Unless Biden or Harris directly comments on or responds to what's happening there, let's move this conversation to https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...flict-Heats-Up

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    Hey, I'm backing Biden and Pelosi man, if the shoe was reversed you'd be accusing me of being a Putinist Russian agent by now.
    Comparing sanctions on oligarchs, to genocide... interesting... didn’t you call said sanctions, blood thirsty? Strange...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

7+ Year Old Account
    @cubby was nice enough to start a thread for the discussion of the recent Israel/Palestine events: Israel and Palestine Conflict Heats Up

I'm no mod and I hate when members try to "backseat" mod, but, yeah, this thread is way off track atm. Lets let this topic get back on track.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    Lets let this topic get back on track.
    Just to be clear on the one point made close to the topic... Biden did not bomb Russia... Biden’s administration issued sanctions on Russian oligarchs. This comparison is asinine...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

124 retired generals and admirals question Biden's election, "mental and physical condition" https://t.co/yCu3MJWZSq https://t.co/fJSg61hr03
    https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1...296905232?s=19

So let's set this up. I think honestly if this came out when Trump was in office, which one sorta did a few times I believe, we would cheer this.

Not to go deep into Trump but again most would agree Trump was of a threat. Yet they found over 100 generals to make this statement.

I guess in the end we shouldn’t give any credence to these generals. Oh and amazing how political they get after retirement l. Their right but read the article it's Fox News buzz words.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    I think honestly if this came out when Trump was in office, which one sorta did a few times I believe, we would cheer this.
    It did happen.

Scores of retired military and defense leaders are denouncing President Donald Trump and accusing him of using the U.S. Armed Forces to undermine the rights of Americans protesting police brutality and the killing of George Floyd.

Fifty-five retired general and flag officers have released a letter condemning Donald Trump’s behavior toward women, calling him “utterly unworthy” of the Oval Office. “If given such power, Donald Trump would create a command climate intolerant of women and incompatible with a trained, ready, and honorable military,” the open letter said. “The American people deserve better than a misogynist in chief. Donald Trump’s behavior is antithetical to American values.”

Nearly 200 former CIA agents, Navy officers, ambassadors, and DOJ officials condemn Trump’s Brennan action

More than 300 former national security officials have signed a letter supporting the impeachment inquiry into President Trump on allegations he pressured Ukraine.

And of course

A former top military commander under Trump is among 489 security leaders who say he is unfit for office.

Joseph R. Biden Jr. has piled up endorsements from officials who would likely have backed almost any Republican not named Donald Trump, but one name leaps from the lengthy list of 489 national security experts who announced their support for Mr. Biden on Thursday: Gen. Paul J. Selva.

General Selva, a retired four-star Air Force general with 40 years in uniform, served as vice chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff under Presidents Obama and Trump from 2015 until his retirement in July 2019.

In that capacity, he was the second-highest ranked officer in the country, putting him at the center of major military decisions made on the president’s watch, and in frequent proximity to Mr. Trump.

“The current president has demonstrated he is not equal to the enormous responsibilities of his office; he cannot rise to meet challenges large or small,” read the “Open Letter to America” signed by several platoons-worth of experts, ex-generals and former top administration officials, some of whom served under Republican presidents.

“Thanks to his disdainful attitude and his failures, our allies no longer trust or respect us, and our enemies no longer fear us,” they wrote, citing what they said was Mr. Trump’s failure to confront aggression by North Korea and Russia. “Only F.D.R. and Abraham Lincoln came into office facing more monumental crises than the next president.”

General Selva, a decorated pilot who served in the Gulf War, joins a host of other former top Trump military and national security advisers — from the former National Security Adviser John Bolton to many lesser-known Pentagon officials — who have questioned Mr. Trump’s capacity to serve as commander in chief.

At least two other former military leaders on the list also served under Mr. Trump: Adm. Paul Zukunft of the Coast Guard, who retired in 2018, and Vice Adm. P. Gardner Howe III, a retired Navy SEAL commander.
    That last one is found here.

These are all separate times. And that's not counting individuals, such as Mattis says Trump is a threat to the Constitution.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, I want to add, this is a line from the Biden one:

The FBI and Supreme Court must act swiftly when election irregularities are surfaced and not ignore them as was done in 2020
    With that, I 100% handwave this letter. Multiple states had recounts. Every single lawsuit failed because of lack of evidence. SCOTUS was asked, they refused to hear it.

This letter is 100% partisan and can be summarily ignored.

- - - Updated - - -

amazing how political they get after retirement
    We've discussed this before. There seems to be a code that active military don't condemn their current leader. Unless it's really that bad.

So let's set this up. I think honestly if this came out when Trump was in office, which one sorta did a few times I believe, we would cheer this.

Not to go deep into Trump but again most would agree Trump was of a threat. Yet they found over 100 generals to make this statement.

I guess in the end we shouldn’t give any credence to these generals. Oh and amazing how political they get after retirement l. Their right but read the article it's Fox News buzz words.
    The fact these fucking generals and other officers believed the Big Lie, makes me happy they are all fucking retired. Fuck ALL of them.

Maybe I'm being paranoid but have any outlets like...actually talked to any of the dudes that signed the letter? I went to the website and it's pretty dodgy, seems this was their first "thing" and their issues page is sure interesting.

Whois lookup shows it was only created a few days before the letter (nothing else, registered anonymously), and maybe I'm being super paranoid but this just seems a bit weird.

Well seems in a few days the Biden gas crisis will be over....lol...as if Biden caused the shortages and hacked the system....
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Politico talks about it here.

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/0...lection-487374

Seems at least somewhat legit though.
    Just Arbuckle. It's genuinely worrysome if some of the long-ex military brass are fully on the lunatic train, but this seems too organized for some kinda grassroots effort.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    Well seems in a few days the Biden gas crisis will be over....lol...as if Biden caused the shortages and hacked the system....
    They're blaming Biden for the increase in prices in everything. Because apparently lumber, oil, food, and even diapers are the fault of the American President and not a supply issue caused by a world wide pandemic.
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    They're blaming Biden for the increase in prices in everything. Because apparently lumber, oil, food, and even diapers are the fault of the American President and not a supply issue caused by a world wide pandemic.
    Well they've already shown that they live in their own reality where the pandemic doesn't exist. So to accept the pandemic is the issue with supply they'd have to accept the pandemic is even happening.

10+ Year Old Account
    Heh.

Biden allows work on the border to continue--

(81 million gasps)

--because Trump drilled holes in an existing flood barrier, then left. Biden's E.O. paused construction, but that doesn't include leaving large, dangerous gaps in a flood barrier.

In support of CBP’s border infrastructure program, the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers has resumed DHS-funded design and construction support on approximately 13.4 miles of levee in the Rio Grande Valley that were partially excavated or at various levels of construction when work on the wall was paused for review,
    -- U.S. Army Corps of Engineers

Basically, Texas came running to Biden, sobbing like a hysterical toddler, saying "Hurricane season is coming, don't let us get Puerto Rico'd!" and Biden said "Well of course not, you guys are Americans. What kind of sociopathic fatass would let Americans get wrecked by hurricanes?"

This work will not expand the Wall.

i saw liz cheney got nuked. fools like her thought the knives wouldn't be long enough to reach them, until they are.

Sen. Joe Manchin will not back the For the People Act, the sweeping elections and campaign finance overhaul sought by Democrats to blunt Republican state-level efforts to restrict voting access, a spokeswoman for the West Virginia Democrat has confirmed

Aargh! Here we go again. This one like many of his dumb shit moves lately is very troubling.

Why wouldn't he back legislation that give his party, supposedly the Democrats, a chance in state by state elections, plus getting Congress. Manchin supposedly wants the John Lewis Voting Rights Act instead.

So what is the difference. Oh yeah, the People's Act dives into campaign finance reform and money in politics. Man this guy is so bought in paid for.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

its impossible to negotiate with someone like manchin because he doesnt want anything

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    Hey, I'm backing Biden and Pelosi man,
    It's almost as if you think people care more about who you support than the individual policy. Here's a hint: THAT'S YOU. You're projecting. People don't give a shit if you're supporting Biden and Pelosi, because for most of this thread, people in general support policy based on what it is, not who passed it. Your constant whinging that people blindly support everything Biden does is really only how you seem to perceive things, because that's not how most of the liberals on this forum function in the slightest.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    i saw liz cheney got nuked. fools like her thought the knives wouldn't be long enough to reach them, until they are.
    Liz Cheney knew exactly what she was doing and what would happen. She's been working behind the scenes and organizing with donors for months now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu 2020 View Post
    It's almost as if you think people care more about who you support than the individual policy. Here's a hint: THAT'S YOU. You're projecting. People don't give a shit if you're supporting Biden and Pelosi, because for most of this thread, people in general support policy based on what it is, not who passed it. Your constant whinging that people blindly support everything Biden does is really only how you seem to perceive things, because that's not how most of the liberals on this forum function in the slightest.
    As others have noted, every Republican accusation is a confession.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Here's what's going on. A bunch of squatters is sitting there without any land ownership and those who actually own and paid for the land finally got through the courts to claim what's theirs. Should have been resolved a decade ago.

Too bad. Guess time to pack up and go shit on some other lawn.
    Obviously this person is banned but for some context:

"Since it’s the central driver in the current crisis, let me briefly explain the issue of evictions in the Sheik Jarrah neighborhood in Jerusalem. Before 1948, Jewish groups bought various land and buildings in what is now called East Jerusalem. After the 1948 War of Independence, that land came under Jordanian control. Jews living there were driven out as part of the war. The buildings were confiscated from their pre-1948 Jewish owners and given to Arab residents. This is exactly what happened, on a considerably larger scale, on the other side of the armistice line.

In 1967, Israel reclaimed East Jerusalem as well as the West Bank and Gaza and created a legal process by which the owners dispossessed in 1948 could reclaim their confiscated property. That makes a certain formal logic. The problem is there’s no similar process on the other side. Descendants of Arab claimants whose property was confiscated in West Jerusalem, or indeed in other parts of what is now Israel, can’t make similar claims. In other words, the valve of communal land ownership only goes in one direction.

So that is the formal context. More broadly though the effort is to build up the Jewish presence in these neighborhoods to help make control of the territory permanent. And that process has been one that right-wingers and the Israeli government have worked at together for decades. Some governments generally try to slow roll it to avoid inflaming the situation on the ground and others are more aggressive in pressing the claims. It’s a microcosm of the settlement issue in the West Bank, though with different legal specifics."

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/edblog...rse-incentives
    Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition, to wit: There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect. There is nothing more or else to it, and there never has been, in any place or time. --Frank Wilhoit

Joe Macnhin is a domestic terrorist. Absolute moron.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    its impossible to negotiate with someone like manchin because he doesnt want anything
    He is already getting what he wants attention, the man loves being in the press for being a "conservative" democrat and doing the rounds on the Sunday shows.