1. #8621
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    too late, they say he was killed because he had information on the hacked election
    My grandma also died recently.
    She checks all the boxes:

    she died - check

    She knew something.

  2. #8622
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    My grandma also died recently.
    She checks all the boxes:

    she died - check

    She knew something.
    i never trusted your grandma she was just too freaking cheeky!!!
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

  3. #8623
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    So now that the "VP did not visit the boarder" fake outrage will be over soon what next thing will they move on too to be so insanely outraged about? Before this it was Biden not having a full press conference. I can't even begin to guess.
    I heard there are now conspiracy theories about Biden's dog dying but I was way too exhausted to look into it.

  4. #8624
    Quote Originally Posted by Milchshake View Post
    Biden's plan to use better IRS enforcement to fund the transportation bill.
    I'm expecting a whole slew of angry takes from:
    • Online pundits that make $20k/month
    • Fans of online pundits, who think "they're really not that rich"
    • Pundits who have very complex relationships with their millionaire parents about how the IRS is bad actually and only goes after poor people

    Thinking of ways to fund shit.. makes anyone into a Liz Warren.
    Weird... you have an issue with leftist making money it is as though you think leftist don't actually live in society or something.

    Does making money suddenly mean all your calls for higher taxes and pushing for unions invalid? Remember your last thread that was an utter failure of you trying to dunk on someone for making money? Oh you were unable to post anything that said their views changed but hey..

  5. #8625
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    is that the part in Cancún? I guess ted would know
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

  6. #8626
    Old God Milchshake's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Shitposter Burn Out
    Posts
    10,082
    Today in Biden admin:
    • Comprehensive plan to reduce gun violence
    • 3 million J&J vaccine donations heading to Brazil
    • Fired the Trump-era heads of Border Patrol and FHFA
    • 6th federal lifetime judge confirmed
    • Tentative bipartisan infrastructure framework deal reached

    Cross clutching ammosexuals are overreacting to Biden specifically calling out "illegal gun sales". I shoulda seen this coming.

    I think this an example of cross-over Projection.
    • "Me, law abiding gun owner, reserves the right to suddenly be an non-abiding gun owner, because I had , "a bad day".
    • "I'm a temporarily embarrassed millionaire. Soon as I liquidate my collection of expensive toys (guns, action figure, comics, bitcoins), I can retire at 38. Buy a large compound in rural Amertica, while also having high speed internet for Pornhub.

  7. #8627
    The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    NorCal
    Posts
    24,166
    Bipartisan Senate Infrastructure Plan Is a Stalking Horse for Privatization
    If you believe that the Senate bipartisan infrastructure proposal is just part of a whole—that some of President Biden’s spending can pass in there under regular order, and the rest in a larger reconciliation package—then you might see it as a benign way to boost Biden’s bipartisan deal-making capabilities without sacrificing anything. As I’ve written, there’s not yet enough trust among the Democratic caucus for Biden to make that sale.

    But if you see the bill as not wholly additive but subtractive, you might reject it on its own terms. We haven’t heard this critique much from progressive opponents of the proposal; mostly they talk about the lack of climate mitigation or other policies, and how passage of a second bill later is not guaranteed. But there’s an extremely valid concern about the substance of the bipartisan package.

    We don’t have many details (perhaps by design) about the effort, save for a “fact sheet” that reportedly was only written by one of the 21 Senators involved. But we know that Republicans have rejected offsetting any of the $579 billion in new spending in the bill with tax increases, Biden’s preferred method for his entire American Jobs and Families Plans. Instead, the fact sheet lists 11 alternatives. It does vow to “reduce the IRS tax gap,” earmarking more money for tax enforcement to increase revenue from existing law. But the Gang of 21 agrees with the Congressional Budget Office’s picayune scoring of that provision ($40 billion in investment only yielding $63 billion in revenue), forcing them to dig deeper.

    Many have focused on the electric vehicle surcharge and gas tax indexing to inflation; the latter has popped in and out of the package, as the Biden administration has rejected user fees of this type as a violation of his campaign pledge to not raise taxes on anyone making under $400,000 a year. The list also absurdly includes “paying” for infrastructure investments with direct-pay municipal bonds and an “infrastructure financing authority,” which are just other modes of borrowing.

    But the really scary piece is labeled “Public private partnerships, private activity bonds, and asset recycling.” In the name of building world-class infrastructure, these lawmakers would sell it off in fire sales to private financiers. We have lots of experience with infrastructure privatization that strongly suggests it should be avoided.

    There was a time when Democrats did oppose such schemes; it was during the Trump administration. To the extent that Trump had an infrastructure vision, it was rooted in privatization. Wilbur Ross and Peter Navarro, who would each take high-level jobs in the Trump administration, wrote a paper before the 2016 election outlining their vision: $1 trillion in investment provided by private bond buyers, who would be guaranteed a tax credit to buy the bonds, interest on the debt, and an equity stake with dividends (with up to a 10 percent profit margin). It adds the usual song and dance about how private enterprise is so much more efficient than the public sector, therefore saving money overall.
    (source)

    I guess the infrastructure bill is more robbing Peter to pay Paul, selling off older infrastructure in a fire sale to pay for new infrastructure. I.E. just the Trump plan but now its Biden's plan. Hey, Nothing will fundamentally change remember?
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

  8. #8628
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    Bipartisan Senate Infrastructure Plan Is a Stalking Horse for Privatization


    (source)

    I guess the infrastructure bill is more robbing Peter to pay Paul, selling off older infrastructure in a fire sale to pay for new infrastructure. I.E. just the Trump plan but now its Biden's plan. Hey, Nothing will fundamentally change remember?
    Considering how many times you and your ilk have been proven wrong with your prognostications, color me doubtful.

  9. #8629
    Quote Originally Posted by Milchshake View Post
    Today in Biden admin:
    • Comprehensive plan to reduce gun violence
    • 3 million J&J vaccine donations heading to Brazil
    • Fired the Trump-era heads of Border Patrol and FHFA
    • 6th federal lifetime judge confirmed
    • Tentative bipartisan infrastructure framework deal reached

    Cross clutching ammosexuals are overreacting to Biden specifically calling out "illegal gun sales". I shoulda seen this coming.

    I think this an example of cross-over Projection.
    • "Me, law abiding gun owner, reserves the right to suddenly be an non-abiding gun owner, because I had , "a bad day".
    • "I'm a temporarily embarrassed millionaire. Soon as I liquidate my collection of expensive toys (guns, action figure, comics, bitcoins), I can retire at 38. Buy a large compound in rural Amertica, while also having high speed internet for Pornhub.
    I’ll wait until more Democrat politicians weigh in on the infrastructure negotiations. It’s not a Biden administration thing until he signs it and until his party’s elected representatives in Congress actually support it.

    Manchin isn’t a very popular figure in the party right now. Democrats also haven’t seemed willing to push to get Republican buy-in in order to meet the 60 votes. (Whatever you want to say about the reason it’s impossible or whatever)

    Edit: considering how White House sources are cheering it, this sounds increasingly likely to be an administration accomplishment
    Last edited by tehdang; 2021-06-24 at 06:10 PM.
    "I wish it need not have happened in my time." "So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

  10. #8630
    Old God Milchshake's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Shitposter Burn Out
    Posts
    10,082
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Considering how many times you and your ilk have been proven wrong with your prognostications, color me doubtful.
    The same schtick of "Dems in Disarray" that the far-right and far-left cranks have been using for decades.
    • Presenting a extremist interpretation of the policy, mispresenting it as common or popular interpretation.
    • Or just make-up a position. "Biden is hiring Larry Summers ... any day now!"
    • Or simply lie. "Biden is deMEnTIa RapiST"

    All ways, they want to damage Dems.
    1. It's lucrative gig
    2. They really do want the GOP to win


    Pelosi said today that the House won't approve the bipartisan deal until the Senate passes the reconciliation bill first. That effectively pressures Manchin and other moderates to fall in line to back reconciliation proposal if they want to see their bipartisan deal become law.

    Dem leaders have come up with a strategy to effectively pressure both wings of their party to fall in line behind the bipartisan deal and the reconciliation package -- with the hope of sending the bills to President Joe Biden's desk as early as September.



    If Dems successfully pull off the 1-2 combo of bipartisan infrastructure deal and partisan reconciliation bill it will be one of the most impressive political maneuvers of all time.

    Still a long way from it happening, but I'm significantly more optimistic now.

  11. #8631
    Quote Originally Posted by Milchshake View Post
    The same schtick of "Dems in Disarray" that the far-right and far-left cranks have been using for decades.
    • Presenting a extremist interpretation of the policy, mispresenting it as common or popular interpretation.
    • Or just make-up a position. "Biden is hiring Larry Summers ... any day now!"
    • Or simply lie. "Biden is deMEnTIa RapiST"

    All ways, they want to damage Dems.
    1. It's lucrative gig
    2. They really do want the GOP to win


    Pelosi said today that the House won't approve the bipartisan deal until the Senate passes the reconciliation bill first. That effectively pressures Manchin and other moderates to fall in line to back reconciliation proposal if they want to see their bipartisan deal become law.

    Dem leaders have come up with a strategy to effectively pressure both wings of their party to fall in line behind the bipartisan deal and the reconciliation package -- with the hope of sending the bills to President Joe Biden's desk as early as September.



    If Dems successfully pull off the 1-2 combo of bipartisan infrastructure deal and partisan reconciliation bill it will be one of the most impressive political maneuvers of all time.

    Still a long way from it happening, but I'm significantly more optimistic now.
    There's no reason to be optimistic if only for the obvious there are only 5 republicans in this "bipartisan" bill, Moscow Mitch has not given his blessing and we all know 100% of his agenda is to stop everything. It will not surprise me to see this filibustered with only a few republican votes that's not even considering the fact that this bill is basically poison to anyone progressive.

    I don't think pinkie swears from Manchin and Sinema on a reconciliation bill will be enough but as you said there's a long way to go.

  12. #8632
    Void Lord Breccia's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NY, USA
    Posts
    40,120
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    Privatization
    Considering that was Trump's deal too, that doesn't sound so much as you complaining as much as you saying it's a good idea. Or, did you forget that Trump's plan was to basically privatize everything? Did you complain about it then, too?

    I'll give you a hint, Trump revealed his plan June 5 2017 or so. Why don't you find the post you made within, I dunno, three months in either direction? In which you said "I think Trump should not be privatizing everything in his infrastructure plan". Because if you can't do that, your post here comes off a little...hypocritical. And you don't want to be a hypocrite, right? You want to be taken seriously as a genuine poster, right?

    Take your time finding your post where you also criticize Trump for doing this. We'll wait.

  13. #8633
    The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    NorCal
    Posts
    24,166
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Considering that was Trump's deal too, that doesn't sound so much as you complaining as much as you saying it's a good idea. Or, did you forget that Trump's plan was to basically privatize everything? Did you complain about it then, too?
    Lol, Have I ever in any way advocated privatization or celebrate said plan? And I am directly criticizing it for being too small, and for privatization. I.E. I am criticizing it for being Trumps plan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

  14. #8634
    Banned Kellhound's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Bank of the Columbia
    Posts
    20,935
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    Lol, Have I ever in any way advocated privatization or celebrate said plan? And I am directly criticizing it for being too small, and for privatization. I.E. I am criticizing it for being Trumps plan.
    Because the Consolidated Rail Corp showed the government knows how to run a railroad......

  15. #8635
    The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    NorCal
    Posts
    24,166
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    Because the Consolidated Rail Corp showed the government knows how to run a railroad......
    Should we privatized the US Army, Navy and Airforce?
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

  16. #8636
    Banned Kellhound's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Bank of the Columbia
    Posts
    20,935
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    Should we privatized the US Army, Navy and Airforce?
    Those are not infrastructure.

  17. #8637
    The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    NorCal
    Posts
    24,166
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    Those are not infrastructure.
    All those army bases, navy yards, logistics hubs, equipment depots, the Pentagon, ect isn't infrastructure? Plus what is the difference? If Market is King why cannot we simply turn over the entire army to Blackwater and others and you know cut costs on all these expensive entitlements via the VA office and such. I mean, if the private sector is superior that is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

  18. #8638
    Void Lord Breccia's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NY, USA
    Posts
    40,120
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    Lol, Have I ever
    *LOUD ANNOYING BUZZER*

    That's not what I asked. You made a derogatory statement about the current infrastructure/privatization situation. Yet Trump had proposed the same. If you were honest about your feelings about privatization, you'd have said so at the time. Now, I gave you a time frame. If you really felt negatively about privatization, you'd have said so when Trump was pushing for mass privatization. So it would be trivial for you to find such a posting of yours. If you choose not to do that, I will assume it's because no such post exists, but feel free to prove me wrong. It would also back up your derogatory statement with evidence that you truly do not like privatization, regardless of which party does it, and therefore demonstrate you're not a hypocrite.

    It's not my job to find lack of evidence that you support it during the Trump years. Evidence of absence bla bla bla. You said you felt it was bad, you can back that up with your own words. Or, you can admit you don't feel that way. Either one, really.

  19. #8639
    The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    NorCal
    Posts
    24,166
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Have fun debating your strawman, I am not hype to roleplay the Red hat person you are hoping to spar with.

    @Machismo is the privatization junky you are looking for.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

  20. #8640
    Void Lord Breccia's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NY, USA
    Posts
    40,120
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    Have fun
    *LOUD ANNOYING BUZZER*

    That's still not evidence you oppose privatization. You said something derogatory about it when Biden/Democrats are proposing it, you were active and posting when Trump did the same, you should be able to find one of your posts where you prove your opinion is genuine and not, for example, partisan or "it's okay when my side does it".

    Incidentally, that's also not what "Strawman" means, but one thing at a time.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •