10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I'm not sure she qualifies as an actress.
    Perhaps, though I do feel the need to correct myself... the actress I was thinking of attempted to mail ricin to Obama and a few other politicians because, in essence, she didn't want the government taking her guns.

Though I will stand by my contention that trying to mail someone a biological weapon is worse than this other moron's blindingly stupid language.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post
    When I took yoga classes, my teacher made me read Mahabharata and Bhagavad Gita.

On another subject. Crazies will be crazies.

Actress Cirsten Weldon Says China Paid Joe Biden to Test 'Weather Warfare' on Texas

I don't think even Obama ever had it this bad.
    Didn't they say Obama was trying to take over Texas one time when it was just some military drills?

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    Didn't they say Obama was trying to take over Texas one time when it was just some military drills?
    Yup. And they were rightfully mocked as such.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    Hmm. Interesting. What did they say when Trump sent thousands of troops to Texas, to stay there for years?

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Senator Roy Blunt states Bidens Infrastructure bill could be an easy win - offers way to improve it.

I don't know how to take something like this - GOP offering to help? Can Sen. Blunt even spell infrastructure?

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    He’s suggesting cutting 70% of the bill...

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/0...ructure-479017
    Well fuck, nvm then. Thought maybe something as simple as "let's make america better" would be easy to get behind. Guess the Grifters of Politics just want their Salty Daddy back.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    The good news is Biden expects to ram it through with no GOP support, so it doesn't matter if they want to get on board or not. The sad part is they'll do what they did with the stimulus. They'll vote against it and then hope that their supporters don't check the tally as they claim credit.
    I'm glad to hear it. Having three solid legislative packages within the first six months of his Presidency will certainly help the Democrats during midterms.

I know it's silly to say this, but I can't believe the GOP gets away with that bullshit. Voting against it then taking credit for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    I'm glad to hear it. Having three solid legislative packages within the first six months of his Presidency will certainly help the Democrats during midterms.

I know it's silly to say this, but I can't believe the GOP gets away with that bullshit. Voting against it then taking credit for it.
    That might get them some sort term clout or placate their followers in already solidly red areas. But it could be harmful come midterms should the democrats they’re running against actually call them out on it.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

He’s suggesting cutting 70% of the bill...

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/0...ructure-479017
    good we can start by cutting his states share by 70%

I would bet 100k that he still wouldn't vote for it.

My favorite quote of the weekend

"Manufacturing, $300 billion. Electric vehicles, $170 billion. Broadband, $100 billion. Electric power grid, $100 billion. This is completely unneeded and it's also very dangerous because we don't want the federal government manipulating what broadband companies do, what electric power companies do," Edwards said.

Now republicans do not even support manufacturing.

We knew they cared less about broadband

and electric power, after Texas, no shock (nice pun) there.

they straight up are ignorant on what "infrastructure is" and democrats are letting them get away with it. they need to go on the offensive and make republicans look stupid as they are being
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post

"Manufacturing, $300 billion. Electric vehicles, $170 billion. Broadband, $100 billion. Electric power grid, $100 billion. This is completely unneeded and it's also very dangerous because we don't want the federal government manipulating what broadband companies do, what electric power companies do," Edwards said.

they straight up are ignorant on what "infrastructure is" and democrats are letting them get away with it. they need to go on the offensive and make republicans look stupid as they are being
    It wouldn't matter what the democrats had put in the bill or what it had ascribed to repair or support. The GOP is in full pearl-clutching, virtue signaling, strawmanning mode right now. They know they're largely powerless to stop the democrats from doing things and so must resort to trying to bluster and rant, lest the democrats catch too much goodwill for passing legislation trying to help and bolster the country and steamroll the GOP in 2022 and beyond. These are cries of desperation on the GOP's part.

Hopefully, should this legislation actually help the country (likely predicated on the GOP having as little input in it as possible) the democrats with both be able to leverage its success AND the GOP's inevitable refusal to pass it in the 2022 elections. "Look at how this legislation WE passed helped the country, and look at how my republican opponent DIDN'T want it to pass."
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    It wouldn't matter what the democrats had put in the bill or what it had ascribed to repair or support. The GOP is in full pearl-clutching, virtue signaling, strawmanning mode right now. They know they're largely powerless to stop the democrats from doing things and so must resort to trying to bluster and rant, lest the democrats catch too much goodwill for passing legislation trying to help and bolster the country and steamroll the GOP in 2022 and beyond. These are cries of desperation on the GOP's part.

Hopefully, should this legislation actually help the country (likely predicated on the GOP having as little input in it as possible) the democrats with both be able to leverage its success AND the GOP's inevitable refusal to pass it in the 2022 elections. "Look at how this legislation WE passed helped the country, and look at how my republican opponent DIDN'T want it to pass."
    A lot of that still rests on the few who refuse to nuke the filibuster even after what McConnell has done over the past 12 years.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    That might get them some sort term clout or placate their followers in already solidly red areas. But it could be harmful come midterms should the democrats they’re running against actually call them out on it.
    Are they ever called out on something though?

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post

There's a ton in this bill that we have needed as a country for decades. I'm really wondering why so many of our former presidents have been so lackluster on infrastructure? I'm not really much of a Biden supporter, but with moves like this I will swiftly be won over.
    Quote Originally Posted by blobbydan View Post
    We're all doomed. Let these retards shuffle the chairs on the titanic. They can die in a safe space if they want to... Whatever. What a miserable joke this life is. I can't wait until it's all finally over and I can return to the sweet oblivion of the void.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fincayra View Post
    There's a ton in this bill that we have needed as a country for decades. I'm really wondering why so many of our former presidents have been so lackluster on infrastructure? I'm not really much of a Biden supporter, but with moves like this I will swiftly be won over.
    Because "I'll fix our broken dams" polls badly.
    - Lars

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fincayra View Post
    It’s a very a very long answer, since the excuses change. To me, the biggest missed opportunity was when Bush was elected over Gore. The end of Clinton’s term was the last time we had a balanced budget, which happened to coincide with an “extremist” environmentalist (for the time). Instead, Bush blew a surplus by sending out 300$ stimulus and a tax cut, before either the IT bust or 9/11. Before those, Bush’s main focus was expanding oil drilling into ANWR...

Since then, it’s been a constant catch up, fixing shit that Republicans break. Obama started with the Great Recession with unemployment around 9% and now Biden is starting with a Global Pandemic and unemployment over 6%. I think GOP is so focused on personal freedom, they forgot that their job has constituents.

GOP has successfully positioned them selfs amongst their supporters, as fighters of fake news. While when that fights lands in court, they claim no one in their right mind would believe them. They don’t have to do anything, but whine and pocket the money.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Muzjhath View Post
    Because "I'll fix our broken dams" polls badly.
    It’s more of opportunity. When was the last time we had a democrat gain presidency, without an ongoing crisis that GOP failed to mitigate? Both Bush and Trump ended their terms with higher unemployment than they started, because each one ended with a major crisis. By the time democrats would balanced the budget, GOP would get elected and cut taxes. Then blaming democrat spending for the deficit, to claim nothing can be done. It’s an endless cycle...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

https://www.npr.org/2021/04/05/98446...ound-the-world

What the fuck? Wall Street lapdog and pro-austerity Janet Yellen is proposing a global minimum corporate tax to get rid of tax havens and help nations around the world repatriate money? And it would also lead to higher taxes on that sheltered money and more revenue for things like paying down debts and paying for social programs?

I feel like I've been lied to, I thought Yellen was gonna gut spending, tax the poor, and generally be a lapdog for Wall Street while singing the praises of austerity.

What gives?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.npr.org/2021/04/05/98446...ound-the-world

What the fuck? Wall Street lapdog and pro-austerity Janet Yellen is proposing a global minimum corporate tax to get rid of tax havens and help nations around the world repatriate money? And it would also lead to higher taxes on that sheltered money and more revenue for things like paying down debts and paying for social programs?

I feel like I've been lied to, I thought Yellen was gonna gut spending, tax the poor, and generally be a lapdog for Wall Street while singing the praises of austerity.

What gives?
    There would also need to be a global maximum to reduce the incentive to shop around. The average corporate tax rate is around 25% so they could set the minimum at 20% and the maximum at 30%.

It would only work if it's involuntary though, which it's unethical to force a country to adopt a policy they don't want. It's a pipedream.

Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    There would also need to be a global maximum to reduce the incentive to shop around.
    There really doesn't.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    There really doesn't.
    You can say the same thing about the global minimum. If we want standardization then we have to get rid of nations that are tax havens and tax Nazis.

Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    You can say the same thing about the global minimum. If we want standardization then we have to get rid of nations that are tax havens and tax Nazis.
    Who's a "Tax Nazi"? Like, is this a country with extra taxes on Jews and gypsies or something? Seeking to bring about the uber-tax-collector for the glory of the carried-interest race?