1. #11081
    Quote Originally Posted by D3thray View Post
    Experience aside as it appears you have more direct interactions than I with respect to CBP, are you implying you only see instances of white racists being covered for in CBP or that a majority of racists in CBP are white?

    Don’t mean to get into the weeds but I guess I’m hypersensitive to framing these days.
    The poster from this forum was a white male. Most of the people we've found in government employment were white males, with a low number of females. Ironically, we did find a Lebanese guy who was part of the "European Identity" movement, but was actually outed, because he went on a rage when the groups wouldn't let him in. That one made me chuckle. I'm not implying that's the only thing I've seen, but that is what the main rot is.

    I wouldn't say I only see that, but the strong majority that I have seen is that type.

    Lots of racism.

    Lots of support for "Western chauvinism."

    Lots of hatred for immigrants, both legal and illegal.

    Lots of hatred of liberals, especially the "Squad."

    I definitely don't have all the numbers, but I can say that hundreds have been outed.

  2. #11082
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    The poster from this forum was a white male. Most of the people we've found in government employment were white males, with a low number of females. Ironically, we did find a Lebanese guy who was part of the "European Identity" movement, but was actually outed, because he went on a rage when the groups wouldn't let him in. That one made me chuckle. I'm not implying that's the only thing I've seen, but that is what the main rot is.

    I wouldn't say I only see that, but the strong majority that I have seen is that type.

    Lots of racism.

    Lots of support for "Western chauvinism."

    Lots of hatred for immigrants, both legal and illegal.

    Lots of hatred of liberals, especially the "Squad."

    I definitely don't have all the numbers, but I can say that hundreds have been outed.
    Definitely explains a lot more about your perspectives, thanks

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Fairly telling that this is what you're choosing to harp on rather than... you know... the abuses CBP and ICE are committing.
    Not at all, but if we’re bringing race into the mix I like to know exactly what we’re talking about. Plus Machismo self admits to working in a field I have little experience with so I was curious as to where they were coming from.

  3. #11083
    Quote Originally Posted by D3thray View Post
    Definitely explains a lot more about your perspectives, thanks

    - - - Updated - - -



    Not at all, but if we’re bringing race into the mix I like to know exactly what we’re talking about. Plus Machismo self admits to working in a field I have little experience with so I was curious as to where they were coming from.
    Yep, I get to see all sorts of racist shitbags. Sadly, the CBP, DHS, police departments, DOD, and military have lots of them.

    Do you know what almost every single one of them has in common? They are Trump supporters.

    I should note, that's not the field I work in, that started as a hobby, tracking how the usage of buzzwords spreads, and it ties in somewhat with a small company I own, which deals a great deal with advertising, behavior, and decision making. But, that area and the spread of white supremacy and ethno-nationalism aren't far apart.
    Last edited by Machismo; 2021-09-26 at 03:05 PM.

  4. #11084
    Void Lord Elegiac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Love, Cassie & Nina
    Posts
    55,897
    Quote Originally Posted by D3thray View Post
    Not at all, but if we’re bringing race into the mix I like to know exactly what we’re talking about.
    Indeed; so you can bog the discussion down in pointless tangents rather than the actual issue at here, that being the brutalization of asylum seekers by American law enforcement.

    But again, the fact you seem to take more issue with people pointing out the proliferation of racists in ICE and CBP than you do with said brutalization is fairly telling.

    Couldn't possibly be a defensive reflex, could it?
    You're not "playing devil's advocate", you're making someone who is likely speaking from personal experience defend themselves against the shitty and oppressive opinion you're too embarrassed to admit you actually believe in. It's you. You're the devil.

  5. #11085
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    When someone comes back to a forum after a decade, and goes right to posting shit like the last bunch of posts you have in this thread, and a handful of other posts complaining about "woke" things, I'd wager other people aren't really the agenda-driven ones.
    Wow Uni, I was thinking this same thing.
    I noticed it yesterday and thought, after that long, with so few posts and only now is adding to them with this subject, is fucking weird.
    You guys sum stuff better than I can lol.
    Also, why.
    What motivated them to come back and do it now.
    It's all weird.
    People are weird.
    Burner accounts are weird.

  6. #11086
    Man, remember when Democrats voted to raise the debt ceiling multiple times under the Trump administration, and a Republican controlled Congress for two years? And how they "got nothing" out of it outside of, you know, keeping the country running and not defaulting? Even as Republicans gutted revenue and drove up the debt at record rates?

    Those were fun time. I'm glad to see that Republicans are seemingly happy to play this game of chicken and potentially let the country default to own the Democrats. Real patriots there.

    We can quibble about the debt, but not raising the debt ceiling and defaulting is the worst possible option no matter your opinion on the debt.

    It's a shame that Democrats haven't strong-armed Manchin and Sinema into doing what's right, but I guess they're too busy cozying up to big corporate donors since they know they can get lavished with campaign/PAC donations and other benefits for being piece of shit sticks in the mud.

    It's been amusing seeing Sinema go from LGBTQ+ hero to a reviled pariah for her shenanigans.

  7. #11087
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Man, remember when Democrats voted to raise the debt ceiling multiple times under the Trump administration, and a Republican controlled Congress for two years? And how they "got nothing" out of it outside of, you know, keeping the country running and not defaulting? Even as Republicans gutted revenue and drove up the debt at record rates?

    Those were fun time. I'm glad to see that Republicans are seemingly happy to play this game of chicken and potentially let the country default to own the Democrats. Real patriots there.

    We can quibble about the debt, but not raising the debt ceiling and defaulting is the worst possible option no matter your opinion on the debt.

    It's a shame that Democrats haven't strong-armed Manchin and Sinema into doing what's right, but I guess they're too busy cozying up to big corporate donors since they know they can get lavished with campaign/PAC donations and other benefits for being piece of shit sticks in the mud.

    It's been amusing seeing Sinema go from LGBTQ+ hero to a reviled pariah for her shenanigans.
    The democrats do not need Republicans to raise the debt ceiling, they can do it on their own.
    https://www.politico.com/news/2021/0...trategy-514469
    One of your favorite punching bags says it's going to happen anyways:
    McConnell confidently predicted that Democrats will raise the debt ceiling “because we always do,” though typically both parties support an increase.

    “I know the country is not going to default. I know they have the votes to do this,” McConnell said in an interview. “I don't have any doubt that they will take care of this.”

  8. #11088
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasRules View Post
    The democrats do not need Republicans to raise the debt ceiling, they can do it on their own.
    https://www.politico.com/news/2021/0...trategy-514469
    One of your favorite punching bags says it's going to happen anyways:
    They need 60 votes. How do you figure they have it unless 10 Republicans join the Democrats? Do you not know how shit works now? Jesus fucking christ.

  9. #11089
    Why are all the generals testifying that they recommended to Biden that he leave 2500 troops to stay in Afghanistan during the withdrawal?
    Why did he ignore them?

    https://www.politico.com/news/2021/0...hearing-514491

    Gen. Kenneth "Frank" McKenzie, the commander of U.S. Central Command, told the Senate Armed Services in a hearing Tuesday that he recommended maintaining a small force of 2,500 troops in Afghanistan earlier this year.

    He also noted that in the fall of 2020, during the Trump administration, he advised that the U.S. maintain a force almost double the size, of 4,500 troops, in Afghanistan.
    During the hearing on Tuesday, Inhofe next asked Gen. Mark Milley, chair of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, if he agreed with the recommendation to leave 2,500 troops on the ground. Milley answered affirmatively.
    During the interview, Stephanopoulos asked Biden point blank: “So no one told — your military advisers did not tell you, "No, we should just keep 2,500 troops. It's been a stable situation for the last several years. We can do that. We can continue to do that"?

    Biden answered: “No. No one said that to me that I can recall.”
    Biden is either lying about what he was told, or he really doesn't remember what a few Generals recommended he do.

  10. #11090
    I Don't Work Here Endus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    69,913
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasRules View Post
    Why are all the generals testifying that they recommended to Biden that he leave 2500 troops to stay in Afghanistan during the withdrawal?
    Why did he ignore them?

    https://www.politico.com/news/2021/0...hearing-514491


    Biden is either lying about what he was told, or he really doesn't remember what a few Generals recommended he do.
    Maybe you should ask why Trump didn't listen to them when he established that the USA was going to pull out in full and set the schedule for that to occur.

    But that would involve questioning the Orange Fuhrer, and you're not here to do that, you're here to make up shit and attack Biden no matter how ridiculous that shit you've invented may be.


  11. #11091
    Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    They need 60 votes. How do you figure they have it unless 10 Republicans join the Democrats? Do you not know how shit works now? Jesus fucking christ.
    So reconciliation needs 60 votes? Please link to me where that is. After cursing Jesus to make your point, please enlighten us on how reconciliation works, you know, how shit works. Please

  12. #11092
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasRules View Post
    Why are all the generals testifying that they recommended to Biden that he leave 2500 troops to stay in Afghanistan during the withdrawal?
    Why did he ignore them?

    https://www.politico.com/news/2021/0...hearing-514491







    Biden is either lying about what he was told, or he really doesn't remember what a few Generals recommended he do.
    You do know, that the only reason there was 2500 there in the first place, and that Biden had to send thousands more in, was because of Trump? You think they took the fucking military out first?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by TexasRules View Post
    So reconciliation needs 60 votes? Please link to me where that is. After cursing Jesus to make your point, please enlighten us on how reconciliation works, you know, how shit works. Please
    They aren't going to waste a reconciliation vote on a fucking standard procedure vote. JESUS FUCKING CHRIST, and I will say it fucking again. They have ALWAYS raised the debt ceiling, especially since this is all money that has been used by them and Trump.

  13. #11093
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Maybe you should ask why Trump didn't listen to them when he established that the USA was going to pull out in full and set the schedule for that to occur.

    But that would involve questioning the Orange Fuhrer, and you're not here to do that, you're here to make up shit and attack Biden no matter how ridiculous that shit you've invented may be.
    How is Joe Biden ignoring his general's recommendations Trump's fault? If you bothered to read the article from te right wing politico, the general said he told Trump to leave 4500 troops there. Why are you bringing Trump in to a question of why Joe Biden, THE CURRENT PESIDENT, ignored the recommendations of his generals and did not leave support behind? why can't you answer a simple question instead of dodging it or trying to change the subject?

    Simple question, did Biden ignore his general's recommendations and then lie about it? I have quotes from the generals and Biden. You have Trump. how is that an answer?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    They aren't going to waste a reconciliation vote on a fucking standard procedure vote. JESUS FUCKING CHRIST, and I will say it fucking again. They have ALWAYS raised the debt ceiling, especially since this is all money that has been used by them and Trump.
    Strange, you seem to like cursing at Jesus a lot. You did not answer if what I said was correct. I proved you wrong and you come back with something I already posted. If you would actually read what the democrats say, Schumer said they could not go the reconciliation route because of time constraints. Not that they wouldn't have, but that they could nto because of time. Had they started it earlier in the year, they could have. I am waiting for you to enlighten me on what I said was wrong and to explain how shit works. You getting all riled up because you think you know everything. Please explain how shit works and how I am wrong
    Senate Majority Leader Charles Schumer (D-N.Y.) on Tuesday ruled out using the budget reconciliation process to raise the debt limit with only Democratic votes.

    “Going through reconciliation is risky to the country and is a non-starter,” Schumer declared at a press conference after meeting with the Senate Democratic conference.

    “It’s very, very risky,” he added. “We’re not pursuing that.”
    So it can be used, he just does not want to try. I proved you wrong and you will come back with cursing at Jesus and no answer. Please explain how shit works.
    Last edited by TexasRules; 2021-09-28 at 07:29 PM.

  14. #11094
    I Don't Work Here Endus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    69,913
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasRules View Post
    So reconciliation needs 60 votes? Please link to me where that is. After cursing Jesus to make your point, please enlighten us on how reconciliation works, you know, how shit works. Please
    https://www.reuters.com/world/us/wha...it-2021-09-26/

    They need 60 votes (which they don't have) to get it through the Senate under normal procedure.

    Reconciliation is a highly restricted option, and it isn't an option that's required, and Republicans engaging in partisan dickery to avoid necessary legislation being passed, and forcing Democrats to use reconciliation instead, is not a defensible or reasonable position. It's the Republicans being hypocritical and unAmerican shitheads.


  15. #11095
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasRules View Post
    Why are all the generals testifying that they recommended to Biden that he leave 2500 troops to stay in Afghanistan during the withdrawal?
    Why did he ignore them?

    https://www.politico.com/news/2021/0...hearing-514491







    Biden is either lying about what he was told, or he really doesn't remember what a few Generals recommended he do.
    Guess you missed the testimony today where General Milley testified that on November 11, 2020, that Trump gave an order to remove ALL TROOPS in Afghanistan before Trump left office. Even though he had an agreement with them, until May.

    But you do you, ignore fucking reality, try to blame everything on Biden. Jesus fucking christ.

  16. #11096
    Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    You do know, that the only reason there was 2500 there in the first place, and that Biden had to send thousands more in, was because of Trump? You think they took the fucking military out first
    If they stayed, then why are we complaining there are still Americans in Afghanistan and the military is gone?

  17. #11097
    I Don't Work Here Endus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    69,913
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasRules View Post
    How is Joe Biden ignoring his general's recommendations Trump's fault?
    Because Biden is abiding by pre-existing international agreements that he's legally obligated to abide by, and can't just ignore because his generals advise him otherwise.

    This shit is really fucking obvious, and there's no way you're not aware of it. You're lying about the facts, the engage in partisan chicanery, because you're not interested in actual discussion.

    Strange, you seem to like cursing at Jesus a lot.
    Jesus is welcome to tell us to stop, if He likes. Also, "Jesus fucking Christ" is not cursing at Jesus. It's cursing with Jesus.

    Otherwise, you can stuff the tone policing garbage.


  18. #11098
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasRules View Post
    How is Joe Biden ignoring his general's recommendations Trump's fault? If you bothered to read the article from te right wing politico, the general said he told Trump to leave 4500 troops there. Why are you bringing Trump in to a question of why Joe Biden, THE CURRENT PESIDENT, ignored the recommendations of his generals and did not leave support behind? why can't you answer a simple question instead of dodging it or trying to change the subject?

    Simple question, did Biden ignore his general's recommendations and then lie about it? I have quotes from the generals and Biden. You have Trump. how is that an answer?

    - - - Updated - - -



    Strange, you seem to like cursing at Jesus a lot. You did not answer if what I said was correct. I proved you wrong and you come back with something I already posted. If you would actually read what the democrats say, Schumer said they could not go the reconciliation route because of time constraints. Not that they wouldn't have, but that they could nto because of time. Had they started it earlier in the year, they could have. I am waiting for you to enlighten me on what I said was wrong and to explain how shit works. You getting all riled up because you think you know everything. Please explain how shit works and how I am wrong


    So it can be used, he just does not want to try. I proved you wrong and you will come back with cursing at Jesus and no answer. Please explain how shit works.
    Sorry, I don't care about mythical creatures, so it is fun making fun of them. You didn't prove me wrong, you just showed how fucking ignorant you are of the fucking process. And they will and should NEVER use reconciliation for a procedural vote they have NEVER had to use reconciliation on before.

    And I CLEARLY know more than you.

  19. #11099
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    https://www.reuters.com/world/us/wha...it-2021-09-26/

    They need 60 votes (which they don't have) to get it through the Senate under normal procedure.

    Reconciliation is a highly restricted option, and it isn't an option that's required, and Republicans engaging in partisan dickery to avoid necessary legislation being passed, and forcing Democrats to use reconciliation instead, is not a defensible or reasonable position. It's the Republicans being hypocritical and unAmerican shitheads.
    You mean like every politician does? They are all the same, and you know it. I am waiting for you to answer why Joe Biden lied about his generals telling him to leave troops behind. Are you trying to find another way to blame Trump?

  20. #11100
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasRules View Post
    If they stayed, then why are we complaining there are still Americans in Afghanistan and the military is gone?
    Because those people CHOSE to stay. They were warned to leave for fucking MONTHS to get out. They had til August 31st to leave or be ready to leave when the last transporter left. They didn't, they fucked themselves.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by TexasRules View Post
    You mean like every politician does? They are all the same, and you know it. I am waiting for you to answer why Joe Biden lied about his generals telling him to leave troops behind. Are you trying to find another way to blame Trump?
    Probably because we shouldn't leave troops behind, we were leaving. And thanks to what Trump negotiated, we couldn't leave troops behind.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •