and clearly don't make random links between video games, age and twitch chat.

How does temple run mean kids do memes?

Sorry! I can tell Temple Run is very near and dear to your childhood.
    Last edited by Vaulton05; 2020-11-21 at 01:05 PM.

Here is a young pepega in its natural habitat circa 2010

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry! I can tell Temple Run is very near and dear to your childhood.
    Not really. You're just making incredibly dumb claims and thought I'd give you room to explain why and stop looking an idiot.....
    Last edited by Newname1234567890; 2020-11-21 at 01:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderZebra View Post
    Not really. You're just making incredibly dumb claims and thought I'd give you room to explain why and stop looking an idiot.....
    I mean I'm pretty sure I've already explained enough if you have been reading. I mean if you can read that is.. So yeah I hear Angry Birds 2 is out, lots of microtransactions these days though.

- - - Updated - - -

Here is a young pepega in its natural habitat circa 2010

Seeing as I'm almost 30 years of age and I've been into music/theory/playing instruments since I was a child, yes, this is music.

Whether you like it or not really doesn't matter, it's music - It's a constructed, written piece.

Whether *you* think it's music based on your taste is completely irrelevant, seeing as it's music regardless. You're obviously the type of person that'll only say that something is "music" if you like it, which kind of shows the beginning and end of your actual music knowledge. Someone banging on just a drum is music, someone singing just acapella is music, someone creating a lo-fi song is music. Now, that doesn't to say that it's good or bad. Some people will like it, others won't (you in this case don't like lo-fi genre music) - that's fine, but it doesn't make what you're listening to any less a piece of music as that's exactly what it is.

I mean I'm pretty sure I've already explained enough if you have been reading. I mean if you can read that is.. So yeah I hear Angry Birds 2 is out, lots of microtransactions these days though.
    Really you haven't you said "Gen Z play temple run bad, Gen Z bad"

Which is an insanely stupid argument.

These are just embarrassing work

- - - Updated - - -

Do I have some news for you, friend.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Experi...cal_instrument

Seeing as I'm almost 30 years of age and I've been into music/theory/playing instruments since I was a child, yes, this is music.

Whether you like it or not really doesn't matter, it's music - It's a constructed, written piece.

Whether *you* think it's music based on your taste is completely irrelevant, seeing as it's music regardless. You're obviously the type of person that'll only say that something is "music" if you like it, which kind of shows the beginning and end of your actual music knowledge. Someone banging on just a drum is music, someone singing just acapella is music, someone creating a lo-fi song is music. Now, that doesn't to say that it's good or bad. Some people will like it, others won't (you in this case don't like lo-fi genre music) - that's fine, but it doesn't make what you're listening to any less a piece of music as that's exactly what it is.

What do you play? The harmonica?

10+ Year Old Account
    Remember that episode of South Park where the kids are listening to music and to the adults, it sounds like someone shitting,
    and when the kids hear what the adults think is "real" music, it sounds like someone is shitting to them?

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post
    Remember that episode of South Park where the kids are listening to music and to the adults, it sounds like someone shitting,
    and when the kids hear what the adults think is "real" music, it sounds like someone is shitting to them?
    Did we just find bipartisanship? I'll be damned. Biden needs to hire you right now. There could be peace in the middle east after all. Good day to you all..as they say in Canada ..peace oooooooooooooot.

Last edited by Vaulton05; 2020-11-21 at 01:26 PM.

What do you play? The harmonica?
    This response just honestly shows how much you're attempting to troll at this point.