10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    Oh yeah, was listening to a live on Tiktok, some right wing dumbass was claiming that the cocaine was Hunter Biden's, even though it was found in a literal common area for tours.
    The only actual distressing thing about this is that someone snuck an illegal substance into the White House. It could have been something far more dangerous than cocaine.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Na, the SS already said it was coke. Didnt think Joe had it in him. My man! Gonna be ridin’ with Biden in 2024.

Happy 4th everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    Oh yeah, was listening to a live on Tiktok, some right wing dumbass was claiming that the cocaine was Hunter Biden's, even though it was found in a literal common area for tours.
    rofl do they know that dude doesn't live in the white house? I mean of course they fuckin don't but man...

it's wild how little these folks seem to engage their brains or know about the world around them. i literally had to explain to a buddy of my brother's (big trump guy, nice, but a damned idiot) what the white how press pool was and how they would know that trump was golfing on a weekend and that he wasn't taking any official meetings on a day. like just really having to explain basic-ass shit and he was still acting like it was some kind of weird, myserious, vague thing and not really basic, well understood reality

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Once again I think conservatives are going to be really disappointed at the lack of a more robust response beyond, "Cool, review the tapes and find out whose coke it is, and charge them with possession or whatever appropriate."

I don't think anyone reasonably thinks Robinette or even Dr. Jill are doing bumps of coke to stay fresh and nobody has noticed until this point
    I believe they would point at another Biden I really don't want to name having just warned the thread against it.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    https://www.theglobeandmail.com/worl...ed-as-cocaine/

Cocaine was found, I don't think it's been clarified how much or how it was packaged. It was found in a work area, so right-wingers may be trying to pretend the entire White House is just the Biden residence and forgetting that there's literally hundreds of staffpeople who work there daily. The real story seems to be "someone on staff has a drug problem", which honestly just isn't a spectacular reveal.
    How sure are we that it wasn't some of Don Jr's coke that he left behind? I'm kidding (mostly), this is just another nothing burger from the GQP.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

rofl do they know that dude doesn't live in the white house? I mean of course they fuckin don't but man...

it's wild how little these folks seem to engage their brains or know about the world around them. i literally had to explain to a buddy of my brother's (big trump guy, nice, but a damned idiot) what the white how press pool was and how they would know that trump was golfing on a weekend and that he wasn't taking any official meetings on a day. like just really having to explain basic-ass shit and he was still acting like it was some kind of weird, myserious, vague thing and not really basic, well understood reality
    Oh, they know he doesn't, but he visited there briefly, so that must mean it was him. No matter the evidence.

Holy crap! I tried looking into the Cocaine story on Twitter and couldn't find a legit source in top/popular tweets. All spammed with shit blue posters. Oh, I swear on anything I have never, ever seen the Hunter Biden pics but two blue mark checks now have exposed me to them. Nudity and all.

So of course the right is going to go wild with Hunter connection and just blows Biden is going to have to take. Once more people may not like I'm doing the "both sides" but we would make fun of Trump, Melania or definitely Don Jr.

No much more to say but a sensational story that Biden is going to have to roll with I guess.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh no someone found coke in the general vicinity of a lot of rich white people and politicians. How could we have ever seen this coming?
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    Holy crap! I tried looking into the Cocaine story on Twitter and couldn't find a legit source in top/popular tweets. All spammed with shit blue posters. Oh, I swear on anything I have never, ever seen the Hunter Biden pics but two blue mark checks now have exposed me to them. Nudity and all.

So of course the right is going to go wild with Hunter connection and just blows Biden is going to have to take. Once more people may not like I'm doing the "both sides" but we would make fun of Trump, Melania or definitely Don Jr.

No much more to say but a sensational story that Biden is going to have to roll with I guess.
    Here’s what’s probably going to happen: Biden says nothing on the matter, the White House releases a statement about how they’re concerned over this security breach and are looking into it, the usual right wing morons whine and pearl clutch about it for about a week, and then it passes like every other attempt at smearing president Biden-by-proxy-of-his-son into the past before trump does or says something stupid or yet another step in the criminal proceedings retake the headlines.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is an active attempt to get innocent people killed. She shouldn't just be sanctioned for this. She should be arrested and prosecuted.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    This is an active attempt to get innocent people killed. She shouldn't just be sanctioned for this. She should be arrested and prosecuted.
    She's currently too busy posting photoshopped photo's of her holding a gun, juxtaposed with AOC getting ready for yoga class, asking who people want to defend America.

To which the answer will always be, "The military who are literally trained for this and not a bunch of panicky politicians without an ounce of discipline." but today's order of business for Speaker Green is apparently bigly virtue signaling.

Once more I was not believed and mocked that Biden and Dems need to do something, especially on him failing on Student Loans. Yes, moving forward he is doing something but let's look Morning Joe.

In short where young voters across the board and broken down into groups overwhelming at around 60% identify as Democrats. The problem is they are disillusioned by inaction they are just going to sit this election out. The young voters, aka millennials and Gen Z are now almost the largest voting block.

Now you can say young people never vote or whatever else. Yes, they don't show up like the old people but once more you have to give them something. In this video it once more focused on Student Loan failure by Biden (so far) as a reason. Not being forceful on climate change, taking back housing, reigning in corporations and the helping cost of living and wages, etc. I could go on.

Hey one video, but I'm telling you people who want to do the "what can we do" and "let's talk policy" or my favorite "the Republicans messed up so much, the people obviously have to vote for us". I'm telling you, Good Luck with this.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Once more I was not believed and mocked that Biden and Dems need to do something, especially on him failing on Student Loans. Yes, moving forward he is doing something but let's look Morning Joe.
    Again, just pointing out that common refrain : )

In short where young voters across the board and broken down into groups overwhelming at around 60% identify as Democrats. The problem is they are disillusioned by inaction they are just going to sit this election out. The young voters, aka millennials and Gen Z are now almost the largest voting block.
    Fun fact: This literally has been the case every generation. It's always going to be the case. None of this is new.

Now you can say young people never vote or whatever else. Yes, they don't show up like the old people but once more you have to give them something.
    They have been. The extended student loan pause, an onramp plan that's being designed to limit the financial harm caused by payments restarting. The infrastructure bill that will help a lot of folks directly and indirectly. Tons of policies, just not the few big ticket items that some folks want.

Also, like, you know, the SCOTUS being at play as ever and a lot of these younger folks getting a front row seat for why it's so important.

In this video it once more focused on Student Loan failure by Biden (so far) as a reason. Not being forceful on climate change, taking back housing, reigning in corporations and the helping cost of living and wages, etc. I could go on.
    Failure by Biden for...apparently not ignoring legal limitations, especially after a SCOTUS ruling affirmed them?

Not being forceful on climate change in what way? Biden is hardly a climate hero, but what authorities does he have that he's not using that would make meaningful changes?

What powers does the executive branch have to resolve housing affordability issues unilaterally? Without the need for Congress to step in, or for states and local governments to be involved since that's where the majority of the authority and responsibility for housing affordability and availability rests.

What powers does the executive branch have to reign in corporate profits? Or address cost of living?

Basically all of these topics you list as being "Biden's" failure to address are topics where, to my knowledge, the executive branch has fairly limited authority.

So we're back to the above and DO SOMETHING without knowing what or who would do the thing, but knowing exactly who the person to blame is apparently.

Hey one video, but I'm telling you people who want to do the "what can we do" and "let's talk policy" or my favorite "the Republicans messed up so much, the people obviously have to vote for us". I'm telling you, Good Luck with this.
    Sometimes the response really is just that "they're justifiably angry but also grossly misinformed, and need to accept that there's rarely a perfect politician to vote for and you vote for the one who will do the most good/least harm." which isn't exactly the most exciting message but like holy shit welcome to reality being fucked up? By all means I'd love more exciting candidates and all, but we have to acknowledge that the kinds of candidates that excite zoomers aren't exactly the types of candidates that are going to get strong national support.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away

Now you can say young people never vote or whatever else. Yes, they don't show up like the old people but once more you have to give them something. In this video it once more focused on Student Loan failure by Biden (so far) as a reason. Not being forceful on climate change, taking back housing, reigning in corporations and the helping cost of living and wages, etc. I could go on.

Democratic Party like Republican Party is becoming more and more disfavored. People, especially younger people, are tired of the two party's that only seem interested in theater. A lot of people are choosing not to align with a party. I have no chosen to join a party because I hate the team aspect that is pushed by them. And I know a lot of people younger than I am feel the same.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    Democratic Party like Republican Party is becoming more and more disfavored. People, especially younger people, are tired of the two party's that only seem interested in theater. A lot of people are choosing not to align with a party. I have no chosen to join a party because I hate the team aspect that is pushed by them. And I know a lot of people younger than I am feel the same.
    Its not about choosing a party. Young people identify as Democrat but are not going to vote. Yes I get the point of not officially belonging to a party our casually mentioning you are a Democrat. The problem is young people are just not going to vote.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fun fact: This literally has been the case every generation. It's always going to be the case. None of this is new.
    Politicians are older. The average age of members of Congress in 58. Of course older folks aren't hip with what the kids are worried about. They dismiss it as the ignorance of youth. This is a truism dating back to Ancient Greece, at a minimum, and that's a limit only predicated on the lack of availability of accounts from earlier. The only way this would ever change is if older folks in power made their focus addressing the concerns of the youth of their nation, rather than the concerns of themselves and their peers. And that's just not gonna happen, and it's kinda silly anyone expects it would.

Failure by Biden for...apparently not ignoring legal limitations, especially after a SCOTUS ruling affirmed them?

Not being forceful on climate change in what way? Biden is hardly a climate hero, but what authorities does he have that he's not using that would make meaningful changes?
    It's deeper than Biden. Democratic representatives in both houses have traditionally been dismissive of scientists' warnings regarding the climate crisis, since the '60s. Who gives a fuck about the planet when oil companies can make more profits? That's largely been the mantra until VERY recently, and even after that shift, the response has been so half-assed it's the policy equivalent of pissing on a forest fire.

What powers does the executive branch have to resolve housing affordability issues unilaterally? Without the need for Congress to step in, or for states and local governments to be involved since that's where the majority of the authority and responsibility for housing affordability and availability rests.

What powers does the executive branch have to reign in corporate profits? Or address cost of living?
    While you can't blame Biden personally in his office as President, Biden's colleagues in Congress and Biden himself for the rest of his political career have all contributed to the dysfunctional status quo. Corporate profits are only out of whack because of regulatory decisions. Cost of living is only out of whack for the same. This stuff has always been solveable; American politicians on both sides are largely uninterested if not outright antagonistic to doing so. Including Biden. He's not the problem, but he's definitely part of the problem.

Americans do need to abandon the idea that a single heroic figure can achieve, well, anything meaningful, and realize that they need to be voting on every level from municipal on up.

https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...labor-dispute/

Vice President Harris’s staff switched hotels ahead of a planned visit to Los Angeles around the holiday weekend before a worker strike kicked off, in a show of support for the union leading the labor dispute.

The vice president’s office confirmed to The Hill the staff switched hotel reservations to a location that wasn’t involved in the strike before the trip to southern California, where thousands of workers walked out of hotels to push for better wages and benefits.

“UNITE HERE applauds the decision of the Vice President to do the right thing and live up to the values that Democrats champion every day as the true party of the working class,” the union said in a statement.

Ahead of the walkout, Harris’s team planned to stay in a hotel with an expired contract in connection with the labor dispute, the union said.

“It’s not a surprise coming from the co-chair of the White House Task Force on Worker Organizing and Empowerment. It’s moves like this by this administration’s leadership that led to our Union joining others and the AFL-CIO in endorsing Biden-Harris ahead of the 2024 election,” the union said.
    Small thing, but good thing.

I think the frustration is from the timidness then limited action Biden has taken on the subject.

He's approved more oil drilling than Trump, going back on this word with Saudi Arabia this is of his own making.

I think this fall under Biden didn't really push on this and neither most of the party he gets the blame because he is the leader of the party. For example raising taxes to pre Trump levels won't happen because of Manchin and Sinema not to mention the house when they had control. However what matters in politics is perception not reality, Biden spent his first two years being made a laughing stock by Manchin basically destroyed any image of strength or conviction on these issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    I think the frustration is from the timidness then limited action Biden has taken on the subject.
    I can get that to a point but if he'd taken "bold action"...the results would be the same. The same challenges would have been issued, his actions would be stayed pending the case working its way through the courts, and the SCOTUS would have made the same ruling.

If anything, them not wasting a ton of time trying to "GO BIG" and instead letting it work its way through the courts while working on a fallback plan is the far less exciting, far smarter, more practical and effective path forward. It's just...you know...not something super duper exciting because most of the time you "do shit by the book" it's pretty fuckin boring even when accomplishing positive results.

He's approved more oil drilling than Trump, going back on this word with Saudi Arabia this is of his own making.
    He has approved more permits than Trump over the same period of time. And? That's something that sounds bad but...is it all that bad?

https://www.politifact.com/article/2...ing-why-and-d/

So looking at "just drilling permits" as cherry picked data? Yeah, not great. But looking at it in broader context? Actually not that bad given realities.

And which word? The word to punish them that was never really going to happen because SA remains a key regional ally of the US and all? I'm unsure what climate-related pledge he'd made in relation to SA. Don't get me wrong, fuck SA, but reality exists and sometimes you have to deal with pretty shitty leaders and governments.

I think this fall under Biden didn't really push on this and neither most of the party he gets the blame because he is the leader of the party. For example raising taxes to pre Trump levels won't happen because of Manchin and Sinema not to mention the house when they had control. However what matters in politics is perception not reality, Biden spent his first two years being made a laughing stock by Manchin basically destroyed any image of strength or conviction on these issues.
    Jesus this is such a bad take dude what the hell. Remember literally every "centrist" spending basically the entire time between the 2020 election and when the new government was seated constantly warning progressives to check expectations because the 50:50 control of the Senate wasn't actually? It made for great articles from the TMZ political writers about how Manchin TOTALLY PWNED BIDEN and whatnot, but it also showed a failure to understand the basic dynamics of that Senate and instead play into the know-nothing sensational nonsense.

So what could they have done beyond...vague, undefined pushes? Again, there's far more power and authority to address housing on the state and local levels than on the federal level. For all its powers the federal government does have quite a few limitations, and state/local elections/governments matter a lot.

Also, the first two years delivered the infrastructure bill that Republicans keep trying to take credit for. To act as if there weren't some pretty notable wins because "Manchin was totally PWNING Biden" or something is silly. And then we have things like Biden basically taking House Republicans to the cleaners over the debt ceiling bill rofl.