1. #6661
    Over 9000! Milchshake's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Shitposter Burn Out
    Posts
    9,912
    The GOP of the 1880's split the Dakotas to game the number of senate seats. Then rushed through low population territories like Idaho etc, to also game the number of senate seats.

    We should return those states to the Lakota and other native people. Since we're playing this revanchist game that conservatives like to play. IBT bigotted remarks that rurals still make about their native neighbors.

    Im cool with them keeping their senators. Or forming a Nunavut type autonomous zone.

    For the history minded people! This will sound familiar.
    In 1889 and 1890, Congress added North Dakota, South Dakota, Montana, Washington, Idaho, and Wyoming—the largest admission of states since the original 13. This addition of 12 new senators and 18 new electors to the Electoral College was a deliberate strategy of late-19th-century Republicans to stay in power after their swing toward Big Business cost them a popular majority.
    Last edited by Milchshake; 2021-04-16 at 02:17 PM.

  2. #6662
    The Undying Breccia's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NY, USA
    Posts
    39,770
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    "There is none, because nothing is happening if we're not building anything."
    First of all, this can be handwaved with "there is a zero point negative zero percent chance that building the Wall is somehow better for the environment than just cleaning up and going home."

    But second of all, the correct response is "Okay, fine, we'll take a survey OH LOOK it's the better option." I mean, what's AZ going to do? Force them to stop stop building?

  3. #6663
    Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    withdrawing from afghanistan is a bad choice
    i opposed it when trump was pres and oppose it now, but even though those are objectively bad decisions they are popular ones, i feel sorry for all of the woman and girls in afghanistan who are now going to be subjected to taliban rule. Its sad when you make a humanitarian plea to defend people being opressed your called a " war monger" There was a time when republicans would be making these points now you have tucker carlson defending the taliban
    he just said regulars are coming out, contractors and special forces will still be knocking about there.

    The 9/11 date is so America centric (i get they want a bookend domestically but...), really a bad call. if you are a jihadi 9/11 is now the date that you beat America twice.

  4. #6664
    Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    ID
    Posts
    2,557
    Quote Originally Posted by Milchshake View Post
    The GOP of the 1880's split the Dakotas to game the number of senate seats. Then rushed through low population territories like Idaho etc, to also game the number of senate seats.

    We should return those states to the Lakota and other native people. Since we're playing this revanchist game that conservatives like to play. IBT bigotted remarks that rurals still make about their native neighbors.

    Im cool with them keeping their senators. Or forming a Nunavut type autonomous zone.

    For the history minded people! This will sound familiar.
    In 1889 and 1890, Congress added North Dakota, South Dakota, Montana, Washington, Idaho, and Wyoming—the largest admission of states since the original 13. This addition of 12 new senators and 18 new electors to the Electoral College was a deliberate strategy of late-19th-century Republicans to stay in power after their swing toward Big Business cost them a popular majority.
    Alaska and Hawaii were also only added for the purpose of increasing Republican senators. Thankfully at least Hawaii backfired on them. I don't see how Conservatives can make arguments about the Senate working as intended when they've ratfucked it for 100 years.

  5. #6665
    Over 9000! Milchshake's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Shitposter Burn Out
    Posts
    9,912
    Quote Originally Posted by Nurasu View Post
    Alaska and Hawaii were also only added for the purpose of increasing Republican senators. Thankfully at least Hawaii backfired on them. I don't see how Conservatives can make arguments about the Senate working as intended when they've ratfucked it for 100 years.
    I kinda blame my high history teacher for doing such a bad at describing the Whigs.
    Just kidding, even back then Conservatives/Whigs were constantly trying to rebrand, lie, or be hypocritical about their politics.

    It was just an accident that the Abolitionists joined up with them.

    It was no accident the Abolitionists were quickly pushed out.
    Last edited by Milchshake; 2021-04-16 at 04:37 PM.

  6. #6666
    Quote Originally Posted by Nurasu View Post
    Alaska and Hawaii were also only added for the purpose of increasing Republican senators. Thankfully at least Hawaii backfired on them. I don't see how Conservatives can make arguments about the Senate working as intended when they've ratfucked it for 100 years.
    The Republicans of then are not like the Republicans of now. Remember when the GOP actually had a progressive wing?

    The Democrats of then are not like the Democrats of now. Remember when the Dixiecrats held power in many states and would often squelch progressive federal regulations?

  7. #6667
    Oh yay, Biden is going to keep reguee limits at record low but he's gonna lift some restrictions... funny how one of the largest (landmass) richest (in actuality) countries is like "we can't take too many immigrants from the region we fucked"



    15,000 people... what a joke.

    Nevermind:



    As a candidate, President Joe Biden promised to set a target to welcome 125,000 refugees during his first year in office, a welcome change after four years of unprecedented cuts to refugee resettlement in the United States.
    Now's not the time apparently...

    what is it with democrats not rolling things back that Trump did but instead providing half measures or quarter?

    Signing a presidential determination typically takes place almost immediately after such policy announcements. The delay has so far lasted eight weeks.

    Because of it, Biden is on track to accept the fewest refugees this year of any modern president, including Trump, according to a report released Friday from the International Rescue Committee, a nonprofit humanitarian aid group.

    The Biden administration has admitted only 2,050 refugees at the halfway point of this fiscal year, despite Biden’s promises to reverse Trump-era immigration policies, dramatically raise the cap on refugee settlements and respond to what his officials have called “unforeseen and urgent situations,” the IRC report noted.

    The group estimated that, at the current pace and without the reversal of Trump-era policies, the Biden administration will admit only about 4,510 refugees into the United States this fiscal year, less than half of the figure admitted in Trump’s final year.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...ece_story.html

    Funny that...

    This was a few days ago, and now we know today that Biden's going to keep the same terribly low shit numbers Trump introduced by executive order...

    Oh and what do "sources say" according to CNN?

    https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/15/polit...ees/index.html

    President Joe Biden has resisted signing off on raising the Trump-era refugee cap because of political optics, sources have told CNN.

    The President's hesitation comes as the administration faces heat from Republicans and Democrats for its handling of an influx of migrants at the US-Mexico border. But the situation at the US southern border is separate from the refugee program, which dates back decades and has a thorough vetting process in place for refugees overseas to resettle in the US.
    Ahh yes optics... just let the people die instead because optics.... where's that "I care" empathy?

    On Domestic policy Biden is definitely not Trump at all... on foreign policy... all presidents merge into a monolith of shit.
    Last edited by Themius; 2021-04-16 at 05:01 PM.

  8. #6668
    Quote Originally Posted by Nurasu View Post
    Alaska and Hawaii were also only added for the purpose of increasing Republican senators. Thankfully at least Hawaii backfired on them. I don't see how Conservatives can make arguments about the Senate working as intended when they've ratfucked it for 100 years.
    To be fair, in the late 19th century the Republicans were the progressive party.

  9. #6669
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Oh yay, Biden is going to keep reguee limits at record low but he's gonna lift some restrictions... funny how one of the largest (landmass) richest (in actuality) countries is like "we can't take too many immigrants from the region we fucked"
    shutting out fugees, he is FDR afterall!

    but seriously this is deadbrain stuff, i genuinely thought he would put it to 100k and save 100k peoples fucking lives. Thats objectively a good thing to do. Esp with the amount of afgans about to get moving.

  10. #6670
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    shutting out fugees, he is FDR afterall!

    but seriously this is deadbrain stuff, i genuinely thought he would put it to 100k and save 100k peoples fucking lives. Thats objectively a good thing to do. Esp with the amount of afgans about to get moving.
    But the optics!!! Gotta care about what the republicans say and the conservative dems!!

    The optics > The people

  11. #6671
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    But the optics!!! Gotta care about what the republicans say and the conservative dems!!

    The optics > The people
    No one said the Democrats were any good, just that they were infinitely better than the Republicans.

    Remember we have two right leaning parties with no viable center or left leaning parties, money in politics and the average politician so old their mental faculties are called into question and should be out of the work force entirely are making decisions when the world they remember and grew up in hasn’t existed even remotely since before we were even born.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

  12. #6672
    Over 9000! Milchshake's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Shitposter Burn Out
    Posts
    9,912
    Again, Bernie Bros show they're really bad at math. But good at cherry picking.

    • Conflating refugees and immigrants in breathless hot takes.
    • Conflating a year with a fiscal year. Hey dumdums, when did the fiscal year start?
    • Biden is tracking below fiscal year projection because he's been in charge for less than half of the fiscal year.



    Who created these political considerations in the first place, i wonder
    Scoop: Biden has resisted signing off on raising the Trump-era refugee cap because of political optics, sources have told CNN. One Democratic aide described what is unfolding as "vintage Biden."




    Edgey cosplaying socialists. Beating the establishment ... by not challenging hot takes from the beltway establishment.

    This is why BErnie lost.

  13. #6673
    Quote Originally Posted by Milchshake View Post
    Again, Bernie Bros show they're really bad at math. But good at cherry picking.

    • Conflating refugees and immigrants in breathless hot takes.
    • Conflating a year with a fiscal year. Hey dumdums, when did the fiscal year start?
    • Biden is tracking below fiscal year projection because he's been in charge for less than half of the fiscal year.



    Who created these political considerations in the first place, i wonder
    Scoop: Biden has resisted signing off on raising the Trump-era refugee cap because of political optics, sources have told CNN. One Democratic aide described what is unfolding as "vintage Biden."




    Edgey cosplaying socialists. Beating the establishment ... by not challenging hot takes from the beltway establishment.

    This is why BErnie lost.
    Dude, you sound like a Beta Male for Hillary who can’t understand that something is better than nothing and even if it is better than we got doesn’t mean it is good or even enough.....
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

  14. #6674
    Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    No one said the Democrats were any good, just that they were infinitely better than the Republicans.

    Remember we have two right leaning parties with no viable center or left leaning parties, money in politics and the average politician so old their mental faculties are called into question and should be out of the work force entirely are making decisions when the world they remember and grew up in hasn’t existed even remotely since before we were even born.
    Democrats and Republicans are virtually the same on foreign policy. On domestic policy... that is where Democrats are vastly better than Republicans.

  15. #6675
    Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    Dude, you sound like a Beta Male for Hillary who can’t understand that something is better than nothing and even if it is better than we got doesn’t mean it is good or even enough.....
    Did you really just unironically use the phrase "Beta Male"? Or am I missing some nuance here?

  16. #6676
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Democrats and Republicans are virtually the same on foreign policy. On domestic policy... that is where Democrats are vastly better than Republicans.
    Agreed

    /10char

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    Did you really just unironically use the phrase "Beta Male"? Or am I missing some nuance here?
    Just what I call people who try and blame Sanders for Clinton’s loss and/or who pretend she was owed the spot or stuff like that.

    Beta Males are the perfect description of people pretend she was owed the spot or Sanders was the main reason she lost or anything to avoid putting the blame on her.

    During that election, I was basically saying that

    -wannabe alpha males voted Trump,
    -beta males voted Clinton
    -educated males went for Sanders.

    Kinda plays off that.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

  17. #6677
    Quote Originally Posted by Milchshake View Post
    Again, Bernie Bros show they're really bad at math. But good at cherry picking.

    • Conflating refugees and immigrants in breathless hot takes.
    • Conflating a year with a fiscal year. Hey dumdums, when did the fiscal year start?
    • Biden is tracking below fiscal year projection because he's been in charge for less than half of the fiscal year.



    Who created these political considerations in the first place, i wonder
    Scoop: Biden has resisted signing off on raising the Trump-era refugee cap because of political optics, sources have told CNN. One Democratic aide described what is unfolding as "vintage Biden."




    Edgey cosplaying socialists. Beating the establishment ... by not challenging hot takes from the beltway establishment.

    This is why BErnie lost.
    wait you are against raising the cap to 125k or just biden bootlicking here?

    hes gone back on his pledge no matter how u dress it up
    Last edited by jonnysensible; 2021-04-16 at 06:41 PM.

  18. #6678
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    wait you are against raising the cap to 125k or just biden bootlicking here?

    hes gone back on his pledge no matter how u dress it up
    Milch is so... confusing 80% of the time. Raging about "fake leftists" subscribing to the idea that Biden is some progressive God while chastising people for critiques of Biden.

  19. #6679
    biden u-turn incoming. At least he can make amends when hes told how fucking god awful his political instincts are.

  20. #6680
    Void Lord Felya's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    the other
    Posts
    58,334
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    biden u-turn incoming. At least he can make amends when hes told how fucking god awful his political instincts are.
    He will u turn as soon as he realizes the great replacement bullshit conservatives have recently taken main stream, is completely meaningless to what he does. That rhetoric will happen if he has open borders or if he lowers immigration levels from Trump. As soon as Democrats get that Trump supporters are beyond compromise or appeal... this shit will stop... but, at this point I don’t know if they are falling for the grift or are just using it as part of their own.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •