Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Like I keep saying... covid is on democrats, because they didn’t use reverse psychology. They had to have known that Trump won’t listen and will do the opposite of what they say. Maybe if democrats were saying COVID is nothing, our situation would be much better... minus Trump being president... that would still suck...
    I was going to post about what a fucking moron you are and probably get myself infracted and then I saw who it was that posted and realized you're just being you again. :P At some point you're going to have to throw a /s into your sig.

When is this stimulus package being passed? This was one of the major campaign promises was it not?

Quote Originally Posted by Omega10 View Post
    Right now the attacks on Vice President Harris are increasing her visibility and her clout. Presumably they are also thickening up her skin and teaching her how to use republican attacks on her to her advantage and against them.

She'll get TONS of attacks, mostly false, in 2024.

- - - Updated - - -

It will be easier for Manchin and Sinema to stand up to the Chamber of Commerce and other business groups if democratic bills are providing much needed aid to their constituents.

One comment about the stimulus package though:

If the stimulus package really will be paid for by offsetting cuts to Medicaid, then it needs to not happen. Cutting Medicaid so that airlines can get another bailout is just not acceptable. The funding for this package - even if it's "from the national treasury paid for at a future time" - needs to be explicitly spelled out in writing in the bill.
    It is not paid for by cuts to medicaid that all comes from the weird paygo rules. But those also do huge cuts to farm aid and defense spending. This is the reason basically every time in the past that has come up they insert a single line in some bill to negate paygo from coming into effect. The dems playing hardball on this is fine as long as they are willing to push the messaging hard about why do the gop want to defund our military and farmers hard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    I was going to post about what a fucking moron you are and probably get myself infracted and then I saw who it was that posted and realized you're just being you again. :P At some point you're going to have to throw a /s into your sig.
    Wait a minute...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Selvari7 View Post
    When is this stimulus package being passed? This was one of the major campaign promises was it not?
    Democrats based the second stimulus in May...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

It’s sad that republicans are fighting over one time payments FOR MONTHS. shows you how much they don’t care

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    It’s sad that republicans are fighting over one time payments FOR MONTHS. shows you how much they don’t care
    They bolstered the stop the steal lies for months, as covid was reaching its highest levels. But, for a tax cut for the rich, they were rushing with scribbled notes of paper, so it’s not delayed by a second.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    It's making steady progress through reconciliation and is expected to pass the house pretty quickly here. The senate may take a bit long since the GOP delayed the impeachment trial until after the inauguration. Let me know when you realize the only people standing in the way are the GOP. You keep ignoring that fact...
    He is ignoring it, because the person he linked as his example of not being right wing, was pushing the idiotic ‘force the vote’. Which had potential of splitting the DNC vote for speaker, resulting in either a drawn out, repeated vote, or GOP minority leader winning. Their punishment for democrats not doing their will, is to primary every progressive in congress.

I guess Briana has to justify getting paid 30k per month...

https://twitter.com/AndrewSolender/s...20677918543875

I know this won't change any minds, but it may win a few hearts.

Biden plays Mario Kart, yo. Granted it looks to be the Switch version (I think? I only go as far as the N64 version) in an arcade cabinet, but that's probably cooler.

You may hate his policies, but his choice of game is just fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    And, typically, the first reply I see to that is a complaint about how people are dying to COVID and he dares take a second to do something that isn't laser focus on the issue. Wonder if they also complained about Trump doing fuck all while he was at the WH, never mind when he'd constantly fuck off to go golfing.

At least one of them is actually doing something and probably earned a tiny break.
    Nope. A year ago these people were mad about Nancy Pelosi's ice cream. Assumed Biden was dead and/or a rapist.

Jacobin: How Luigi will cost the Dems 2022!
    Government Affiliated Snark

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Wait a minute...
    You know what I meant. :P

And, typically, the first reply I see to that is a complaint about how people are dying to COVID and he dares take a second to do something that isn't laser focus on the issue. Wonder if they also complained about Trump doing fuck all while he was at the WH, never mind when he'd constantly fuck off to go golfing.
    If it's the same comment I saw, I quickly skimmed their timeline and nope. No complaints about how Trump went golfing nearly twice as much as Obama in a single term.

10+ Year Old Account

At least one of them is actually doing something and probably earned a tiny break.
    As far as I’m concerned Biden has done more to both combat Covid and, frankly, lead the country in the past 28 days than trump did throughout his entire presidency, so I think he earned himself a Mario kart break.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    As far as I’m concerned Biden has done more to both combat Covid and, frankly, lead the country in the past 28 days than trump did throughout his entire presidency, so I think he earned himself a Mario kart break.
    Remember when Donald Trump was inaugurated and then immediately announced he'd be taking the weekend off and would start work the following Monday?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    So now the measuring stick is what the former president did ? Way to set the bar low.

10+ Year Old Account
    So now the measuring stick is what the former president did ?
    Why wouldn't it be? If the bar is too low, who's fault is that?
    /s

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    So now the measuring stick is what the former president did ? Way to set the bar low.
    It's even worse, because we're using your own words against you - you set the bar by having your dear leader compare himself to the past president. It's not our fault Trump came up short in almost every category, I guess that's why we voted him out of office. Biden is already light years ahead in COVID and actually helping Americans. Comparing Biden to Trump is like comparing Da Vinci to kindergarten finger painting.

But do let us know when Mexico cuts that check for the wall.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...itarian-crisis

Whoa whoa whoa, what is this? Pro-austerity neoliberal Biden, who loves bombing people is ending US support of the Saudi operations in Yemen? And freezing arm sales to the Saudis?

I feel like we were warned that he was gonna ramp up bombing, this doesn't seem like he's ramping up bombing or supporting bombing in the middle east. What gives?
    https://thehill.com/policy/defense/5...-new-questions

Never got around to this but it doesn't really look like he is ending support but instead just reframing it around defence in stead of offence which... could lead to exactly nothing changing as he said..

"We are ending all American support for offensive operations in the war on Yemen including relevant arm sales"

Which isn't to say we Arne't arming them... we aren't going to arm them with weapons relevant to offence, but what about defence? Those operations will continue as well as American support of those operations.

When you note that the pentagon already considers most of the action around Saudi Arabia and Yemen to be defensive what changes?

But Biden and other administration officials also stressed the United States would continue defending the Saudis from attacks, as well as continue counterterrorism operations inside Yemen against al Qaeda and ISIS
    So the question then is what does Biden think of it and how does Biden view it? If the pentagon views it as defensive and ergo arm Saudis... is that going to happen or will Biden deem it offensive and stop it?

Jake Sullivan also confirmed this will not stop Americans bombing Yemen war on terror and all that.
    Last edited by Themius; 2021-02-16 at 10:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://twitter.com/AndrewSolender/s...20677918543875

I know this won't change any minds, but it may win a few hearts.

Biden plays Mario Kart, yo. Granted it looks to be the Switch version (I think? I only go as far as the N64 version) in an arcade cabinet, but that's probably cooler.

You may hate his policies, but his choice of game is just fine.
    I like how all the right wingers are bitching that he is playing Mario Cart, with his first days off since taking the presidency, and didn't say a fucking word when Trump literally took the first weekend off after his inauguration, to go spend millions of dollars at his own fucking golf course, that went directly to him from tax payers.

I dare say it was high enough for you a year ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    I dare say it was high enough for you a year ago.
    We already know what the guy is, even caught where he was trying his stuff in the WoW classic section.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    And, typically, the first reply I see to that is a complaint about how people are dying to COVID
    To which the immediate reply is "Trump went golfing"