Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post
    It is my understanding that Biden's administration actually reached out to the higher ups at Fox.
    I'm sure there have been talks, but that doesn't really mean anything unless a real viable threat to pull their broadcasting license happened. Which I don't think is something easily doable. More likely sponsors threatened to pull advertising monies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Federal appeals court finds CDC eviction mortatorium illegal.

Cross-posting because Trump started it, Biden extended it, and Congress signed off on it. The 3-0 ruling said the CDC overstepped its authority and wasn't allowed to do that.

Fortunately for many, it's been around for nearly a year. While it was still in effect, some tenants who otherwise would have been thrown out weren't. Hopefully those that would have been, have recovered and paid their back rent.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Hill currently has a nice juxtaposition of front-page stories...

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    The Hill currently has a nice juxtaposition of front-page stories...

In this case, I'm inclined to agree with the governor of Alabama. They legions of people who can get vaccinated but are choosing not to are absolutely responsible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    In this case, I'm inclined to agree with the governor of Alabama. They legions of people who can get vaccinated but are choosing not to are absolutely responsible.
    I'd place more of the blame on the people who were telling them to not get vaccinated, which is primarily the GOP. Sure their constituents share some of the blame, but the GOP has been actively spreading anti-vaccine bullshit for months now. Shifting the blame away from themselves when they're the reason so many Republican voters are against the COVID-19 vaccines is just another tactic to further politicize vaccination.

Both are at fault, but the ones who were actively spreading the misinformation are more at fault in my view than the victims of the misinformation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Federal appeals court finds CDC eviction mortatorium illegal.

Cross-posting because Trump started it, Biden extended it, and Congress signed off on it. The 3-0 ruling said the CDC overstepped its authority and wasn't allowed to do that.

Fortunately for many, it's been around for nearly a year. While it was still in effect, some tenants who otherwise would have been thrown out weren't. Hopefully those that would have been, have recovered and paid their back rent.
    Well, at least here in Houston/Harris county, they are trying to prevent mass evictions at the local level
    So much like with vaccinations, you'll see those godless commie maxist crime ridden democrat run cites keeping people in their homes
    while in the god fearing, capitalism loving, patriotic real American republican areas, they'll kick those takers out till they pull themselves up by their bootstraps

If I have to tell you there is sarcasm in that, then you don't know me, Hi, Im D Luniz, I say things that sometimes are insightful, othertimes are useful yet still shitposting. And my fro is glorious, LOOK AT IT IN AWE!!!
    "Law and Order", lots of places have had that, Russia, North Korea, Saddam's Iraq.
    Laws can be made to enforce order of cruelty and brutality.
    Equality and Justice, that is how you have peace and a society that benefits all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CostinR View Post
    Or rather because most NATO countries aren't actually serious in having strong capable militaries and instead the money is spent to keep certain people in certain areas employed. If anyone wants to talk about the military industrial complex look no further then Europe.

Some exceptions: Poland for instance decided to buy Turkish combat drones that were such a game changer when they were used against Armenia, along with F-35s and 250 modern upgraded M1 Abrams. They've also talked about buying cruise missiles and hypersonic missiles.
    Poland is tired of being invaded.

Quote Originally Posted by CYTOAGR View Post
    USA had strong leadership under Trump, now rest of world just laughs at how easily USA can be taken advantage of.
    The former is what caused the latter but what would one expect from a Brexiter?

I wonder if most Americans feel embarrassed at this point.

Biden can't string a sentence together.
    Harris is toxic and none of her staff like working for her.

Neither have performed any significant action since being in office.

Probably one of the worst moments in history to be an American.

USA had strong leadership under Trump, now rest of world just laughs at how easily USA can be taken advantage of.
    Nope, I feel embarrassed for you though. Cuz they are both better than any right winger that they can run now. Trump didn't do anything, literally. He golfed over 300 days, and got 600k people killed. And he was literal butt buddies with the dictators of the world. And we went from 20% favorabiltiy, to 75% with Biden. And now the dictators hate us like they should. Bot.

Not so much.
    Although I wonder how embarrassing it must be to be a littler burner account because you could never leave a website that doesn't want you...

10+ Year Old Account
    DOW hits record high of 35,000.

"Okay, cool, but that's not a realistic measure of the economy, not everyone owns stock, and...oh."

Yep. Trump routinely cheered himself for high stock market numbers, and also was screaming into the wind about how the stock market looked so good while it was in mid-crash. If Trump and therefore Trump supporters believed the stock market going up was a good thing when Trump was in charge, they must now also say it's a good thing when Biden's in charge.

As for me, well, the stock market is a predictive force. People believe this is a good time to do business and invest. That said, I believe they think that not because of anything specific Biden has done, but a general sense of recovery in mid/high-income areas.

Oh, and Biden's stock market has risen higher/further than Trump's at this point in their tenures.

Basically, every objective measure by which Trump claims he did well, Biden has done better. Well, with the stock market, anyhow. And vaccinations.

Hmf...always hated the Dow. Cheap libertarian god...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    S&P is mirroring the trend. It is also at a record high. So is the NASDAQ.

Again, the stock market is not the economy. This is an encouraging prediction more than anything else. But, again, any Trump supporters who said the stock market going up was good while Trump was in office, must also say the same thing here. Their hands are tied.

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    The former is what caused the latter but what would one expect from a Brexiter?
    That moron from back during the election threads still spam creating accounts?

- - - Updated - - -

Not so much.
    Although I wonder how embarrassing it must be to be a littler burner account because you could never leave a website that doesn't want you...
    Keeps trying to force himself on MMO-C after she keeps telling him no, hmmmmmmm don't even have to wonder.

Biden can't string a sentence together.
    Harris is toxic and none of her staff like working for her.

Neither have performed any significant action since being in office.

Probably one of the worst moments in history to be an American.

Well this attempt was just adorable. Like a child running into a wall.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    Well this attempt was just adorable. Like a child running into a wall.
    I swear some burner account comes in once a month to post basically that same schtick and then dips.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

DOW hits record high of 35,000.

"Okay, cool, but that's not a realistic measure of the economy, not everyone owns stock, and...oh."

Yep. Trump routinely cheered himself for high stock market numbers, and also was screaming into the wind about how the stock market looked so good while it was in mid-crash. If Trump and therefore Trump supporters believed the stock market going up was a good thing when Trump was in charge, they must now also say it's a good thing when Biden's in charge.

As for me, well, the stock market is a predictive force. People believe this is a good time to do business and invest. That said, I believe they think that not because of anything specific Biden has done, but a general sense of recovery in mid/high-income areas.

Oh, and Biden's stock market has risen higher/further than Trump's at this point in their tenures.

Basically, every objective measure by which Trump claims he did well, Biden has done better. Well, with the stock market, anyhow. And vaccinations.
    Just wait till the GDP #'s come out because of the "timing" of the shutdowns and reopening's Biden should easily get 3%, the thing trump never got.
    Will drive him nuts since he held this as the key watermark to a great economy
    He might even double Trump's highest yearly number.

Of course they will say its all because covid depressed numbers, but won't say the same thing about things they blame biden for like Inflation....

- - - Updated - - -

i always hated the DOW because they always kick out the laggards and its not a true reflection of performance. Its a true reflection of the top few companies which is not anywhere near representative of the years performance

At worst they should report the SP500 and ignore the dow.

At best they should be reporting one of the Wilshire index's of the 2000-5000 top companies.

They should also have to register companies at the beginning of the year and not kick them out of any index so that the index shows the true performance year over year.

If a $100 dollar stock goes to .10 it should stay in the index till the reset at the end of the year or longer.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    Just wait till the GDP #'s come out because of the "timing" of the shutdowns and reopening's Biden should easily get 3%, the thing trump never got.
    Will drive him nuts since he held this as the key watermark to a great economy
    He might even double Trump's highest yearly number.

Of course they will say its all because covid depressed numbers, but won't say the same thing about things they blame biden for like Inflation....

- - - Updated - - -

i always hated the DOW because they always kick out the laggards and its not a true reflection of performance. Its a true reflection of the top few companies which is not anywhere near representative of the years performance

At worst they should report the SP500 and ignore the dow.

At best they should be reporting one of the Wilshire index's of the 2000-5000 top companies.

They should also have to register companies at the beginning of the year and not kick them out of any index so that the index shows the true performance year over year.

If a $100 dollar stock goes to .10 it should stay in the index till the reset at the end of the year or longer.
    But what about rich peoples yacht money!? They need to have their manipulated graphs to get more yachts!
    - Lars

10+ Year Old Account
    Sigh...dammit, Biden, you're better than this.

Our Ruling

Biden said that "the cost of an automobile, it's kind of back to what it was before the pandemic."

It’s not back to where it was, or even close. Federal and private-sector data agrees: New and used car prices are on an upward trajectory, smashing records along the way.

We rate the statement False.
    There's enough good news about the economy in general that you don't have to make shit up.

Sigh...dammit, Biden, you're better than this.

Our Ruling

There's enough good news about the economy in general that you don't have to make shit up.
    The cost of a car has always been bullshit, no one can tell me otherwise.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866