10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Hmm. Interesting. That's far more dangerous than every other time it's been mentioned has implied.

Of course, the Nuclear Option is limited. Meaning, if they used it to overrule the parliamentarian, they could then not use it to, say, pass it with 50+Harris.

Still, useful and interesting information. Thanks for pointing it out. I'm extra glad we don't have a 60/40 Senate and haven't for a while -- you could do a lot of damage by simply ignoring a rule once/boss pull.
    Tt's a chicken/egg scenario.

IF The parliamentarian cites rule 312, then it's 50 votes to overrule her.
    But if Harris decides to overrule the parliamentarian - then... McConnell calls a POO using Rule 312... requiring 60 votes to overrule.

It's upsetting to see these NeoProgressives demanding that Harris act as their mule. Because they're to chicken shit and dont want the eventual blame for failing the 60 vote.

Quote Originally Posted by Milchshake View Post
    The Blue Slip rule? That some dum dum Senator from Vermont brought back, to handicap Obama judicial appointments?
    The Blue Slip rule isn't actually a Senate rule. It's more of a traditional professional courtesy, which is why the Republicans happily ignored it without consequence when asked to observe it themselves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    I thought her career nose dived, after she let it slip that she has a boy friend?
    When you want to act out against your conservative husband, you cosplay as a leftist online.

Unfortunately, thirsty BernieBros mistake this as genuine attention directed towards them.

One way or another, I think this ends in a Restraining Order. Or more often catfished bois delete their MMOC accounts.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    I thought her career nose dived, after she let it slip that she has a boy friend?
    Wait...is there political tiktok too? That sounds so much infinitely worse than political twitter, which is already a fucking cesspool of the hottest and spiciest garbage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Wait...is there political tiktok too? That sounds so much infinitely worse than political twitter, which is already a fucking cesspool of the hottest and spiciest garbage.
    It is... they dance to stop Trump...

‘Here is my interpretive dance, to show the need for M4A’
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

So can anyone explain to me why, upon seeing marines, Biden said "salute the marines" instead of actually saluting them? Is it like when you want to /emote something in WoW but /say it instead?

10+ Year Old Account
    Moderate Democrats demonstrate that "cruelty for crumbs" continues to be their guiding light as Biden and Senate Democrats agree on lower eligibility thresholds for the stimulus checks, because making sure help doesn't go to the 'wrong' people is really the most pressing issue we face apparently.

Reminder that means testing has no proven benefit and just results in people who need aid getting it delayed or denied. "Trump sent you more money" will likely be seen as a true statement for a large number of voters (specifically around 12 million people who will be cut out of this latest round of stimulus) come 2022.

This should have been an easy win.
    Last edited by Elegiac; 2021-03-03 at 09:34 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    So can anyone explain to me why, upon seeing marines, Biden said "salute the marines" instead of actually saluting them? Is it like when you want to /emote something in WoW but /say it instead?
    Are you talking about the video from a month ago that right-wingers are claiming he said "salute the marines" when reminded to salute them through an earpiece (which is also false) when he actually said "good looking marines"?

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Moderate Democrats demonstrate that "cruelty for crumbs" continues to be their guiding light as Biden and Senate Democrats agree on lower eligibility thresholds for the stimulus checks, because making sure help doesn't go to the 'wrong' people is really the most pressing issue we face apparently.

Reminder that means testing has no proven benefit and just results in people who need aid getting it delayed or denied. "Trump sent you more money" will likely be seen as a true statement for a large number of voters (specifically around 12 million people who will be cut out of this latest round of stimulus) come 2022.

This should have been an easy win.
    Since this is paywall, It's people who are making $80,000-$100,000 income and would have gotten drastically smaller 1 time stimulus checks will now not get anything. Everything else is the same. idk, i'm not entirely outraged at this.

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    Since this is paywall, It's people who are making $80,000-$100,000 income and would have gotten drastically smaller 1 time stimulus checks will now not get anything. Everything else is the same. idk, i'm not entirely outraged at this.
    I think it's dumb, but if this is the concession they have to make to get the Republicans to agree to anything I think it's an acceptable loss.

10+ Year Old Account
    Correction: Who were making 80,000-100,000 according to their 2019 tax returns. Because we all know people's financial situations have not changed since March 2020 at all. /s

There are also 12 million of them and they all vote, so - remind me exactly what the gain here is by being stingy besides giving the GOP a free tagline in 2022 to the tune of "Trump gave you $600, Joe Biden doesn't think you're worth even that"?
    Last edited by Elegiac; 2021-03-03 at 10:08 PM.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

7+ Year Old Account
    These people vote.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venara
    Half this forum would be permanently banned if we did everything some of our users regularly demand or otherwise expect us to do.
    Actual blue mod response on doing what they volunteered to do. No wonder this place is infested.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    I think it's dumb, but if this is the concession they have to make to get the Republicans to agree to anything I think it's an acceptable loss.
    This isn't to please Republicans, it's to please particular Democrats.

Correction: Who were making 80,000-100,000 according to their 2019 tax returns. Because we all know people's financial situations have not changed since March 2020 at all. /s

There are also 12 million of them and they all vote, so - remind me exactly what the gain here is by being stingy besides giving the GOP a free tagline in 2022 to the tune of "Trump gave you $600, Joe Biden doesn't think you're worth even that"?
    When you do your 2020 taxes that will set the value for your 2020 income and if you wind up being eligible you will get that money although it may take longer to get or have to wait for taxes to finish.

- - - Updated - - -

Also note that the income levels listed are after you apply your AGI so the actual income levels covered can be a good bit higher.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaid View Post
    When you do your 2020 taxes that will set the value for your 2020 income and if you wind up being eligible you will get that money although it may take longer to get or have to wait for taxes to finish.
    Fuck all the people who did their taxes in February 2020 and lost their jobs in April, I guess?

Again: What political or economic benefit is actually being purchased here by being stingy? Do y'all think the stimulus will magically not work if it's too broad, is that it? Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    These people vote.
    yeah, they vote, and it's overall dumb, but this doesn't really make me that angry. like, if they decide to vote for the GQP because they lost a couple hundred dollars, they are shitty people.

10+ Year Old Account
    yeah, they vote, and it's overall dumb, but this doesn't really make me that angry. like, if they decide to vote for the GQP because they lost a couple hundred dollars, they are shitty people.
    And I'd argue the Democrats are being shittier, especially to the people that actually need their help by needlessly shearing votes to save a few bucks.

And I'd argue the Democrats are being shittier, especially to the people that actually need their help by needlessly shearing votes to save a few bucks.
    I mean, okay, I don't agree.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bdatik View Post
    Are you talking about the video from a month ago that right-wingers are claiming he said "salute the marines" when reminded to salute them through an earpiece (which is also false) when he actually said "good looking marines"?
    It’s the... Why did Biden call George Lopez, George... he must have meant George Bush... again?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    https://www.politifact.com/factcheck...-claim-joe-bi/

You ever met some "FAKE NEWS" you didn't love and share uncritically without a seconds thought?