https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-b2136788.html

400 children kidnapped by CPB/ICE as part of Trump's policy to kidnap children from asylum seekers without taking records to ensure they can be reunited, have been reunited with their families so far.

This is good shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Moment when the PACT Act Passes 86-11.

Rumor is, Rand Paul felt a familiar crushing sensation.
    Government Affiliated Snark

Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    honesty i dont care about it that much but you can't look at hunters career and not think daddy put a word in somewhere.
    A rich kid using connections isn't the same as Daddy handing you positions in government.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

10+ Year Old Account
    Speaking of rich kids. Remember that Romney just voted against veterans.
    I know people like to gush all over him once-every-two-years when he flashes the bare-minimum of human decency.... he's not worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Midterm Voter View Post
    I know people like to gush all over him once-every-two-years when he flashes the bare-minimum of human decency.... he's not worth it.
    This. He’s an old-school R, and while that makes him better than the newest crop of GQP fake legislators, he’s still slime.

Rand Paul, much like Cruz, is only there to be contrarian because they crave attention or something. I swear that has to be it otherwise there is no reason not to vote for healthcare for veterans other than wanting to see people harmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gondrin View Post
    Rand Paul, much like Cruz, is only there to be contrarian because they crave attention or something. I swear that has to be it otherwise there is no reason not to vote for healthcare for veterans other than wanting to see people harmed.
    One is a faux Libertarian who's premise is "Why should I help other people, why make the world a better place for others?"
    The other is a coward who's licking his wife's lips clean after she spent 15 minutes alone with Trump.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

I’ll take 8 Romneys and 12 Murkowskis over most of the GOP senate. They’re occasionally civilized and will usually follow the money.

I suspect Lee and Romney would’ve voted for it if more of that VA cheddar was sent to Utah.

Edit:
    https://www.va.gov/vetdata/statesummaries.asp

With some random sampling, it looks like Utah gets less money. Their vet population isn't the highest but Puerto Rico gets twice the money while having 2/3 the Vets. I sense some saltiness.
    Last edited by Ivanstone; 2022-08-03 at 03:25 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    I’ll take 8 Romneys and 12 Murkowskis over most of the GOP senate. They’re occasionally civilized and will usually follow the money.

I suspect Lee and Romney would’ve voted for it if more of that VA cheddar was sent to Utah.

Edit:
    https://www.va.gov/vetdata/statesummaries.asp

With some random sampling, it looks like Utah gets less money. Their vet population isn't the highest but Puerto Rico gets twice the money while having 2/3 the Vets. I sense some saltiness.
    He cant be Saltier than the Lake.
    • Romney voted no, because he doesnt like to be reminded his Personal VietnamTM was a French villa in countryside.
    • The Mothership is general antagonistic towards federal support programs. It prefers that people are more dependent on them for salvation. Next stop, planet Kolob!

He cant be Saltier than the Lake.
    • Romney voted no, because he doesnt like to be reminded his Personal VietnamTM was a French villa in countryside.
    • The Mothership is general antagonistic towards federal support programs. It prefers that people are more dependent on them for salvation. Next stop, planet Kolob!
    Mothership at least takes care of its residents. Which is a lot better than all of the other red states which expect all of the faith and give none of the service.

10+ Year Old Account
    HEre's another one for the pendants that struggle to understand how framing influences the public's perception of politics.

Haberman got flagged by Twitter for her context-free tweet of the president. She is a "journalist" at a newspaper of record where she has a responsibility to inform & not mislead.

The word "abortion" is LITERALLY in the headline of Biden's statement here:

ANother thing people might struggle to understand. Is how Access Journalism and Twitter Hot Takes make up the majority of content that is passed off as journalism by major platforms.

10+ Year Old Account
    HEre's another one for the pendants that struggle to understand how framing influences the public's perception of politics.

Haberman got flagged by Twitter for her context-free tweet of the president. She is a "journalist" at a newspaper of record where she has a responsibility to inform & not mislead.

The word "abortion" is LITERALLY in the headline of Biden's statement here:

ANother thing people might struggle to understand. Is how Access Journalism and Twitter Hot Takes make up the majority of content that is passed off as journalism by major platforms.
    What other "Right to choose" would we be talking about, in this context? Like, I get that he's also using the word in the lengthier release making it obviously dumb, but contextually, he could only be referencing "abortion", in what she quoted. Not using that specific word doesn't change that, because other words can reference the same thing, so what's the complaint?

Fucking Rand Paul is a piece of shit. That bastard said that they shouldn't pass the vote, because they can't prove that these soldiers got these health problems from the burn pits. Fuck him. I hope Booker wins.

Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    Fucking Rand Paul is a piece of shit. That bastard said that they shouldn't pass the vote, because they can't prove that these soldiers got these health problems from the burn pits. Fuck him. I hope Booker wins.
    #SUPPORTOURTROOPS*

*unless that costs money and shit, in which case fuck that noise

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    #SUPPORTOURTROOPS*

*unless that costs money and shit, in which case fuck that noise
    Yep, I haven't seen anything from Republicans that supports anyone but their pocketbooks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Coal industry ‘shocked and disheartened’ by Manchin climate deal

Oh no.

Anyway:

The West Virginia Coal Association and several other state-based coal industry groups on Wednesday blasted the tax and climate deal that Sen. Joe Manchin (D-W.Va.) agreed to last week, warning it will “severely threaten American coal” and an estimated 381,000 jobs.

“This legislation is so egregious, it leaves those of us that call Sen. Manchin a friend, shocked and disheartened,” the groups wrote in a blistering statement that accused the West Virginia senator of zigzagging in the energy debate.

“Sen. Manchin has seemingly fought against numerous climate measures advanced over the past year by the national democratic establishment,” the groups said. “The current Schumer-Manchin draft agreement on climate and energy frankly leaves us questioning the motivation and sincerity of Manchin’s previous stance and his repeated chant: we must ‘innovate not eliminate.’”

The groups warn the deal Manchin crafted with Senate Majority Leader Charles Schumer (D-N.Y.) after months of negotiation “will quickly diminish our coal producing operations and all but obviate any need to innovate coal assets.”

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    The “innovation” here is no longer using coal.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    We need to innovate a way to permanently relocate the members of the WVCA to Centralia.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

https://www.newsweek.com/pete-buttig...nt-now-1730905

Hey, fair question...whatever happened with gas prices? You don't hear Republicans complaining about them anymore, so I guess they're not still high? Looks like they're coming back down still?

Why aren't they praising Biden, who is apparently responsible for the high gas prices, for reducing the global cost of gasoline? I mean, it's apparently in his power to dictate global gas prices, according to them.

Weird, innit?

Also, Biden administration needs to do a better job taking a victory lap on lower gas prices. Or really anything.

'Member the infrastructure bill? I do. I don't know if anyone else does outside of Buttigieg though, since he's the only person in the administration who seems to talk about it.

A gun bill, historic stimulus, historic infrastructure, historic supply investment (chips), potentially this reconciliation bill...