Quote Originally Posted by PetalExpress View Post
    Are Biden and Harris ok and still in office?

We hear nothing about them here in the UK.

It's like they suddenly vanished into thin air.
    Trying so hard, but I hope everyone sees through this bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    Trying so hard, but I hope everyone sees through this bullshit.
    A person has to be a massive massive loser to make a burner account on a gaming forum to troll people about politics.

Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    A person has to be a massive massive loser to make a burner account on a gaming forum to troll people about politics.
    Imagine what a loser they must be when it's burner #317

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Imagine what a loser they must be when it's burner #317
    I know, right? Being left with nothing but memes on ban-evading alts must be so humiliating.

The Unstoppable Force Kaleredar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    I know, right? Being left with nothing but memes on ban-evading alts must be so humiliating.
    Occasionally they’ll snap and start lashing out at people before they get banned again. To which I always tell them... take a walk... get a hobby... maybe go volunteer or something. A WoW fan forum cannot be worth the heart problems.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post

I dispute your assertion of Bush jr having some sort of intelligence...
    I understand but give credit where credit is due.
    Bush JR was smart enough to understand that he wasn't smart and that's why he hired smart people
    Trump thinks he is the smartest guy in the room and when people pointed the opposite he fired them

Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    Bush JR was smart enough to understand that he wasn't smart and that's why he hired smart people
    And he had a bunch of his father's friends to help do exactly this. Biden has basically the same benefit -- a massive cache of strong talent he's worked with before to call on. Trump...did not, and he fired all his competent staff and replaced them with yes-men.

There's more we could discuss about W, but probably not in this thread so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeth Hawkins View Post
    37 executive orders in 50 days. He will need to pick up the pace if he wants to break Roosevelt's record.
    Executive orders isn't a metric to measure real meaningful change.

Shit, I forgot we're back to executive orders being bad again.

Quote Originally Posted by some guy View Post
    Heh, there's already a great way to defend against that hypocrisy. Many (most?) of Biden's E.O.'s have been undoing Trump's. Therefore, Biden is removing things that are bad.

Heh, there's already a great way to defend against that hypocrisy. Many (most?) of Biden's E.O.'s have been undoing Trump's. Therefore, Biden is removing things that are bad.
    1 - 1 = 0!

Trump and Biden have done no executive orders! Everything is sunshine and rainbows now.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    Trump and Biden have done no executive orders!
    I mean...that seems to be the goal, doesn't it?

As a reminder, Trump ran on undoing Obama's "unConstitutional" Executive Orders, see also "flick of the pen". He should not in any way be surprised or even dismayed the same was done to him. Well, unless he's a raging hypocrite, of course.

As a reminder, Trump ran on undoing Obama's "unConstitutional" Executive Orders, see also "flick of the pen". He should not in any way be surprised or even dismayed the same was done to him. Well, unless he's a raging hypocrite, of course.
    For people into the wonky stuff. Not all EOs are symmetrical.
    EOs written by professionals that understand constitutional law tend to be more durable than those written by twitter trolls in crayon.

Which again highlights the value of hiring good people, discussed above.

Quote Originally Posted by Milchshake View Post
    EOs written by professionals that understand constitutional law tend to be more durable than those written by twitter trolls in crayon.
    When all is said and done, I wonder whether more of Obama's "unConstitutional" (eyeroll) E.O.'s will have survived, or Trump's.

And most of Trump's didn't survive judicial review. Biden might be done rolling up Trump's Residency by next week!

“There is a cult of ignorance in the United States…. [It is] nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that ‘my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.’”

-Isaac Asimov

Biden's cabinet nominations continue to be voted through.

Confirmed Cabinet members
    • Avril Haines, confirmed as director of national intelligence on Jan. 21.
    • Retired Gen. Lloyd Austin, confirmed as defense secretary on Jan. 22.
    • Janet Yellen, confirmed as treasury secretary on Jan. 25.
    • Antony Blinken, confirmed as secretary of state on Jan. 26.
    • Pete Buttigieg, confirmed as transportation secretary on Feb. 2.
    • Alejandro Mayorkas, confirmed as secretary of homeland security on Feb. 2.
    • Denis McDonough, confirmed as veterans affairs secretary on Feb. 8.
    • Tom Vilsack, confirmed as agriculture secretary on Feb. 23.
    • Linda Thomas-Greenfield, confirmed as UN ambassador on Feb. 23.
    • Jennifer Granholm, confirmed as energy secretary on Feb. 25.
    • Miguel Cardona, confirmed as education secretary on March 1.
    • Gina Raimondo, confirmed as commerce secretary on March 2.
    • Cecilia Rouse, confirmed to lead Council of Economic Advisers on March 3.
    • Merrick Garland, confirmed as attorney general on March 10.
    • Marcia Fudge, confirmed as secretary for housing and urban development on March 10.
    • Michael Regan, confirmed as administrator of the Environmental Protection Agency on March 10.

Nominees pending confirmation vote
    • Marty Walsh, nominee for labor secretary.
    • Isabel Guzman, nominee for small business administrator.
    • Xavier Becerra, nominee for health and human services secretary.
    • Deb Haaland, nominee for interior secretary.
    • William Burns, nominee for CIA director.
    • Katherine Tai, nominee for U.S. trade representative.
    Near as I can tell, Haaland might be the biggest issue left, because drilling on public land remains a divisive issue.

But man, this is a nice change of pace. As a reminder, Trump stuffed his Cabinet with acting members at a historic rate. Biden, by contrast, appears to be following the traditional legal process.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    Senator John Cornyn, Texas.
    Wait, is that a Republican who endured four years of Trump, complaining that someone who isn't Trump might go after political opponents on Twitter or with the force of office? Trump, who fired Comey and promised to prosecute Clinton?

Again, it's increasingly easy to spot hypocrisy. Republicans don't have a monopoly, but they're sure advertising like they do.

Quote Originally Posted by some guy View Post
    Getting excited over the number of EOs withou considering the impact is silly.

https://www.axios.com/biden-funding-...3c3fd94a7.html

President Biden is directing $2.5 billion in funding to address the nation’s worsening mental illness and addiction crisis, an official from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services tells Axios.
    You may have forgotten that there's still an addiction crisis that's ongoing after Kelleyanne left her position "leading" that effort.

Biden thankfully, hasn't forgotten. I'm down for more funding to address mental health and addiction issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Selvari7 View Post
    Getting excited over the number of EOs withou considering the impact is silly.
    Especially considering Trump objectively signed more of them than Obama in his first three years and Trump supporters cheered it on. He had a Republican House and Senate for two of those!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Biden thankfully, hasn't forgotten.
    I've said it before, I'll keep saying it: Trump's promise to deal with the opioid crisis was the single campaign issue I actually cheered him on for. And because of his brother, I actually assumed he'd do something. Yeah, dumb fucking me.

Addiction is a serious issue and the US's history with prescription drugs hasn't been stellar. I'm glad to see literally anything get done on this topic -- regardless of blue or red ink on the paper.