Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    Uhm, there isnt anything wrong with wealth redistribution, if said redistribution is done for the greater good of the community. Mostly because without that, wealth inequality will be a worse and worse poblem down the generations.

PS: Aren't you happy that we can talk and discuss these important things, instead of whatever the orange cancer spewed from his oral orifice?
    You mean like taking your property, so that someone who can do more with it can create jobs? Some dude wants to build a gas station on your property, they should have it. It's for the greater good.

Fuck Trump, I'm glad he's gone.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    No more mail for you!
    I'd love to privatize that, as well!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post

I highly doubt you do.

Believe me, I'd love to privatize roads, let's do it!!!
    Privatizing roads (or any big infraestructure) is a bad idea, mostly because there are not infinite ways to go to point a to point b, at least at this moment
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

Privatizing roads (or any big infraestructure) is a bad idea, mostly because there are not infinite ways to go to point a to point b, at least at this moment
    We already have private roads, they seem to work just fine.

One need not have an infinite number of ways to get somewhere. I simply want government out of it as much as possible. Alas, that is probably a bit off-topic.

You mean like taking your property, so that someone who can do more with it can create jobs? Some dude wants to build a gas station on your property, they should have it. It's for the greater good.

Fuck Trump, I'm glad he's gone.
    !
    I mean, there's a way government take over private land, and it's called expropiation...
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

Why? So you can pay $500 to get a few pounds brought into your country?
    A few pounds of what?

- - - Updated - - -

I mean, there's a way government take over private land, and it's called expropiation...
    Eminent Domain is a son of a bitch, and I don't support it. Kelo v. New London was one of the worst SCOTUS decisions of all time.

I'd love to privatize that, as well!!!
    Speaking as someone who works for a privatized post office (owned, in part, by Americans) trust me: No, you don't.

Why? So you can pay $500 to get a few pounds brought into your country?
    Pay the private delivery service to bring it partway, pay another private delivery service that takes it from the main road to your rural road, pay a third service to deliver it from the rural road to your home.

Because you needed that insulin 4 days ago and the delivery companies had some delays in picking up the package and getting it from the road to another road, and then the other road to your home.

And the price of delivery more than tripled as a result. CAPITALISM IS FUCKIN GREAT, Y'ALL!

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    Speaking as someone who works for a privatized post office (owned, in part, by Americans) trust me: No, you don't.
    Nah, I really would.

I'm tired of all my junk mail from the USPS.

- - - Updated - - -

Items. The weight of them.
    I get most of my shipments from private carriers, and I do just fine.

Are you going to address that you got caught lying about wages?

- - - Updated - - -

Great, if you care so much, then give them more... of your money. I'm simply going to speak up if you push to take more of someone else's money.
    You are assuming all fast food workers made the same... they didn't.

For instance, food prep/food counter people made weekly $191 for men and $160 for women.

https://www.bls.gov/opub/mlr/1985/01/rpt1full.pdf

$191 in today's money is about $515, assuming 40 hours That's about $12.87 If you go instead for purchasing power.. it is $636 $15.9

If you go for relative income compared to per capita then it goes quite a bit high to be about $20.07

You know... looking through all these the only jobs today that paid the same (or more) were those in tech, that's it. Every other sector has seen less.

I edited my original post things moved since then.

I wasn't lying. I actually posted the BLS information and the wages a couple of years ago.

Depending on what method you're using to determine what that money is worth now you will get a range. I went for purchasing power, if you compare to per capita though well.. the numbers are quite a bit higher, but this was only a decade after the decline and the huge gulf that became the wage gap and what do you know.... we get to a number close to the $22-23 it would be today if pegged to productivity.
    Last edited by Themius; 2021-01-26 at 09:21 PM.

True. But back to the future was just off by a decade hoverboards are coming 2025!!!!

But seriously, private roads? Yuck, thankfully they're not, cause fuck that St Louis gun couple.

Nah, I really would.

I'm tired of all my junk mail from the USPS.
    Then once again: No, you wouldn't. "Junk mail" actually holds a priority over a lot of other mail simply because they are big business and make up the bulk of how the privatized post office earns money and since it's a private company looking to turn a profit, your personal mail falls pretty far down the ladder.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Tell me if you think this is funny... people are taking your assertion that Biden isn’t progressive on minimum wage, as an affront. How cool is that?
    It is progress but not "progressive" what is the policy the plan to enact that make it progressive? What is the progressive action to address the issue?

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    You are assuming all fast food workers made the same... they didn't.

For instance, food prep/food counter people made weekly $191 for men and $160 for women.

https://www.bls.gov/opub/mlr/1985/01/rpt1full.pdf

$191 in today's money is about $515, assuming 40 hours That's about $12.87 If you go instead for purchasing power.. it is $636 $15.9

If you go for relative income compared to per capita then it goes quite a bit high to be about $20.07

You know... looking through all these the only jobs today that paid the same (or more) were those in tech, that's it. Every other sector has seen less.

I edited my post my original post seems things moved since then.

I wasn't lying. I actually posted the BLS information and the wages in a couple of years ago.

Depending on what method you're using to determine what that money is worth now you will get a range. I went for purchasing power, if you compare to per capita though well.. the numbers are quite a bit higher, but this was only a decade after the decline and the huge gulf that became the wage gap and what do you know.... we get to a number close to the $22-23 it would be today if pegged to productivity.
    You are the one who got caught lying... deal with it.

I get that you want to try and wiggle out of your lie, but you are drowning.

- - - Updated - - -

Then once again: No, you wouldn't. "Junk mail" actually holds a priority over a lot of other mail simply because they are big business and make up the bulk of how the privatized post office earns money and since it's a private company looking to turn a profit, your personal mail falls pretty far down the ladder.
    I literally send about 2 envelopes a year.

I would love to privatize it.

Sure, but now their fuel prices have quadrupled and they have to pay tolls to get to you. Good luck paying $500 for your week worth of meals being delivered.
    Once again, you seem to be ignoring that people are capable of coming to an agreement, without the government...

- - - Updated - - -

How much are you paying the private police to keep your private roads private? What about the toll collector?
    Dude, I'd love to privatize that, as well.

You are the one who got caught lying... deal with it.

I get that you want to try and wiggle out of your lie, but you are drowning.

- - - Updated - - -

How the fuck am I lying? the 1983 bls data is there... you can figure out what the money is worth today... and then break it down assuming 40 hours (which people were really pushing for and this was before Americans began to horribly creep up again)

What the fuck did I lie about? For fuck sakes use the purchasing power estimate and you end up at near $16 an hour for a food counter worker (male) and pegged to per capita gdp $20

If we did what you’re suggesting you’d be unable to go anywhere by car.
    Not at all.

Private entities are capable of agreeing on things without the government.

Well then I'm glad the bulk of the people don't agree. "It's fine for me so why should I care about anyone else?" isn't a good look either. Add "I'd love to screw around with a service that I barely use" to that list.

Not at all.

Private entities are capable of agreeing on things without the government.
    yeah like polluting the waterways in a poor area they don't live in.

How the fuck am I lying? the 1983 bls data is there... you can figure out what the money is worth today... and then break it down assuming 40 hours (which people were really pushing for and this was before Americans began to horribly creep up again)

What the fuck did I lie about? For fuck sakes use the purchasing power estimate and you end up at near $16 an hour for a food counter worker (male) and pegged to per capita gdp $20
    So, exactly how much do they make, today?

You made multiple assumptions, and had to tapdance around inflation in order to try and justify it.

Feel free to keep moving them goalposts.

- - - Updated - - -

yeah like polluting the waterways in a poor area they don't live in.
    Evidence, please.

- - - Updated - - -

Rofl. You’d have to negotiate with hundreds of thousands to get anywhere in this country.
    Not necessarily. One entity can buy up plenty of land, and they can make agreements with other large land owners. It works all the time.

- - - Updated - - -

Well then I'm glad the bulk of the people don't agree. "It's fine for me so why should I care about anyone else?" isn't a good look either. Add "I'd love to screw around with a service that I barely use" to that list.
    This was literally about what I wanted.

In other words, you want the rich to collect taxes from the poor directly. Stop pretending we’ll use it where it’s most needed. You pay to use my roadways in sector 7 and I’ll let you. Taxes should benefit the wealthy, not society as a whole...

You’re kinda special.
    You mean paying for goods and services?

Is buying a t-shirt a tax? Nope.