1. #7921
    Void Lord Felya's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    the other
    Posts
    58,334
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    Joe Macnhin is a domestic terrorist. Absolute moron.
    I kinda think grounding the rhetoric serves a better purpose. He isn’t a moron, but an opportunist. He serves the foolish need of Democrats, to appeal to center by having opposing point of views. There are videos of Biden in the 80s, presenting him self in a similar way to Munchin... ‘when they say Democrats are coming for your guns, point to me’... which is a problem.

    Liz Cheney was the last remnant of those 80s republicans, while being ousted as a neocon. If a neocon is the last remnant of that 80s environment, that entire concept has been dead for decades. Munchin is a +1 on the charts telling you republicans are in shambles, but he isn’t really a +1. While beyond that... the 80s version of appealing to the other side is long dead. There is nothing else to Munchin, but a D on a political map... a celebration of winning congress, that ends in perception of incompetence.

    Edit: but...... remember that if he was a republican, there would have been no relief bill. There would not have been enough votes for reconciliation.
    Last edited by Felya; 2021-05-13 at 12:57 PM.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

  2. #7922
    Banned JohnBrown1917's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Posts
    28,394
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    This person supports ethnic cleansing and celebrates innocent palestinian deaths.
    He is a far right isreali, they all do.

  3. #7923
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    I kinda think grounding the rhetoric serves a better purpose. He isn’t a moron, but an opportunist. He serves the foolish need of Democrats, to appeal to center by having opposing point of views. There are videos of Biden in the 80s, presenting him self in a similar way to Munchin... ‘when they say Democrats are coming for your guns, point to me’... which is a problem.

    Liz Cheney was the last remnant of those 80s republicans, while being ousted as a neocon. If a neocon is the last remnant of that 80s environment, that entire concept has been dead for decades. Munchin is a +1 on the charts telling you republicans are in shambles, but he isn’t really a +1. While beyond that... the 80s version of appealing to the other side is long dead. There is nothing else to Munchin, but a D on a political map... a celebration of winning congress, that ends in perception of incompetence.

    Edit: but...... remember that if he was a republican, there would have been no relief bill. There would not have been enough votes for reconciliation.
    So to clarify, I find him a moron because he's doing nothing but making it harder for Democrats to keep the Senate and House.

    Minimum wage? Nope. Voting rights? Nope. This kinda stuff disenfranchises voters. They lose faith. That's a bad thing.

  4. #7924
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    So to clarify, I find him a moron because he's doing nothing but making it harder for Democrats to keep the Senate and House.

    Minimum wage? Nope. Voting rights? Nope. This kinda stuff disenfranchises voters. They lose faith. That's a bad thing.
    I agree but he has been doing his schtick for years it is just now in a 50/50 senate he suddenly is very much a pivot point. Still regardless of how much he makes me want to roll my eyes he has mostly aside from a couple exceptions allowed biden to get the appointments he wants and staying a democrat lets schumer set the agenda/ do judicial nominations and filling other confirmation needed places. It drives me crazy and seems self defeating in the long run but the alternative of him flipping to GOP would be far far far worse. Sinema is the one that really makes me scratch my head. I have no idea what game she is playing as nothing she is doing seems likely to get her a second term. She is actively infuriating the left and is way to far left herself to ever be palatable in the GOP. I think she aimed for maverick and wound up at clueless.

  5. #7925
    The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    NorCal
    Posts
    24,166
    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu 2020 View Post
    It's almost as if you think people care more about who you support than the individual policy. Here's a hint: THAT'S YOU. You're projecting. People don't give a shit if you're supporting Biden and Pelosi, because for most of this thread, people in general support policy based on what it is, not who passed it. Your constant whinging that people blindly support everything Biden does is really only how you seem to perceive things, because that's not how most of the liberals on this forum function in the slightest.
    I've watched first hand, that is actually precisely how it works here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

  6. #7926
    Quote Originally Posted by kaid View Post
    I agree but he has been doing his schtick for years it is just now in a 50/50 senate he suddenly is very much a pivot point. Still regardless of how much he makes me want to roll my eyes he has mostly aside from a couple exceptions allowed biden to get the appointments he wants and staying a democrat lets schumer set the agenda/ do judicial nominations and filling other confirmation needed places. It drives me crazy and seems self defeating in the long run but the alternative of him flipping to GOP would be far far far worse. Sinema is the one that really makes me scratch my head. I have no idea what game she is playing as nothing she is doing seems likely to get her a second term. She is actively infuriating the left and is way to far left herself to ever be palatable in the GOP. I think she aimed for maverick and wound up at clueless.
    Sinema is a fucking dildo. She, like Machin, thinks she needs to play the moderate in order to get GOP brownie points (which then translates into Arizonian GOP votes). She forgets that the Arizona GOP has censured Cindy McCain for disputing the big lie. So, she needs to get a clue.

  7. #7927
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    Sinema is a fucking dildo. She, like Machin, thinks she needs to play the moderate in order to get GOP brownie points (which then translates into Arizonian GOP votes). She forgets that the Arizona GOP has censured Cindy McCain for disputing the big lie. So, she needs to get a clue.
    Yes manchin has at least some reason to believe his choices help him because he has managed to hold on in WV of all places for a long time even when it goes heavily GOP for other positions. Sinema though I don't get look at mark kelly he just got elected by a strong margin and is not doing this stupid dance.

  8. #7928
    Quote Originally Posted by kaid View Post
    Yes manchin has at least some reason to believe his choices help him because he has managed to hold on in WV of all places for a long time even when it goes heavily GOP for other positions. Sinema though I don't get look at mark kelly he just got elected by a strong margin and is not doing this stupid dance.
    She should stick to eating cake.

  9. #7929
    Void Lord Felya's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    the other
    Posts
    58,334
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I've watched first hand, that is actually precisely how it works here.
    No, this is you generalizing. You do know Tim Pool and Rubin Report have long been exposed as conservatives? They were never liberals... that’s the grift...

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    So to clarify, I find him a moron because he's doing nothing but making it harder for Democrats to keep the Senate and House.

    Minimum wage? Nope. Voting rights? Nope. This kinda stuff disenfranchises voters. They lose faith. That's a bad thing.
    Oh I understood, but yeah... that’s just it... The 80s stile... ‘you can point to me as the moderate’... doesn’t work... There is no middle between Trump saving America and everyone else is out to kill it. There is no middle ground to agree on...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

  10. #7930
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    They're blaming Biden for the increase in prices in everything. Because apparently lumber, oil, food, and even diapers are the fault of the American President and not a supply issue caused by a world wide pandemic.
    new one now is that Biden paid the $5 million dollar pipeline ransom.....
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

  11. #7931
    Titan Captain N's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    New Resident of Emerald City
    Posts
    11,061
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    new one now is that Biden paid the $5 million dollar pipeline ransom.....
    It truly amazes me how dangerously stupid some people in this country are.
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

    I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

  12. #7932
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    It truly amazes me how dangerously stupid some people in this country are.
    its why i have a NEGATIVE 65,031 score on dailymail reminding people how stupid they really are.

    Guess the 80k+ downvotes says they don't like being reminded
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

  13. #7933
    Immortal Poopymonster's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Neverland Ranch Survivor
    Posts
    7,256
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    People where I am were buying gas like crazy. I don’t think they realize that gas actually goes bad fairly quickly.

    So stupid.
    I'm tempted to fill a can half full of gas and half full of sugar water, and leave it out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok


    If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

  14. #7934
    Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post
    I'm tempted to fill a can half full of gas and half full of sugar water, and leave it out.
    that's what i did with my windshield fluid at work. i put some sparkles and other fun stuff in the bottle because someone was always stealing it from under my desk.

    made it very easy to see who was stealing it and it did not turn out well for their system.

    Needless to say they also don't work there anymore
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

  15. #7935
    https://twitter.com/tedcruz/status/1392565196250624001

    Yo, apparently Biden is responsible for shortages of dipping sauces at Chickfilet or whatever?

    I didn't know that presidents had this kind of power, truly Congress needs to act as a proper check on the Executive branch to make sure that the chicken nuggie sauce flows as freely as our American flag does in the wind.

  16. #7936
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Yo, apparently Biden is responsible for shortages of dipping sauces at Chickfilet or whatever? .
    That sonuvabitch...just plain evil.

  17. #7937
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    That sonuvabitch...just plain evil.
    Just like those chicken nuggies since he's the cause of the sauce shortage ;___;

  18. #7938
    Over 9000! Santti's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    9,141
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://twitter.com/tedcruz/status/1392565196250624001

    Yo, apparently Biden is responsible for shortages of dipping sauces at Chickfilet or whatever?

    I didn't know that presidents had this kind of power, truly Congress needs to act as a proper check on the Executive branch to make sure that the chicken nuggie sauce flows as freely as our American flag does in the wind.
    Of course they have that power. Just not Biden, but Trump. He probably caused quite the hamberder and diet coke shortage.

    But don't you worry none. Those taco trucks Republicans promised Biden would deliver on every corner are surely on their way to mitigate this disaster.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

  19. #7939
    Void Lord Felya's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    the other
    Posts
    58,334
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Yo, apparently Biden is responsible for shortages of dipping sauces at Chickfilet or whatever?
    It’s Szechuan sauce for boomers...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

  20. #7940
    Over 9000! Santti's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    9,141
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    It’s Szechuan sauce for boomers...
    Did that actually ever happen? It generated a lot of noise for sure, but did it actually ever come back, even temporarily?
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •