Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Yeah, that's because Biden said

Kind of hard to say something negative about that. "Nuh-uh! Democracy is about imposing your selfish will on others! And we were founded on religious mandates and slavery!" doesn't play as well.
    It's easy to be negative when looking at current wars... they died in vain.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodonius View Post
    Black people in america should be happy their ancestors where slaves so they could have a good live.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodonius View Post
    Black women are racist. Im the one trying to make her[my wife] behave like white people and not say it out loud.
    Totally not racist

Presented without further comment.

Biden congratulates election of new Israeli president amid agreement to oust Netanyahu

Israel’s parliament elected center-left politician Isaac Herzog to the nation’s number two post. He is expected to assume to the role in July at the end of the seven-year term of current Israeli President Reuven Rivlin.

Biden made no mention of Netanyahu in his statement late Wednesday, hours after a coalition reported to Rivlin that it had reached an agreement to replace the prime minister amid political turmoil in the country.

Biden said in the statement that he “extend my warm congratulations to Isaac Herzog on his election to serve as the 11th President of the State of Israel.”

“Throughout his career, President-elect Herzog has demonstrated his unwavering commitment to strengthening Israel’s security, advancing dialogue, and building bridges across the global Jewish community,” Biden said. “I am confident that under his presidency, the partnership between Israel and the United States will continue to grow and deepen.”

Biden also thanked Rivlin “for his many years of service to the people of Israel.” The president said he looked forward to welcoming Rivlin in Washington “in the coming weeks to honor his dedication to the enduring partnership and the close friendship between our two nations.”

Texas valedictorian goes viral after giving unapproved speech blasting state's anti-abortion bill

She is going to UT Austin. A bunch of my daughters employees are UT graduates. They are freaking liberals. They are far more left leaning than the people that I used to hang around with in UC Berkeley.

Another strong, solid job report.

"How big is it? AHWINK"

Almost half the size of Trump's biggest job loss.

"But Breccia! You said Trump didn't really get credit for a lot of economic stuff that happened in his first year! Shouldn't the same apply here?"

Indeed. Most of what we're seeing, including the strangely low previous jobs report, is the free market reacting to outside forces. Granted, these "outside forces" mostly include the vaccine distribution, which is why in this report the hospitality industry fucking exploded with new jobs.

But, well, two things.

1) Biden began working on vaccine distribution and related efforts on Day One. Trump didn't do anything this major until he got the tax cut for the rich passed. So, yes, Biden's direct actions have helped, not caused but helped, this growth.

2) If Trump supporters give Trump credit for things that happened under his first year (for example, Spicer's famous "the numbers became real") then they must also give Biden credit for yet another strong, solid job report. It's both or neither. Their hands are tied.

Another strong, solid job report.

"How big is it? AHWINK"

Almost half the size of Trump's biggest job loss.

"But Breccia! You said Trump didn't really get credit for a lot of economic stuff that happened in his first year! Shouldn't the same apply here?"

Indeed. Most of what we're seeing, including the strangely low previous jobs report, is the free market reacting to outside forces. Granted, these "outside forces" mostly include the vaccine distribution, which is why in this report the hospitality industry fucking exploded with new jobs.

But, well, two things.

1) Biden began working on vaccine distribution and related efforts on Day One. Trump didn't do anything this major until he got the tax cut for the rich passed. So, yes, Biden's direct actions have helped, not caused but helped, this growth.

2) If Trump supporters give Trump credit for things that happened under his first year (for example, Spicer's famous "the numbers became real") then they must also give Biden credit for yet another strong, solid job report. It's both or neither. Their hands are tied.
    The Beltway has both angles covered!

Also, Biden Admin quashed Trump's ANWR shenanigans.

Silence as usual from the Green wing of the GOP.
    Last edited by Milchshake; 2021-06-03 at 02:29 PM.

Unemployment drops to 5.8 percent.

Man, can you imagine in 2017 people saying "thank goodness we're back under six percent"? I mean, barring Trump supporters pushing that 42% ridiculousness?

In a completely unrelated story:

Our Ruling

Biden said that two senators — Manchin and Sinema — "voted more with my Republican friends" than with the president from their own party.

Manchin and Sinema support continued use of the filibuster, a position that imperils key elements of Biden’s agenda. Manchin also defied Biden on one cabinet nomination and on aspects of the president’s coronavirus relief bill.

But on actual votes taken in the Senate, both Manchin and Sinema supported Biden’s position 100% of the time. We rate the statement Mostly False.
    "Why are you citing a Biden lie/misstatement/untruth? I thought you backed him."

Oh, I do. That's why it's disappointing when he says something, intentionally or otherwise, that's not the truth. We had 5 years of false promises, misinformation, outright lies and conspiracy theories from Trump. Biden should be striving to be better than that. Plus I would be a hypocrite if I didn't.

Unemployment drops to 5.8 percent.

Man, can you imagine in 2017 people saying "thank goodness we're back under six percent"? I mean, barring Trump supporters pushing that 42% ridiculousness?

The Corona crisis caused a backlog of work that nows need to be resolved. i would not be surprised if a lot of these new jobs are temporary . I will just wait untill things calm down a bit before making such claims.

Quote Originally Posted by DKjaigen View Post
    The Corona crisis caused a backlog of work that nows need to be resolved.
    I'm somehow not surprised that a basement dweller thinks that jobs are "backlogged" and will just go away afterwards.

Stay salty that Joe Biden's economic recovery is much better than anything Trump ever had

The Unstoppable Force Kaleredar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    I'm somehow not surprised that a basement dweller thinks that jobs are "backlogged" and will just go away afterwards.

Stay salty that Joe Biden's economic recovery is much better than anything Trump ever had
    All the job growth that we’re seeing now? Obviously a backlog for which Biden’s competent handling of the pandemic and push for middle class growth is not responsible and that his liberal policies will undoubtedly destroy.

But All those pipeline jobs that even the company constructing it said were almost exclusively temporary? Obviously Biden isn’t taking these actually permanent, never to be replaced gainful jobs into account when he bows to the radical hippy liberals and ends its construction!

/s
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    All the job growth that we’re seeing now? Obviously a backlog for which Biden’s competent handling of the pandemic and push for middle class growth is not responsible and that his liberal policies will undoubtedly destroy.

But All those pipeline jobs that even the company constructing it said were almost exclusively temporary? Obviously Biden isn’t taking these actually permanent, never to be replaced gainful jobs into account when he bows to the radical hippy liberals and ends its construction!

/s
    Right now, if you are a pipe layer, welder or steel worker, and you couldn't find a job, there could only be two reasons - serious criminal record or couldn't pass the pee test.

Quote Originally Posted by DKjaigen View Post
    The Corona crisis caused a backlog of work that nows need to be resolved. i would not be surprised if a lot of these new jobs are temporary . I will just wait untill things calm down a bit before making such claims.
    ROFLMAO, it's pretty obvious that this is the economy returning back to normal because of Biden's handling of the pandemic. You know just like everyone with half a brain told Trump that handling the pandemic was the key to winning the election and he ignored them. Trump lost to COVID not Biden, he was stupid enough to think that he could handwave a global pandemic.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post
    Right now, if you are a pipe layer, welder or steel worker, and you couldn't find a job, there could only be two reasons - serious criminal record or couldn't pass the pee test.
    TBF those pee tests are nerve wracking. Like, how am I supposed to pee when there's someone right outside the door waiting for my warm urine.

TBF those pee tests are nerve wracking. Like, how am I supposed to pee when there's someone right outside the door waiting for my warm urine.
    They were OUTSIDE the door when you did it? Lucky.

Like, I've had Top Secret security clearances, and I've never had to pee in a cup. Fuck any employer who asks that kind of shit of you. Get a fucking court order, jackwads.

Helps, of course, that Canada doesn't support at-will employment, so they need actual cause to fire me, and refusing to take embarrassing and invasive tests like that don't qualify.

If you work or sub to one of the big construction companies (Turner, Skanska, PCL, Kiewitt, etc.) you get used to it quickly. Each new project, you ended up having to do pee test during the pre-con safety training. Those were the easy ones. You just had to make sure you drank a lot of coffee before hand. Then you had the surprise pee test. The safety officers tapped you on the shoulder and you are it. Some people have on the spot performance anxiety. I never had an issue.

"Want me to do it around the corner?"

"No! Use the pottie you pervert."

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Like, I've had Top Secret security clearances, and I've never had to pee in a cup. Fuck any employer who asks that kind of shit of you. Get a fucking court order, jackwads.

Helps, of course, that Canada doesn't support at-will employment, so they need actual cause to fire me, and refusing to take embarrassing and invasive tests like that don't qualify.
    Well, you are probably not operating heavy machinery or using volatile gasses or working on a narrow girder 100 feet up in the air.

Military urine test in MEPS, they stand in the middle of the bathroom as you and multiple other guys go pee and you hand it to them afterwards.

Chicken plant I applied to and couldn’t pee to get the job. Had a woman go in the restroom with me (a guy) and literally stood 3 feet behind me, arms crossed and staring at me like she just walked in on me and her mother. Tried to close my eyes and pretend she wasn’t there only for her to break out her cellphone and start playing a game that was loud.

Going to pee alone in a room isn’t a deal breaker for most people.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

Well, you are probably not operating heavy machinery or using volatile gasses or working on a narrow girder 100 feet up in the air.
    And?

Court order to get my pee. Particularly as weed's 100% legal here in Canada and having traces show up that show you're a regular user won't disqualify you from anything.

Also; I had a job where handling volatile explosives (black powder, specifically) by hand was a regular part of the job. And not just black powder rifle blanks, but cannon charges, enough to do serious damage to pretty much anything. No pee tests ever.

I've had a case of stage fright myself...and then the dam broke and couldn't stop.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    And?

Court order to get my pee. Particularly as weed's 100% legal here in Canada and having traces show up that show you're a regular user won't disqualify you from anything.

Also; I had a job where handling volatile explosives (black powder, specifically) by hand was a regular part of the job. And not just black powder rifle blanks, but cannon charges, enough to do serious damage to pretty much anything. No pee tests ever.
    I'll leave the morality out of it. Personally, I feel better knowing the guy driving that backhoe equipped with R 9800 bucket in close proximity to me can pass the pee test.

I'll leave the morality out of it. Personally, I feel better knowing the guy driving that backhoe equipped with R 9800 bucket in close proximity to me can pass the pee test.
    He might just be drunk. Or using any of a dozen or more over the counter sedative type drugs marked with "do not operate heavy machinery" warnings.

Y'know, shit that isn't covered by pee tests, but which employers have to monitor for by evaluating employee conduct. Rather than demanding invasive medical testing for no justifiable reason.

Pee tests in the USA exist solely as part of the "punish people for enjoying marijuana" agenda. Not about ensuring people don't work while high or drunk. They're useless for that purpose.