10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    I'm a troll because I'm upset the bill isn't doing more to help people? I'm a troll because i want Dems to pull the country back from the brink of alt right destruction? I'm a troll because I'm upset that after the Repubs let 500k americans die, they still have a shot at taking back control fo our government in two years? I'm a troll because I was telling people this kind of shit would happen 4 years ago unless the Dems got tough and went more progressive?
    You must have Jeezy on ignore... lol
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    You must have Jeezy on ignore... lol
    I don't. If that was for him, i apologize. My bad.
    Last edited by Bodakane; 2021-03-02 at 04:15 AM.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

I'm a troll because I'm upset the bill isn't doing more to help people?
    This wasn't targeted towards you.
    Jeezywhiz likes to mouth off stating obvious lies and bullshit, and for no other reason than he's a self-hating Trump supporter who is apparently still mad (bro) that both Trump's election bid and his ridiculous little insurrection failed miserably.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    This wasn't targeted towards you.
    Jeezywhiz likes to mouth off stating obvious lies and bullshit, and for no other reason than he's a self-hating Trump supporter who is apparently still mad (bro) that both Trump's election bid and his ridiculous little insurrection failed miserably.
    Yup. I fucked up. My bad. Sorry about that.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

If it gets passed thank sanders for not being a coward.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeezy911 View Post
    So did the parties switch or not, or are you going to concede that the Democrats are still the Party of the KKK?
    The Democrats used to be the party of the KKK. They are now the party of the Civil Rights Act and the Voting Rights Act.

The GOP used to be the party of Lincoln who freed the slaves and hated corporations. They are now the party of the KKK and the racist War on Drugs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Garland announces his top priority will be going after white supremacists (as in active ones, not ones who spent a lifetime atoning for a mistake) and murderous insurrectionists as AG.

Immediately voted 15-7 by panel to full vote.

Cruz, Cotton and Lee voted against, because they were half a step from being part of the mob themselves, but so did Sasse.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    I don't. If that was for him, i apologize. My bad.
    I mean, we're at each other throats [again], and I didn't think it was for you. That's supposed to be a nice-thing/compliment, in case it comes out different (written communication can really suck sometimes).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    What do you mean?

Why? I haven't been following all the nuts and bolts, what's he doing that the rest of Democrats aren't?

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Garland announces his top priority will be going after white supremacists (as in active ones, not ones who spent a lifetime atoning for a mistake) and murderous insurrectionists as AG.

Immediately voted 15-7 by panel to full vote.

Cruz, Cotton and Lee voted against, because they were half a step from being part of the mob themselves, but so did Sasse.
    I'm VERY curious to see their social media and cell phone records on the days leading up and especially during the Insurrection.

Hmf...Republicans Chuck Grassley of Iowa, the ranking member of the committee, Lindsey Graham of South Carolina, John Cornyn of Texas and Thom Tillis of North Carolina joined all Democrats on the panel in supporting the nomination.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Why? I haven't been following all the nuts and bolts, what's he doing that the rest of Democrats aren't?
    He gets to decide if it stays in the bill and he decided it will. It now will require an overrule AND for a temporary filibuster removal to remove the $15 wage. Imagine if democrats manchin and sinema actually tried to remove the filibuster lol.

He’s vowing to force the vote

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    He gets to decide if it stays in the bill and he decided it will. It now will require an overrule AND for a temporary filibuster removal to remove the $15 wage. Imagine if democrats manchin and sinema actually tried to remove the filibuster lol.

The minimum wage provision that the Senate Parliamentarian said had to go? That's fucking awesome - go Bernie!

Oh good, he is ignoring the parliamentarian. Good, great, awesome.

I look forward to Republican Senators showing up to the floor to argue why people should remain poor and exploited.

Bernie Sanders quote was btw

“I regard it absurd that the parliamentarian, a senate staffer elected by no one, can orecent a wage increase for 32 million workers.”

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-b1809917.html

Senator Bernie Sanders has urged Democrats to “ignore” a ruling from the Senate’s parliamentarian that excludes raising the federal hourly minimum wage to $15 from its current $7.25.

The progressive Independent senator from Vermont announced on Monday that he intends to force a Senate vote on an amendment to a coronavirus relief package that includes the wage hike.

“At a time when millions of workers are earning starvation wages, when the minimum wage has not been raised by Congress since 2007 and stands at a pathetic $7.25 an hour, it is time to raise the minimum wage to a living wage,” the senator said in a statement.

The White House has rejected calls to overrule the parliamentarian – an adviser on Senate rules – as Joe Biden rallies lawmakers around the passage of a $1.9 trillion relief package that is critical to his administration’s efforts to combat the pandemic.

“President Biden is disappointed in this outcome, as he proposed having the $15 minimum wage as part of the American Rescue Plan,” White House press secretary Jen Psaki said in a statement on 26 February. “He respects the parliamentarian’s decision and the Senate’s process.”

Senator Sanders said that he was “extremely disappointed” with the ruling, “but even more importantly, I regard it as absurd that the parliamentarian, a Senate staffer elected by no one, can prevent a wage increase for 32 million workers.”

“My own personal view is that the Senate should ignore the parliamentarian’s advice, which is wrong in a number of respects,” he said in a statement. “I am not sure, however, that my view at this point is the majority view in the Democratic Caucus.”

Like look at how fucking weak Biden is being.

The White House has rejected calls to overrule the parliamentarian – an adviser on Senate rules – as Joe Biden rallies lawmakers around the passage of a $1.9 trillion relief package that is critical to his administration’s efforts to combat the pandemic.

President Biden is disappointed in this outcome, as he proposed having the $15 minimum wage as part of the American Rescue Plan,

Disappointed? IT'S AN ADVISORY OPINION OF AN UNELECTED BUREAUCRAT. not a fucking law ruling fuck outta here with that bullshit..... We are talking about millions of people making potentially an extra 16k at fulltime hours in the best case.

Disappointed? IT'S AN ADVISORY OPINION OF AN UNELECTED BUREAUCRAT. not a fucking law ruling fuck outta here with that bullshit..... We are talking about millions of people making potentially an extra 16k at fulltime hours in the best case.
    YEAH! Let's hire capable individuals and throw them to the curb when they're inconvenient. I'm looking forward to the Dems becoming as ignorant as the GOP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    The minimum wage provision that the Senate Parliamentarian said had to go? That's fucking awesome - go Bernie!
    I dunno, odds this is another on of Bernie's bluffs.
    Sad thing about Bernie bluffs, they only work on very online people. On other senators ... not so much.

Just 60 days ago ... "Sanders vows to filibuster the veto-override for the Defense Budget for $2,000 checks."
    That filibuster never happened. Odds that "Force the vote 3.0" happens ... not much better.

Bernie just doesn't have 50 votes, either way. That's why he's been laying blame at the parliamentarian for the past few days.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    YEAH! Let's hire capable individuals and throw them to the curb when they're inconvenient. I'm looking forward to the Dems becoming as ignorant as the GOP.
    It's basically your lawyer advising you to not do a thing, because you'll get sued for it.
    In this case, it delays the whole 1.9 trillion.

/warp in that popcorn, itll be a long week.

Quote Originally Posted by Milchshake View Post
    It's basically your lawyer advising you to not do a thing, because you'll get sued for it.
    In this case, it delays the whole 1.9 trillion.

/warp in that popcorn, itll be a long week.
    To be fair, the Dems will probably get sued anyways. Abbott's gotta distract the locals from how he blew up his own state. A frivolous lawsuit that'll test out the new SCOTUS majority sounds about right.

I get people are really disappointed but instead of whining about how she's an unelected official, how about an explainer on why she might be wrong. The big point about electing Biden is that he'll listen to the opinion of capable bureaucrats.

Corporate stooges are corporate stooges.

The opinion is a fucking stupid once since wages DIRECTLY CORRELATES with how much money the government gets.

- - - Updated - - -

To be fair, the Dems will probably get sued anyways. Abbott's gotta distract the locals from how he blew up his own state. A frivolous lawsuit that'll test out the new SCOTUS majority sounds about right.

I get people are really disappointed but instead of whining about how she's an unelected official, how about an explainer on why she might be wrong. The big point about electing Biden is that he'll listen to the opinion of capable bureaucrats.
    Unelected person blocking the will of millions of voters. Stop licking that corporate dem boot.

10+ Year Old Account

Capable bureaucrats versus podcasters ... I mean, Cenk Uyghur was supposedly a lawyer 20 odd years ago.

Anyways, my money is on Bernie folding <again>. The March 12 cliff is coming.

Coincidence, it's the about the anniversary for the 30% bluff getting called.... The moment the twitter/youtube theory of politics fell apart.

Last edited by Milchshake; 2021-03-02 at 06:12 AM.