10+ Year Old Account
    @Theodarzna you were supposed to provide examples of Dems calling Biden senile, to prove that you weren't just repeating Q and OANN conspiracies like you always do.

What happened Theo, you said you watched "many places" clearly it shouldn't be hard to find?

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I don't have a television, I watch The Hill and read a few sources, but I do love the accusation.

Any person not a shameless sycophant for a political party would ask the same question.

I get for you two a "Reliable Source" is Joe Biden's campaign website, DNC press releases and maybe if you are feeling adventurous things Obama tweets.
    This is a lot of words to say “My husband’s Facebook feed”.

If Donald Trump's first bill in 2017 was polling at 75% approval, Democrats would have been in a tailspin of panic. It is amazing how detached Republicans are from public opinion. (They're not wrong, either, probably).

Yes, the effin ineptitude of the Dems. With 75% approval you call this a slam dunk or whatever. Not the Dems, well at least Sinema and Manchin who may kill this bill or gimp it. The Republicans? Well, again their Representatives don't give a shit about their voters. 60% of Republicans approve of the bill. Oh yeah, the only credit I give the Republicans ever is "they don't give a shit". If this was a Republican bill and had 40% approval, they would ram it through, ala tax bill.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

10+ Year Old Account
    The anniversary of the SC primary!

What a crazy year it's bin.

Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    If Donald Trump's first bill in 2017 was polling at 75% approval, Democrats would have been in a tailspin of panic. It is amazing how detached Republicans are from public opinion. (They're not wrong, either, probably).

Yes, the effin ineptitude of the Dems. With 75% approval you call this a slam dunk or whatever. Not the Dems, well at least Sinema and Manchin who may kill this bill or gimp it. The Republicans? Well, again their Representatives don't give a shit about their voters. 60% of Republicans approve of the bill. Oh yeah, the only credit I give the Republicans ever is "they don't give a shit". If this was a Republican bill and had 40% approval, they would ram it through, ala tax bill.
    Put the proverbial gun on the head of Manchin and Sinema (please do not put a real gun on them) and make them vote for this. Its a no brainer.
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

https://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-...ument-n1258832

Just for context: The Republican response to the minimum wage hike is, "WE EARNED FOUR BUCKS AN HOUR IN THE 1960's, AND EVEN GOT EXPLOITED AND WORKED BELOW MINIMUM WAGE, AND IF WE DID IT'S JUST FINE AS-IS!"

For a reminder on the fact that Democrats are going this entirely alone, and need every vote in their caucus as Republicans won't lift a finger to help folks. Wish we had fewer conservative Democrats to deal with, but it's the hand we've been dealt.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-...ument-n1258832

Just for context: The Republican response to the minimum wage hike is, "WE EARNED FOUR BUCKS AN HOUR IN THE 1960's, AND EVEN GOT EXPLOITED AND WORKED BELOW MINIMUM WAGE, AND IF WE DID IT'S JUST FINE AS-IS!"

For a reminder on the fact that Democrats are going this entirely alone, and need every vote in their caucus as Republicans won't lift a finger to help folks. Wish we had fewer conservative Democrats to deal with, but it's the hand we've been dealt.
    If these people are fine with minimum wage as it is now, can we just lower their salaries to that? Because obviously, they're okay with it because it's fine as-is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by masterhorus8 View Post
    If these people are fine with minimum wage as it is now, can we just lower their salaries to that? Because obviously, they're okay with it because it's fine as-is.
    That's my thinking too. If seven dollars an hour is enough to live on, they can lead by example.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    No, it's that you supported a candidate with the same condition, if not worse, and therefore by showing disdain for the same thing when it's someone you don't agree with it reveals your hypocrisy like a black light in a hotel room. That then only makes it easier to take you less seriously.
    Who was my candidate?
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Milchshake View Post

What a crazy year it's bin.

[IMG]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EvAimYaXEAE35P8?format=jpg&name=900x900/]
    The same state that just banned Abortion?

Who was my candidate?
    Trump. Trump. Trump.

You have been shilling for the guy for 5 years.

And no, we don't care when you swear that you didn't vote for him, when your own post history is littered with examples (that have been provided countless times) to back it up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Trump. Trump. Trump.

You have been shilling for the guy for 5 years.

And no, we don't care when you swear that you didn't vote for him, when your own post history is littered with examples (that have been provided countless times) to back it up.
    Those greatest hits:
    "Every criticism of Trump is a liberal hoax"
    "Orange Man not Bad"
    "Trump can't hurt you"

Basically, "I support Trump, but with extra steps".
    Last edited by Milchshake; 2021-02-25 at 05:43 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Who was my candidate?
    I mean, Tulsi having dementia might explain her mysteriously forgetting to have consistent ethical standards when cozying up to war criminals like Assad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Isn't this also more or less the argument for getting rid of student debt? "We paid this money/paid the loans off, so everyone else should have to, too! Forever!"

Here I thought that society was meant to progress and make things better for people. God forbid that actually happens.
    I mean, why do you think they aren't considered Progressives?

Who was my candidate?
    Biden.

He was the teacher's union pick, so he was your pick. It does make all of your bogus criticisms of him pretty empty since at the end of the day there's no other choice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Who was my candidate?
    Exxon... or as you now refer to the oil industry... Mineral Extraction...

Edit: Sorry, resource extraction...

except for the corporations involved in resource extraction like Oil, Gas and Coal.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    He was the teacher's union pick, so he was your pick. It does make all of your bogus criticisms of him pretty empty since at the end of the day there's no other choice.
    They haven’t pretended to be a teacher assistant for several years. Just sayin...

Edit:

You said you were voting for who was supported by the Teacher's Union. He's still your pick even if you felt being a coach potato was more important.
    Oh, never mind...
    Last edited by Felya; 2021-02-25 at 07:22 PM.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Biden.

I didn't vote, so, nah.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

I didn't vote, so, nah.
    Well look, I already called your response.

That doesn't change the fact you've spent the last 5 years shilling for the guy. Plenty of the Trumpstwr insurrecionists also didn't vote... but that doesn't mean they aren't devout Trump supporters.

I didn't vote, so, nah.
    You said you were voting for who was supported by the Teacher's Union. He's still your pick even if you felt being a coach potato was more important.

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't vote, so, nah.
    You can’t vote for Exxon... not yet, anyway... maybe that will be the next GOP rising star... Exxon...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Milchshake View Post
    Who the fuck was pushing Steyer to be third? I don’t remember that at all...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi