Great progress so far. As I've posted more than once, Biden wasn't my first choice, but I'm going to try to remain level-headed and judge him based on what actually happens.

They should avoid the trap and boost the 1,400 to 2,000, but even if they don't the amount of benefits most Americans would get is already well beyond 2k when counting everything besides the direct payment. Honestly, it's more than I would expect a conservative democrat to go for.

The progressives want payments for multiple months. I suppose that's possible, but I'm not holding my breath.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hadriker View Post
    That's a single Op Ed by one person speculating it could take anywhere from Feb. to March to get the bill passed depending on the republican senate members.

its literally one persons opinion on what COULD happen. it doesn't mean much of anything right now. The grasping at straws comment was accurate
    It's already been winnowed down to 1.4k mate, and most of these problems are within the Dems power to avoid these problems. But do go off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    It's already been winnowed down to 1.4k mate, and most of these problems are within the Dems power to avoid these problems. But do go off.
    Except, it still totals $2k. I know math is hard when your eyes are closed.

As has been pointed out by your own source, it's your party's fault.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega10 View Post
    His inaugural speech was a nicely worded call to action for progressives. And progressives are following through.
    Words are super easy. Democrats have long proven their skill at saying things like 2k checks, or Universal Health Care. In the case of Biden he's already dropped that "Public Option" talk which was itself a half baked compromised sliver of what just expanding Medicare to everyone would be. Biden has already copy and pasted a Health Insurance Lobbyists wish list as his program for Health Care, and has already backtracked on the checks.

Biden talked a lot of nonsense and focus group tested PR shpeel designed for people who interpret politics through the lens of Marvel movies.
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Words are super easy. Democrats have long proven their skill at saying things like 2k checks, or Universal Health Care. In the case of Biden he's already dropped that "Public Option" talk which was itself a half baked compromised sliver of what just expanding Medicare to everyone would be. Biden has already copy and pasted a Health Insurance Lobbyists wish list as his program for Health Care, and has already backtracked on the checks.

Biden talked a lot of nonsense and focus group tested PR shpeel designed for people who interpret politics through the lens of Marvel movies.
    Again, no, he didn't. That's "progressive media" treating his covid plan as if it's his health care plan, which is a separate plan.

https://www.healthcaredive.com/news/...n-plan/593342/

The public option still exists in his plan. You're slingin bad information.

Edit: because media like this - https://www.jacobinmag.com/2021/01/j...insurance-plan

Treat this - https://buildbackbetter.gov/wp-conte...Fact-Sheet.pdf

Like it's this - https://joebiden.com/healthcare/
    Last edited by Edge-; 2021-01-22 at 05:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega10 View Post
    On the one hand I am frustrated that a $2k bill has not already passed.

On the other hand, Biden has done a lot for the left already. A lot more than I expected.
    No he hasn’t....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Except, it still totals $2k. I know math is hard when your eyes are closed.

As has been pointed out by your own source, it's your party's fault.
    When you add in the $600.

But after the $600 they still campaigned on a 2k bill not a 1400 bill. The 1400 is like a compromise with the the previous 1400.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    No he hasn’t....

- - - Updated - - -

When you add in the $600.

But after the $600 they still campaigned on a 2k bill not a 1400 bill. The 1400 is like a compromise with the the previous 1400.
    And the Dems already voted on that in Congress... still on the GOP, as per her article.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Again, no, he didn't. That's "progressive media" treating his covid plan as if it's his health care plan, which is a separate plan.

https://www.healthcaredive.com/news/...n-plan/593342/

The public option still exists in his plan. You're slingin bad information.

Edit: because media like this - https://www.jacobinmag.com/2021/01/j...insurance-plan

Treat this - https://buildbackbetter.gov/wp-conte...Fact-Sheet.pdf

Like it's this - https://joebiden.com/healthcare/
    Citing literal press releases as a fact is precisely why I regularly just say you are a stenographer whose politics is practically synonymous with celebrity worship. I am glad that according to Joe Biden, Joe Biden is great and totally going to do X, Y, and Z and that those are good things! Why would Joe Biden lie about that.

So what is this?

Theo: "Doesn't look like any of that stuff is happening, look at what he is doing"

Edge: "UMMMM Joe Biden said Joe Biden is good and doing things!"

Yeah, of course Joe Biden says Joe Biden is going to do things. I see no proof of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    Great progress so far. As I've posted more than once, Biden wasn't my first choice, but I'm going to try to remain level-headed and judge him based on what actually happens.
    I think that's fair. Progressives are getting some green energy items I've already linked tihs very day.

Citing literal press releases as a fact is precisely why I regularly just say you are a stenographer whose politics is practically synonymous with celebrity worship. I am glad that according to Joe Biden, Joe Biden is great and totally going to do X, Y, and Z and that those are good things! Why would Joe Biden lie about that.

So what is this?

Theo: "Doesn't look like any of that stuff is happening, look at what he is doing"

Yeah, of course Joe Biden says Joe Biden is going to do things. I see no proof of it.
    It's a fact that your own source refuted you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Words are super easy. Democrats have long proven their
    *LOUD ANNOYING BUZZER*

Trump supporters have no moral authority to say "polticians break promises". They chose to ignore all the warnings about Trump's impossible promises, and now they're left with "um, uh, both sides do it, covfefe!"

Trump wasn't just a standard politician who broke standard politician promises. Trump got massive applause for things that were impossible, like curing cancer and AIDS, peace in the Middle East, 25 million jobs and Mexico paying for the Wall. This isn't Horde vs. Alliance, this is Horde/Alliance vs. Scourge.

Your logical fallacies are handwaved. You have no power here.

I sometimes wonder if people that talk like this dont realize just how online they sound

Like fr normal people dont talk like this, Biden worked bc he appealed to well socialized human beings not to people like this

As for all the debate regarding the public option and whatever. Demand it until it happens bc I do agree that just bc the president got electected doesnt mean their platform will be a thing 100%. Although I find it kinda weird Biden is being singled out bc its more of a congress/senate issue right?

One day you'll take a swing at something that isn't a strawman.

All I did was point out, accurately, that "progressive media" are treating Biden's Covid plan as if it's his health care plan, which is a separate plan/proposal and still includes the public option.

Releasing...plans? Of which his covid and health care proposals are both higher level ideas? To quote you -

literal press releases
    It's been like...48 hours barely, is he supposed to somehow get legislation pushed through with a Congress that's grappling with a ton of issues and currently can't even agree on the filibuster?

No, I'm correcting you that Joe Biden's plan still has the public option, and that "progressive media" are slinging some "FAKE NEWS" bullshit by misrepresenting his covid response plan as his health care plan.

He hasn't done anything with his covid response plan either. Outside of releasing a "press release".

Yet here we are, with you very crossed at him releasing a press release while being dismissive of me for citing said press releases to correct your misinformation.

10+ Year Old Account
    For anyone who enjoyed it enough to watch again... better than...

Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    He hasn't done anything with his covid response plan either. Outside of releasing a "press release".

Yet here we are, with you very crossed at him releasing a press release while being dismissive of me for citing said press releases to correct your misinformation.
    Its literally his second day as the president, I am not sure what exactly he is expect him to do lol

My understanding is that he is working on a vaccine distribution plan bc that is a more urgent matter more so if its true that the Trump admin did not have one, but like going for the things that Biden has done it seems he is at least trying to fullfill the promises that were made (at least the ones that could be done via EO)

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBrown1917 View Post
    If you got nothing to say, dont bother.
    I feel like I should repeat myself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

Quote Originally Posted by NED funded View Post
    Its literally his second day as the president, I am not sure what exactly he is expect him to do lol
    For "progressives", apparently, everything all at once because POTUS has unlimited power or something.

My understanding is that he is working on a vaccine distribution plan bc that is a more urgent matter more so if its true that the Trump admin did not have one, but like going for the things that Biden has done it seems he is at least trying to fullfill the promises that were made (at least the ones that could be done via EO)
    Yep, and Congress has their own challenges and priorities, like Republicans currently balking at the latest $1.9T proposal and trying to whittle it down because they don't want to help people out as they've remembered they pretend to care about the national debt.

He's already done quite a lot via EO, including potentially the largest expansion of LGBTQ+ rights (and done to make it difficult for a Republican president to change it if/when the changes are finalized), and undoing some of Trump's garbage. But "progressives" don't seem to understand that different processes have different...well...processes, that require different hoops to jump through, take different amounts of time, and get moved up or down the priority list based on what's immediately needed and more practical.

I sometimes wonder if people that talk like this dont realize just how online they sound

Like fr normal people dont talk like this, Biden worked bc he appealed to well socialized human beings not to people like this

As for all the debate regarding the public option and whatever. Demand it until it happens bc I do agree that just bc the president got electected doesnt mean their platform will be a thing 100%. Although I find it kinda weird Biden is being singled out bc its more of a congress/senate issue right?
    Then, why did you vote for Trump?

So what is this?

What proof are you looking for in 48 hours after inauguration? Honest question.

https://thehill.com/policy/finance/e...19-protections

President Biden on Friday is set to sign an executive order expanding the scope of nutrition assistance programs, an effort to address a growing hunger crisis caused by the COVID-19 pandemic, and boosting worker protections.

The latest census Pulse Survey found 13.7 percent of adults said they did not have enough to eat in the previous week, a figure that's higher among Latino and Black households.

The executive order would reinterpret rules already in law, making benefits more generous. Benefits from the Pandemic Electronic Benefits Transfer, a program to help families cover costs for food children normally get at school meals, would increase 15 percent, about $50 a month for a family with three children.

The order would also expand the Emergency Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), formerly known as food stamps, to families that were previously deemed ineligible, to about 12 million people.

It will also kick off a process of reevaluating the Department of Agriculture's Thrifty Food Plan, which serves as the basis for SNAP. Redefining what constitutes healthy nutrition through the plan could expand the level of benefits.

The order would also clarify that unemployed people have the right to refuse a job they deem unsafe without losing unemployment benefits.
    Expanded nutritional assistance for children and families in poverty? More worker protections so workers who cannot safely return to work can continue to collect unemployment?

And a revisiting of the Thrifty Food Plan so it likely provides better nutrition?

Man, why can't Biden focus on issues that actually help people hurting and suffering right now?

Oh wait...he fuckin is. Weird.