1. #8921
    https://afghanistan.liveuamap.com/en...istans-biggest

    OOOOF that was quick.

    'The Taliban will not cross the borders of Central Asia, representatives of the movement said during talks in Moscow, expressing their readiness to combat the threat from ISIS, as well as to eradicate drug production in Afghanistan after the end of hostilities.'

    They are so full of shit but their political wing and military wing do look a lot more defined nowadays.

  2. #8922
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    The Taliban bombing ever city in the U.S. is as realistic as you not posting every nonsensical comment that goes through your head.
    I find it bizarre how much doubt is cast over the possibility of the Taliban attacking the US. Our media for decades have painted the Taliban as an unstoppable force of evil (which they are) and the moment the US withdrew, they launched a campaign of violence. China has also recently cemented an alliance with the Taliban immediately after we left.

  3. #8923
    Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    I find it bizarre how much doubt is cast over the possibility of the Taliban attacking the US. Our media for decades have painted the Taliban as an unstoppable force of evil (which they are) and the moment the US withdrew, they launched a campaign of violence. China has also recently cemented an alliance with the Taliban immediately after we left.
    that's just you falling for propaganda.. and so what if China steps in? that's their problem then.

  4. #8924
    Quote Originally Posted by uuuhname View Post
    that's just you falling for propaganda.. and so what if China steps in? that's their problem then.
    it's not mere propaganda when we've seen the taliban torture and behead US troops on liveleak many times before.

    wait, how is it china's problem to gain a new ally and resources

  5. #8925
    Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    it's not mere propaganda when we've seen the taliban torture and behead US troops on liveleak many times before.

    wait, how is it china's problem to gain a new ally and resources
    yeah, in Afghanistan, and only in Afghanistan. like, wh-what makes you think they pose a threat to the US?

    also who cares if China makes peace with them? like how is that of any concern for the average American?

  6. #8926
    Quote Originally Posted by uuuhname View Post
    yeah, in Afghanistan, and only in Afghanistan. like, wh-what makes you think they pose a threat to the US?

    also who cares if China makes peace with them? like how is that of any concern for the average American?
    why are we defending torture and beheadings, regardless of where it is? Like the fact Biden just has us leave makes it feel like we didn't accomplish anything and those torture deaths are left in the dust.

    Also, I'm pretty sure everyone cares when China is attempting to pick up where Hitler failed. The genocide in their backyard, aggressive expansion, and now terrorists in their alliance.

    Like I grew up hearing of how the US would eradicate the Taliban someday so this is a huge deal for me. It was literally all for nothing.
    Last edited by YUPPIE; 2021-07-09 at 03:48 PM.

  7. #8927
    Pandaren Monk wunksta's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    1,953
    Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    it's not mere propaganda when we've seen the taliban torture and behead US troops on liveleak many times before
    The Taliban are awful but I can't find any record of them beheading an American. They have beheaded other people though. Maybe you are thinking of another jihadist group.

  8. #8928
    Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    why are we defending torture and beheadings, regardless of where it is? Like the fact Biden just has us leave makes it feel like we didn't accomplish anything and those torture deaths are left in the dust.

    Also, I'm pretty sure everyone cares when China is attempting to pick up where Hitler failed. The genocide in their backyard, aggressive expansion, and now terrorists in their alliance.

    Like I grew up hearing of how the US would eradicate the Taliban someday so this is a huge deal for me. It was literally all for nothing.
    I'm gonna go out on a limb and assume you have no idea about the history of the Taliban and the US. the Taliban wouldn't even be as strong as they are militarily if the US hadn't armed and trained them in the 80's to fight Russia. it's a recurring thing when ever the US comes in to arms a bunch of rag tag rebels that a few years later those same rebels are the terrorist we need to go in, spend billions of dollars and thousands of lives fighting. if anyone is defending the beheading's and torture, its the rubes who have no idea that this is US foreign policy in action.

    also you're so full of shit when it comes to China, at least China's brand of neo colonialism is giving impoverished nations money to build up infrastructure in exchange for resources those nations create. and yeah, fuck China for how it treats the Uygur Muslims, to bad no country let alone the US has any moral leg to stand on criticizing them.

    EXACTLY! it was all for nothing because the US military is either too stupid or doesn't care about wading into another Vietnam.
    Last edited by uuuhname; 2021-07-09 at 04:27 PM.

  9. #8929
    Quote Originally Posted by uuuhname View Post
    I'm gonna go out on a limb and assume you have no idea about the history of the Taliban and the US. the Taliban wouldn't even be as strong as they are militarily if the US hadn't armed and trained them in the 80's to fight Russia.
    the US armed the Mujaheddin not the taliban, the taliban didnt really emerge until the afgan civil war out of the Deobandi movement after the russians were long gone.

    if i remember correctly the soviets left in 1988 and the taliban really came in about 1994 it was just warring mujaheddin warlords before that. They didnt fall on Kabul until 1996ish.

  10. #8930
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    the US armed the Mujaheddin not the taliban, the taliban didnt really emerge until the afgan civil war out of the Deobandi movement after the russians were long gone.

    if i remember correctly the soviets left in 1988 and the taliban really came in about 1994 it was just warring mujaheddin warlords before that. They didnt fall on Kabul until 1996ish.
    fair enough, my bad. but the point still stands that the US being in Afghanistan has always been not about improving the lives of the Afghan people but using the country as a piece of the US's geopolitical chess game with [insert rival here].

  11. #8931
    So here's a bunch of Republicans chortling about manipulating Sinema and Manchin into keeping the filibuster, in part for precisely the reason I explained to @Stardust: Republicans are terrified at the prospect of having the power to enact their own agenda (or anti-agenda) because it's deeply unpopular.

    https://twitter.com/lawindsor/status...911164931?s=20
    Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition, to wit: There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect. There is nothing more or else to it, and there never has been, in any place or time. --Frank Wilhoit

  12. #8932
    Void Lord Breccia's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NY, USA
    Posts
    40,327
    Quote Originally Posted by uuuhname View Post
    the US being in Afghanistan has always been not about improving the lives of the Afghan people but using the country as a piece of the US's geopolitical chess game with [insert rival here].
    And it's not like Afghanistan was the only one, either. We're not exactly fast learners.

  13. #8933
    Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    what if the taliban bomb all our cities as previously stated. I mean, now no one is left to control them as evident by their orgy of carnage ongoing
    they are most likely going to bomb the Chinese occupiers first...

    Also how are the Taliban getting over here to bomb our cities? You think the Chinese are going to let them get all geared up?
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

  14. #8934
    The Unstoppable Force Belize's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Gen-OT College of Shitposting
    Posts
    22,055
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    they are most likely going to bomb the Chinese occupiers first...

    Also how are the Taliban getting over here to bomb our cities? You think the Chinese are going to let them get all geared up?
    Where's @Kokolums to explain to us how China, the Taliban and Russia will all be teaming up with the lizardmen from the underside of the earth to invade America through Mt. St. Helens

  15. #8935
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Where's @Kokolums to explain to us how China, the Taliban and Russia will all be teaming up with the lizardmen from the underside of the earth to invade America through Mt. St. Helens
    why use Mt. St. Helens when they can use Tesla's hyperloops. That is the real reason they are being built. secret tunnels to China for an invasion force of tens of millions. Hyperlooped to our cities before we know what's happening!!
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

  16. #8936
    The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    001100010010011110100001101101110011
    Posts
    23,258
    Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    I find it bizarre how much doubt is cast over the possibility of the Taliban attacking the US. Our media for decades have painted the Taliban as an unstoppable force of evil (which they are) and the moment the US withdrew, they launched a campaign of violence. China has also recently cemented an alliance with the Taliban immediately after we left.
    link 2 article showing this.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

  17. #8937
    Quote Originally Posted by wunksta View Post
    The Taliban are awful but I can't find any record of them beheading an American. They have beheaded other people though. Maybe you are thinking of another jihadist group.
    I think he's just concerned that the Taliban will start beheading the Chinese.

  18. #8938
    https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wire...l_twitter_abcn

    U.S. immigration authorities will no longer routinely jail migrants facing deportation if they are pregnant or recently gave birth, reversing a Trump-era immigration policy.

    The new directive, announced Friday, does not bar Immigration and Customs Enforcement from initiating proceedings to deport women who are pregnant, nursing or have given birth within the past year. But they generally would no longer be detained pending the outcome of their cases except under “exceptional circumstances," the agency said.
    Great news, we shouldn't be imprisoning pregnant women or women that recently gave birth.

  19. #8939
    Immortal TEHPALLYTANK's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Texas(I wish it were CO)
    Posts
    7,512
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wire...l_twitter_abcn



    Great news, we shouldn't be imprisoning pregnant women or women that recently gave birth.
    Watch as the right-wing media spins that into "Women are getting pregnant to avoid deportation!".

    I mean I wish it weren't so depressingly predictable, but I wholly expect to see some bullshit along those lines out of a propaganda outlet over the next 24-48 hours. I'm fairly certain they used that line anyways at some point in the past two years already, so at least it'll wind up being some recycled bullshit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

  20. #8940
    Merely a Setback Kaleredar's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    phasing...
    Posts
    25,930
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    I think he's just concerned that the Taliban will start beheading the Chinese.
    If China does begin funding enterprises in the area, I doubt they’ll do so in conflict with the Taliban. If it seems financially advantageous to China I’m sure they’ll happily work alongside the Taliban and just sort of turn a blind eye to whatever goingson the taliban are perpetrating.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •