The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    Is joe biden this womans mother?

Why does relation make it not sexual assault? If your mother touched your privates would that be ok because she is your mother?

Sexual assault is sexual assault is sexual assault.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Can’t make this shit up, if I tried:

‘Worst work in the world': US park rangers grapple with tide of human waste
    https://www.theguardian.com/environm...ts-human-waste
    Once upon a time I wanted to apply to be a park ranger. My bro told me (back then) it was difficult to get into because it took years for any job openings. The pay wasn't stellar but no one left because they loved the job.
    Well, that was then.
    I smell an opportunity here and now.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont really want to go into details about this stuff. But old men use that "just being too familial" to routinely defend their sexual advances and grooming.
    This is where you switch from "what Joe Biden actually did" to "what I'm gonna fantasize about Joe Biden", and try and gloss over the difference.

I wouldn't rule out a sexual element, regardless its wildly inappropriate to kiss someone like that who you dont know. I would freak the fuck out if biden snuck up behind me and kissed my head.
    Automatically presuming a sexual motive behind every physical intimacy is fucking weird, man.

You're the one arguing that my mother sexually harasses me on the regular.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont really want to go into details about this stuff. But old men use that "just being too familial" to routinely defend their sexual advances and grooming.

I wouldn't rule out a sexual element, regardless its wildly inappropriate to kiss someone like that who you dont know. I would freak the fuck out if biden snuck up behind me and kissed my head.

Honestly the nuances you guys are now willing to debate about now are really enlightening.
    When weren't we willing to debate this? I can't speak for endus but my views have remained constant for years now.

- - - Updated - - -

No duh. But unless joe biden is her mother I dont see how the comparison applies, he isnt related to her so its wildly inappropriate to fucking sneak up and kiss her.
    Wooosh. Try reading my post again.

You think a mother kissing her child when he doesn't want to be kissed isn't sexual assault, but a harmless hiss on the back of the head is?
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    When weren't we willing to debate this? I can't speak for endus but my views have remained constant for years now.
    Pretty sure I'm being pretty damned consistent on things, too. I don't think what Biden did was "okay". I don't think any of it was sexual in nature, either. I think his apology for it was fine.

Not sure you can dig through my post history to find any past circumstances where things happened like this and I was frothing and demanding sexual assault charges.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Are you suggesting my mother kissing the back of my head when she walks by means she's being a "sex pest" with me?

Seriously, I have to wonder where the hell you're getting the idea that "any physical contact" is construed as wildly inappropriate.
    Might be weird in his culture. Kinda weird in here as well. But I wouldn't call it being a sex pest, or anything like that. Like cheek kissing as a greetings. Someone wanting to do that to me, and this would be my reaction.

Context matters.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not presuming, "not ruling out" isnt "I assume it's this".

I'm not arguing that, what is wrong with you guys?
    wait... now you AREN'T saying it was sexual assault?

The only nuance I can see with kissing the hair at the back of a woman's head is whether tongue was involved.
    And I frankly admit I refuse to indulge my imagination from going any further than that.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not presuming, "not ruling out" isnt "I assume it's this".

I'm not arguing that, what is wrong with you guys?
    You called Biden a "sex pest". That means you're arguing his actions were sexual harassment, or worse.

So, when I put the same actions as occurring between myself and my mother, I'm wondering why you think the sexual component vanishes, if you're not arguing that my mother sexually harasses me.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh I didn't really expect you to go to bat for men who do this shit to women. Sorry i obviously thought too highly of you.

Too familial or whatever you want to call it, its creepy it's not good and you're defending it for some reason?
    Literally said it wasn't okay in the post you quoted. Just noted that there's no apparent sexual component, despite your repeated insistence that there must be.

Like haha consent and me too? You never supported any of that.
    For sexual harassment and crimes and the like, sure.

Again; where's the sexual component in what Biden did?

Or, to repeat, are you suggesting my family regularly sexually harasses and assaults each other?

10+ Year Old Account
    Does it? I tend to use it to mean men who are creepy and regularly cross boundaries, guys you've gotta keep an eye on y'know didnt realise it was like a proper legal term, I thought it was slang.
    It's slang. I also cited a definition for said slang.

It'd be weird as hell to use "sex pest" if you weren't suggesting the behaviour was sexual. And there's no indication of any sexual component to Biden's actions.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Antiganon View Post
    I think there is a time and place for the gig economy - that being when we have UBI supporting the basic needs of the entire population and earned income is for luxuries, rather than subsistence.

In a world where college was 100% public funded, I could see college students driving for Uber as a means to have additional money to go out on weekends for example. As a (currently unemployed) 9-5 IT professional, I can see a situation where I might work extra tickets from home on a gig basis so that I can pay off my mortgage faster or have more money for a family vacation. No different than trained tradespersons picking up extra work from their friends/neighbors/classified ads over and above their day jobs because they wanted to leverage their skills for more money.

This thing we have now where people are driving 60+ hours in their own cars for two different rideshare providers just to make rent? That's garbage, and needs to die.
    I wonder which part will get incrementally instituted first and which parts will get implemented at some nebulous future date?
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's just young women every time. Weird that.
    Lucy Flores was in her mid-30s. I can't really be arsed to run down the list.

Are you seriously a prescriptivist too? You going to tell me you think eugenics is good next?
    When you make baity statements like that, completely disconnected from reality or anything anyone's said, that's why people don't take you seriously. You have a pattern of making up baity shit and demanding everyone accept your imagination as legitimate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Baity shit, you mean like arguing that I think your mum sexually harasses you? Come off it.
    That wasn't "baity", that was a very clear extension of your argument.

You said Biden kissing someone on the back of the head made him a "sex pest".
    I pointed out my mum does the same thing to me.
    I asked why that wouldn't mean she was a "sex pest", and I her victim.

I was trying to get you to notice that there's no sexual nature to what Biden did. To get you to retract the "sex pest" nonsense. Instead, you're doubling down, and getting angry with me for pointing out that you are inconsistent.

grooming.
    Yes, I'm sure Vice President Biden was *checks notes* grooming the wives, daughters and other female relatives of friends and colleagues in front of dozens of national cameras recording and live broadcasting every second of it.

That's exactly what it was, he was grooming them like a creepy old rapist.

Is this supposed to be a serious argument?

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a very bad faith argument when it comes to approaching these sorts of things. Biden isnt these peoples' family, we dont know that's what he thinks it is and above all else, it is wildly inappropriate to do this to people unless there is a clearly established boundary.

Trying to deflect from that is awful. I'm sad to see this honestly.

I'm the bad guy not the old man who kisses younger women without asking and holds onto them for an uncomfortable amount of time.
    Family does not stop sexual assault from being sexual assault.

I think youll find my argument is more than just the word grooming.
    You wrote it. You argued he's "grooming" those women/girls.

I'm sure he is better behaved in private. People, especially powerful ones tend to be
    And you have evidence based off...a largely debunked rape allegation from a woman with a history of false testimony? Anything else?

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Is this still about the Tara Reid thing? I mean? Yeah, it is hilarious how all of the "I believe Women! #MeToo!" crowd instantly revealed themselves to be complete hypocrites and cravenly partisan with it. But, lets set the obvious partisan hackery to the side. While her story at least had receipts unlike other accusations which Libs took to be gospel facts, Tara Reid's story was completely off. Like, what Biden finger banged her in public in the Senate building? Like... ehhhh... I mean, I cannot see a man of power of any variety FIRST just go in for fingering; so it just doesn't scan as "something he'd do" but even more, even in the 90s or 80s, or whenever this happened allegedly, Like, I don't think Biden would risk finger banging an intern in public. Sure this is the same class of people who party on Epstein child sex slave island, but they do it on a private Island, not in a place that is easy to get caught.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

No shit. Endus is the one pulling the familial thing.

Family to endus is an acceptable context for this behaviour, but i keep having to say biden isnt these peoples' family.
    a lot of older people do that stuff, especially if they were raised in a family where touch was encouraged. ever met someones old aunty who grabbed you and or/kissed you?

trying to equate that with sexual assault is not a good look and isn't gonna get you anywhere as we've already seen.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    Is this still about the Tara Reid thing? I mean? Yeah, it is hilarious how all of the "I believe Women! #MeToo!" crowd instantly revealed themselves to be complete hypocrites and cravenly partisan with it. But, lets set the obvious partisan hackery to the side. While her story at least had receipts unlike other accusations which Libs took to be gospel facts, Tara Reid's story was completely off. Like, what Biden finger banged her in public in the Senate building? Like... ehhhh... I mean, I cannot see a man of power of any variety FIRST just go in for fingering; so it just doesn't scan as "something he'd do" but even more, even in the 90s or 80s, or whenever this happened allegedly, Like, I don't think Biden would risk finger banging an intern in public. Sure this is the same class of people who party on Epstein child sex slave island, but they do it on a private Island, not in a place that is easy to get caught.
    believe women and Me Too is about taking women seriously and investigating instead of dismissing out of hand.

the fact that you equate that to simple rumormongering shows your opinion of other women.

Not if your old apparently
    We've got an avalanche of shit to fix and you're still focused on the fact that Biden made some women feel uncomfortable with his behavior, which he's acknowledged, apologized for, and committed to improving.

Normally, that's a, "Cool, problem solved unless he starts that shit again or anyone complains.", but I guess we're still here to dig this dead horse up for one last flogging...ah who am I kidding, this ain't gonna be the last time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    We've got an avalanche of shit to fix and you're still focused on the fact that Biden made some women feel uncomfortable with his behavior, which he's acknowledged, apologized for, and committed to improving.

Normally, that's a, "Cool, problem solved unless he starts that shit again or anyone complains.", but I guess we're still here to dig this dead horse up for one last flogging...ah who am I kidding, this ain't gonna be the last time.
    It’s a testament to how bland Biden is... these arguments will not evolve...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi