Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Nope, anti-M4A - https://www.heritage.org/health-care...king-americans

And bog-standard Republican talking points on immigration - https://www.heritage.org/immigration...rm-should-look

This is one of the two "think tanks" (along with the Federalist Society) that trains activist conservative judges and provides lists to Republicans.
    Huh, not sure which one I am thinking off then. Edit: apparently it is the Mercatus Center that "embarrassingly" found universal healthcare would save 2 billion over a ten year period.

And yeah, the whole grooming and recognizing activist conservative judges, and then pushes for them, is real freaking concerning on several levels.
    Last edited by Howel; 2021-04-20 at 06:39 PM.
    Formerly Howeller, lost my account.

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/us-...ys-2021-04-20/

Oh boy, a Republican counter-proposal on infrastructure is on the way. Apparently it will be a "conceptual" idea rather than like, an actual plan.

I thought they had this after four years of delaying "infrastructure" week.

Once again, the Republican party proves that it is not a functional party with a coherent ideology capable of leadership, but a reactionary force that stands simply to oppose Democrats and has no original ideas of their own.

I hope their "conceptual plan" is goddamn steam focused.

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/us-...ys-2021-04-20/

Oh boy, a Republican counter-proposal on infrastructure is on the way. Apparently it will be a "conceptual" idea rather than like, an actual plan.

I thought they had this after four years of delaying "infrastructure" week.

Once again, the Republican party proves that it is not a functional party with a coherent ideology capable of leadership, but a reactionary force that stands simply to oppose Democrats and has no original ideas of their own.
    The gop has no plans. It is all just feelings they have no intention on doing any kind of governing that is what their judicial picks are for.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna1264672

Eyyyyyyy, Puerto Rico can get the billions in aide that's been held up for years!

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna1264672

Eyyyyyyy, Puerto Rico can get the billions in aide that's been held up for years!
    Just another thing he should have been impeached for. He had no right to stop the aid, since the purse strings are ran by congress, not him.

Why hasn't Biden launched an investigation into the Trump administration?

Quote Originally Posted by CastletonSnob View Post
    For what, specifically? If anything does happen, it needs to come from the DOJ without any involvement from anyone outside the department, and even that would be met with Republicans literally losing their god-damned minds and conservative media whipping people into a frenzy.

There are already plenty of investigations on the state level going on, let those play out. Biden needs to stay focused on moving forward and making a strong case for expanding Democratic control in Congress and either re-election for him or election for another Democrat to the White House.

it needs to come from the DOJ
    Didn't Biden actually say this would be the case several months ago?

Quote Originally Posted by CastletonSnob View Post
    He hasn't needed to. Individual departments are already running those on their own. Biden doesn't need to micromanage.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    He hasn't needed to. Individual departments are already running those on their own. Biden doesn't need to micromanage.
    And him coming out publicly calling for an investigation would be bad for the country. At best he can just comment on anything that comes public - "let's just wait and see what the facts tell us" or whatever.

- - - Updated - - -

Murkowski breaks GOP ranks to confirm #3 at the DOJ.

Will be interesting to see how the GOP reacts.

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2021...statehood.html

Seriously, Democrats need a big, hard, throbbing public push for DC statehood to make these frankly pathetic arguments part of the national discussion. These are pathetic arguments to deny people representation, and were we to apply them to most other states many would fail these arbitrary measures that Republicans have set up for DC statehood.

People getting representation in the federal government in return for the taxes they pay to the federal government should be like, automatic.

Biden is declaring the Armenian genocide, a genocide...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

https://www.8newsnow.com/i-team/i-te...espread-fraud/

THEY FOUND MORE VOTER FRAUD! Nevada just wrapped up their exhaustive investigation into claims of fraud and...

That's the total number of confirmed fraudulent votes they identified after investigating claims. 10 were dead people, 10 were double voters.

As a reminder, there were roughly 1,373,400 ballots cast in Nevada in the 2020 election. I think, and my math is probably wrong, that puts the rate of voter fraud at roughly .0000014% ?

Also known as, "Not statisitically significant, and not enough to make up the 33,600 votes Biden won the state over Trump by."

THEY FOUND MORE VOTER FRAUD! Nevada just wrapped up their exhaustive investigation into claims of fraud and...

That's the total number of confirmed fraudulent votes they identified after investigating claims. 10 were dead people, 10 were double voters.

As a reminder, there were roughly 1,373,400 ballots cast in Nevada in the 2020 election. I think, and my math is probably wrong, that puts the rate of voter fraud at roughly .0000014% ?

Also known as, "Not statisitically significant, and not enough to make up the 33,600 votes Biden won the state over Trump by."
    How many of those double voters, are going to be Trump voters? Because in 2016, almost all of the fraudulent votes they found, were Trump voters. Because they actually believed Trump saying they could vote twice.

For the record, it's actually .00145% (decimal went the wrong way).

Yes, that is a very low number, and shows that the real election fraud isn't at the ballot, but the entirety of the process.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Multiculturalism hurts and kills. This happened before Trump and it would be happening without him. Racism arises from a multicultural society. If we were monocultural, people would not see issues through the lens of race.
    This is a poster saying that people are at fault for being the victims of terrorism, because they are not white.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    I hate personal freedom because people abuse it like a shiny new toy.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Biden is declaring the Armenian genocide, a genocide...
    Mr. Biden is expected to describe as genocide the deportation, starvation and massacres of Armenians at the hands of the Ottoman Turks beginning in 1915, the officials said.

The language would come as part of an annual statement coinciding with a day of remembrance on Saturday. Officials added no final decisions or briefings have taken place and that Mr. Biden could opt to issue the symbolic statement without describing the killings as genocide, as have other presidents.
    So he may or he may not but nothing concrete.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodonius View Post
    Black people in america should be happy their ancestors where slaves so they could have a good live.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodonius View Post
    Black women are racist. Im the one trying to make her[my wife] behave like white people and not say it out loud.
    Totally not racist

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    So he may or he may not but nothing concrete.
    By acknowledging history we aren’t condemning any but those who refuse to acknowledge what has passed. I hope he does the right thing.

Nevada just wrapped up their exhaustive investigation into claims of fraud
    Do we have a party breakdown? Because based purely on past history, and how hotly Nevada was contested, I'm guessing 7/13 or more.

EDIT: Oh, and "dead people voting" I'm going to guess some of those were jsut flat-out accidents.

I am Murloc!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    By acknowledging history we aren’t condemning any but those who refuse to acknowledge what has passed. I hope he does the right thing.
    I think that if you acknowledge history you are not even condemning those that deny it.. they condemn themselves in their response