Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Sure I get that.

But he was implying the whole thing was pulled by Joe Biden and didn't mention Parliamentarian. That's what bothered me.
    Because he's implying that he doesn't truly care about it all that much. All Cenk said a month ago was that "don't get your hopes up Biden isn't all for the $15 minimum wage and i guarantee you that it is going to be the first thing they'll talk about cutting" 2 weeks later he was talking about cutting it and Cenk said they're going to use it as Politicla capital then say they can't do it because of xyz and.... well that's what happened.

Biden isn't exactly on the side of the little guy... Mr. I have 10 million dollars but student debt is a burden on "me too"... because what his children that need to rely on their rich grandpa for college debt?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodonius View Post
    Black people in america should be happy their ancestors where slaves so they could have a good live.
    Black women are racist. Im the one trying to make her[my wife] behave like white people and not say it out loud.
    Totally not racist

The Unstoppable Force Kaleredar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    And democrats who aren't Manchin or Sinema are using them as a convenient excuse to do jackshit.
    So is your suggestion that, should they lack the votes to go through with it, they... uh, really, really mean it hard and then it’ll pass without needing the number of necessary votes?

Pluck and moxie are ultimately not worth much if the rather binary “do we have the votes to pass it, yes or no” criteria is not being met.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    So is your suggestion that, should they lack the votes to go through with it, they... uh, really, really mean it hard and then it’ll pass without needing the number of necessary votes?

Pluck and moxie are ultimately not worth much if the rather binary “do we have the votes to pass it, yes or no” criteria is not being met.
    The politics of delaying COVID relief for months in order to raise the minimum wage are not as good as people think they are.

Polls show most Americans want Covid Relief more than anything. Followed by the vaccine.

Instead of threatening to constantly move their asses to Europe. Maybe our Leftists blowhards should move to West Virginia or Maine even. I'm all for flipping more seats, to make the Manchins, Sinemas, and Collins non relevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post

Add it to the bill. Do you truly think Sinema and Manchin will torpedo the bill then? That's the whole fucking point of leaving it in. Machin has had to back away multiple times from his positions because of his voter's outrage. He will fold because he will not risk delaying covid relief just because of the minimum wage hike which is universally popular

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Milchshake View Post
    The politics of delaying COVID relief for months in order to raise the minimum wage are not as good as people think they are.

Polls show most Americans want Covid Relief more than anything. Followed by the vaccine.

Instead of threatening to constantly move their asses to Europe. Maybe our Leftists blowhards should move to West Virginia or Maine even. I'm all for flipping more seats, to make the Manchins, Sinemas, and Collins non relevant.
    Add it to the bill... they will not vote against it... so weird how you are this weird hate boner for "leftists"
    Black people in america should be happy their ancestors where slaves so they could have a good live.
    Black women are racist. Im the one trying to make her[my wife] behave like white people and not say it out loud.
    Totally not racist

And your hate boner for half of the dems in thhe Senate will only cost votes and time.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    And your hate boner for half of the dems in thhe Senate will only cost votes and time.
    Really? How?

There are two in the senate that are currently causing the bigger issues right now 2 out of 50 is less than half mind.\

Democrats Midterms - We're sorry, but the Parliamentarian

Riveting shit.
    Totally not racist

A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    This really should have gotten a lot more attention then it did. The fact it didn't even make a ripple in the news cycle when it came out is a big part of the problem. When the military commits atrocities, it is a huge news story, because there is some accountability there. But due to the gross history of the CIA and other executive agencies, everyone just sort of expects they are constantly committing atrocities, and everyone is mostly fine with it.

Unfortunately, I believe everything in the Intercept's article here, it is excellent journalism, and undoubtedly true. Gina Haspel was sworn in as CIA director in May 2018, and these raids allegedly began in December of the same year. That is not a coincidence, Gina Haspel is a fucking monster that is a wanted War Criminal in 3/4s of the planet, and Trump knew that when he appointed her, and the Senate knew it when they confirmed her. She has a 20+ year track record of approving murder, torture, and all manner of disgusting activities. The CIA has reached such a meme level of evil that everyone just expects it out of them, and this doesn't even hit the news cycle.

To me, the real underlying issue is the lack of accountability in ALL the executive branch departments. That includes CIA, FBI, ICE, Homeland Security, the whole lot of them. Congress is supposed to provide oversight, but it fucking doesn't, and never has. Sometimes they commit atrocities, and we just replace them with the next administrations people and never look back. We desperately need a fundamental overhaul of these organizations, because throwing kids into cages and gunning down kids in Afghan madrassas are just things that these agencies can do, without fear of any actual consequences.
    "We have it totally under control. It’s one person coming in from China. We have it under control. It’s going to be just fine." DJT- Jan 22, 2020
    "And again, when you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that’s a pretty good job we’ve done." DJT- Feb 26, 2020
    “It’s going to disappear. One day — it’s like a miracle — it will disappear.” DJT- Feb 27, 2020

Like...fuckin ignore the parliamentarian, or have them resign. Like Republicans do.

Americans very much seem to care about results, not process. They don't give a shit if the i's and lower case j's aren't dotted, if the t's aren't crossed or if there are notes scribbled in the margins.

They care about results. Get them results, and then make Republicans have to sell a repeal of the minimum wage hike to their constituents at town halls like they tried to sell repealing the ACA.

Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    I had no idea this forum had this sort of infleunce.
    it’s mostly a syndicalist fantasy that “the workers” are going to rise up, which is disconnected from the fact that “the workers” are your racist uncle and jerk co-workers who you don’t like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    The election has passed and 58 million working class Americans stood up and proved that they are in fact your racist uncle and jerk co-workers.
    They really can't help but show disdain for the working class.

What's the point of playing by the rules when we know the Republicans never will (and also never face consequences from it - in fact, quite the opposite!)?

Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    What's the point of playing by the rules when we know the Republicans never will (and also never face consequences from it - in fact, quite the opposite!)?
    Its just an excuse to oppose certain policy ideas.
    it’s mostly a syndicalist fantasy that “the workers” are going to rise up, which is disconnected from the fact that “the workers” are your racist uncle and jerk co-workers who you don’t like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    The election has passed and 58 million working class Americans stood up and proved that they are in fact your racist uncle and jerk co-workers.
    They really can't help but show disdain for the working class.

Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    Don't make the mistake of thinking it is a rule though.

It isn't a rule, it is an advisory opinion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Like...fuckin ignore the parliamentarian, or have them resign. Like Republicans do.

Americans very much seem to care about results, not process. They don't give a shit if the i's and lower case j's aren't dotted, if the t's aren't crossed or if there are notes scribbled in the margins.

They care about results. Get them results, and then make Republicans have to sell a repeal of the minimum wage hike to their constituents at town halls like they tried to sell repealing the ACA.
    Well... you're making the mistake of assuming the democrats by and large want to pass higher minimum wages. Remember that most of our lawmakers at the end of the day are wealthy millionaires and plenty of business owners.

Appear progressive by backing it, and then just throw up your hands and say "aw damn can't do it, because the advisory opinion says we can't. I mean... it's just an advisory opinion from an unelected bureaucrat and we could overrule or remove the person but... nah we won't.

2022 midterms vote for us! We really wanted to give you $15 minimum wage but the parliamentarian!!
    Last edited by Themius; 2021-02-26 at 06:25 PM.
    Totally not racist

Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    This really should have gotten a lot more attention then it did. The fact it didn't even make a ripple in the news cycle when it came out is a big part of the problem. When the military commits atrocities, it is a huge news story, because there is some accountability there. But due to the gross history of the CIA and other executive agencies, everyone just sort of expects they are constantly committing atrocities, and everyone is mostly fine with it.

Unfortunately, I believe everything in the Intercept's article here, it is excellent journalism, and undoubtedly true. Gina Haspel was sworn in as CIA director in May 2018, and these raids allegedly began in December of the same year. That is not a coincidence, Gina Haspel is a fucking monster that is a wanted War Criminal in 3/4s of the planet, and Trump knew that when he appointed her, and the Senate knew it when they confirmed her. She has a 20+ year track record of approving murder, torture, and all manner of disgusting activities. The CIA has reached such a meme level of evil that everyone just expects it out of them, and this doesn't even hit the news cycle.

To me, the real underlying issue is the lack of accountability in ALL the executive branch departments. That includes CIA, FBI, ICE, Homeland Security, the whole lot of them. Congress is supposed to provide oversight, but it fucking doesn't, and never has. Sometimes they commit atrocities, and we just replace them with the next administrations people and never look back. We desperately need a fundamental overhaul of these organizations, because throwing kids into cages and gunning down kids in Afghan madrassas are just things that these agencies can do, without fear of any actual consequences.
    I was going to discuss

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/minim...201411243.html

Meanwhile, Sen. Josh Hawley (R., Mo.) proposed an alternative bill on Friday to require companies with revenues of $1 billion or more to pay workers $15 an hour.
    and point out that republicans are being guilted into finding some way to have some minimum wage increase.

However, I bolded your entire statement because it is important. If we want to ever become a leader of the free world again, or even a country that is respected world wide rather than just feared, then we have to stop these atrocities. Thank you for posting this.

America is Back baby! We bombing Syria just as before.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    America is Back baby! We bombing Syria just as before.

It didn't bother you when Trump was doing this shit in Yemen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Multiculturalism hurts and kills. This happened before Trump and it would be happening without him. Racism arises from a multicultural society. If we were monocultural, people would not see issues through the lens of race.
    This is a poster saying that people are at fault for being the victims of terrorism, because they are not white.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    I hate personal freedom because people abuse it like a shiny new toy.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Don't make the mistake of thinking it is a rule though.

It isn't a rule, it is an advisory opinion.

- - - Updated - - -

Well... you're making the mistake of assuming the democrats by and large want to pass higher minimum wages. Remember that most of our lawmakers at the end of the day are wealthy millionaires and plenty of business owners.

Appear progressive by backing it, and then just throw up your hands and say "aw damn can't do it, because the advisory opinion says we can't. I mean... it's just an advisory opinion from an unelected bureaucrat and we could overrule or remove the person but... nah we won't.

2022 midterms vote for us! We really wanted to give you $15 minimum wage but the parliamentarian!!
    Thats what confuses me. Doesn't all evidence point towards higher minimum wages being better for EVERYONE including the super rich? And that keeping it low is only hurting everyone, super rich included?
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Thats what confuses me. Doesn't all evidence point towards higher minimum wages being better for EVERYONE including the super rich? And that keeping it low is only hurting everyone, super rich included?
    Yes everything you said is completely true. It also strengthens the US in the battle against China. Higher wages means bigger domestic market means more imports means more leverage around the world.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    It didn't bother you when Trump was doing this shit in Yemen.
    What Trump did in Yemen sucked, and what Biden did in Syria sucked. What Trump did in Yemen was worse because it did substantially more damage and was sustained over a longer period of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega10 View Post
    What Trump did in Yemen sucked, and what Biden did in Syria sucked. What Trump did in Yemen was worse because it did substantially more damage and was sustained over a longer period of time.
    Biden has only been in about a month, give him time. He will drone it up just like Obama.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    Biden has only been in about a month, give him time. He will drone it up just like Obama.
    This is likely to be true. But let's just deal with the stuff that has actually happened.

From what I can tell, the military type leaders are anxious to increase US military involvement all over the world. All we can do is try and push back as hard as possible. But they have the power to make it happen. I doubt that Biden will do any better in pushing back than any other President over the last 20 years.

One thing I will Trump some credit for: he really did make an effort to try to push back against this. He was not really successful at it, but at least he tried.

Who chants "Dems Losing 2020" more?
    • Very Online Leftists and Podcasters
    • The crowd at CPAC

Pack it in libs, we've lost the Working MAn vote. Also people that paid scalper prices for PS5s and were counting on $2k checks (cheques for the brit stans).

See also: "Bide has DemeneTiA", did it start first on Fox news or TYT?