10+ Year Old Account
    A little late but at least it's before the holidays, Biden's Education Department steps in to tackle DeSantis.

The Florida Department of Education has unlawfully — and explicitly — reduced the amount of state aid provided to Florida school districts based on their receipt of federal funds
    Yep, even a Trump dicksucker like DeSantis has to pay contracts he signed. DeSantis could return the federal money, I guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    A little late but at least it's before the holidays, Biden's Education Department steps in to tackle DeSantis.

Yep, even a Trump dicksucker like DeSantis has to pay contracts he signed. DeSantis could return the federal money, I guess.
    Or he's emulating his favorite ̶d̶i̶c̶k̶ ̶t̶a̶s̶t̶e̶r̶ dictator by not paying his contracts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Shit man, conservative media are really losing their shit over the proposed payments to the victims who had their children kidnapped by the US government under Trump at the border.

Disingenuously and dishonestly framing it as a payment to all immigrants? Yep.
    Complaining about the cost? Check.
    Ignoring that this is in response to an intentional policy of the US government kidnapping, and often losing track of, children from their parents at the border? Check.
    Asking gold-star families what they think about this potential move despite it having nothing to do with them? Check.

Are any of them like, actually acknowledging that the US government, under the Trump administration, kidnapped thousands of children from their parents, losing track of hundreds of them which groups like the ACLU are still working to reunite? No. Not a one.

Just Biden bad for wanting to pay restitution to the families that the US government ripped apart and traumatized.

10+ Year Old Account
    Biden apologizes for Trump leaving the Paris accord, and promises to do what he so the US can do its part.

"Why should he apologize? He's not the one who left."

Well, he kind of said that.

I guess I shouldn’t apologize, but I do apologize for the fact the United States in the last administration pulled out of the Paris accords and put us sort of behind the eight ball a little bit,
    The passing of the torch from a country's leader to the next will always cause issues, but damn, Trump took steps to ensure there would be a ton of them. Afghanistan stands out.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Shit man, conservative media are really losing their shit over the proposed payments to the victims who had their children kidnapped by the US government under Trump at the border.
    Of course they are. Losing their shit, misrepresenting matters, and indulging in slippery-slope fallacies so as to feign concern about unlikely unintended consequences are pretty much their stock in trade.

Are any of them like, actually acknowledging that the US government, under the Trump administration, kidnapped thousands of children from their parents, losing track of hundreds of them which groups like the ACLU are still working to reunite? No. Not a one.

Just Biden bad for wanting to pay restitution to the families that the US government ripped apart and traumatized.
    Also comes as no surprise. If they haven't designated you as worthy, you aren't entirely "real" to them. And one of their criteria for worthiness is "U.S. citizen."

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dacia Ultan View Post
    Also comes as no surprise. If they haven't designated you as worthy, you aren't entirely "real" to them. And one of their criteria for worthiness is "U.S. citizen."
    'U.S. Citizen' also having a criteria that isn't actually a Citizen of the U.S.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Is Chuck Grassley celebrating Biden's admin, or is he trying to complain that the fentanyl wasn't allowed into the US?
    Damn man, sounds like CBP is doing a great job of stopping drugs from entering the country. Good job CBP, that's what you're actually supposed to be doing!

Overlooked from NBC poll: Republicans now hold the largest partisan advantage on "dealing with the economy" (R+18) in the history of the survey, since October 1991.

I just give up. I'm done. During Trump's administration we had the third largest increase in national debt and this was not even the full blunt of COVID. Yet, idiots think they have a grip on the economy. Is Biden and everything the Dems do the best? No. Yet, the Republicans cause so much damage yet they brand themselves as the cry babies of Gubbbbberment spending and con people that taxing wealthy means taxing them.

The razor thin margins you need to win today and the Economy is always the top spot for voters, this will feed into the fascism party.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Man, Democrats really need to lean into the Republican playbook more often, because that slander and those lies are effective. Gotta fight fire with fire, and that anyone thinks the Republican party has a competent position on the economy is beyond farsical.

They passed a majority unpopular tax cut, which is itself an astounding achievement in how they have no clue what they're doing with the economy. Doubly so given that all those big windfalls for corporations didn't go towards hiring or improved salaries or more services/benefits, but largely instead went towards stock buybacks and more rounds of layoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by bladeXcrasher View Post
    'U.S. Citizen' also having a criteria that isn't actually a Citizen of the U.S.
    Well, yeah. If you're not white and have either a Spanish name or a non-European one, they'll imply that you're naturalized even if you're natural-born; and if you are naturalized (or perceived thusly), they'll question your citizenship unless you're white.

But being white is another of their criteria for worthiness all on its own (although it can be bypassed by being a sufficiently enthusiastic ideological human shield); and naturalized citizens are expected to be "grateful" to be here and refrain from criticism of the status quo (unless they're white and/or sufficiently enthusiastic ideological human shields). So their criteria for "worthiness" are a whole big fat can of big fat entangled wiggly worms...which, from their perspective, is probably part of the point.

It's probably because of stupid shit like gas prices and chip shortages. Virtually every Trump supporter I know blames Biden, therefore dems are bad for the economy.

No, it doesn't make sense. But that's what they're thinking.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    It's probably because of stupid shit like gas prices and chip shortages. Virtually every Trump supporter I know blames Biden, therefore dems are bad for the economy.

Yeah we're still very much in a 'COVID Economy' but Top Minds who've gotten it into their heads that a President's Economic Plans take effect the moment they are sworn into office are laying the blame on the guy who's not even at fault.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyonai View Post
    Yeah we're still very much in a 'COVID Economy' but Top Minds who've gotten it into their heads that a President's Economic Plans take effect the moment they are sworn into office are laying the blame on the guy who's not even at fault.
    We are talking about people who credit Trump for every day the DOW went up, but not it crashed and Trump got like 4 of the top 10 worst single-day declines in history.

"Oh but that was COVID!"

(points at Xyonai's post) Pick a lane.

Also, while I'm no expert, I'm willing to bet the steepness of Trump's market crash could have been reduced by, for example, having a plan and taking it seriously. Trump tried denying that there was ever going to be a problem ever ever, but he couldn't hold back world news from the people whose job the market is. There's a vast, fatass gap between "it's just one person from Jyna" and "we're taking steps as we speak, I have the best expert in the world, Dr. Fauci, with me right now. You'll notice he's not murdering puppies. I don't know why I'd have to tell people that, but I am."

Sen. Joe Manchin says he won't support the $1.75 trillion bill Democrats are negotiating until there is "greater clarity" on the economic impact https://t.co/Zv3auFs8Sb
    https://twitter.com/CNNPolitics/stat...rpOHNCYGQ&s=19

Well here comes Senator shitter again. First he nixxed full $3.9 trillion, remember over 10 year. Then every progressive item was just gutted with climate change and paid leave.

Now Manchin is shitting on the gutted bill. I know, I know, Manchin talks rough then agrees. It is already gutted and him acting like an asshole before voting this bill.

Manchin is tiring do tiring tho and his 'look at me' is too much.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    https://twitter.com/CNNPolitics/stat...rpOHNCYGQ&s=19

Well here comes Senator shitter again. First he nixxed full $3.9 trillion, remember over 10 year. Then every progressive item was just gutted with climate change and paid leave.

Now Manchin is shitting on the gutted bill. I know, I know, Manchin talks rough then agrees. It is already gutted and him acting like an asshole before voting this bill.

Manchin is tiring do tiring tho and his 'look at me' is too much.
    At this point I am past caring whether or not this bill passes I just don't want to hear about Manchin or Sinema, Biden has effectively given up on leading and let the Kim Kardashians of politics shape the narrative and the bill. It's not compromise it's let's give Manchin and Sinema everything they want.

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    Biden has effectively given up on leading and let the Kim Kardashians of politics shape the narrative and the bill. It's not compromise it's let's give Manchin and Sinema everything they want.
    What exactly do you propose he do about it? He's held several meetings with all of them and publicly (and I suspect privately) exhorted them to get it done because it's what the people want. Short of blackmail, what do you think Biden could possibly do to get them to immediately vote for his policies instead of grandstanding like assholes? The office of President really doesn't have much power with respect to this--though it's understandable that you could forget that given that the GOP just rubber-stamped most of whatever Trump said on the daily.

Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post

Their logic is simple: if it's a positive, credit goes to their guy, no matter how little sense that makes. If it's a negative: blame whichever designated enemy currently has the most pull, no matter how little sense that makes.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    We are talking about people who credit Trump for every day the DOW went up, but not it crashed and Trump got like 4 of the top 10 worst single-day declines in history.
    Oh, it gets even weirder: Immediately after the election, they started crediting him for the economy continuing the up-swing that it had already been on beforehand. Keep also in mind that up until then, they had been either complaining that the economy was recovering "too slowly," or ignoring the recovery and subsequent up-swing altogether in favor of accusing Obama of "destroying" it. Because, well..see above for their logic.

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    At this point I am past caring whether or not this bill passes I just don't want to hear about Manchin or Sinema, Biden has effectively given up on leading and let the Kim Kardashians of politics shape the narrative and the bill. It's not compromise it's let's give Manchin and Sinema everything they want.
    Because that's the sadly practical nature of the current situation. It's what folks warned about after the election results, tempering expectations of a liberal/progressive next 2-4 years due to the razor thin majority that relied on very moderate/conservative members. Sinema wasn't part of this at the time, it was just Manchin, but it's not something that Democrats or Biden can force either of them to move on. Hell, them bucking Biden largely stands to gain at least Manchin points in some circumstances.

But it's better than the alternatives which include "nothing", which is why despite his criticisms of the shrinking nature and losing a lot funding for key areas like climate change, practical progressives like Sanders are out there selling this bill and pushing for more with it, because even if it's considerably less than the initial $3.5T scope it's still a big step in the right direction, and hopefully something, like the ACA, that gains more popularity and change the minds of more Americans about government spending.

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    What exactly do you propose he do about it? He's held several meetings with all of them and publicly (and I suspect privately) exhorted them to get it done because it's what the people want. Short of blackmail, what do you think Biden could possibly do to get them to immediately vote for his policies instead of grandstanding like assholes? The office of President really doesn't have much power with respect to this--though it's understandable that you could forget that given that the GOP just rubber-stamped most of whatever Trump said on the daily.
    It's all about optics say what you want about Trump but at least he understood public relations, the public perception is that Biden is being taken to the cleaners by Manchin. You simply have to look at today Joe Manchin just completely humiliated the president on the world's stage and for that there will barely be a wimper barely a bark. So yes Biden should have been an asshole about it even if he was a cuddle bunny behind the scenes because he is feeding into an pre-existing image and cliche about democratic president that they are spineless and incompetent.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Because that's the sadly practical nature of the current situation. It's what folks warned about after the election results, tempering expectations of a liberal/progressive next 2-4 years due to the razor thin majority that relied on very moderate/conservative members. Sinema wasn't part of this at the time, it was just Manchin, but it's not something that Democrats or Biden can force either of them to move on. Hell, them bucking Biden largely stands to gain at least Manchin points in some circumstances.

But it's better than the alternatives which include "nothing", which is why despite his criticisms of the shrinking nature and losing a lot funding for key areas like climate change, practical progressives like Sanders are out there selling this bill and pushing for more with it, because even if it's considerably less than the initial $3.5T scope it's still a big step in the right direction, and hopefully something, like the ACA, that gains more popularity and change the minds of more Americans about government spending.
    Didn't you just hear what Manchin has now said publicly? he just publicly spanked Biden and reports have said behind the scenes he is fine with doing nothing. This entire agenda still has a high chance of going down in flames.

Manchin and Sinema are the products of their respective constituencies. Dealing with them was always going to be a shitshow.