Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    Well I can't help you. I'm not trying to discredit Biden here. Fact remains There IS a second wheel.
    There isn't, not sure why you are pushing this so hard.

- - - Updated - - -

Why do people post hours after something is over asking for people to stop? Its been 6 hours since I admitted I was wrong about there being a wheel. And I never tried to claim Biden wasn't driving.
    Almost like they read things in order and you saying there's a magical steering wheel there came before you asking people to stop.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Why do people post hours after something is over asking for people to stop? Its been 6 hours since I admitted I was wrong about there being a wheel. And I never tried to claim Biden wasn't driving.
    Because Biden was eating a hotdog that had catsup...(fine...ketchup) on it. And that's just nasty.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    There isn't, not sure why you are pushing this so hard.

- - - Updated - - -

Almost like they read things in order and you saying there's a magical steering wheel there came before you asking people to stop.
    Almost like before you click on a thread it tells you when the last post was.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

10+ Year Old Account
    TBF, it is somewhat refreshing that the biggest scandal/argument for Biden is whether or not he was driving a car, and not like, the daily atrocities committed by the previous administration.

Almost like before you click on a thread it tells you when the last post was.
    Some like to read what they missed while they were away.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    TBF, it is somewhat refreshing that the biggest scandal/argument for Biden is whether or not he was driving a car, and not like, the daily atrocities committed by the previous administration.
    Refreshing to some people... but not Beltway insiders.

But here at the Politico Playbook, we're very concerned about the hidden meaning of Biden's Boring agenda.
    Also, kids on twitter are saying MVP HArris whack. We sent a team to investigate!

People forget, that some 60% percent of jobs in journalism were cut over the past 10 years. And no, newsrooms didnt hang onto their best investigators or writers.
    A journalist's value is now the number of their twitter followers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Biden is at FEMA receiving a hurricane briefing even as we speak.

I predict a 10% chance of Sharpies, tops.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    I predict a 10% chance of Sharpies, tops.
    That percentage will go in TX and FL. And even further up if Maralago gets wiped off the face of the Earth.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Biden just dropped any and all student debt cancellation down to a moderate and centrist incremental first step of exactly zero dollars and zero cents. That’s right, the Biden administration has decided to cancel $0 in student debt, the incremental road to a dollar may be slow but one day, one day in the future, it will be arrived at I am sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Quote Originally Posted by Milchshake View Post
    So, like pretty much every other vice president ever?

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    Biden just dropped any and all student debt cancellation down to a moderate and centrist incremental first step of exactly zero dollars and zero cents. That’s right, the Biden administration has decided to cancel $0 in student debt, the incremental road to a dollar may be slow but one day, one day in the future, it will be arrived at I am sure.
    I'm wondering if there is a solid legal reason behind it. Biden did have his legal team work with the Dept of Ed to see about Executive action. The results might have made it clear he can't unilaterally do it from the White House.

We previously discussed that doing so would have almost zero negative political backlash and really help his progressive base. It would make sense to do it, so if he isn't, there must be a good reason.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    I'm wondering if there is a solid legal reason behind it. Biden did have his legal team work with the Dept of Ed to see about Executive action. The results might have made it clear he can't unilaterally do it from the White House.
    IIRC it's for tax purposes. Congress would need to forgive those taxes from folks that have loans forgiven, otherwise they're gonna get hit with a nasty tax bill on any forgiveness.

But Biden not including it in his budget sure seems like it's either lower on the priority scale for him, or that he's pre-emptively compromising to get his first budget through as smoothly as possible.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    IIRC it's for tax purposes. Congress would need to forgive those taxes from folks that have loans forgiven, otherwise they're gonna get hit with a nasty tax bill on any forgiveness.

But Biden not including it in his budget sure seems like it's either lower on the priority scale for him, or that he's pre-emptively compromising to get his first budget through as smoothly as possible.
    There is a tax issue, but that wouldn't prevent him from doing it. I'm sure people would rather pay the taxes on the amount forgiven than the actual amount, since it would certainly be lower.

Quote Originally Posted by Milchshake View Post
    Refreshing to some people... but not Beltway insiders.

But here at the Politico Playbook, we're very concerned about the hidden meaning of Biden's Boring agenda.
    Also, kids on twitter are saying MVP HArris whack. We sent a team to investigate!

People forget, that some 60% percent of jobs in journalism were cut over the past 10 years. And no, newsrooms didnt hang onto their best investigators or writers.
    A journalist's value is now the number of their twitter followers.
    And they are coming into the hard realization of what it means to not having a rolling garbage fire yelling nonsense in the white house 24/7.

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/0...-hiring-490479

Unsurprisingly, Republicans are very against the idea of staffing up the IRS so they can actually go after big tax cheats so that the US can collect that missing tax revenue that they're supposed to be and stop focusing on easy tax cases with poor folks who can easily be audited.

Weird to see Republicans supporting tax cheats and not wanting to properly staff the agency responsible for ensuring that taxes are all paid as required so that the government can function. I'm all for this, staff the fuck up and go after the rich fucks and their tax evading bullshit.

will you admit you were wrong already, wait am i late?? jk
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.politico.com/news/2021/0...-hiring-490479

Unsurprisingly, Republicans are very against the idea of staffing up the IRS so they can actually go after big tax cheats so that the US can collect that missing tax revenue that they're supposed to be and stop focusing on easy tax cases with poor folks who can easily be audited.

Weird to see Republicans supporting tax cheats and not wanting to properly staff the agency responsible for ensuring that taxes are all paid as required so that the government can function. I'm all for this, staff the fuck up and go after the rich fucks and their tax evading bullshit.
    It's becoming clearer and clearer that the GOP will be the party of "don't let the government function properly while the Democrats are in charge". McConnell's toxic stagnation continues to permeate throughout the GOP.

And there's no hope - even Cheney came out just today and downplayed the voting changes the GOP is driving.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    It's becoming clearer and clearer that the GOP will be the party of "don't let the government function properly while the Democrats are in charge". McConnell's toxic stagnation continues to permeate throughout the GOP.

And there's no hope - even Cheney came out just today and downplayed the voting changes the GOP is driving.
    It is more simple than that. It is the GOP is the party of don't let the government function full stop. They don't care if dems are in charge or not they could have done all of this in the trump term but the only piece of legislation that moved them to do anything was the tax giveaway to corporations.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaid View Post
    It is more simple than that. It is the GOP is the party of don't let the government function full stop. They don't care if dems are in charge or not they could have done all of this in the trump term but the only piece of legislation that moved them to do anything was the tax giveaway to corporations.
    "Big government sucks and is incompetent comparedto the private sector, just look how we don't do shit and obstruct everything."

You have to be really really dumb to buy that big government BS they push and not see what they do day in and day out.

It's the most transparent shit ever and needs to stop. As a near last Gen-X, my entire life has been this modern perversion that is the GOP.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bladeXcrasher View Post
    "Big government sucks and is incompetent comparedto the private sector, just look how we don't do shit and obstruct everything."

You have to be really really dumb to buy that big government BS they push and not see what they do day in and day out.

It's the most transparent shit ever and needs to stop. As a near last Gen-X, my entire life has been this modern perversion that is the GOP.
    Going back to Reagan the GOP has been all about the ridiculous notion that the government doesn't help people. Which is precisely what a functioning democracy does - help people. And now that the ridiculous-notion GOP has been melded into the conspiracy bat-shit crazy GOP, we're only about two steps away from fully weaponized idiocy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    That's not entirely true. They love parts of government, just not anything that actually benefits society.
    Lol, good point. The fascist parts they adore. The "rule people with religion they don't practice" is a particular favorite.