1. #6541
    Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post



    Why are you lying? 6 of 10 are in 1 city. The other 4 that are listed are 120+ miles away.
    Now, click to the next pages...

    There's more than 10 locations, that's just the first set.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    So I am supposed to drive almost 2 hours away to the nearest CostCo every time I need grocerys?
    If that's what you choose to do, sure.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    The CDC says 1 in 6 American adults has been vaccinated.

    Based on a tiered rollout and of course anti-maskers, I'm going to hypothesize 1 in 5 Democrats and 1 in 8 Republicans.
    This is good news, and I hope the trend continues.

  2. #6542
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    You can shop online, start your own store, or take your business elsewhere. Shit, protest outside their stores...
    Shop online?

    Amazon... Whole Food, owned by Amazon. How many delivers food?

    Clothes, I need to order in person to check the feel of the stuff and because my body makes it hard to find stuff that actually fits even when the size says it does. Not all 13 wide shoes are the same.

    Start my own store? You paying me to start it? And if I were healthy enough to do that I wouldn’t be collecting from the VA for a spinal injury and nerve damage.

    Take your business elsewhere? Where when they all pay about the same because they have no legal requirements to do so and the consumer doesn’t have a choice of a viable option that isn’t one of them.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

  3. #6543
    Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    Shop online?

    Amazon... Whole Food, owned by Amazon. How many delivers food?

    Clothes, I need to order in person to check the feel of the stuff and because my body makes it hard to find stuff that actually fits even when the size says it does. Not all 13 wide shoes are the same.

    Start my own store? You paying me to start it? And if I were healthy enough to do that I wouldn’t be collecting from the VA for a spinal injury and nerve damage.

    Take your business elsewhere? Where when they all pay about the same because they have no legal requirements to do so and the consumer doesn’t have a choice of a viable option that isn’t one of them.
    Zappos allows for free returns, no problem there. I've worn a 14 since I was a kid, and ordering online has been far better than praying that a store has any shoes my size.

    Amazon ships food, as do other stores... no problem there.

    "Cannot be bothered" is not the same as "cannot."

    None of these are valid arguments for jacking up the minimum wage to a point that is far above any point in our history.

  4. #6544
    Guys we know that @Machismo is not posting in good faith at this point.

    He will sealion and gishgallop his way through it all.

    His feelings and his ideology are more important to him than the facts or reality and will use all circular thinking possible to keep logic and reality out. Either that or he is trolling.

    But either way, getting anything productive from him on this line of thinking is like getting blood from a rock.

    He is nothing but exaggerations and pretending non answers are actually viable answers.

    Let’s stop derailing the thread trying to explain something to someone going out of their way to make sure they don’t get it.

    Edit: So many mistakes on a cellphone and auto correct loves to correct to something else...
    Last edited by Fugus; 2021-03-20 at 09:18 PM.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

  5. #6545
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Okay, so... you don't get it? No point in wasting my time if you think human trafficking is acceptable because people might enter into it voluntarily and there's a demand for it.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...6#post45079346

    The nostalgia of having Machismo tell me slavery is okay if it's inside a contract and is a reasonable consequence from making poor decisions in life.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

    Prediction for the future

  6. #6546
    Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    Guys we know that @Machismo is not posting in good faith at this point.

    He will sealion and gishgallop his way through it all.

    His feelings and his ideology are more important to him than the facts or reality and will use the circular thinking possible to keep logic any reality out. Either that or he is trolling.

    But either way, getting anything productive from him on this line of thinking is like getting blood from a rock.

    He is nothing but exaggerations and pretending non answers are actually viable answers.

    Let’s stop derailing the thread trying to explain something to someone going out of their way to make sure they don’t get it.
    Bullshit.

    https://www.cnn.com/interactive/2019...ear/index.html

    The minimum wage has never been close to $15 an hour based on inflation. It was a number that people pulled out of their asses, and ran with.

    That's the reality.

    There's a good reason why the $15 minimum wage is DOA.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...6#post45079346

    The nostalgia of having Machismo tell me slavery is okay if it's inside a contract and is a reasonable consequence from making poor decisions in life.
    You really should stop lying, and read the comment.

    Saying people are responsible for the choices they make =/= to supporting slavery.

    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Well, yes. If he took out student loans, and never bothered to get a decent job, it's on him. If he picked a crappy major, it's on him.

    Maybe next time.
    Last edited by Machismo; 2021-03-20 at 09:21 PM.

  7. #6547
    The Insane Masark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    17,523
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Then why do you support capitalism?
    Because it serves as a gateway to his true ideology, anarcho-feudalism.

    Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

  8. #6548
    Merely a Setback JohnBrown1917's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Posts
    27,190
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post

    So, use your power as a consumer, and stand up... and refuse to shop at all those places.
    Turns out people need to shop to stay alive.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    Because it serves as a gateway to his true ideology, anarcho-feudalism.
    Liberty hangout sure is popular.
    Quote Originally Posted by Milchshake View Post
    it’s mostly a syndicalist fantasy that “the workers” are going to rise up, which is disconnected from the fact that “the workers” are your racist uncle and jerk co-workers who you don’t like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    The election has passed and 58 million working class Americans stood up and proved that they are in fact your racist uncle and jerk co-workers.
    They really can't help but show disdain for the working class.

  9. #6549
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnBrown1917 View Post
    Turns out people need to shop to stay alive.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Liberty hangout sure is popular.
    And businesses need to sell shit to stay alive.

  10. #6550
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    Someone @ me when there's some actual Biden/Harris news being discussed here instead of the same circular arguments surrounding a guy whose argument has been thoroughly debunked for 10 pages. Pleasethx.
    Pages and pages of bullshit resulting from Machismo bullshit? Must be that time of the week. At least it makes it easier to skip pages, tbh.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    The CDC says 1 in 6 American adults has been vaccinated.

    Based on a tiered rollout and of course anti-maskers, I'm going to hypothesize 1 in 5 Democrats and 1 in 8 Republicans.
    I guess Biden's timeline is looking much better than originally planned then.

  11. #6551
    Merely a Setback JohnBrown1917's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Posts
    27,190
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    And businesses need to sell shit to stay alive.
    They can do that without paying poverty wages. Still does not change that people have no choice in you know buying food
    Quote Originally Posted by Milchshake View Post
    it’s mostly a syndicalist fantasy that “the workers” are going to rise up, which is disconnected from the fact that “the workers” are your racist uncle and jerk co-workers who you don’t like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    The election has passed and 58 million working class Americans stood up and proved that they are in fact your racist uncle and jerk co-workers.
    They really can't help but show disdain for the working class.

  12. #6552
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnBrown1917 View Post
    They can do that without paying poverty wages. Still does not change that people have no choice in you know buying food
    They have a choice where they do so.

    Now, this is horribly off-topic, because this is about the $15 minimum wage. I'm glad it failed.

  13. #6553
    Merely a Setback JohnBrown1917's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Posts
    27,190
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    They have a choice where they do so.
    Not really if all shops within biking/walking distance have the same wages. Your failure to grasp reality is alway amusing.


    Now, this is horribly off-topic, because this is about the $15 minimum wage. I'm glad it failed.
    Because you hate poor people, I know. A few rich people making billions more and the 2 richest Americans having more wealth than the poorest 40% is clearly more important.
    Last edited by JohnBrown1917; 2021-03-21 at 12:57 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Milchshake View Post
    it’s mostly a syndicalist fantasy that “the workers” are going to rise up, which is disconnected from the fact that “the workers” are your racist uncle and jerk co-workers who you don’t like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    The election has passed and 58 million working class Americans stood up and proved that they are in fact your racist uncle and jerk co-workers.
    They really can't help but show disdain for the working class.

  14. #6554
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnBrown1917 View Post
    Not really if all shops within biking/walking distance have the same wages. Your failure to grasp reality is alway amusing.



    Because you hate poor people, I know. A few rich people making billions more and the 2 richest Americans having more wealth than the poorest 40% is clearly more important.
    No, I don't hate poor people, I simply also don't hate middle-class people or wealthy people.

    In the end, a $15 minimum wage is far more than it has ever been, and would put it as the highest on the planet. It would greatly harm many areas of the country.

    You do realize that the most likely to be adversely impacted would be the middle class and those making just above minimum wage... right?

  15. #6555
    New study has found the happiest country in the world

    Finland was named the happiest nation for the fourth year in a row.
    The World Happiness Report 2021 ranked 149 countries based on the relationship between well-being and COVID-19.
    Finland took the No. 1 spot followed by Denmark and Switzerland.
    The United States claimed the 19th spot, down one from 18th in 2020.

    Meanwhile, the United Kingdom moved up from the 18th position to 17th, while Australia moved from 12th place 11th. Afghanistan ranked at the bottom of the list, with Zimbabwe coming in at number 148 and Rwanda at 147.

  16. #6556
    The Insane Masark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    17,523
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    In the end, a $0.25 minimum wage is far more than it has ever been, and would put it as the highest on the planet. It would greatly harm many areas of the country.
    Machismo writing to a newspaper in 1938.

    Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

  17. #6557
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    In the end, a $15 minimum wage is far more than it has ever been, and would put it as the highest on the planet.
    Geneva says hi

  18. #6558
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    No, I don't hate poor people, I simply also don't hate middle-class people or wealthy people.

    In the end, a $15 minimum wage is far more than it has ever been, and would put it as the highest on the planet. It would greatly harm many areas of the country.

    You do realize that the most likely to be adversely impacted would be the middle class and those making just above minimum wage... right?
    You see, the problem is, the minimum wage was designed as a "living wage" when it was implemented. If it were pegged to inflation, it would be over $21 right now. And that was from a 2012 article, some eve say it should be over $24 an hour.

  19. #6559
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    Machismo writing to a newspaper in 1938.
    Or... you know, actual research on the matter.

    https://www.cnn.com/interactive/2019...ear/index.html

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Attackrabbit View Post
    Geneva says hi
    I should have stated... a national minimum wage, which would make this the highest.

    https://worldpopulationreview.com/co...age-by-country

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    You see, the problem is, the minimum wage was designed as a "living wage" when it was implemented. If it were pegged to inflation, it would be over $21 right now. And that was from a 2012 article, some eve say it should be over $24 an hour.
    It has never been that high, which is the problem.

    The "living wage" varies greatly by locality, which makes a national increase all the more unreasonable.

  20. #6560
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    It has never been that high, which is the problem.

    The "living wage" varies greatly by locality, which makes a national increase all the more unreasonable.
    I am just stating the original federal minimum wage, that was made by FDR in 1938, if it were pegged to inflation, and other standards of living increases, it should be over $21-$24.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •