1. #2101
    Void Lord Felya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    the other
    Posts
    56,664
    Quote Originally Posted by Krakan View Post
    I think people have a warped view about how much will realistically change. Things are going to keep running as usual just with less twitter fights.
    Just in 24 hours, we are back in the WHO, Paris Accord... project 1776, the Keystone pipeline are dead...
    As above, so below.
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    My body is a wonderland.

  2. #2102
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Well, you Trumpsters sure did back an incompetent Nazi, didn't you.
    I think he was a very competent nazi.....

  3. #2103
    The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    NorCal
    Posts
    23,511
    Yup, no checks are coming. "March?" so nothing. Ill believe it when I see it, but now saying its not for 60 more days? Wow, Its not coming. The political capital is gone by then and there really is a betrayal on promises made in Georgia.

    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    Tankie Paleo-Conservatism with TERF characteristics / Socialism with My Chemical Romance characteristics. Caramelldansen Nationalism. Liberalism is the Pandemic. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. When that Polka hits!. Ceterum et dare nobis duo milia dollariorum!

  4. #2104
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    Yup, no checks are coming. "March?" so nothing. Ill believe it when I see it, but now saying its not for 60 more days? Wow, Its not coming. The political capital is gone by then and there really is a betrayal on promises made in Georgia.

    I gotta know... how could you listen to her for more than 15 seconds without punching your monitor?

    I love that you are bitching about them not acting fast enough, when it has been... less than 24 fucking hours. Meanwhile, you were silent when the GOP was in control for years.
    Last edited by Machismo; 2021-01-21 at 04:47 PM.

  5. #2105
    The Unstoppable Force Belize's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Gen-OT College of Shitposting
    Posts
    20,415
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I gotta know... how could you listen to her for more than 15 seconds without punching your monitor?
    Theo already has to listen to herself all day, so she's used to vapid exaggerated nonsense

  6. #2106
    Elemental Lord Kathranis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    8,576
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    The entire inauguration was shown on our 2 oldest channels here in the UK (BBC and ITV). I'd be curious to see how many here watched it.
    Brits do love their pageantry, don't they? It's about the closest we have to royal weddings here.

  7. #2107
    The Insane Teriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Undermine
    Posts
    18,214
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    Yup, no checks are coming. "March?" so nothing. Ill believe it when I see it, but now saying its not for 60 more days? Wow, Its not coming. The political capital is gone by then and there really is a betrayal on promises made in Georgia.

    I think she got that info from a tweet that didn’t have the full info on it. They said a full COVID bill won’t be out until March, but a relief bill is coming next week.

  8. #2108
    Biden has really good genes apparently.

    President Joe Biden's Irish ancestors celebrate his inauguration with champagne and cake.



    BBC finally made corrections. The twitter editor was tipsy.
    Biden inauguration: Irish cousins celebrate with champagne and cake


    Whereas Trump's distant Scots relatives were suing him to stop his dumb golf course.
    Germany reminded everyone that Drumpf's other family left under a cloud of draft dodging.
    Last edited by Milchshake; 2021-01-21 at 05:02 PM.

  9. #2109
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    I think she got that info from a tweet that didn’t have the full info on it. They said a full COVID bill won’t be out until March, but a relief bill is coming next week.
    "Progressive" media seem to be working overtime to miss the fuckin facts. They've taken his covid response plan he recently released and treat it as if it's his full health plan, leading to "HE DROPPED THE PUBLIC OPTION!!!" despite the fact that he hasn't.

    It's depressingly proving the point for why I've largely avoided treating "progressive" media with too much seriousness.

  10. #2110
    I think our kinship with the UK can get a little dicey when it comes to our sympathies with certain of the Irish.

  11. #2111
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    "Progressive" media seem to be working overtime to miss the fuckin facts. They've taken his covid response plan he recently released and treat it as if it's his full health plan, leading to "HE DROPPED THE PUBLIC OPTION!!!" despite the fact that he hasn't.

    It's depressingly proving the point for why I've largely avoided treating "progressive" media with too much seriousness.
    News organizations need to report the news instead of sensationalizing it.

  12. #2112
    The Unstoppable Force Belize's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Gen-OT College of Shitposting
    Posts
    20,415
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    News organizations need to report the news instead of sensationalizing it.
    Excuse you, they don't label themselves as News Organizations, but "Entertainment".

    It's very legally distinct.

  13. #2113
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Excuse you, they don't label themselves as News Organizations, but "Entertainment".

    It's very legally distinct.
    No they don't. Some of their shows are labeled as such, but the networks are labeled as news networks.

  14. #2114
    The Undying Breccia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NY, USA
    Posts
    30,561
    USA rejoins WHO.

    Can Fauci be our representative? Oh, wait, he will. He's set to deliver a speech there next week.

  15. #2115
    Oh man, Karl Marx, I mean Rove, was very very very very very offended that spoke out against racism. Not that Rove was a closet racist anyway. When will the self owns end?

    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...?ocid=msedgntp

    Karl Rove Tells on Himself, Says He Was ‘Offended’ That Biden Decried ‘Racism’

    Fox News contributor Karl Rove curiously railed against President Joe Biden’s call to battle racism and white supremacy on Thursday morning, saying that particular part of the inaugural address personally “offended” him.

    After spending much of Wednesday praising Biden’s speech, in which the new president called for uniting the nation and ending “this uncivil war,” the veteran Republican strategist reversed course the following morning, blasting Biden’s new executive orders and grumbling over his anti-racism remarks.

    “That’s an open invitation to have people come,” Rove said of Biden’s the immigration executive actions and proposed reform bill. Among his 17 executive orders, Biden ended the so-called Muslim travel ban, called on Congress to grant permanent status to DREAMers, and repealed Trump’s immigration arrest priorities.

    “Let’s see what happens with the caravan,” Fox News anchor Bill Hemmer responded, before wondering aloud why the Biden administration is prioritizing a fight against racism and white supremacy.

    “The racism thing to me is—I was offended in the speech,” the former George W. Bush adviser huffed in response.

    Adding that it was a “good speech” and the “right speech for the moment,” Rove went on to say that America is only “divided as a country politically over questions of policy and direction” but is “united as a country against racism and nativism.”

    “There are people in this country who are racists and nativists but the vast majority of Americans stand together on those issues,” he continued. “They say if you are not for me, you are part of the group that’s racist and nativist.”

    Almost immediately after Biden’s inauguration, Fox News united around a message of rejecting the new president’s call for unity. While news anchors like Wallace called the speech the “best” he has ever heard, many of the network’s on-air personalities saw Biden’s repudiation of racism as a personal attack on all Trump voters.

    Far-right nationalist host Tucker Carlson, for instance, complained on Wednesday night about Biden’s “war on white supremacy,” insisting the White House is now demonizing half the country. The Fox & Friends crew, meanwhile, spent Thursday morning claiming Biden is causing the real disunity because he is “really wiping away much of what President Trump did.”

  16. #2116
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    News organizations need to report the news instead of sensationalizing it.
    Sadly, for-profit media and the internet has pushed outlets to sensationalize to get click and break through the clutter. I continue to hold the opinion that for-profit media is the source of a LOT of problems overall, as it necessarily pushes media companies towards bad behaviors in the pursuit of profit.

    I expect this shit from conservative media at this point, I'm just sad to see that progressive media aren't much better. Even after the purge of the highest tier of garbage like Share Blue and the other nonsense that was functionally just bloggers cosplaying "journalists" and writing what are largely just short wrappers around some NowThis Twitter video totally owning Ted Cruz.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by gondrin View Post
    Oh man, Karl Marx, I mean Rove, was very very very very very offended that spoke out against racism. Not that Rove was a closet racist anyway. When will the self owns end?

    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...?ocid=msedgntp
    Seriously, the number of conservatives that took personal offense to Biden's comments and felt that they were directed at conservatives...despite the fact that he never mentioned conservatism and only really called out bigotry and white supremacy...is pretty fuckin telling.

    Like, dudes, you don't need to out yourselves. We already know. But at least I guess it's good that you're aware too, even if you pretend you're not?

  17. #2117
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I gotta know... how could you listen to her for more than 15 seconds without punching your monitor?

    I love that you are bitching about them not acting fast enough, when it has been... less than 24 fucking hours. Meanwhile, you were silent when the GOP was in control for years.
    It's effin Performance Art by the posters in here, especially Theo. By projecting all screw-ups on previous administration into the incoming as if there fault. But hey that's what right wing media does well. I guess since I don't watch that garbage that is a card in my hand I can never play.
    Last edited by Paranoid Android; 2021-01-21 at 06:01 PM.
    “There is a cult of ignorance in the United States…. [It is] nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that ‘my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.’”

    -Isaac Asimov

  18. #2118
    The Undying cubby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    the Quiet Room
    Posts
    30,682
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    USA rejoins WHO.

    Can Fauci be our representative? Oh, wait, he will. He's set to deliver a speech there next week.
    We were pretty sure it would be straight uphill good when Biden stepped in, but it's nice to see it actually happening.

  19. #2119
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Sadly, for-profit media and the internet has pushed outlets to sensationalize to get click and break through the clutter. I continue to hold the opinion that for-profit media is the source of a LOT of problems overall, as it necessarily pushes media companies towards bad behaviors in the pursuit of profit.

    I expect this shit from conservative media at this point, I'm just sad to see that progressive media aren't much better. Even after the purge of the highest tier of garbage like Share Blue and the other nonsense that was functionally just bloggers cosplaying "journalists" and writing what are largely just short wrappers around some NowThis Twitter video totally owning Ted Cruz.
    Honestly, anything that is shown on any news networks that isn't an actual event should have a BIG BOLD OPINION plastered right in the middle of the screen for the duration of said opinion. If it isn't shown and it isn't an actual event, then they should be fined. It would clean up a lot of stuff. While it is a First Amendment issue, the FCC also fines for using certain curse words and showing any nudity(which is funny as there is no federal law that states you cannot be a nudist in a public place, only states have said laws).

  20. #2120
    The Undying cubby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    the Quiet Room
    Posts
    30,682
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    I think she got that info from a tweet that didn’t have the full info on it. They said a full COVID bill won’t be out until March, but a relief bill is coming next week.
    Just shocking - SHOCKING I SAY! - that Lil Theo got her information wrong.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •