1. #15701
    Herald of the Titans tehdang's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    2,538
    Quote Originally Posted by Taifuu View Post
    Why? What does it matter what the Democrats do? Regardless of what happens, you're just going to go wait for your talking points from Fox News, contribute nothing to the conversation, actively deny reality, and then finish it off with a round of "I'm the world's biggest victim" and "I'd totally for realz debate if everyone else wasn't a bunch of meanies!" type of posts.
    I know that's what you're going to say no matter what I argue or present as evidence. But since you're wrong and find need to construct elaborate fictions for some reason, I'm going to persist in hoping for some fun debate back-and-forth and soundbites like in the 2020 primaries. You recall "dark psychic force," or do you believe that's something Fox News made up and fed to its many nefarious agents?
    "I wish it need not have happened in my time." "So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

  2. #15702
    High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    180
    Quote Originally Posted by tehdang View Post
    I know that's what you're going to say no matter what I argue or present as evidence. But since you're wrong and find need to construct elaborate fictions for some reason, I'm going to persist in hoping for some fun debate back-and-forth and soundbites like in the 2020 primaries. You recall "dark psychic force," or do you believe that's something Fox News made up and fed to its many nefarious agents?
    Lol imagine making a post accusing others of accusing Fox News of making shit up after Murdoch already admitted that they lie on air for profits under oath. Ignoring all the shit posting you've done in the past, this comment alone is enough for everyone to know you've never been interested in having an actual debate. As if actually using the term soundbites wasn't enough of a clue.

  3. #15703
    Elemental Lord unfilteredJW's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    8,935
    Quote Originally Posted by tehdang View Post
    I know that's what you're going to say no matter what I argue or present as evidence. But since you're wrong and find need to construct elaborate fictions for some reason, I'm going to persist in hoping for some fun debate back-and-forth and soundbites like in the 2020 primaries. You recall "dark psychic force," or do you believe that's something Fox News made up and fed to its many nefarious agents?
    The fucking projection here. Jesus.
    Quote Originally Posted by tehdang View Post
    Their enemies are busy labeling people "shitheads," dodging all the tough arguments (to the extent they acknowledge contrary arguments existing), and going over all the prejudices that make them believe they're arguing with bad people.
    "Dodge tough questions" types the poster with people on ignore who he couldn't handle the tough questions of.

  4. #15704
    Herald of the Titans tehdang's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    2,538
    Quote Originally Posted by HeatBlast View Post
    Making shit up isn’t evidence brah.
    Hence, why I said you'd make that claim despite anything I post. Exactly my point. The second point is you've failed to even state whether you believe Fox News invented those Marianne Williamson quotes from 2020 debates, or they exist apart from Fox News. I need to know how far you take this Fox News monomania.

    Quote Originally Posted by Taifuu View Post
    Lol imagine making a post accusing others of accusing Fox News of making shit up after Murdoch already admitted that they lie on air for profits under oath. Ignoring all the shit posting you've done in the past, this comment alone is enough for everyone to know you've never been interested in having an actual debate. As if actually using the term soundbites wasn't enough of a clue.
    Imagine not answering to specific facts, but offering invective against others. I know MSNBC and CNN lies to their viewers, but at least I can judge the truth of falsity of something specific. Get back to me when you have more to say than general invective.
    "I wish it need not have happened in my time." "So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

  5. #15705
    Void Lord Breccia's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NY, USA
    Posts
    40,211
    Quote Originally Posted by tehdang View Post
    Imagine not answering to specific facts
    You've never answered me once.

    I know MSNBC and CNN lies to their viewers.
    No you don't. You know FOX News does, they admitted it under oath. You assert MSNBC and CNN lie to their viewers without any proof, see previous point.

    This entire post is off-topic.

    This entire post is trolling.

    Please post constructively.

  6. #15706
    I Don't Work Here Endus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    79,770
    Quote Originally Posted by tehdang View Post
    Hence, why I said you'd make that claim despite anything I post. Exactly my point. The second point is you've failed to even state whether you believe Fox News invented those Marianne Williamson quotes from 2020 debates, or they exist apart from Fox News. I need to know how far you take this Fox News monomania.
    It's not that anyone thinks Fox invented them, it's that Marianne Williamson is an outsider who's never served in public office. She's a New-Age type spiritualist who isn't actually a working Democratic political member in any respect whatsoever. Failed runs as an independent for Congress in 2014 and a failed Presidential attempt in 2020 as a Democrat doesn't change any of that. She never got any significant amount of the vote in either run, and has never held office. She's kooky. That's why she was never taken as a serious candidate in either run. If you think this reflects on the Democrats in general, you're not engaging in good faith in the first place. Especially when you're trying to deflect away from outspoken bigotry and fascism for sitting Republican members that's largely getting majority support from within the party, on both the State and federal levels.

    I know MSNBC and CNN lies to their viewers
    Citation needed. I'll pre-emptively note that "being wrong and issuing a retraction" doesn't count. You are, again, trying to deflect from the mountain of explicit evidence by Fox News executives and talking heads describing and plotting their intentional malice in knowingly pushing a falsehood as "news".


  7. #15707
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    No you don't. You know FOX News does, they admitted it under oath. You assert MSNBC and CNN lie to their viewers without any proof, see previous point.
    Reminds me of something I saw on Facebook today.

    "So what if Fox News lies? All of mainstream media does!"
    "Who told you that?"
    "Fox News."

  8. #15708
    Void Lord Breccia's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NY, USA
    Posts
    40,211
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    Reminds me of something I saw on Facebook today.

    "So what if Fox News lies? All of mainstream media does!"
    "Who told you that?"
    "Fox News."
    Heh

    FOX News is probably desperately hoping that the people who they've been demonstrably lying to, buy that. But it's not a defense, it's an admission.

    It took FOX News seconds to find an expert who says Biden's budget was the worst thing imaginable, which admittedly, would have been stronger words had they not come from an admitted liar network. So I'll take the +1 CNN point and instead go with TheHill.

    There are modest increases to various programs and pledges to do social programs, support for Ukraine, support for SS, etc. But of course, the only thing Republicans are focusing on are the taxes. Very likely lying about how everyone will pay more taxes, when the President's words say nothing of the kind.

    Biden is going big on taxes, targeting wealthier Americans to pay for roughly $3 trillion in deficit reduction over the next decade.

    He is proposing a “billionaire” minimum tax, which would impose a tax of at least 25 percent on total income for Americans whose wealth exceeds $100 million. He also is proposing raising the corporate tax rate from 21 percent to 28 percent. Biden would also raise the tax rate on U.S. multinationals’ foreign earnings and quadruple the stock buybacks tax.

    Biden is not proposing any tax hikes on households making less than $400,0000, reflecting a position from his campaign.
    Biden's proposed taxes on only the very richest people will put money directly into Social Security and Medicare, with the idea of supporting them for another couple decades.

    Then, he put on his sunglasses and trolled the living fuck out of the GOP.

    The budget includes funds for Customs and Border Patrol to hire an additional 350 Border Patrol Agents, $535 million for border technology at and between ports of entry, $40 million to combat fentanyl trafficking and disrupt transnational criminal organizations and funds to hire an additional 460 processing assistants at Customs and Border Protection, as well as Immigration and Customs Enforcement.

    The proposal is an increase from the $15.3 billion Biden proposed for Customs and Border Protection in his fiscal 2023 budget, and it comes at a time when Republicans are using their new House majority to put a spotlight on the U.S.-Mexico border.
    In other words, giving the GOP exactly what they were asking for.

    Once again, Biden's budget is a glorified registration at Bed Bath and Beyonce. The House and Senate will make their own. But it's going to be hard, no, dishonest for the GOP to say "Biden is going to break SS and doesn't care about the border" when there's objective proof he asked Congress for the tools to fix that problem. He either gets to sign a budget that does most of that, or the Republican Party proves those issues weren't important to them. Either way, Biden wins.

  9. #15709
    High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    180
    Quote Originally Posted by tehdang View Post
    Hence, why I said you'd make that claim despite anything I post. Exactly my point. The second point is you've failed to even state whether you believe Fox News invented those Marianne Williamson quotes from 2020 debates, or they exist apart from Fox News. I need to know how far you take this Fox News monomania.

    Imagine not answering to specific facts, but offering invective against others. I know MSNBC and CNN lies to their viewers, but at least I can judge the truth of falsity of something specific. Get back to me when you have more to say than general invective.
    https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2023...rupert-murdoch

    “The emails, texts, and deposition testimony speak for themselves,” Dominion said in a statement Tuesday. “We welcome all scrutiny of our evidence because it all leads to the same place—Fox knowingly spread lies causing enormous damage to an American company.”
    Here's my evidence that Fox News was lying; where's yours that it wasn't? As a notice; everytime you post without providing evidence you're getting reported.

  10. #15710
    Void Lord Breccia's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NY, USA
    Posts
    40,211
    In the ongoing effort to take the heat off Biden for train derailments, Norfolk Southern CEO Shaw was testifying before the Senate about the first derailment when his testimony was interrupted by news of his third.

    "Wait, there was a second?"

    Saturday.

    It's going to be hard to anything other than Norfolk Southern trains complying with Trump's weakened safety regulations.

  11. #15711
    Quote Originally Posted by tehdang View Post
    I know that's what you're going to say no matter what I argue or present as evidence.
    When have you ever presented evidence?

    Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

  12. #15712
    Over 9000! Santti's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    9,130
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    When have you ever presented evidence?
    He presents strong evidence of his own ignorance all the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

  13. #15713
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    When have you ever presented evidence?
    I have evidence tehdang is a child rapist? Oh, you want to see it? Nup, it's secret.

    *Dear mods, I am not calling tehdang a child rapist, just proving a point.

    Now watch me get banned because social media has a bias for conservatives.
    Last edited by Strange One; 2023-03-10 at 02:01 PM.

  14. #15714
    Posting here cause politics.

    I'm telling you, they're actually running with the "woke banks" thing. They're already using scary placeholder acronyms ESG and DEI, which to them mean "diversity."

    It serves to obfuscate the reality: there was a panicky bank run, frontrun by some of the GOP's biggest donors.
    https://twitter.com/oneunderscore__/...zn5crTLyA&s=19

    This tweet is reply from Fox having House member, James Comer saying the reason of collapse is Woke.

    Just FML .This word has been so run into the ground it has to be dust.

    I'm not sure the run is all conservatives. You can conclude rich asshole investors are Republican. No matter who withdrew money, I'm sure it was not for being Woke.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

  15. #15715
    Pandaren Monk masterhorus8's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Irvine, CA
    Posts
    1,797
    Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    Posting here cause politics.



    https://twitter.com/oneunderscore__/...zn5crTLyA&s=19

    This tweet is reply from Fox having House member, James Comer saying the reason of collapse is Woke.

    Just FML .This word has been so run into the ground it has to be dust.

    I'm not sure the run is all conservatives. You can conclude rich asshole investors are Republican. No matter who withdrew money, I'm sure it was not for being Woke.
    In the related tweets to this, I saw one mentioning that this apparently wouldn't have happened if Trump hadn't removed a regulation in May 2018. Do you happen to know what it was that he changed?
    10

  16. #15716
    Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    Posting here cause politics.
    I've heard the term ESG from a few of your typical "anti-woke" dipshits recently but haven't bothered to look up what it means. Is it something I should know about...or just the latest bit of ammunition in their pathetic culture war?

  17. #15717
    Quote Originally Posted by masterhorus8 View Post
    In the related tweets to this, I saw one mentioning that this apparently wouldn't have happened if Trump hadn't removed a regulation in May 2018. Do you happen to know what it was that he changed?
    Yes. I read also that it was regulations Trump killed from Obama era. Umm, I guess. I don't know much about Obama and honestly how these banks work if the laws would have stopped anything. Yes, if you want to keep it political and I do. Attack Trump on his deregulation like the East Palestine disaster.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

  18. #15718
    Quote Originally Posted by masterhorus8 View Post
    In the related tweets to this, I saw one mentioning that this apparently wouldn't have happened if Trump hadn't removed a regulation in May 2018. Do you happen to know what it was that he changed?
    I don't know all the specifics, but I think one of the important ones here was greatly reducing the amount of cash they were required to keep on hand to survive a bank run.

  19. #15719
    Immortal Poopymonster's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Neverland Ranch Survivor
    Posts
    7,205
    Quote Originally Posted by masterhorus8 View Post
    In the related tweets to this, I saw one mentioning that this apparently wouldn't have happened if Trump hadn't removed a regulation in May 2018. Do you happen to know what it was that he changed?
    The rule was "Keep more than enough shit on hand if things go pear shaped".
    Banks bitched.
    Banks kept more on hand.
    Trump remove regulation because he's trying to cater to banks, hopin they'll float him a loan.
    They don't.
    Banks keep a lot less on hand.
    Bank starts goin pear shaped.
    "Who knew this thing that we had a rule for that was distinctly and specifically designed to stop from happening and Trump repealed would happen?"
    surprised_pikachu.jpeg.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok


    If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

  20. #15720
    I Don't Work Here Endus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    79,770
    Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    Just FML .This word has been so run into the ground it has to be dust.
    Capitalists are pretty much not "woke" by definition; the modern extension of "woke" from just awareness of racial injustice to more broadly cover any sytemic injustices means that capitalist exploitation, itself a systemic injustice, is part of the mix, and all capitalists feed into that injustice, by virtue of being capitalists.

    It's just a case of the right wing engaged in their continuous "Newspeak" attack on language. It's literally about removing the words from the language by poisoning them, because if you purge the words/terms, then you can't properly think the thoughts. Literally what Orwell was getting at. It's been happening to pretty much any term addressing injustices since they first started attacking "political correctness" in the '90s. The most recent examples being "Critical Race Theory" and "woke". It's just modern McCarthyist scapegoating. Anyone pushing this shit needs to be openly mocked in the media, and if they're not doing so, they're not doing their jobs. The media are not meant to take a neutral position between reality and whatever crazy nonsense insane shitheads come up with. They're meant to stick to reality and point out who's a crazy insane shithead whose words cannot be trusted.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •