1. #10141
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasRules View Post
    That right wing media always throwing up biased polls.
    O...is it that time of the month for you?
    Whatever...see ya next month. *waves buh-bye*

  2. #10142
    I Don't Work Here Endus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    68,699
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasRules View Post
    Here is that right wing ABC News saying that people are pessimistic about the direction of the country.
    https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/amer...ry?id=79036435

    That right wing media always throwing up biased polls.
    Just you being dishonest and presenting a poll about "the direction of the country" as if that were comparable to a poll about "Joe Biden's approval rating".

    Here's his approval rating, graphed; https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...proval-rating/

    The IBD poll @Omega10 linked is the second on that list, entirely in line with others; no meaningful change from the overall trend.

    A poll about people's optimism about the direction of the country is a heck of a lot more complex than approval ratings for the President, and will include a lot of factors completely outside the President's control.

    Which should be obvious.

    Unless you're pushing disinformation and hoping nobody checks your links.

    Unfortunately, I'm gonna check 'em.


  3. #10143
    I am Murloc! PhaelixWW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Washington (né California)
    Posts
    5,768
    Why would people be optimistic about the direction the country is heading when roughly half the population seems hell-bent on dragging as many people to the morgue as they can, and a majority of states are desperate to re-enact Jim Crow era-style voter suppression policies?

    I mean, if only there was an overwhelmingly obvious thing that might affect people's outlook on the future...



    "The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

    --Alexandre Dumas-fils

  4. #10144
    The Undying Breccia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NY, USA
    Posts
    32,274
    Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    Why would people be optimistic about the direction the country is heading when roughly half the population seems hell-bent on dragging as many people to the morgue as they can
    I have to agree, that looks like disingenuous pollsters. "The country is going in the wrong direction, because people like me aren't getting vaccinated and dying."

  5. #10145
    The Unstoppable Force PACOX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    ██████
    Posts
    23,437
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    It's a month later than hoped, but Biden hits 70% vaccination rate.
    Not bad but I hate that as an actual metric. It takes a month to be fully vaccinated and that message isn't expressed enough. Any shot is better than no shot but I can't tell you how many people I've seen do some reckless stuff within 24 hours of just one jab.

    Resident Cosplay Progressive

  6. #10146
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasRules View Post
    Here is that right wing ABC News saying that people are pessimistic about the direction of the country.
    https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/amer...ry?id=79036435


    That right wing media always throwing up biased polls.
    It's cute watching you try and fail.

  7. #10147
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Just you being dishonest and presenting a poll about "the direction of the country" as if that were comparable to a poll about "Joe Biden's approval rating".

    Here's his approval rating, graphed; https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...proval-rating/

    The IBD poll @Omega10 linked is the second on that list, entirely in line with others; no meaningful change from the overall trend.

    A poll about people's optimism about the direction of the country is a heck of a lot more complex than approval ratings for the President, and will include a lot of factors completely outside the President's control.

    Which should be obvious.

    Unless you're pushing disinformation and hoping nobody checks your links.

    Unfortunately, I'm gonna check 'em.
    The optimism-pessimism flip comes as Americans give Biden his lowest approval rating for his handling of the pandemic yet in ABC News/Ipsos polling. A little over 6 in 10 (63%) approve of the president's response to the coronavirus, according to the poll, which was conducted by Ipsos in partnership with ABC News using Ipsos' KnowledgePanel
    I guess that this means nothing to his approval. His handling of the pandemic approval is going down...I guess that is me spreading misinformation using a right wing ABC news poll. I mean, if you check the link. Which you obviously did not

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    O...is it that time of the month for you?
    Whatever...see ya next month. *waves buh-bye*
    I have better things to do with my time then post or read here. We'll see how long it takes for one of you to complain about an abcnews poll being trolling to get me banned. I stop when I get banned, you don't stop. You post an average of about 12 times a day over almost 6 years. 12 times every day. I wonder how much you would post if your posts got reported every time. You are like the guys who say if you respond in a poll, you support Trump. For over a year everyone on this board said vote anyone but Trump, that did not mean they supported Joe Biden. I voted against any Democrat for president. I vote for the guy with the best chance to win, just like every one of you. Yet you guys say I support Trump with no evidence, just like you trolling me with why I do not post.
    Last edited by TexasRules; 2021-08-03 at 02:38 AM.

  8. #10148
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Not bad but I hate that as an actual metric. It takes a month to be fully vaccinated and that message isn't expressed enough. Any shot is better than no shot but I can't tell you how many people I've seen do some reckless stuff within 24 hours of just one jab.
    True, it's just a start... But it's something.

    It's also a very lopsided statistic, unfortunately; while the US as a whole has hit 70%, 30 states haven't.

  9. #10149
    I Don't Work Here Endus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    68,699
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasRules View Post
    I guess that this means nothing to his approval. His handling of the pandemic approval is going down...I guess that is me spreading misinformation using a right wing ABC news poll. I mean, if you check the link. Which you obviously did not
    Nah, I did. You're just misrepresenting what it actually says. You're now conflating "approval of his handling of the pandemic" with his overall approval rating. The poll also looks into the approval towards Biden's handling of the economic recovery, and border issues, and so on; it's looking at separate issues.

    You came into this trying to contradict a statement that Biden's approval was doing well overall, and your source here is in no way backing you up on that.

    You're also playing the victim pre-emptively, because it's so unfair when you say things that aren't true and people notice that they aren't true.


  10. #10150
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasRules View Post
    I guess that this means nothing to his approval. His handling of the pandemic approval is going down...I guess that is me spreading misinformation using a right wing ABC news poll. I mean, if you check the link. Which you obviously did not
    No, that's the segment of the population that believes the vaccine makes you magnetic coming into play. I'd be curious to see why people believe this, because that would be fairly telling.

    Kinda like, not his fault when governors are banning mask mandates, banning private businesses from requiring vaccines, and the state rollout programs in some states is a fuckin travesty.

  11. #10151
    I Don't Work Here Endus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    68,699
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasRules View Post
    Yet you guys say I support Trump with no evidence, just like you trolling me with why I do not post.
    Why do you insist on saying this, when your history is eminently searchable to anyone who bothers?

    Here's you saying you were voting for Trump in a poll from the 2020 Trump Campaign thread; https://www.mmo-champion.com/poll.ph...do=showresults

    You admitted to supporting him. You just want to play silly buggers.


  12. #10152
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Why do you insist on saying this, when your history is eminently searchable to anyone who bothers?

    Here's you saying you were voting for Trump in a poll from the 2020 Trump Campaign thread; https://www.mmo-champion.com/poll.ph...do=showresults

    You admitted to supporting him. You just want to play silly buggers.
    Always weird when people who openly supported Trump for years try to deny it after he lost.

  13. #10153
    I Don't Work Here Endus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    68,699
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Always weird when people who openly supported Trump for years try to deny it after he lost.
    I swear it's because you can edit out or delete posts, but you can't un-vote a poll.


  14. #10154
    oh yay, texastrumpster is back to lie about how much he loves trump. /yawn.

  15. #10155
    Elemental Lord Santti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    8,132
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Always weird when people who openly supported Trump for years try to deny it after he lost.
    We saw it coming a mile away, too. The Great Retcon. The fun thing is, Mr. Texas here isn't the only one to deny it, either. But everyone immediately slinks back into the darkness, after the poll is linked. At least it shows they are capable of shame. Well done Texasrules. There is hope for you yet.
    Last edited by Santti; 2021-08-03 at 03:13 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ransath View Post
    Money laundering, especially prior to his election? I couldn't give a flying fuck.

  16. #10156
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasRules View Post
    Here is that right wing ABC News saying that people are pessimistic about the direction of the country.
    https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/amer...ry?id=79036435


    That right wing media always throwing up biased polls.
    Well gee, I wonder what could be causing that *Looks at Covid going nuts again* Well that can't be it. It has to be something else other than a paRty getting tens of thousands killed, not trying to better America at all, and other wise being huge piss nickles. Gonna need Scooby Doo to figure out this mystery.

    Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

  17. #10157
    Banned Kellhound's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Bank of the Columbia
    Posts
    20,935
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    Well actual engineers disagree with you since the gas tax wasn't pegged to inflation we haven't been doing able to even do maintenance in most states. We have less than half of our roads that are actually in good condition.
    They have been doing ok around here, without having to completely tearing up the roads.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    What other factors dictate whether you can afford thousands of dollars a month for childcare? And no idea what your little anecdote has to do with anything.
    The other factors are if you actually have to pay for childcare, or if would just make things easier for you.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    Wait are you really trying to say having someone watch your kids is not "childcare". ? ? ??


    The whole point right now is that there are millions if not 10s of millions of people who cannot stay home, cannot afford, can't split work shifts, don't have family, are single, are poor, in a community where their "friends" are in the same situation, etc etc.

    That was the whole point of the investment. They were not doing it because of "feels" they were doing it because of the data.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Silly you for not just using Rassmussen.
    Shocked @Ghostpanther what's his name has not come back to the forums to post the polls from the most biased place around.
    I wonder what happened to him.
    As I said, prove you actually need government assistance, and I am ok with it. The key point is actually needing it.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    Why would people be optimistic about the direction the country is heading when roughly half the population seems hell-bent on dragging as many people to the morgue as they can, and a majority of states are desperate to re-enact Jim Crow era-style voter suppression policies?

    I mean, if only there was an overwhelmingly obvious thing that might affect people's outlook on the future...

    Given that significant portions of the country are diametrically opposed to the direction the other significant portion of the country wants to go, it is surprising anyone is optimistic.

  18. #10158
    @Kellhound if you don’t have kids then it’s not going to apply. If you do have kids then it’ll help. You gotta start thinking this stuff through.

  19. #10159
    Banned Kellhound's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Bank of the Columbia
    Posts
    20,935
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    @Kellhound if you don’t have kids then it’s not going to apply. If you do have kids then it’ll help. You gotta start thinking this stuff through.
    I have kids. As a family we decided that it was better for my wife to stay at home and raise the kids even when I was not making great money. It can be done.

    I have thought things through. I fail to see why demanding maximum self responsibility is a bad thing and why expecting a handout from the government is a good thing.

  20. #10160
    Immortal TEHPALLYTANK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Texas(I wish it were CO)
    Posts
    7,286
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    I have kids. As a family we decided that it was better for my wife to stay at home and raise the kids even when I was not making great money. It can be done.

    I have thought things through. I fail to see why demanding maximum self responsibility is a bad thing and why expecting a handout from the government is a good thing.
    I'm calling bullshit on your claim of "not making great money". You're making great money if you're able to cover the expenses of two adults and three children on a single income, in the USA.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •