1. #3281
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Helping American people and saving American land from billionaires, are all positive things. No more for profit prisons... No more serving as Canada’s oil dump... no more serving Trump and his billionaire elite... well... for us anyway.
    Biden is a coporate shill. You will figure that out later.
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Basically, he didn’t ban fracking... he didn’t cost any jobs...
    Considering new mexico´s reaction i doubt that this is the case.

  2. #3282
    Void Lord Felya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    the other
    Posts
    57,578
    Quote Originally Posted by DKjaigen View Post
    Biden is a coporate shill. You will figure that out later.
    He has been a public servant for fucking more than 40 years... He won’t turn into Trump corporation in the next 3...

    Considering new mexico´s reaction i doubt that this is the case.
    How will “New Mexico” react to clean energy jobs? Still freaking out over fracking, because it has nothing to do with working class people, but the billionaires who profit of big oil.

    Edit: Corporate shill, coming from a Trump supporter... wtf? Trump is literally a corporation... a NYC oligarch, real estate mogul... insanity...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

  3. #3283
    Quote Originally Posted by DKjaigen View Post
    Biden is a coporate shill. You will figure that out later.


    Considering new mexico´s reaction i doubt that this is the case.
    Dude, you support a fucking oligarch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Multiculturalism hurts and kills. This happened before Trump and it would be happening without him. Racism arises from a multicultural society. If we were monocultural, people would not see issues through the lens of race.
    This is a poster saying that people are at fault for being the victims of terrorism, because they are not white.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    I hate personal freedom because people abuse it like a shiny new toy.

  4. #3284
    Void Lord Felya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    the other
    Posts
    57,578
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Dude, you support a fucking oligarch.
    There we go... we can speak the same language... Trump Corporation and the 100 financial scammers he pardoned... a new comedy from Rob Rigner...

    Edit: @DKjaigen since Biden is such a corporate shill, why is his first major action the covid bill, that includes 15$ min wage... instead of the largest tax cut for corporate elite in US history, that was Trump’s big achievement?
    Last edited by Felya; 2021-02-03 at 01:37 AM.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

  5. #3285
    The Unstoppable Force PACOX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    ██████
    Posts
    22,851
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Manchin's an idiot.

    The people need aid. If they skimp on it, the people will come to the polls in 2022 very unhappy and buh bye Democrat majority.

    We need a $15 minimum wage. $7 is too low literally everywhere in this country. And it's a very popular idea:

    https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tan...to-15-an-hour/

    The people we're labeling "essential workers?" A lot of them are making min wage, or less than $15 bucks. Maybe we should start actually treating them as "essential."
    I heard Dems should be kissing Manchin's ass instead of calling him out on his bullshit.

    But I'm just salty leftists.

    Resident Cosplay Progressive

  6. #3286
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    There we go... we can speak the same language... Trump Corporation and the 100 financial scammers he pardoned... a new comedy from Rob Rigner...

    Edit: @DKjaigen since Biden is such a corporate shill, why is his first major action the covid bill, that includes 15$ min wage... instead of the largest tax cut for corporate elite in US history, that was Trump’s big achievement?
    https://thehill.com/opinion/finance/...l-minimum-wage

    It will raise prices for those who can afford it the least. Big businesses and high-end restaurants often support higher minimum wages. That may seem odd at first, but it makes sense when you consider their competitive environment. Big corporate firms can more easily absorb these mandated costs and can invest in new technologies that make them less dependent on human labor. The same cannot be said of the small businesses competing with these firms, so big businesses ultimately can benefit when governments raise costs.

    If you want to implement it now it will likely kill of most small businessownerbecause they are strugling with covid. You must ask yourself why the americans are not in a better position to demand higher wages. The answer is simple: you are not in a good position in the slightest

  7. #3287
    Void Lord Elegiac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    It Was Capitalism All Along
    Posts
    53,453
    Quote Originally Posted by DKjaigen View Post
    ou must ask yourself why the americans are not in a better position to demand higher wages. The answer is simple: you are not in a good position in the slightest
    Because of decades of union-busting, deregulation, tax cuts, and wage suppression. Curious how you or the conservative shills at The Hill plan to address that without legislation like a minimum wage hike.

    Also noticing how the overpaid shithead writing that particular opinion piece doesn't actually cite any of their declarative statements about price hikes or "eliminating entry level jobs", rofl.
    Last edited by Elegiac; 2021-02-03 at 01:59 AM.
    "Multiculturalism has failed!" angrily types a person of European descent living in the Americas in a Germanic language using Roman characters on a device coded with Arabic numerals before leaving in a huff to go watch cartoons made in Japan.

  8. #3288
    Pandaren Monk Magical Mudcrab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    All across Nirn.
    Posts
    1,787
    Quote Originally Posted by DKjaigen View Post
    https://thehill.com/opinion/finance/...l-minimum-wage

    It will raise prices for those who can afford it the least. Big businesses and high-end restaurants often support higher minimum wages. That may seem odd at first, but it makes sense when you consider their competitive environment. Big corporate firms can more easily absorb these mandated costs and can invest in new technologies that make them less dependent on human labor. The same cannot be said of the small businesses competing with these firms, so big businesses ultimately can benefit when governments raise costs.

    If you want to implement it now it will likely kill of most small businessownerbecause they are strugling with covid. You must ask yourself why the americans are not in a better position to demand higher wages. The answer is simple: you are not in a good position in the slightest
    > You make the claim that Biden is a corporate shill.
    > @Felya states this is contrary to what is true because the $15 minimum wage is decidedly anti-corporation, referencing Trump's tax cut for corporations as a way to clearly delineate between the policies of Trump and Biden.
    > You then come back with what is essentially just railing against the $15 minimum wage, which was not the point.

    The point was that you calling Biden a corporate shill is not only untrue, but while appearing to support Trump is also hypocritical. You simply move goalposts to not have to deal with the fact that you have, consistently, posted nonsense.
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

  9. #3289
    I Don't Work Here Endus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    66,377
    Quote Originally Posted by DKjaigen View Post
    Biden is a coporate shill. You will figure that out later.
    The USA is a largely capitalist nation.

    The government is obviously going to be interested in the concerns of capitalists.

    That's sort of the core of the entire economic system.

    Are you coming out as a left-wing socialist? Or do you, again, not have any clue what you're talking about?

  10. #3290
    Void Lord Elegiac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    It Was Capitalism All Along
    Posts
    53,453
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    The USA is a largely capitalist nation.

    The government is obviously going to be interested in the concerns of capitalists.

    That's sort of the core of the entire economic system.

    Are you coming out as a left-wing socialist? Or do you, again, not have any clue what you're talking about?
    What was the saying...

    Ask a socialist what he hates about capitalism, and he'll give you a lengthy answer.
    Ask a capitalist what he hates about socialism, and he'll describe capitalism.
    "Multiculturalism has failed!" angrily types a person of European descent living in the Americas in a Germanic language using Roman characters on a device coded with Arabic numerals before leaving in a huff to go watch cartoons made in Japan.

  11. #3291
    Quote Originally Posted by DKjaigen View Post
    Biden is a coporate shill. You will figure that out later.
    If that's true then you should be all about supporting him.

  12. #3292
    Quote Originally Posted by DKjaigen View Post
    https://thehill.com/opinion/finance/...l-minimum-wage

    It will raise prices for those who can afford it the least. Big businesses and high-end restaurants often support higher minimum wages. That may seem odd at first, but it makes sense when you consider their competitive environment. Big corporate firms can more easily absorb these mandated costs and can invest in new technologies that make them less dependent on human labor. The same cannot be said of the small businesses competing with these firms, so big businesses ultimately can benefit when governments raise costs.

    If you want to implement it now it will likely kill of most small businessownerbecause they are strugling with covid. You must ask yourself why the americans are not in a better position to demand higher wages. The answer is simple: you are not in a good position in the slightest
    https://twitter.com/JarrettSkorup/st...71522686070784

    This fuck? The one unironically arguing that "entry level" jobs should pay sub-poverty wages that one can't live on?

    https://twitter.com/David_Boaz/statu...21441791889413

    Fighting against the $15 wage because...Amazon supports it?

    https://twitter.com/JarrettSkorup/st...52630650187778

    Thinks that trying to open safely is bad because lighting yourself on fire is always fatal?

    https://twitter.com/JarrettSkorup/st...03423862284293

    Terrified of redistributing wealth from people who shop at fast food to people who work there?

    https://twitter.com/JarrettSkorup/st...18291713347585

    Thinks that growing solar jobs mean that the industry is "inefficient"?

    https://twitter.com/JarrettSkorup/st...74133741957120

    Apparently thinks, again, that entry level/beginner jobs should not pay a living wage and are just fine paying sub-poverty wages where taxpayers pick up the difference?

    No wonder you like this cat.

  13. #3293
    I Don't Work Here Endus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    66,377
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    This fuck? The one unironically arguing that "entry level" jobs should pay sub-poverty wages that one can't live on?

    Apparently thinks, again, that entry level/beginner jobs should not pay a living wage and are just fine paying sub-poverty wages where taxpayers pick up the difference?
    Just wanted to point out, regarding these two in particular, that anyone opposing a minimum living wage is a person with whom most people do not have a political difference with.

    We have a moral difference.

    They see seek to encourage and support the continuation of human suffering. Their viewpoint is sadism and personal greed, and has no political merit whatsoever. Frankly, we shouldn't even entertain them as serious individuals.

  14. #3294
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Just wanted to point out, regarding these two in particular, that anyone opposing a minimum living wage is a person with whom most people do not have a political difference with.

    We have a moral difference.

    They see seek to encourage and support the continuation of human suffering. Their viewpoint is sadism and personal greed, and has no political merit whatsoever. Frankly, we shouldn't even entertain them as serious individuals.
    Like, it's weird to me. I've worked minimum wage and entry level gigs, quite a few. I'd argue that every single one deserves more than what I was paid, and would not be sad if prices went up a bit to make sure that new folks entering those jobs can pay bills.

    I ain't lookin at the janitor and saying, "Yeah, he deserves to get sub-poverty wages. Fuck that loser, get a real job." because not only was I janitor for many years (either full time or part time) and not only does my aunt run a small janitorial business where she already pays $15+ to her employees, but I'm not an amoral fuck that is perfectly fine to allow others to suffer financially so I can save 10 cents on my next transaction.

    It's a morally and intellectually bankrupt idea.

  15. #3295
    Void Lord Felya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    the other
    Posts
    57,578
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Like, it's weird to me. I've worked minimum wage and entry level gigs, quite a few. I'd argue that every single one deserves more than what I was paid, and would not be sad if prices went up a bit to make sure that new folks entering those jobs can pay bills.
    I have not worked a minimum wage since I was 14, when I became a Sunday school counselor at 9 bucks per hour... I don’t understand how a business that cannot afford to pay their employees a living wage, is not considered a failure.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

  16. #3296
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Just wanted to point out, regarding these two in particular, that anyone opposing a minimum living wage is a person with whom most people do not have a political difference with.

    We have a moral difference.

    They see seek to encourage and support the continuation of human suffering. Their viewpoint is sadism and personal greed, and has no political merit whatsoever. Frankly, we shouldn't even entertain them as serious individuals.
    And they do so by creating strawmen and misdirection

    If you say you want to increase minimum wage...they say you want to destroy small businesses.

    They try to focus the argument on why X shouldn't be making as much as Y rather than having both X and Y ask why Z makes so much more than either of them

  17. #3297
    With the proposed increase in minimum wage, expanded protections for processing workers.... it's like one party does care about workers.


    Anyone that follows labor rights and organization should like this news:
    Biden just fired all 10 of Trump’s appointees on the Federal Service Impasses Panel. Trump had stacked the panel with anti-labor activists who rewrote union contracts to undermine collective bargaining and strip protections from workers. Now all his holdovers are gone.



    Biden, shaping up to be the most progressive administration since FDR ever.

  18. #3298
    when the kids getting out the cages? i see ice are still gooning. Do they have to wait for the new DHS person to get in?

  19. #3299
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    The USA is a largely capitalist nation.

    The government is obviously going to be interested in the concerns of capitalists.

    That's sort of the core of the entire economic system.

    Are you coming out as a left-wing socialist? Or do you, again, not have any clue what you're talking about?
    its not a largely capitalist nation it IS a capitalist nation. What is different between america and europe is that we are a social democracy and america is not. And america never will be with these fine leftwing specimens on this forum. The democrats use high minded ideals instead of rationality. and raising the minimal wage to 15 dollars is such an high minded ideal that ultimately will accomplish nothing and will cause severe damage to the working class. If you want to get through this covid shitstorm then you to increase taxes on the rich and reduce taxes to the low and middle class.
    And subsidize these classes if necessary but do not ad additional problems for bussines owners that are struggling to survive. But who am i kidding . America´s school system is corrupt , its industrial base is dying and they care more about woke agenda then actually getting things done. its only a matter of time untill its reduced to second world country.

  20. #3300
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    when the kids getting out the cages? i see ice are still gooning. Do they have to wait for the new DHS person to get in?
    The Trump administration tried to screw them on the last day.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by DKjaigen View Post
    its not a largely capitalist nation it IS a capitalist nation. What is different between america and europe is that we are a social democracy and america is not. And america never will be with these fine leftwing specimens on this forum. The democrats use high minded ideals instead of rationality. and raising the minimal wage to 15 dollars is such an high minded ideal that ultimately will accomplish nothing and will cause severe damage to the working class. If you want to get through this covid shitstorm then you to increase taxes on the rich and reduce taxes to the low and middle class.
    And subsidize these classes if necessary but do not ad additional problems for bussines owners that are struggling to survive. But who am i kidding . America´s school system is corrupt , its industrial base is dying and they care more about woke agenda then actually getting things done. its only a matter of time untill its reduced to second world country.
    It's the Democrats' fault that they aren't socialist enough?

    is that your final answer?
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Multiculturalism hurts and kills. This happened before Trump and it would be happening without him. Racism arises from a multicultural society. If we were monocultural, people would not see issues through the lens of race.
    This is a poster saying that people are at fault for being the victims of terrorism, because they are not white.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    I hate personal freedom because people abuse it like a shiny new toy.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •