Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...itarian-crisis

Whoa whoa whoa, what is this? Pro-austerity neoliberal Biden, who loves bombing people is ending US support of the Saudi operations in Yemen? And freezing arm sales to the Saudis?

I feel like we were warned that he was gonna ramp up bombing, this doesn't seem like he's ramping up bombing or supporting bombing in the middle east. What gives?
    https://thehill.com/policy/defense/5...-new-questions

Never got around to this but it doesn't really look like he is ending support but instead just reframing it around defence in stead of offence which... could lead to exactly nothing changing as he said..

"We are ending all American support for offensive operations in the war on Yemen including relevant arm sales"

Which isn't to say we Arne't arming them... we aren't going to arm them with weapons relevant to offence, but what about defence? Those operations will continue as well as American support of those operations.

When you note that the pentagon already considers most of the action around Saudi Arabia and Yemen to be defensive what changes?

But Biden and other administration officials also stressed the United States would continue defending the Saudis from attacks, as well as continue counterterrorism operations inside Yemen against al Qaeda and ISIS
    So the question then is what does Biden think of it and how does Biden view it? If the pentagon views it as defensive and ergo arm Saudis... is that going to happen or will Biden deem it offensive and stop it?

Jake Sullivan also confirmed this will not stop Americans bombing Yemen war on terror and all that.
    Last edited by Themius; 2021-02-16 at 10:17 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodonius View Post
    Black people in america should be happy their ancestors where slaves so they could have a good live.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodonius View Post
    Black women are racist. Im the one trying to make her[my wife] behave like white people and not say it out loud.
    Totally not racist

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://twitter.com/AndrewSolender/s...20677918543875

I know this won't change any minds, but it may win a few hearts.

Biden plays Mario Kart, yo. Granted it looks to be the Switch version (I think? I only go as far as the N64 version) in an arcade cabinet, but that's probably cooler.

You may hate his policies, but his choice of game is just fine.
    I like how all the right wingers are bitching that he is playing Mario Cart, with his first days off since taking the presidency, and didn't say a fucking word when Trump literally took the first weekend off after his inauguration, to go spend millions of dollars at his own fucking golf course, that went directly to him from tax payers.

Quote Originally Posted by Selvari7 View Post
    So now the measuring stick is what the former president did ? Way to set the bar low.
    I dare say it was high enough for you a year ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    I dare say it was high enough for you a year ago.
    We already know what the guy is, even caught where he was trying his stuff in the WoW classic section.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    And, typically, the first reply I see to that is a complaint about how people are dying to COVID
    To which the immediate reply is "Trump went golfing"

So didn't know where to post this, I figured this was the best place.

Any idea when congress will get off its ass and pass the relief bill?
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    So didn't know where to post this, I figured this was the best place.

Any idea when congress will get off its ass and pass the relief bill?
    They’re in the process of reconciliation with the house expected to be done as early as next week. The senate will take a little longer due to the GOP delaying the impeachment trial.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    They’re in the process of reconciliation with the house expected to be done as early as next week. The senate will take a little longer due to the GOP delaying the impeachment trial.
    So we are looking at closer to the start of next month before anything gets done.... Lovely.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

I listened a bit to President Biden's town hall.

Explain to me again how this election was close?

The best answer he gave was to a pro-Trump supporter. The pro-Trump supporter tried to ask his questions in strong emotional terms, and Biden thwarted his attempts by just going into rational logical nerd mode, talking in detail about facts and figures and anecdotal stories. The pro-Trump supporter was not deterred, asked multiple questions all in the same emotional way, and Biden was persistent in maintaining his low keyed nerdy approach. Biden came across as Presidential, the pro-Trump guy came across as petty.

imho, he knocked this event out of the ball park. His demeanor was perfect. He made being nice a positive and something really good, and something that America needs more of. And he did it well.

His well prepared answers and calm demeanor are exactly what this country needs right now. And I loved his detailed answers.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega10 View Post
    Biden came across as Presidential, the pro-Trump guy came across as petty.
    Sounds about right. He did once say that we didn't have a vaccine when he was elected -- but past that minor slip, he had a realistic time frame.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Sounds about right. He did once say that we didn't have a vaccine when he was elected -- but past that minor slip, he had a realistic time frame.
    This was a chilling statement (from the article you linked).

Biden added that it is "highly unlikely that by the beginning of next year’s traditional school year in September we are not significantly better off than we are today."

Compare this town hall meeting with the Trump press conferences and tweets and comments.

Trump: mostly false (like 90% false), everything said for maximum emotional impact, quite theatrical
    President Biden: mostly true (like 90% true), lots of details, downplayed emotional impact, very matter of fact and to the point

Trump: a clown masquerading as the leader of the country
    President Biden: a decent President dealing with the cards that he was dealt as best he could, and explaining as many details as he could in the time he had.

President Biden will benefit hugely from being compared to Trump.

I listened a bit to President Biden's town hall.

Explain to me again how this election was close?

The best answer he gave was to a pro-Trump supporter. The pro-Trump supporter tried to ask his questions in strong emotional terms, and Biden thwarted his attempts by just going into rational logical nerd mode, talking in detail about facts and figures and anecdotal stories. The pro-Trump supporter was not deterred, asked multiple questions all in the same emotional way, and Biden was persistent in maintaining his low keyed nerdy approach. Biden came across as Presidential, the pro-Trump guy came across as petty.

imho, he knocked this event out of the ball park. His demeanor was perfect. He made being nice a positive and something really good, and something that America needs more of. And he did it well.

His well prepared answers and calm demeanor are exactly what this country needs right now. And I loved his detailed answers.
    You answered your own question unfortunately. Too many people are like that trump supporters. Facts don't matter only feels does.

Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    https://thehill.com/policy/defense/5...-new-questions

Never got around to this but it doesn't really look like he is ending support but instead just reframing it around defence in stead of offence which... could lead to exactly nothing changing as he said..

"We are ending all American support for offensive operations in the war on Yemen including relevant arm sales"

Which isn't to say we Arne't arming them... we aren't going to arm them with weapons relevant to offence, but what about defence? Those operations will continue as well as American support of those operations.

When you note that the pentagon already considers most of the action around Saudi Arabia and Yemen to be defensive what changes?

So the question then is what does Biden think of it and how does Biden view it? If the pentagon views it as defensive and ergo arm Saudis... is that going to happen or will Biden deem it offensive and stop it?

Jake Sullivan also confirmed this will not stop Americans bombing Yemen war on terror and all that.
    This comes as no surprise, the military industrial complex has bipartisan support in the US.
    Quote Originally Posted by Milchshake View Post
    it’s mostly a syndicalist fantasy that “the workers” are going to rise up, which is disconnected from the fact that “the workers” are your racist uncle and jerk co-workers who you don’t like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    The election has passed and 58 million working class Americans stood up and proved that they are in fact your racist uncle and jerk co-workers.
    They really can't help but show disdain for the working class.

Based Biden dunking on the college students

Quote Originally Posted by NED funded View Post
    Based Biden dunking on the college students
    In a fashion as moronic as suggesting that one favors private helicopters over public roads because a billionaire might drive on the latter, sure.

It was a bad answer from Biden.
    "Multiculturalism has failed!" angrily types a person of European descent living in the Americas in a Germanic language using Roman characters on a device coded with Arabic numerals before leaving in a huff to go watch cartoons made in Japan.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    In a fashion as moronic as suggesting that one favors private helicopters over public roads because a billionaire might drive on the latter, sure.

It was a bad answer from Biden.
    In my pro-President Biden giddiness, I will concede this point.

Both President Biden, and republicans led my McConnell, are putting forward the point:

We can't do things that help middle class and poor Americans because a small portion of the help might help people that make between 100k and 200k a year. McConnell and the republicans are using it to try to put restrictions on who can get stimulus aid, and now President Biden is using it to justify not forgiving student loan debt.

Republicans started the meme that 100k salaries makes one rich. It does not. Well off yeah, but still working from paycheck to paycheck I'm not sure why President Biden thought it was a good idea to pick up and expand on this idea.

It's clear why republicans are pushing this idea now. In the future, they want to fight back on all of this by saying that democrats like to punish middle class Americans that do reasonably well for themselves. They pushed this idea for a long long time. They are trying to make policies into law now that give them talking points in the future, especially if it hurts America in the meantime. After all, they need something to rage about.

It is not at all clear why President Biden thought it wise to make this a main reason against $50k student loan forgiveness. He is mortified that people will use it that went to Ivy League schools?

In my pro-President Biden giddiness, I will concede this point.

Both President Biden, and republicans led my McConnell, are putting forward the point:

We can't do things that help middle class and poor Americans because a small portion of the help might help people that make between 100k and 200k a year. McConnell and the republicans are using it to try to put restrictions on who can get stimulus aid, and now President Biden is using it to justify not forgiving student loan debt.

Republicans started the meme that 100k salaries makes one rich. It does not. Well off yeah, but still working from paycheck to paycheck I'm not sure why President Biden thought it was a good idea to pick up and expand on this idea.

It's clear why republicans are pushing this idea now. In the future, they want to fight back on all of this by saying that democrats like to punish middle class Americans that do reasonably well for themselves. They pushed this idea for a long long time. They are trying to make policies into law now that give them talking points in the future, especially if it hurts America in the meantime. After all, they need something to rage about.

It is not at all clear why President Biden thought it wise to make this a main reason against $50k student loan forgiveness. He is mortified that people will use it that went to Ivy League schools?
    It's almost as if crusty old people that haven't ever actually had to take out a student loan themselves might not be very well acquainted with the realities of student debt in the US.

That and this country has a deeply pathological hatred for the "undeserving", a term which does a lot of work regardless of which party utters it.
    Last edited by Elegiac; 2021-02-17 at 04:07 PM.
    "Multiculturalism has failed!" angrily types a person of European descent living in the Americas in a Germanic language using Roman characters on a device coded with Arabic numerals before leaving in a huff to go watch cartoons made in Japan.

Though i'm happy we havre Biden rather than Trump. I am going to put much more focus on a younger candidate for the next election cycle.

I would like to see someone in office that has a bit better of a grip on the younger generations.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    Though i'm happy we havre Biden rather than Trump. I am going to put much more focus on a younger candidate for the next election cycle.

I would like to see someone in office that has a bit better of a grip on the younger generations.
    Someone who doesn't cling to that reefer madness bullshit still, at least. Lol.

And that's the thing which irks me: "he's a product of his time" isn't really a defensible position when "his time" was one marked by systemic racial injustice over drug enforcement.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Someone who doesn't cling to that reefer madness bullshit still, at least. Lol.

And that's the thing which irks me: "he's a product of his time" isn't really a defensible position when "his time" was one marked by systemic racial injustice over drug enforcement.
    With all of the access to information in today's world, being a product of one's time is no longer a valid excuse. People learn and grow. If someone stays set in their ways they aren't a product of their time, they are willfully ignorant.

I think Biden has grown a lot over the course of his career. But there are a few areas where he is still out of touch. Next cycle, i'm definitely looking for a younger candidate who hits the markers of the needs of the modern adult.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.