1. #10721
    Right?
    Don't we have the right to freedom from them?
    They are stepping on my patriotism.

  2. #10722
    The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Look behind you.
    Posts
    3,445
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasRules View Post
    Drunk driving can not be compared to a disease that has a 99.7% survivability.
    Piling onto this, I fucking hate this flippant dismissal of the wider damage actually caused by COVID, because it's willfully ignoring any and all long-term effects many COVID survivors still have to deal with when they get slapped by moderate and severe cases; Lowered Lung Capacity which leads to crippling fatigue, Lingering Neurological damage including Insomnia, Short Term Memory Loss, and severe foggy-headedness that come with the higher likelihood of early onset Dementia. Not to mention the damage it does to ones heart and blood vessels which could increase the risk of heart attacks and strokes.

    Just because the goddamn disease doesn't kill you doesn't mean it can't fuck up your life - or the lives of those around you.

  3. #10723
    Immortal Poopymonster's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Neverland Ranch Survivor
    Posts
    7,256
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollycakes View Post
    Sadly it is.
    Weird how people like Texas cherry pick.
    I have trouble believing that was in Texas.
    Not enough firearms. Not enough blaming it on brown people. No 40K ork looking wall.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok


    If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

  4. #10724
    Merely a Setback Kaleredar's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    phasing...
    Posts
    25,878
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasRules View Post
    This is just a bad comparison. You're trivializing the deaths caused by drunk driving. Drunk driving can not be compared to a disease that has a 99.7% survivability. Don't bother responding, I'm adding you to the rare list of people I ignore.
    Ah, so those 700,000 people who died from COVID just... don't matter?


    Hey, @everyone else, Since I guess I got Texas to puss out over it, keep hitting him with the Drunk driving comparison. That really seems to hit a nerve with him.

    Drunk driving laws are laws that limit personal "freedoms" and "bodily autonomy" designed to prevent harm to others, regardless of what the person might be "personally okay" with risking. No different than vaccine or mask mandates.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2021-10-12 at 10:57 PM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

  5. #10725
    The Insane draynay's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    18,917
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    it's a shame MMOC doesn't permaban for spreading covid misinformation like other social media sites do.
    I keep reporting them all the same, most of them have been getting their 5 points, but I agree with you about the benefit of more severe measures.
    /s

  6. #10726
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    it's a shame MMOC doesn't permaban for spreading covid misinformation like other social media sites do.
    Yuuuuuup. Skroe got banned for saying he'd murder someone who harmed his family. Meanwhile spreading dangerous conspiracy theory shit about COVID that gets thousands of people killed just gets you a one or two week vacation. And heaven forbid you should say out loud that someone's being a sealion.

    Much like America, MMO-C needs a sentencing overhaul.

  7. #10727
    Merely a Setback Kaleredar's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    phasing...
    Posts
    25,878
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Ah, of course it's a bunch of anti-vaxx nutjobs, should have guessed.

    Funny how they're all about "muh freedom" but will try and impose their supposed freedom on others.
    I do hope that these parents educate their children about the batshit insane crazy person that yelled at them that day, and what their "mindset" entails.


    Educating the children is the best way to make sure moronic mindsets like these die out, after all.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

  8. #10728
    When they act like the deacon, they're gonna get called out on it.
    If you insert the word vaxx instead, his part plays out the same.



    Oooo spooky.
    post 666 with a Little Nicky ref just in time for Halloween.

  9. #10729
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasRules View Post
    This is just a bad comparison. You're trivializing the deaths caused by drunk driving. Drunk driving can not be compared to a disease that has a 99.7% survivability. Don't bother responding, I'm adding you to the rare list of people I ignore.
    What an ignorant take.

    On average, 99.997% of car trips don't result in a crash.

    This data is derived from the fact that eSurance says there is about a 1 in 366 chance of getting into a car accident for every 1,000 miles driven. Also, the average trip is 11.5 miles per Statistica. Therefore, you need to make 86 car trips in order to have a 1 in 366 chance of getting into a car accident. That means 1 in 31,476 chance to get into a car accident on any given trip.

    Additionally, your odds of dying in a Motor-Vehicle Crash are 1 in 107. Therefore, your chances of dying on a single car trip are 1 in 3,367,932.

    If you get into a car, you have a 99.9999703081891% chance of surviving your trip.

    If you get Covid, you have a 99.7% chance of surviving Covid.

    Yet we still have seatbelt laws and drunk driving laws. And yet idiots still argue that we shouldn't get the shot and take basic precautions like wearing a mask and social distancing.

  10. #10730
    Biden administration deported seven thousand migrants to Haiti in a month

    Well on this issue he is pissing off people who HATED Trump on his immigration policies and the ones who ironically love it, the Trumpers, will never vote or credit Biden for him getting rid of immigrants.

    Damn if you do...
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

  11. #10731
    Void Lord Breccia's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NY, USA
    Posts
    40,302
    Quote Originally Posted by fwc577 View Post
    Yet we still have seatbelt laws and drunk driving laws.
    That's just not true.

    We also have licenses required to use them. Think of them as "car passports".

    Oh, and mandatory insurance.

    Also you can lose your license if you speed, run stop signs, park in handicapped areas, blast through construction zones, road rage, hit someone on the crosswalk, etc.

    You need a special commercial license to drive a bus or a big rig.

    You need to take your car to be inspected and registered every year or two. Which I guess in this metaphor are mandatory boosters.

    I mean, the list goes on and on. And best of my knowledge, we didn't have 45 million people get in auto accidents in the last year and a half.

  12. #10732
    Breccia omg.
    Just.fucking.realized.that.
    Where's my yellow star?
    I'm outraged.
    My Camry is a death camp.
    I'm being oppressed.

    haha holy shit alskjisjdfhskdjfhgsdkjfh

  13. #10733
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

  14. #10734
    Void Lord Breccia's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NY, USA
    Posts
    40,302
    Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    Amazing if this is really, really enforced.
    We've all seen of the CEO with 19 cookies, pointing to the minimum wage worker with one cookie, saying "that immigrant wants to steal your cookie". A common demonization is "they want your job" which, again, is only possible if someone's willing to pay them. If there were zero Americans willing to hire illegal immigrants, there would be zero illegal immigrants coming for a job. Also, if your boss fires you to hire an illegal, that says more about the opinion about your boss has about you and your job than the illegal.

    I hope this goes forward. Simply put, as long as businesses dangle that carrot, we'll keep getting rabbits.

  15. #10735
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollycakes View Post
    Right?
    Don't we have the right to freedom from them?
    They are stepping on my patriotism.
    You're talking about people who believe that they own the concept of patriotism, because they conflate the concept of "the country" with their party's agenda.

  16. #10736
    Merely a Setback Kaleredar's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    phasing...
    Posts
    25,878
    Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    This is smart in a couple ways.

    One, it's a good idea.

    Two, optically, it's much harder for republicans to oppose this, at least vocally and publicly. I'm sure the prospect of their rich friends no longer being able to profit from paying pennies to the dollar while supplying no benefits to staff hard labor positions at their companies probably chagrins them (and their pocketbooks,) but it's difficult for them to come out and oppose it by saying "No, we should totes let businesses hire illegal immigrants.

    But of course that doesn't mean they won't try. Because after all, a democrat suggested it, so they have to oppose it. I'm going to assume they're going to phrase it as "hardworking corporations are being told who they can and can't hire by big government, and the Biden administration REFUSES to go after the illegals themselves."
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

  17. #10737
    Please do not derail the thread by discussing moderation. It has nothing to do with Biden or Harris.

    We catch up to offenders eventually, but cannot be on hand around the clock.

  18. #10738
    Immortal Poopymonster's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Neverland Ranch Survivor
    Posts
    7,256
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    This is smart in a couple ways.

    One, it's a good idea.

    Two, optically, it's much harder for republicans to oppose this, at least vocally and publicly. I'm sure the prospect of their rich friends no longer being able to profit from paying pennies to the dollar while supplying no benefits to staff hard labor positions at their companies probably chagrins them (and their pocketbooks,) but it's difficult for them to come out and oppose it by saying "No, we should totes let businesses hire illegal immigrants.

    But of course that doesn't mean they won't try. Because after all, a democrat suggested it, so they have to oppose it. I'm going to assume they're going to phrase it as "hardworking corporations are being told who they can and can't hire by big government, and the Biden administration REFUSES to go after the illegals themselves."
    Republicans will call it expensive regulation, it'll drive up prices, and destroy the free market.
    Meaning it'll cost their donors more money, make their donors hire legal residents, and hopefully raise the pay in back breaking fields above the equivalent of tipped minimum wages.
    But without those silly tips.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok


    If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

  19. #10739
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    This is smart in a couple ways.

    One, it's a good idea.

    Two, optically, it's much harder for republicans to oppose this, at least vocally and publicly. I'm sure the prospect of their rich friends no longer being able to profit from paying pennies to the dollar while supplying no benefits to staff hard labor positions at their companies probably chagrins them (and their pocketbooks,) but it's difficult for them to come out and oppose it by saying "No, we should totes let businesses hire illegal immigrants.

    But of course that doesn't mean they won't try. Because after all, a democrat suggested it, so they have to oppose it. I'm going to assume they're going to phrase it as "hardworking corporations are being told who they can and can't hire by big government, and the Biden administration REFUSES to go after the illegals themselves."
    I mean I wish the Dems focused on this a long time ago, even during the primaries where they were almost getting cornered into saying they would let immigrants in no matter what (again perception, not the facts).

    This is where my wokeness comes in <snark> and say the Dems want to be pro-business and protect them from themselves by hiring cheap labor and not getting punished. So yeah this seems like easy policy to win the national argument. Now I guess most Trumpers who hate these immigrants bases on skin color basically and not the facts.

    The facts are and were always that Companies, employers always had the choice of hiring this cheap labor. Even as we see now that Employers always demanded cheap labor and people who entered here supplied that. We all know its easy to see in the agricultural business, but moved to restaurant, service industry and of course to jobs what I say Americans won't work for the pay being offered. Even the argument of what was good paying jobs, aka construction jobs are again the Businesses choosing to hire cheap labor over people who demand a living wage.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post
    Republicans will call it expensive regulation, it'll drive up prices, and destroy the free market.
    Meaning it'll cost their donors more money, make their donors hire legal residents, and hopefully raise the pay in back breaking fields above the equivalent of tipped minimum wages.
    But without those silly tips.
    Ironically the Trumpers, the maga's, who want every job to return to the United States and of course not realizing automation killing jobs, would be they would have to work for the wages we pay overseas. What is that? Like $5/day.

    Even the free market Republicans wet dream of there would be so many jobs that it would naturally drive up the wages by demand of the labor market. Ironically again, this is what's happening now. Maybe not because of job growth, but realizing that working for the wage they were is not worth it. So what are most Republicans bitching about? Well, of course people not wanting to work unless they get a higher, living wage worth their value.

    It's just a great trick that the very rich have convinced enough of the people, that some immigrant is taking your job. I mean when the rich get together they must laugh out loud at the Con.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

  20. #10740
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    That's just not true.

    We also have licenses required to use them. Think of them as "car passports".

    Oh, and mandatory insurance.

    Also you can lose your license if you speed, run stop signs, park in handicapped areas, blast through construction zones, road rage, hit someone on the crosswalk, etc.

    You need a special commercial license to drive a bus or a big rig.

    You need to take your car to be inspected and registered every year or two. Which I guess in this metaphor are mandatory boosters.

    I mean, the list goes on and on. And best of my knowledge, we didn't have 45 million people get in auto accidents in the last year and a half.
    Funny i was thinking all this, this morning while driving for work.

    Could you imagine all the safety items that would be removed if we used the same logic they use for "only x% died from covid"

    Also you can lose your job if the requirement of your employer is to have a Car and Licenses. OMG MAH FREEDUM how can they fire me for not having a car, i am totally going to sue Uber for not paying me even though I don't have a car!!!


    What about bible verse... ummm... picks random one and bends it to my needs....that's says I don't need a license because Jesus said so!! Of course the bible was very supportive of "regulations" "taxes" and "govt rights" to mandate all kinds of things especially taxes.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •