Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Or, it's almost like we have enthusiasm for anything even remotely sane, less radical, something traditional...dare I say, conservative.
    I'm still trying to find the trucks driving around downtown in circles with a dozen Biden flags on them. And the antifa flags.

Or the houses decked out in life-sized cutouts of Biden and photoshops of Biden as Rambo.

I'm sure we'll see that kind of "enthusiasm" aaaannnnnyyyyy dddddaaaaayyyyyyyy now.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I'm still trying to find the trucks driving around downtown in circles with a dozen Biden flags on them. And the antifa flags.

Or the houses decked out in life-sized cutouts of Biden and photoshops of Biden as Rambo.

I'm sure we'll see that kind of "enthusiasm" aaaannnnnyyyyy dddddaaaaayyyyyyyy now.
    Fuck Rambo

Joe Biden is the goddamn terminator

WOOOOOOO!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    Joe Biden is the goddamn terminator
    "Come with me if you want a living wage" shit that's Bernie isn't it

or the ones photoshopping Biden with waaay less weight and a much more well built physique.
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

I posted Kool & The Gang's "Celebration" on my (new) Twitter account. Does that qualify?

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    I posted Kool & The Gang's "Celebration" on my (new) Twitter account. Does that qualify?
    Are you celebrating "Yay Biden" or "Yay not Trump"?

Both, though the "Yay Biden" part is mainly in response to his actions since being inaugurated.

Both, though the "Yay Biden" part is mainly in response to his actions since being inaugurated.
    Wait...are you telling me that your respect for a president is linked to his policy...and not just because he "trolls the libs"?

That seems very unpatriotic :P

Wait...are you telling me that your respect for a president is linked to his policy...and not just because he "trolls the libs"?

That seems very unpatriotic :P
    Yeah, I know. I'm an expat so I guess I should move back to recharge my 'MURICA sensibilities before I become dangerously level-headed.

10+ Year Old Account
    You inspired me to check my Twitter account, I have not touched in years. I’m apparently so woke... I retweeted Bernie Sanders in 2014...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Both for me as well.

TBF though . . . it's a bit more "Yay not Trump." However, given his EO actions so far, I'm optimistic.
    Putin khuliyo

I don't know what this means, but are you saying it was "less bad" for them to be sold into slavery?
    Less bad to be sold to the americans compared to the other destinations. America wasn't the oldest or even largest buyer of slaves at the time though it was rather more... I hate to use the word humane for it as it doesn't fit... less cruel? Options.

It's why I am always baffled by the utter ignorance of americans when it comes to world history you would think they authored every misery and triumph of the world while being one of the youngest nations.

Quote Originally Posted by Krakan View Post
    Less bad to be sold to the americans compared to the other destinations. America wasn't the oldest or even largest buyer of slaves at the time though it was rather more... I hate to use the word humane for it as it doesn't fit... less cruel? Options.
    I mean, I'm pretty fucking comfortable not equivocating on the issue, myself. Slavery is slavery, it's all horrid, and there is no "less cruel" option. It was all barbaric, inhuman, and monstrous.

Which sidesteps the related problem of the fact that the South went to war literally to preserve the institution, but that's getting off topic for this thread.

It's why I am always baffled by the utter ignorance of americans when it comes to world history you would think they authored every misery and triumph of the world while being one of the youngest nations.
    Yes, we know. Americans are ignorant of US history. Americans are also ignorant of world history. Neither of which is here or there when we're talking about functional Klansmen trying to rewrite US history.

Which again, is why I'm glad folks that seem to think like you aren't in the government and aren't working on our education policies.

Do you honestly think any of this matters in the slightest? "American slaves had it better[citation needed], so we shouldn't do anything about the centuries-long impact the practice had on race relations in the United States!" couldn't be a more pathetic line to take.

Which again, is why I'm glad folks that seem to think like you aren't in the government and aren't working on our education policies.
    I wouldn't be too sure about that...

10+ Year Old Account
    These are the 8 people arrested earlier yesterday after a crowd attacked the Democratic Party of Oregon headquarters in Portland.
    These are the people incited by dumdum radical media influencers like Jimmy Dore and Kyle Kulinski.

What’s wrong this picture?

Im starting to see why they typically hide behind anime avatars or pretend to be belgian.
    Government Affiliated Snark

I mean, I'm pretty fucking comfortable not equivocating on the issue, myself. Slavery is slavery, it's all horrid, and there is no "less cruel" option. It was all barbaric, inhuman, and monstrous.
    Yeah it's pretty fucking gross for someone to be like "well, American Slavers were the Good Slavers"

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah it's pretty fucking gross for someone to be like "well, American Slavers were the Good Slavers"
    It’s precisely the kind of nonsense narrative that needs removing from the school system.

Republicans can’t simultaneously praise themselves as the party of Lincoln and also say “slavery wasn’t that bad” when Lincoln called it, and I quote, a “moral, social, and political evil.”
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Weird watching the American president talk, without coming up with weird ideas like cleaning your internals with bleach.

It's gonna take some time, to get used to good arguments, and logic thinking behind the POTUS actions. I guess we always have Boris Johnson to provide the entertainment.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    It’s precisely the kind of nonsense narrative that needs removing from the school system.

Republicans can’t simultaneously praise themselves as the party of Lincoln and also say “slavery wasn’t that bad” when Lincoln called it, and I quote, a “moral, social, and political evil.”
    Name one thing the repubs have not been major hypocrites about.

To think they cannot go full hypocrite on yet another thing is not going to get you anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by PresidentGreymane View Post
    These are the 8 people arrested earlier yesterday after a crowd attacked the Democratic Party of Oregon headquarters in Portland.
    These are the people incited by dumdum radical media influencers like Jimmy Dore and Kyle Kulinski.

What’s wrong this picture?

Im starting to see why they typically hide behind anime avatars or pretend to be belgian.
    alright andy ngo calm down