Apparently the Trump Admin had no actual plan in place for vaccine distribution and the Biden Admin is going to have to build one from scratch

On his first full day as President Biden will be issuing a slew of initiatives and a couple EOs regarding COVID

I also hear hes looking at using the defense production act as well to assist with ramping up testing and vaccine distribution. Bidens gonna end up doing more to combat Covid in his first 24 hours than Trump did in the last 10 months.

Quote Originally Posted by Derpleton View Post
    Well I had a bit of a chuckle this morning, I thought it was hyperbole at the time but uh... https://www.wsj.com/livecoverage/covid-2021-01-21 4200 COVID deaths yesterday. Oops.
    Enjoy your success. Trump was able to sabotage America to the point that 4200 Americans died. I know you were hoping for more, but I guess this will have to do.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/worse-ima...100021175.html

Title: ‘Worse Than We Imagined’: Team Trump Left Biden a COVID Nightmare

Excerpts:

The Biden administration came into power with purpose and an extensive agenda to combat the coronavirus pandemic, but purpose and planning only gets you so far—particularly when the president’s team is only just now getting a clear picture of how badly the previous administration had managed the crisis.

“What we’re inheriting from the Trump administration is so much worse than we could have imagined,” Jeff Zients, the Biden administration’s COVID-19 czar, said in a call with reporters Wednesday. “We don't have the visibility that we would hope to have into supply and allocations.”

And here is the first sentence of your response: Well I had a bit of a chuckle this morning.
    Over 4k people dying in a day makes you CHUCKLE.

Basically, Trump mismanaged the federal virus response to the point that it is intentional negligence.

Trump works hard to kill off as many Americans as possible. Then you brag about how successful he was and blame it on Biden.
    Last edited by Omega10; 2021-01-21 at 03:23 PM.

Well I had a bit of a chuckle this morning, I thought it was hyperbole at the time but uh... https://www.wsj.com/livecoverage/covid-2021-01-21 4200 COVID deaths yesterday. Oops.
    I think the fact that you find people dying funny says everything there is to know about your ilk.

15+ Year Old Account
    As expected, less than 24 hours in office and there are already some Republicans blaming him for west coast protests (which are practically a weekend passtime in Portland and Seattle) and COVID deaths.

It's too bad so many people plugged exclusively into RW media just take it all at face value.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    As expected, less than 24 hours in office and there are already some Republicans blaming him for west coast protests (which are practically a weekend passtime in Portland and Seattle) and COVID deaths.

It's too bad so many people plugged exclusively into RW media just take it all at face value.
    Its a seasonal occurrence. Spending the the winter in a treehouse in the outskirts of Eugene is miserablé even for Anarchists. So they like to overwinter back at their parents places in Lake Oswego.
    While the parents are spending a few weeks at their condo at Mt Bachelor, the kids come up; do some smashy and raid the liquor cabinet.
    Government Affiliated Snark

Quote Originally Posted by Hadriker View Post
    Apparently the Trump Admin had no actual plan in place for vaccine distribution and the Biden Admin is going to have to build one from scratch

On his first full day as President Biden will be issuing a slew of initiatives and a couple EOs regarding COVID

I also hear hes looking at using the defense production act as well to assist with ramping up testing and vaccine distribution. Bidens gonna end up doing more to combat Covid in his first 24 hours than Trump did in the last 10 months.
    Read one take and seems true:

The Trump administration was a hollow. Nothing to besisdes its racist policies.

My goodness, this idiot helped contribute to at least 100k deaths,conservativaly speaking. Almost won a 2nd term.

The sad part as quoted above if he super half-assed a effort on Corona, would have one a 2nd term.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Well, you Trumpsters sure did back an incompetent Nazi, didn't you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I think we need to stop calling Trump and his administration incompetent.

They were malicious and just didn't give a shit. Trump playing golf every weekend, and Jared pushing an agenda to let "blue states" suffer under the effects of COVID with little federal assistance is proof enough of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    I think we need to stop calling Trump and his administration incompetent.

They were malicious and just didn't give a shit. Trump playing golf every weekend, and Jared pushing an agenda to let "blue states" suffer under the effects of COVID with little federal assistance is proof enough of that.
    They were also malicious, but even when they did try and accomplish things, their incompetence got in the way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krakan View Post
    I think people have a warped view about how much will realistically change. Things are going to keep running as usual just with less twitter fights.
    Just in 24 hours, we are back in the WHO, Paris Accord... project 1776, the Keystone pipeline are dead...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

I think he was a very competent nazi.....

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Yup, no checks are coming. "March?" so nothing. Ill believe it when I see it, but now saying its not for 60 more days? Wow, Its not coming. The political capital is gone by then and there really is a betrayal on promises made in Georgia.

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    Yup, no checks are coming. "March?" so nothing. Ill believe it when I see it, but now saying its not for 60 more days? Wow, Its not coming. The political capital is gone by then and there really is a betrayal on promises made in Georgia.

I gotta know... how could you listen to her for more than 15 seconds without punching your monitor?

I love that you are bitching about them not acting fast enough, when it has been... less than 24 fucking hours. Meanwhile, you were silent when the GOP was in control for years.
    Last edited by Machismo; 2021-01-21 at 04:47 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I gotta know... how could you listen to her for more than 15 seconds without punching your monitor?
    Theo already has to listen to herself all day, so she's used to vapid exaggerated nonsense

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    The entire inauguration was shown on our 2 oldest channels here in the UK (BBC and ITV). I'd be curious to see how many here watched it.
    Brits do love their pageantry, don't they? It's about the closest we have to royal weddings here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post

I think she got that info from a tweet that didn’t have the full info on it. They said a full COVID bill won’t be out until March, but a relief bill is coming next week.

10+ Year Old Account
    Biden has really good genes apparently.

President Joe Biden's Irish ancestors celebrate his inauguration with champagne and cake.

BBC finally made corrections. The twitter editor was tipsy.
    Biden inauguration: Irish cousins celebrate with champagne and cake

Whereas Trump's distant Scots relatives were suing him to stop his dumb golf course.
    Germany reminded everyone that Drumpf's other family left under a cloud of draft dodging.
    Last edited by Milchshake; 2021-01-21 at 05:02 PM.
    Government Affiliated Snark

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    I think she got that info from a tweet that didn’t have the full info on it. They said a full COVID bill won’t be out until March, but a relief bill is coming next week.
    "Progressive" media seem to be working overtime to miss the fuckin facts. They've taken his covid response plan he recently released and treat it as if it's his full health plan, leading to "HE DROPPED THE PUBLIC OPTION!!!" despite the fact that he hasn't.

It's depressingly proving the point for why I've largely avoided treating "progressive" media with too much seriousness.

I think our kinship with the UK can get a little dicey when it comes to our sympathies with certain of the Irish.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    News organizations need to report the news instead of sensationalizing it.
    Excuse you, they don't label themselves as News Organizations, but "Entertainment".

It's very legally distinct.