1. #5261
    Quote Originally Posted by NED funded View Post
    https://www.c-span.org/video/?c49502...inema-votes-15

    I disagree with her but the confidence and style of that no vote I have to give it to her
    I also need to publicly apologize to the Amendment King. I didnt think he would actually force the vote.

    I thought the risk of procedural shenanigans of it reaching a 50-50 tie would delay all $1.9 trillion of relief.

    He clearly did his homework and saw it was going to fail by six votes. Avoiding all threat of delay.


    I fully expect to catch more hate over this than:
    • Sinema
    • Joe Manchin
    • Jon Tester of Montana
    • Jeanne Shaheen
    • Maggie Hassan
    • Tom Carper
    • Chris Coons
    • Independent Angus King
    • 50 Republicans

    I fully relinquish my position as #3 on Tulsi's Enemies List.

  2. #5262
    Quote Originally Posted by CostinR View Post
    Since you want to engage in a smear job: From the official EU website

    https://ec.europa.eu/info/business-e...ce-facility_en



    But it goes all the way to 750 billion, still a pittance compared to what we need. According to Bloomberg.

    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...utpaced-by-u-s



    As for COVID. Statistics don't lie. Take vaccinations for instance: https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...s-tracker.html

    The US has managed to get a single dose for almost a quarter of their population. The EU countries? Less then 10%, and only Hungary has managed as of writing to get over that.
    Smear job? I live in the us...in florida no less.

    I don't give a fuck what article you post and your backwards ass interpretation of them....one stat beats them all.

    500K+ people died.

    That didn't happen because we as a country were closed down.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

  3. #5263
    I genuinely don't understand Sinema. Mark Kelly is far more progressive and won with a larger share of the vote than she did, but she's pandering to Conservatives because.. ?

    Also why don't House Dems grow a pair and force Biden to negotiate with them instead of two idiot Senators.

  4. #5264
    Quote Originally Posted by Nurasu View Post
    Also why don't House Dems grow a pair and force Biden to negotiate with them instead of two idiot Senators.
    ...what?

    The issue is the Senate, not Biden or the House. The House already passed the bill.

  5. #5265
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    ...what?

    The issue is the Senate, not Biden or the House. The House already passed the bill.
    If 6 members of the House said they wouldn't pass it without the minimum wage, they would be relevant in the conversation. Instead, they've already said they'll pass whatever the Senate sends. If 6 members of the House said they wouldn't pass the bill with the lower income threshold, Biden wouldn't be 'compromising' with only Manchin and Sinema.

  6. #5266
    Banned Themius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    38,118
    Networth of democrats voting no:

    Chris Coons: $10.13 million
    Angus King: $9.49 million
    Joe Manchin: $7.62 million
    Tom Carper: $5.73 million
    Jeanne Shaheen: $3.82 million
    Jon Tester: $3.67 million
    Maggie Hassan: $3.47 million
    Sinema - Wait a couple of years for donors and speaking engagements, and board seats, and lobbying... you know the deal.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Nurasu View Post
    If 6 members of the House said they wouldn't pass it without the minimum wage, they would be relevant in the conversation. Instead, they've already said they'll pass whatever the Senate sends. If 6 members of the House said they wouldn't pass the bill with the lower income threshold, Biden wouldn't be 'compromising' with only Manchin and Sinema.
    Yep... there are 10 progressive democrats...

  7. #5267
    Quote Originally Posted by Nurasu View Post
    If 6 members of the House said they wouldn't pass the bill with the lower income threshold, Biden wouldn't be 'compromising' with only Manchin and Sinema.
    Why is Biden, the guy who signs the bill, compromising? It's the Legislature here, and Biden can't force either one to do anything their members don't want to do.

    This is why I'm frustrated with how poorly political news is covered. It made more sense to treat the POTUS as more of a "dictator-esque" position under Trump given his tendencies and the Republican Legislature more or less green lighting most of what he wanted.

    But under normal circumstances it presents a wildly inaccurate picture of the power/authority of the executive branch, and what the actual responsibilities of the legislative branch are.

  8. #5268
    Void Lord Felya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    the other
    Posts
    58,045
    Quote Originally Posted by Nurasu View Post
    If 6 members of the House said they wouldn't pass it without the minimum wage, they would be relevant in the conversation. Instead, they've already said they'll pass whatever the Senate sends. If 6 members of the House said they wouldn't pass the bill with the lower income threshold, Biden wouldn't be 'compromising' with only Manchin and Sinema.
    What does senate send to the house?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

  9. #5269
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    What does senate send to the house?
    Their version of the bill for reconciliation, just as the House sends their bill to the Senate.

  10. #5270
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Why is Biden, the guy who signs the bill, compromising? It's the Legislature here, and Biden can't force either one to do anything their members don't want to do.

    This is why I'm frustrated with how poorly political news is covered. It made more sense to treat the POTUS as more of a "dictator-esque" position under Trump given his tendencies and the Republican Legislature more or less green lighting most of what he wanted.

    But under normal circumstances it presents a wildly inaccurate picture of the power/authority of the executive branch, and what the actual responsibilities of the legislative branch are.
    Obviously it's not his responsibility to write the bill, but to claim he has no influence in discussions is ignorant. He has laid out what he will sign and what he will not, and Dems cannot override a veto.

  11. #5271
    Void Lord Felya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    the other
    Posts
    58,045
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Their version of the bill for reconciliation, just as the House sends their bill to the Senate.
    But, that would be a revision of the house bill, that would have to pass the senate again. I don’t understand why the need to waste time by having senate remove 15$ minimum wage, just for the house to pass it again, then have senate pass it yet again... Isn’t the result and cause the same, minus the time spent on voting 2 extra times?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Nurasu View Post
    Obviously it's not his responsibility to write the bill, but to claim he has no influence in discussions is ignorant. He has laid out what he will sign and what he will not, and Dems cannot override a veto.
    You are suggesting Biden should veto the stimulus, if it doesn’t have a 15$ min wage?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

  12. #5272
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    But, that would be a revision of the house bill, that would have to pass the senate again. I don’t understand why the need to waste time by having senate remove 15$ minimum wage, just for the house to pass it again, then have senate pass it yet again... Isn’t the result and cause the same, minus the time spent on voting 2 extra times?

    - - - Updated - - -



    You are suggesting Biden should veto the stimulus, if it doesn’t have a 15$ min wage?
    I'm suggesting House Dems could make themselves relevant instead of letting 2 Conservatives lead the narrative, but they choose not to because the issues aren't actually that important to them.

  13. #5273
    Quote Originally Posted by Nurasu View Post
    I'm suggesting House Dems could make themselves relevant instead of letting 2 Conservatives lead the narrative, but they choose not to because the issues aren't actually that important to them.
    So focusing negative attention on MVP Harris and the Parliamentarian was a mistake?
    They should have really focused on the 2 6 8 senators instead?

    whoopsie

  14. #5274
    Void Lord Felya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    the other
    Posts
    58,045
    Quote Originally Posted by Nurasu View Post
    I'm suggesting House Dems could make themselves relevant instead of letting 2 Conservatives lead the narrative, but they choose not to because the issues aren't actually that important to them.
    I think they should put pressure on all 8 of them... but, without delaying the stimulus.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Milchshake View Post
    So focusing negative attention on MVP Harris and the Parliamentarian was a mistake?
    At least the sentiment is good... it can be guided better, but it’s good...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

  15. #5275
    Quote Originally Posted by CostinR View Post
    Democrats have convinced a large swathe of voters that they are capable of governing and governing well, European socialists have done the exact oposite.
    Not quite, I don’t think they can nor do many who voted for them.

    The fact is the Republicans have PROVEN that as bad and weak as the Democrats are, the Republicans are so much worse at it.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

  16. #5276
    https://twitter.com/kyrstensinema/st...84873048309760

    A full-time minimum-wage earner makes less than $16k a year. This one’s a no-brainer. Tell Congress to #RaiseTheWage!
    Kyrsten Sinema, circa a long lifetime ago in...2014.

  17. #5277
    Democrats are fucking master at shooting their own foot, how the fuck do you throw the game so hard? Kyle Kulinski is right on this, it's like they want to lose in 2022...

    Last edited by Sorshen; 2021-03-05 at 10:43 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    I can't believe you idiots banned my main forum account because I was only showing you proof of your trolling. I will keep posting here and I will not stop this war. Just stop disrupting roleplay. You have done enough damage already.

  18. #5278
    Shithead Dems! So this would have been filibustered, so needed 60 votes.

    Why the eff vote against it, when overall popular and more popular among Dems. Vote yes morons and you can run on that.

    Effin Dems!
    “There is a cult of ignorance in the United States…. [It is] nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that ‘my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.’”

    -Isaac Asimov

  19. #5279
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorshen View Post
    Democrats are fucking master at shooting their own foot, how the fuck do you throw the game so hard? Kyle Kulinski is right on this, it's like they want to lose in 2022...
    Seeing a lot of shit about something with her and chocolate cake and this image you posted, not seeing anything actually showing any cake nor can I find anyone remotely credible verifying the Bora Bora stuff.

    Like, fuck Sinema and her "let them eat cake" energy and all that, but I don't know why folks would just make shit up when there's like, actual shit to be mad at her about.

    Edit: The Bora Bora thing seems to be based off this nonsense, so it seems even more bullshit - https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/bo...away-facebook/

  20. #5280
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorshen View Post
    Democrats are fucking master at shooting their own foot, how the fuck do you throw the game so hard? Kyle Kulinski is right on this, it's like they want to lose in 2022...]


    Net worth of the 8 Democrats who just voted down $15 minimum wage:
    Chris Coons: $10.13 million
    Angus King: $9.49 million
    Joe Manchin: $7.62 million
    Tom Carper: $5.73 million
    Jeanne Shaheen: $3.82 million
    Jon Tester: $3.67 million
    Maggie Hassan: $3.47 million
    Krysten Sinema: N/A
    https://twitter.com/kenklippenstein/...314036229?s=19

    All millionaires voting against. Ironically we don't know Sinema's net worth from your tweet. But yeah.
    “There is a cult of ignorance in the United States…. [It is] nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that ‘my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.’”

    -Isaac Asimov

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •