10+ Year Old Account
    USA rejoins WHO.

Can Fauci be our representative? Oh, wait, he will. He's set to deliver a speech there next week.

Oh man, Karl Marx, I mean Rove, was very very very very very offended that spoke out against racism. Not that Rove was a closet racist anyway. When will the self owns end?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...?ocid=msedgntp

Karl Rove Tells on Himself, Says He Was ‘Offended’ That Biden Decried ‘Racism’

Fox News contributor Karl Rove curiously railed against President Joe Biden’s call to battle racism and white supremacy on Thursday morning, saying that particular part of the inaugural address personally “offended” him.

After spending much of Wednesday praising Biden’s speech, in which the new president called for uniting the nation and ending “this uncivil war,” the veteran Republican strategist reversed course the following morning, blasting Biden’s new executive orders and grumbling over his anti-racism remarks.

“That’s an open invitation to have people come,” Rove said of Biden’s the immigration executive actions and proposed reform bill. Among his 17 executive orders, Biden ended the so-called Muslim travel ban, called on Congress to grant permanent status to DREAMers, and repealed Trump’s immigration arrest priorities.

“Let’s see what happens with the caravan,” Fox News anchor Bill Hemmer responded, before wondering aloud why the Biden administration is prioritizing a fight against racism and white supremacy.

“The racism thing to me is—I was offended in the speech,” the former George W. Bush adviser huffed in response.

Adding that it was a “good speech” and the “right speech for the moment,” Rove went on to say that America is only “divided as a country politically over questions of policy and direction” but is “united as a country against racism and nativism.”

“There are people in this country who are racists and nativists but the vast majority of Americans stand together on those issues,” he continued. “They say if you are not for me, you are part of the group that’s racist and nativist.”

Almost immediately after Biden’s inauguration, Fox News united around a message of rejecting the new president’s call for unity. While news anchors like Wallace called the speech the “best” he has ever heard, many of the network’s on-air personalities saw Biden’s repudiation of racism as a personal attack on all Trump voters.

Far-right nationalist host Tucker Carlson, for instance, complained on Wednesday night about Biden’s “war on white supremacy,” insisting the White House is now demonizing half the country. The Fox & Friends crew, meanwhile, spent Thursday morning claiming Biden is causing the real disunity because he is “really wiping away much of what President Trump did.”

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    News organizations need to report the news instead of sensationalizing it.
    Sadly, for-profit media and the internet has pushed outlets to sensationalize to get click and break through the clutter. I continue to hold the opinion that for-profit media is the source of a LOT of problems overall, as it necessarily pushes media companies towards bad behaviors in the pursuit of profit.

I expect this shit from conservative media at this point, I'm just sad to see that progressive media aren't much better. Even after the purge of the highest tier of garbage like Share Blue and the other nonsense that was functionally just bloggers cosplaying "journalists" and writing what are largely just short wrappers around some NowThis Twitter video totally owning Ted Cruz.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by gondrin View Post
    Oh man, Karl Marx, I mean Rove, was very very very very very offended that spoke out against racism. Not that Rove was a closet racist anyway. When will the self owns end?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...?ocid=msedgntp
    Seriously, the number of conservatives that took personal offense to Biden's comments and felt that they were directed at conservatives...despite the fact that he never mentioned conservatism and only really called out bigotry and white supremacy...is pretty fuckin telling.

Like, dudes, you don't need to out yourselves. We already know. But at least I guess it's good that you're aware too, even if you pretend you're not?

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I gotta know... how could you listen to her for more than 15 seconds without punching your monitor?

I love that you are bitching about them not acting fast enough, when it has been... less than 24 fucking hours. Meanwhile, you were silent when the GOP was in control for years.
    It's effin Performance Art by the posters in here, especially Theo. By projecting all screw-ups on previous administration into the incoming as if there fault. But hey that's what right wing media does well. I guess since I don't watch that garbage that is a card in my hand I can never play.
    Last edited by Paranoid Android; 2021-01-21 at 06:01 PM.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    USA rejoins WHO.

Can Fauci be our representative? Oh, wait, he will. He's set to deliver a speech there next week.
    We were pretty sure it would be straight uphill good when Biden stepped in, but it's nice to see it actually happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Sadly, for-profit media and the internet has pushed outlets to sensationalize to get click and break through the clutter. I continue to hold the opinion that for-profit media is the source of a LOT of problems overall, as it necessarily pushes media companies towards bad behaviors in the pursuit of profit.

I expect this shit from conservative media at this point, I'm just sad to see that progressive media aren't much better. Even after the purge of the highest tier of garbage like Share Blue and the other nonsense that was functionally just bloggers cosplaying "journalists" and writing what are largely just short wrappers around some NowThis Twitter video totally owning Ted Cruz.
    Honestly, anything that is shown on any news networks that isn't an actual event should have a BIG BOLD OPINION plastered right in the middle of the screen for the duration of said opinion. If it isn't shown and it isn't an actual event, then they should be fined. It would clean up a lot of stuff. While it is a First Amendment issue, the FCC also fines for using certain curse words and showing any nudity(which is funny as there is no federal law that states you cannot be a nudist in a public place, only states have said laws).

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    I think she got that info from a tweet that didn’t have the full info on it. They said a full COVID bill won’t be out until March, but a relief bill is coming next week.
    Just shocking - SHOCKING I SAY! - that Lil Theo got her information wrong.

Hey did you the Trump thread was started on Nov the 10th and was at 106 pages on Jan. 13th. Here Biden was started on November the 20th and it is Jan the 21st. So almost the same posts. Yes, many threads of certain topics arose on its own which people posted there, but still. Hmm?

Well Trump Shitshow was started almost a year after his election. The Biden thread we are actually discussing policy and much going on right now cause of appointments, Inaugaration, etc. I still believe this will never or should never be as massive as the Trump Shitshow.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

10+ Year Old Account
    Biden keeps Wray.

- - - Updated - - -

Biden extends START treaty with Russia.

Look, that's a separate issue all on its own, but Biden today alone has stopped two planned departures Trump started but could not finish. Wow, Trump was just that incompetent. Had he made his move on either earlier, Biden might have to actually work to rejoin the WHO and create a new START if he thought he could do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Just in 24 hours, we are back in the WHO, Paris Accord... project 1776, the Keystone pipeline are dead...
    My condolences.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krakan View Post
    My condolences.
    Watch me shed a tear for indoctrination and oil companies...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

Seriously, the number of conservatives that took personal offense to Biden's comments and felt that they were directed at conservatives...despite the fact that he never mentioned conservatism and only really called out bigotry and white supremacy...is pretty fuckin telling.

Like, dudes, you don't need to out yourselves. We already know. But at least I guess it's good that you're aware too, even if you pretend you're not?
    If the pointy white hood fits...
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

My condolences.
    Hey, I'm pretty fucking hype about this.

WHO matters, and being a part of it lets the US put pressure on them to do better.

Paris Accords are great, because while boomers may not care about fiery hellscapes and forced conscription to the Water Wars of 2043, a lot of us that will still be alive then, do.

Project 1776? FUCK YEAH! Get that racist, white supremacist, bigoted claptrap outta our schools. American students are already woefully uninformed about the realities of US history, we don't need to make the problem worse.

Keystone pipeline? Again, RADICAL! It doesn't create shit for jobs and is a massive environmental liability for a fuel source that's on its way out.

I'm not shocked to see you think all of these things are good, though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post
    It's probably because they had it custom made and keep it in their closet?

10+ Year Old Account
    It's probably because they had it custom made and keep it in their closet?
    Now now, we all suspect a lot of these rabid fanbase members will come out of the closet, with their hat, soon enough. But probably not after Labor Day.

My condolences.
    Given your post history I'm not surprised we have to explain this to you but condolences are generally offered when a bad thing happens. Not good things.

Pretty basic stuff.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

10+ Year Old Account
    In a move that surprised nobody, the GOP already object to Biden's COVID bill that includes $15/hr minimum wage.

I...have to agree. The minimum wage issue should have its own debate and stand on its own.

10+ Year Old Account
    If anyone is looking for an allegory on MMOC. Check out the Multicultralism thread.

A few of our local poster channeled their inner Karl Rove and got upset as well.

They also channel their inner Steve BAnnon, complaining the Biden checks are late, or not big enough. Basically how you expect a deadbeat dad to gaslight his ex.

MAkes me wonder if alt-right posters also went through bitter divorces like Bannon. They lost big in the custody settlement, because their ex dumped all of their racist shitposts in front of the family court judge.

Explains why the spend the weekends and all of Thanksgiving shit posting.
    Government Affiliated Snark

Eh, white hoods are so 50s, it is a red trucker had with easy to remember slogans on.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    In a move that surprised nobody, the GOP already object to Biden's COVID bill that includes $15/hr minimum wage.

I...have to agree. The minimum wage issue should have its own debate and stand on its own.
    Uggh yeah always the problem of legislation they add things that shouldn't be part of this. Pelosi did this with I think another Covid bill but way back last March? Maybe it pertained to something different, but whatever I remember it should not have been with whatever proposal.

This is the funny part of the real world negotiation also. Adding unnecessary trad-off points always gets me but in this case with Republicans is they eat Dems lunch and $15 wage may blow up in the Dems face as they don't want to help people with Covid. Even tho of course the Republicans definitely don't.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    Uggh yeah always the problem of legislation they add things that shouldn't be part of this. Pelosi did this with I think another Covid bill but way back last March? Maybe it pertained to something different, but whatever I remember it should not have been with whatever proposal.

This is the funny part of the real world negotiation also. Adding unnecessary trad-off points always gets me but in this case with Republicans is they eat Dems lunch and $15 wage may blow up in the Dems face as they don't want to help people with Covid. Even tho of course the Republicans definitely don't.
    I'm not sure I agree. Part of Biden's COVID response plan is simultaneously rejuvenating the economy so that you're not homeless if you survive Trump's pandemic. $15 minimum wage isn't going pay 18 months back rent, but it will stimulate the economy further and I think it fits in this package.