1. #1601
    Void Lord Felya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    the other
    Posts
    56,491
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    I see we still have Trump Supporters going through the denial stage of grief.
    ... and we missed it...
    As above, so below.
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    My body is a wonderland.

  2. #1602
    Herald of the Titans bladeXcrasher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,705
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    20 bucks says the guy who you’re quoting and is talking about empowerment etc, is the same kinda dude who probably complains that immigrants are stealing his jobs...
    It already did, on the previous page.

  3. #1603
    Void Lord Felya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    the other
    Posts
    56,491
    Quote Originally Posted by dontrelleroosevelt View Post
    Balance your doses, use your own common sense, get away from Google.
    This is the part I am interested in... When you remove google search results, what source do you have left? What do you read, where it’s not indexed by google?
    As above, so below.
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    My body is a wonderland.

  4. #1604
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    I see we still have Trump Supporters going through the denial stage of grief.
    The problem is these people are violent, fascists in their denial stage.
    “There is a cult of ignorance in the United States…. [It is] nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that ‘my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.’”

    -Isaac Asimov

  5. #1605
    Void Lord Felya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    the other
    Posts
    56,491
    Quote Originally Posted by bladeXcrasher View Post
    It already did, on the previous page.
    Maybe they should have gone to work, instead of flying to a derpsurection.
    As above, so below.
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    My body is a wonderland.

  6. #1606
    Quote Originally Posted by dontrelleroosevelt View Post
    Well, most Americans voted incorrectly then. But be prepared for him to be impeached once the amazing number of votes without paper trails come through.

    You ready for the lockdown in a few weeks? Get ready for more riots by the hired anarchists, since you know, a lot of the same people were both out west and at the Capitol, posing on each side.

    Biden won’t get anything accomplished, except send us into another depression, all because we’d rather sit on our asses and not work, rather than empower one another, have small government, and a leader who won’t kiss China’s stupid ass.

    I don’t understand how anyone can think what Pelosi has done to Trump is right. She’s made her entire party look like they definitely don’t care about you or me, but just can’t stand that an outsider got more done in four years than she has in a lifetime.
    Everything you said in this vomit^ is conspiracy and against TOS.

  7. #1607
    Quote Originally Posted by bladeXcrasher View Post
    It already did, on the previous page.
    Haha, I swear modern GOP fanatics are literally a joke. I read this article by Ben ‘I’m A Real Journalist’ Domenech over at the Federalist. He’s saying Liz Cheney doesn’t belong in the GOP anymore. And I suppose he’s right. Putting country over party is not a GOP ideal. Power above everything is a GOP ideal. Reneging from that and trying to actually protect your country is now an outdated notion.

  8. #1608
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    Haha, I swear modern GOP fanatics are literally a joke. I read this article by Ben ‘I’m A Real Journalist’ Domenech over at the Federalist. He’s saying Liz Cheney doesn’t belong in the GOP anymore. And I suppose he’s right. Putting country over party is not a GOP ideal. Power above everything is a GOP ideal. Reneging from that and trying to actually protect your country is now an outdated notion.
    He's some poor girl's "conservative husband". Can you imagine coming home to that every night?

    Then again, if you come from a wealthy family, and they paid for all of your degrees. I'm guessing they went into the marriage eye opens. Hubby hating immigrants and feminists is probably a feature.

  9. #1609
    Quote Originally Posted by PresidentElectMilchschake View Post
    He's some poor girl's "conservative husband". Can you imagine coming home to that every night?

    Then again, if you come from a wealthy family, and they paid for all of your degrees. I'm guessing they went into the marriage eye opens. Hubby hating immigrants and feminists is probably a feature.
    He’s the epitome of white privilege.

  10. #1610
    On the topic of $1400 vs. $2000, it's even less true when you consider that many people didn't even get the $600 check.

    I assume the same sort of income rules apply and you get some sort of prorated amount (Which I think is stupid, it should be $2000 for everyone, or at least the bar should be much higher).

    I love people pointing out that 600 + 1400 = 2000, as if it wasn't obvious what the Biden team was going for. That being said, what's an extra $600 on top? Especially as a good faith that "Hey, we're going to give you MORE than what Trump promised" or as a way to demonstrate their commitment to really taking this seriously, not just act like they're looking under the couch for coins. It's just insulting because at the end of the day it is STILL NOT ENOUGH.

  11. #1611
    Quote Originally Posted by dontrelleroosevelt View Post
    If we stopped putting the damn Democrats in office, our country would be worth a damn again, we’d have something to offer, as opposed to all these bloated rich government workers who are out of touch with wage employees.
    The GOP was in control of all branches of the federal government for 2 years.

  12. #1612
    Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    Voted incorrectly? Should we have voted for one of the most racist presidents since fucking Andrew Jackson? And he will never be impeached.

    So, you saying that Antifa is hired? You have any evidence for this? Or do you actually believe the bullshit that Antifa was there at the capitol?

    And Trump has had us in a recession basically since 2018. Republicans are notorious for fucking up the economy. And Trump is the one with ties to China, considering his secret account with 10s of millions in it.
    Oh, I love how Trump had something to say on anything.

    https://www.cnn.com/2015/07/21/polit...rat/index.html

    “It just seems that the economy does better under the Democrats than the Republicans. Now, it shouldn’t be that way. But if you go back, I mean it just seems that the economy does better under the Democrats. …But certainly we had some very good economies under Democrats, as well as Republicans. But we’ve had some pretty bad disaster under the Republicans.” - Trump in interview on CNN.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by wunksta View Post
    The GOP was in control of all branches of the federal government for 2 years.
    Yep and they got nowhere fast. However, when the Democrats had all 3 branches for 2 years under Obama, we actually got a form of a healthcare bill passed.

  13. #1613
    The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    NorCal
    Posts
    23,479
    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu 2020 View Post
    See, this is where the understanding of what's going on falls apart. Most Democrats/centrists/liberals don't hate or even oppose Bernie - It's Bernie's devout cult that acts exactly like Trump's cult, that is hated. They are some of the most unreasonable people on the face of the planet, and will curse your name if you are not on board with the leftist purity tests they throw out.
    The purity test is "Do you support these issues"? Which you know, should be the litmus test. Like, if I run a Pro-life outfit, making sure the candidate is Pro-Life does seem like an important priority.

    The DNC being the party of Joe Manchin and Joe Lieberman (Why are they all named Joe?) is a problem. Sanders supporters have a set of policies and a vision for what is wanted. I sense a some people simply just want a party in power and have a rather naive trust that whatever the Democrats do must be good, or well intended because of a misguided belief in some supernatural or mystic moral goodness inherent in anyone who is a Democrat.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    On the topic of $1400 vs. $2000, it's even less true when you consider that many people didn't even get the $600 check.

    I assume the same sort of income rules apply and you get some sort of prorated amount (Which I think is stupid, it should be $2000 for everyone, or at least the bar should be much higher).

    I love people pointing out that 600 + 1400 = 2000, as if it wasn't obvious what the Biden team was going for. That being said, what's an extra $600 on top? Especially as a good faith that "Hey, we're going to give you MORE than what Trump promised" or as a way to demonstrate their commitment to really taking this seriously, not just act like they're looking under the couch for coins. It's just insulting because at the end of the day it is STILL NOT ENOUGH.
    Yeah, many didn't even get the 600 and won't get it. And I cannot wait for team Biden to quickly fold to 1400 in deferred tax credit if you run a small business or some other means testing. Or simply dropping it altogether.

    But hey, Patriot Act 2: Electric Boogaloo is probably incoming.
    Last edited by Theodarzna; 2021-01-15 at 05:03 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    Tankie Paleo-Conservatism with TERF characteristics / Socialism with My Chemical Romance characteristics. Caramelldansen Nationalism. Liberalism is the Pandemic. 100% would bare /u/DeepFuckingValue's children. When that Polka hits!. Ceterum et dare nobis duo milia dollariorum!

  14. #1614
    Void Lord Felya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    the other
    Posts
    56,491
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    Patriot Act 2: Electric Boogaloo is probably incoming.
    Before or after austerity? How often do you have to be wrong, before you stop predicting shit?

    How many times did Trump sign the patriot act, with you saying nothing?
    As above, so below.
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    My body is a wonderland.

  15. #1615
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    The purity test is "Do you support these issues"? Which you know, should be the litmus test. Like, if I run a Pro-life outfit, making sure the candidate is Pro-Life does seem like an important priority.

    The DNC being the party of Joe Manchin and Joe Lieberman (Why are they all named Joe?) is a problem. Sanders supporters have a set of policies and a vision for what is wanted. I sense a some people simply just want a party in power and have a rather naive trust that whatever the Democrats do must be good, or well intended because of a misguided belief in some supernatural or mystic moral goodness inherent in anyone who is a Democrat.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Yeah, many didn't even get the 600 and won't get it. And I cannot wait for team Biden to quickly fold to 1400 in deferred tax credit if you run a small business or some other means testing. Or simply dropping it altogether.

    But hey, Patriot Act 2: Electric Boogaloo is probably incoming.
    You are ignoring that the United States is a two-party system. So, until you and your fellow GOPers want to get rid of the Electoral College and FPTP voting, your argument is absurd.

    Secondly, the Democrats are much closer to the whims of the Bernie supporters, than the GOP is.

    Feel free to keep ignoring reality.

    As for your bullshit about the next Patriot Act, where were you when Trump was putting kids in fucking cages? Where were you when he pushed to keep all Muslims out? Where were you when he called for monitoring mosques? Where were you through it all? That's right, you were right here, calling for ethnic cleansing and apartheid.
    Last edited by Machismo; 2021-01-15 at 05:14 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Multiculturalism hurts and kills. This happened before Trump and it would be happening without him. Racism arises from a multicultural society. If we were monocultural, people would not see issues through the lens of race.
    This is a poster saying that people are at fault for being the victims of terrorism, because they are not white.

  16. #1616
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    The purity test is "Do you support these issues"? Which you know, should be the litmus test. Like, if I run a Pro-life outfit, making sure the candidate is Pro-Life does seem like an important priority.

    The DNC being the party of Joe Manchin and Joe Lieberman (Why are they all named Joe?) is a problem. Sanders supporters have a set of policies and a vision for what is wanted. I sense a some people simply just want a party in power and have a rather naive trust that whatever the Democrats do must be good, or well intended because of a misguided belief in some supernatural or mystic moral goodness inherent in anyone who is a Democrat.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Yeah, many didn't even get the 600 and won't get it. And I cannot wait for team Biden to quickly fold to 1400 in deferred tax credit if you run a small business or some other means testing. Or simply dropping it altogether.

    But hey, Patriot Act 2: Electric Boogaloo is probably incoming.
    My other concern is $1,400 is the opening offer. I would not be surprised if the Dems negotiate this number down even further.

  17. #1617
    Void Lord Felya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    the other
    Posts
    56,491
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Feel free to keep ignoring reality.
    This thread... democrats will bring a new patriot act!
    Parlor thread... we need more government surveillance of social media!



    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    My other concern is $1,400 is the opening offer. I would not be surprised if the Dems negotiate this number down even further.
    Democrats will be negotiating with whom?
    As above, so below.
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    My body is a wonderland.

  18. #1618
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    The voices in their heads I guess. Wait a minute, that is just like Trump. Can't have that. /s

  19. #1619
    The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    NorCal
    Posts
    23,479
    Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    My other concern is $1,400 is the opening offer. I would not be surprised if the Dems negotiate this number down even further.
    Yeah, they are already playing cutesy games and trying to pull the technicality game; and many haven't even gotten the 600 and might have to wait for tax time to even try to get it. Look what the Dems lost in November for fucking around on checks, they could have lost the House and barely hold it and Mitch lost two Republican seats in Georgia after fucking around on it.

    Fucking around [on checks] is a good way to find out. The Democrats basically have about 100 days to turn shit around; and they are already of their own volition fucking around and trying to weasel out of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    Tankie Paleo-Conservatism with TERF characteristics / Socialism with My Chemical Romance characteristics. Caramelldansen Nationalism. Liberalism is the Pandemic. 100% would bare /u/DeepFuckingValue's children. When that Polka hits!. Ceterum et dare nobis duo milia dollariorum!

  20. #1620
    Void Lord Felya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    the other
    Posts
    56,491
    Quote Originally Posted by gondrin View Post
    The voices in their heads I guess. Wait a minute, that is just like Trump. Can't have that. /s
    What I really want to know right now, is who the democrats are negotiating with, to bring the 1600$ down. Who is opposing democrats in lower the payment? This is very strange...

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    Yeah, they are already playing cutesy games and trying to pull the technicality game; and many haven't even gotten the 600 and might have to wait for tax time to even try to get it. Look what the Dems lost in November for fucking around on checks, they could have lost the House and barely hold it and Mitch lost two Republican seats in Georgia after fucking around on it.

    Fucking around [on checks] is a good way to find out. The Democrats basically have about 100 days to turn shit around; and they are already of their own volition fucking around and trying to weasel out of it.
    WTF? Who are they negotiating with?
    As above, so below.
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    My body is a wonderland.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •