https://twitter.com/titoortiz/status...44313778028546

That live-shot of Biden telling reporters he's not taking a trip to the southern border "at the moment"? Yeah, FAKE NEWS GREENSCREEN! HE WASN'T ACTUALLY THERE!

Jesus these next four years are gonna be a slog when it comes to bad, low effort conspiracies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://twitter.com/titoortiz/status...44313778028546

That live-shot of Biden telling reporters he's not taking a trip to the southern border "at the moment"? Yeah, FAKE NEWS GREENSCREEN! HE WASN'T ACTUALLY THERE!

Jesus these next four years are gonna be a slog when it comes to bad, low effort conspiracies.
    I’m going to have to turn to the Iron Sheik for this one:

https://twitter.com/the_ironsheik/st...70574257086464
    DONT CRY BECAUSE ITS OVER BUT SMILE BECAUSE YOU ARE A DUMB SON OF A BITCH
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    I’m going to have to turn to the Iron Sheik for this one:

https://twitter.com/the_ironsheik/st...70574257086464
    I shall go and fuck myself promptly, for I know I am a Jabroni.

I shall go and fuck myself promptly, for I know I am a Jabroni.
    left out the best part about fucking you in the ass and making you humble!!!

Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

biden has to do something about his perception on immigration. it seems like 1 issue we are losing on, biden on covid, economy 60%+ immigration 52%, he needs to do something to show he definitely isnt for open borders, especially since he stopped locking people up thats the perception.

Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    biden has to do something about his perception on immigration. it seems like 1 issue we are losing on, biden on covid, economy 60%+ immigration 52%, he needs to do something to show he definitely isnt for open borders, especially since he stopped locking people up thats the perception.
    He's between a rock and a hard place, and a lot of the perception is driven by dishonest conservative media. If he "focuses" on the border, he'll get raked over the coals for not focusing on covid.

His administration seems to be doing a pretty alright job of grappling with the newest problems/developments. Nobody is thrilled to see some of the detention centers open back up but it appears they're actually making an effort to make them as livable as possible while kids are processed and aren't just dumping them there for longterm holding. He's discouraging people from making the trip up or sending their kids. His administration is apparently working on a system with Central American countries to allow more of these people to apply for asylum without needing to make the long and dangerous trip.

That and some media outlets hungry for those kind of hate/outrage clicks that brought them so much sweet traffic during the Trump era. They're desperate to find controversies/drama anywhere since it's not in as steady supply nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    5) Something about "Expanding the estate tax’s reach" which...I don't know what that means.
    Hopefully it's about a few things, like not devaluing non-voting shares of trusts to be given to offspring specifically to avoid the estate tax or requiring farm land write-offs to be by people who own and work the land instead of being investment tools to avoid the estate tax.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/man-...ry?id=76520037

Not much info, but some dude with guns/ammo got picked up near the VP residence.

It will take time to deal with the backlog created by the previous administration. We have a competent administration. I suspect, in a month or two it will have a process in place.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not much info, but some dude with guns/ammo got picked up near the VP residence.
    Huh. Dude's from Texas. This is my lack of surprise face.

Huh. Dude's from Texas. This is my lack of surprise face.
    I will admit, I was a little surprised. I actually was expecting Florida more.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    I actually was expecting Florida more.
    Texas Man went to an empty house. Florida Man would have shot himself in the foot by accident.

Texas Man went to an empty house. Florida Man would have shot himself in the foot by accident.
    True enough, but the Florida guys I know would have shot themselves in the foot, said they weren’t no pussy and kept on limping like the waiter in the Kung Pow Enter the Fist comedy.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    True enough, but the Florida guys I know would have shot themselves in the foot, said they weren’t no pussy and kept on limping like the waiter in the Kung Pow Enter the Fist comedy.
    I'll never pass up the opportunity to equate Trump supporters and the GOP to Wimp Lo.

He's between a rock and a hard place, and a lot of the perception is driven by dishonest conservative media. If he "focuses" on the border, he'll get raked over the coals for not focusing on covid.

His administration seems to be doing a pretty alright job of grappling with the newest problems/developments. Nobody is thrilled to see some of the detention centers open back up but it appears they're actually making an effort to make them as livable as possible while kids are processed and aren't just dumping them there for longterm holding. He's discouraging people from making the trip up or sending their kids. His administration is apparently working on a system with Central American countries to allow more of these people to apply for asylum without needing to make the long and dangerous trip.

That and some media outlets hungry for those kind of hate/outrage clicks that brought them so much sweet traffic during the Trump era. They're desperate to find controversies/drama anywhere since it's not in as steady supply nowadays.
    Besides the opening of detention centres... I see very little talk about turning away people immediately using some rule Trump used to not have to deal with asylum claims.

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    I'll never pass up the opportunity to equate Trump supporters and the GOP to Wimp Lo.
    Always a good scene but I was remembering the waiter, "This is master pain, now do as he says or he will cut off your big toe".

so hang on, mass shooting the other day, some dude went to shoot kamala harris, some dude let off loads of bombs in north carolina and some dude with a sword and a pickup covered in american flags was having a stand off with cops in utah.

America is coming back!

Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    so hang on, mass shooting the other day, some dude went to shoot kamala harris, some dude let off loads of bombs in north carolina and some dude with a sword and a pickup covered in american flags was having a stand off with cops in utah.

America is coming back!
    Yep, now that they are lifting mask mandates and opening places fully, the nutbars are coming out of the woodwork.

I think at some point he should realize that no matter what he does (within morally acceptable boundaries), he will not get credit from the right for it. If he 'moderates' his stance, or his actions on the border, at NO point will conservative media admit that he is actually doing so; they will shift their focus to all of the other things he ISN'T doing.
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    Yep, now that they are lifting mask mandates and opening places fully, the nutbars are coming out of the woodwork.
    They've always been out there. The news is finally paying attention to them in far greater detail then before.