Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Not all Republicans are malicious liars — that’s an extreme, irrational view.
    I'll not shed any tears of Mitt Romney is offended by my comments while he continues to remain in the party of liars, grifters, bigots, and literal nazis.

Anyways, back to talking about how Bidenomics has gone from an attempted conservative attack to blowing up in their faces as it's now a positive thing that he has embraced rofl.

Completely unsurprised to see the same poster going "OMG BIDEN" about something that's not Biden's fault--and not even particularly the fault of the Democrats, but rather a decision by a heavily GOP-biased SCOTUS. I mean it's not like they haven't been making the same "OMG BIDEN/DEMS" posts over every issue for the past couple years. Why are people still treating their nonsense as if it's worthy of a conversation? That's the real mystery. "Just do it!" he says. FML.

Also not shocked to see the "totally hard-working for 20 years" Shrew apparently has plenty of time to post yet more dipshittery and continue their track record of GOP talking points despite being "totally a Dem-voter gais!" I guess the rest of Shitty Voltron is lagging behind today.

This result was inevitable with the current make up of SCOTUS and expanding the court is a stupid idea precisely for the reason Biden gave: if they do it now it just gets done again when the GOP regain control and becomes yet another stupid legislative/judicial arms race without end. It would also be unlikely to happen given the narrow Senate majority with at least two Senators ostensibly on the Dems' side who vote against them half the time and the fact that it would also have to pass the House. Nonstarter.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    And let’s not forget about Independent voters, who make up, what… 40% of voters? So, yeah, shit like this can sway them in the wrong direction
    I would hope most Independents (actual Independents, not people who claim they're Independents so they're not labeled with the D or R) are intelligent enough to not vote for the people who have been causing all the problems they're currently struggling through.

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    And this is you projecting your own bigoted, uniformed selfish views on other people.
    They're sorta right to a point, most Americans are woefully uninformed and kinda fucking dumb when it comes to issues of politics. They don't pay attention or care. Granted many don't have the time or mental capacity to do so with all the other shit going on in their lives, but a great, great many very much do and choose to remain ignorant because it hasn't really directly affected them yet.

Are you talking about Republican Politicians?… cause we were discussing voters then you went off saying all Republicans are malicious liars. That’s millions of Americans to say that shit about.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean, it’s all right here…
    I mean, you are out here spouting lies about stuff and then hiding behind it being your “opinion” made from “overseas” “news” “sources” so seems pretty on point.

And you can take whatever biased cherry picked poll you grabbed and toss it in the trash where it belongs.

I've been an Independent all my life from the very first day I registered to vote. I've never once voted for a Republican because even decades ago when I cast my first vote I saw how fucking awful they were and there's certainly no danger of me ever voting for them today considering they've only gotten worse. I vote for the most progressive candidate I agree with; most of the time that's the Dems, sometimes it's a third party that doesn't have a prayer but it's the primaries so it doesn't matter anyway. ANYONE repeating GOP talking points these days can just rip off their "Independent" mask and show who they truly are: a member of the GOP cult. All of their nonsense is so easily disproven it does not take a galaxy brain to cut through it. It barely takes a search through Reuters/AP. If any "Independents" are even considering voting GOP after the past couple years then they were never truly Independent to begin with.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not all Republicans are malicious liars
    You're right; some of them are just openly malicious, and the rest are just fuckin' ignorant.

That’s millions of Americans to say that shit about.
    Okay. And?
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

I’m genuinely curious if @Edge- meant that about all Republicans, or if they specifically meant just Republican politicians who were discussing this breathing machine nonsense (my father uses one, it’s not a big fucking deal).
    This is the Biden thread. If you want to discuss that in more detail you're welcome to bring it up in the Trump thread, I'm not going to derail talking Republican politics here.

10+ Year Old Account
    I’m genuinely curious if Edge- meant that about all Republicans, or if they specifically meant just Republican politicians who were discussing this breathing a,chine nonsense (my father uses one, it’s not a big fucking deal).
    All Republicans fall into one of the following categories:

- The openly malicious: i.e. blatant bigots and people that support destructive policies for reasons like 'sticking it to the libs'.
    - The deceitfully malicious: i.e. people that use things like 'being concerned about children' as a fig leaf for bigoted and destructive policies.
    - The thoughtlessly malicious: i.e. people that vote Republican or support their policies because they don't bother to educate themselves on the subject matter.

You don't quite seem to grasp that the Republican Party as it has been constituted since the latter half of the last century is solely a vehicle for advancing reactionary policies designed to turn back the clock on economic regulation and social progress, as well as obstructing future reform. It has not a single policy that is not at least tangentially designed to inflict harm.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Single mother, struggling to pay her bills, going to college. She can barely afford to pay her bills and groceries, and has to pick up a second, part-time job or side hustle.

This is the unfortunate reality of many Americans. What do you tell them when they’re looking to Biden to fix this, only to be told “keep hanging in there, it will get better, remember who’s side you’re on!”
    Well, Republicans are actively antagonistic to her interests, so it sure seems like an easy choice.

And claiming that Democrats aren't seeking to support people like her is just an empty and obvious lie. You should be ashamed for thinking that kind of bullshit would fly.

Democrats helped her get better health care, and were blocked from doing more by Republicans.
    Democrats tried to get her held with student loans, Republicans blocked that too.
    Democrats are the ones talking about boosting minimum wages, Republicans are against that.

Sure, Democrats may be trying and failing to achieve lasting gains, but you can't seriously expect anyone to agree that this hypothetical woman should consider voting Republican, when they're the ones antagonistic to those gains and the reason they are consistently failing to hold ground. Come the fuck on. We're not that fuckin' stupid.
    Last edited by Endus; 2023-06-30 at 06:33 PM.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Well, Republicans are actively antagonistic to her interests, so it sure seems like an easy choice.

And claiming that Democrats aren't seeking to support people like her is just an empty and obvious lie. You should be ashamed for thinking that kind of bullshit would fly.
    It should be obvious. One side is trying and struggling to help people in general, especially the poor, while the other is actively trying to make it harder for those people to get help, unless they're rich. Do you vote for the side that made promises you liked, but was unable to keep them for reasons beyond their control, or for the other side that has failed to ever help anyone that wasn't rich or a bigot?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post

Single mother: Democrats introduce legislation to cap child care costs. Republicans let CHIP expire.
    Struggling to pay her bills: Democrats introduce legislation to raise wages and make child care cheaper. Republicans cut taxes for the rich and use the ballooning debt as an excuse to cut public assistance.
    Going to college: Democrats introduce legislation to ease tuition costs and alleviate student debt. Republicans repeatedly challenge student debt relief in court.

If she's still voting Republican even after all that, chances are she's a shitty mother who values hurting minorities over taking care of her children.

10+ Year Old Account
    I’m not saying she should consider it — I wouldn’t, it’s DeSantis, he’s fucking crazy. I’m saying these struggles can contribute to voters shifting sides. We knows this happens, as I linked.
    The only way these struggles lead to this hypothetical voter switching sides is if she's a complete idiot who does not engage in politics in any way and allows herself to be led by the right-wing's intentionally dishonest propaganda.

And someone misled by malicious propaganda becomes malicious themselves, until they throw off that propaganda and reform.

This isn't an argument that she'd got a valid point of view. It's an argument about the power of malicious propaganda wielded against a populace that have been carefully taught to be gullible idiots.

I’m not saying she should consider it — I wouldn’t, it’s DeSantis, he’s fucking crazy. I’m saying these struggles can contribute to voters shifting sides. We knows this happens, as I linked.
    Most of the people that struggle disengage from the political system they don't switch party affiliation since they feel that the two party system is a failure that's not addressing their daily lives.

Indeed, people voting against their interests knowingly happens. I call them stupid people, especially when they do so out of spite.

Voting blank or third party is another thing altogether. I get that. Not voting, well, I think it's just throwing away a fundamental right but you do you boo. But deciding to actually vote for the party that you know is actively working against your interests? Yeah, I'll call those people idiots and not be the least be sorry about it.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

10+ Year Old Account
    DeSantis is popular, we can’t deny that
    He might be popular within your right wing twitter feed, but he's not popular in real life.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uh, this is a favorable or unfavorable opinion on DeSantis…
    Which demonstrates that what you said - "DeSantis is popular" - is in fact untrue.

do you think he won’t be the popular Republican candidate for the election?
    It's also not even true within the Republican Party. Trump has been widening the gap even despite his convictions.

You really need to either stop getting your news from right wing social media or just keep your shitty takes to yourself, Felicia.

And we’re gonna see if those people are truly happy with Biden come next election… cause DeSantis is popular, we can’t deny that (I’m not even including Trump cause I think his time is up now).
    First Trump is going to beat him at the primary anyway even if he's a convicted felon, and second DeSantis isn't notably popular at the national level either.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

Pence is the unpopular one… as your graph even shows. Trump and DeSantis are the popular Republican candidates. Like, where’s the disconnect here? They’re the ones battling it off with each other. And Trump may not even be able to run, given his legally issues.
    Are you capable of staying on topic or ever admitting when you've been duped once more by right wing misinformation that you consistently claim you don't read?

DeSantis is popular! No he's not.
    DeSantis is popular with Republicans! No he's not.

This is the Biden/Harris thread, Blossom.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Are you capable of staying on topic or ever admitting when you've been duped once more by right wing misinformation that you consistently claim you don't read?

DeSantis is popular! No he's not.
    DeSantis is popular with Republicans! No he's not.

This is the Biden/Harris thread, Blossom.
    *insert Arthur I can't read meme here* Of course it's not able to stay on topic.