10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Stay salty that Joe Biden's economic recovery is much better than anything Trump ever had
    Trump never had a "recovery". He saw Obama's downward unemployment slide basically grind to a halt. He didn't get the jobs he promised, either -- kind of the opposite. Trump promised recovery-level job growth and could not provide. I guess people either pretended to believe him or went through willful ignorance.

Biden's job reports and GDP growth will be fueled by recovery. Will his policies play part? Probably, but they won't be 100% responsible for everything. The open market is taking care of that.

So it would be unfair to say that Biden is doing a super duper amazeballs job while pre-2020 Trump couldn't get anything done at all.

*ahem*

But.

Team Trump did push 42% unemployment before he was almost elected, and then Team Trump pushed "the numbers became real" and held onto those numbers even through 2020 as his lack of COVID actions cost every single job he gained, and then double that more. If Team Trump plays "the numbers became real" then they must also play "Biden's numbers are better" or they must admit they're a hypocrite.

Their hands are tied. Mine are not.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post
    I think that's just the military. Over the years I have done dozens, and I never had anybody went into the bathroom with me. They just made sure that I was not carrying anything with me when I went in.
    I can vouch for other places doing it as well.

When it came to the military, it was me and about 6 other guys all going to pee and hand it to a guy in the center of the room who honestly wasn't paying the trainees any attention beyond taking their sample.

When it came to a chicken plant I applied to, they sent me into a bathroom while they had this woman stand like 3 feet behind me watching me. And this woman was staring at me like she was angry with me.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

Quote Originally Posted by DKjaigen View Post
    The Corona crisis caused a backlog of work that nows need to be resolved. i would not be surprised if a lot of these new jobs are temporary . I will just wait untill things calm down a bit before making such claims.
    Oh, you mean when Trump was in charge and did nothing to help fix it? While Biden has?

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally, I feel better knowing the guy driving that backhoe equipped with R 9800 bucket in close proximity to me is hopped up on meth, cocaine, and is also hung over rather than using Satan's spinach!
    FTFY.

Because that's really what a urine test means.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    FTFY.

Because that's really what a urine test means.
    You guys are reading way too much into this. For me and my employees it was a simple choice between "pee in a cup and get a 2.5 million airport construction material testing contract" and "not pee in a cup and don't get the contract."

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'll leave the morality out of it. Personally, I feel better knowing the guy driving that backhoe equipped with R 9800 bucket in close proximity to me can pass the pee test.
    yeah cause him going home and getting black out drunk isn't an issue to his performance right?
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    yeah cause him going home and getting black out drunk isn't an issue to his performance right?
    It's a liability issue, and sadly you can't test for alcohol use unless they're actually drinking on the job. I get it, and from a business standpoint there are a lot of insurance related issues at play here. It's equally dumb if it's something you do once and that's it, since like...most drugs don't last that long in your system (aside from weed) and someone can easily go clean for a week or two to pass the test and then go right back to using.

Only way it works as an actual test/deterrent is if you're randomly tested like they do in the military. Which ended up getting a buddy of mine kicked out since he tested positive for weed, which was good because that was far from the only recreational drug he was doing at the time and just lucked out that he got tested at the right time.

The whole thing is kinda silly, functional addicts exist, and if your addiction causes on the job issues that's something that's easily enough to deal with without needing them to pee in a cup first.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    It's a liability issue, and sadly you can't test for alcohol use unless they're actually drinking on the job. I get it, and from a business standpoint there are a lot of insurance related issues at play here. It's equally dumb if it's something you do once and that's it, since like...most drugs don't last that long in your system (aside from weed) and someone can easily go clean for a week or two to pass the test and then go right back to using.

Only way it works as an actual test/deterrent is if you're randomly tested like they do in the military. Which ended up getting a buddy of mine kicked out since he tested positive for weed, which was good because that was far from the only recreational drug he was doing at the time and just lucked out that he got tested at the right time.

The whole thing is kinda silly, functional addicts exist, and if your addiction causes on the job issues that's something that's easily enough to deal with without needing them to pee in a cup first.
    It's only a liability issue cause weed was demonized. In reality weed does less harm then drinking does.

And really most tests can be passed same day. Drink lots of fluids (not just water) and piss a few times before testing and you will likely pass. Urine actually has to sit in your system for it to adsorb THC.

Mouth swabs can be beaten by brushing your teeth very thoroughly before testing. Did this for a Temp job. Was actually funny, we went to the factory to see what the work would be. They told us we would be taking a test there. I pulled the agent aside and said I wouldn't pass today. Came to their office a couple days later and took the test. I had smoked before going and just brushed my teeth after.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

It's only a liability issue cause weed was demonized. In reality weed does less harm then drinking does.
    ...that's the point. If you're high, you're legally impaired and there are huge liability issues. If someone is a drug user, insurance companies aren't gonna wanna insure you while they operate heavy machinery because it's too risky for them. Just as they wouldn't want to insure you if you were day drinking or something.

I'm not saying I AGREE with it, just that it's the way it is.

And really most tests can be passed same day. Drink lots of fluids (not just water) and piss a few times before testing and you will likely pass. Urine actually has to sit in your system for it to adsorb THC.
    Drink your echinacea with golden seal! It can work, but it's hardly foolproof and I don't even know if it does anything for the other drugs that may still be in your system. Also, don't eat poppy see muffins yo.

Mouth swabs can be beaten by brushing your teeth very thoroughly before testing. Did this for a Temp job. Was actually funny, we went to the factory to see what the work would be. They told us we would be taking a test there. I pulled the agent aside and said I wouldn't pass today. Came to their office a couple days later and took the test. I had smoked before going and just brushed my teeth after.
    Again, that you can beat the tests isn't the issue. It's purely a liability issue, so if you do beat a test and something bad happens and the insurance company is likely going to cover whatever it is but your boss is gonna be pissed because premiums just went way up.

I'm just talking about practical reality, not how things should be. It's especially silly when I see a guy likely managing tens of millions in a hedge fund walking down the street looking like he had a wild night of coke and booze and is still sobering up the next day. Or just did a few bumps on his lunch hour.

10+ Year Old Account
    ...that's the point. If you're high, you're legally impaired and there are huge liability issues. If someone is a drug user, insurance companies aren't gonna wanna insure you while they operate heavy machinery because it's too risky for them. Just as they wouldn't want to insure you if you were day drinking or something.

Drink your echinacea with golden seal! It can work, but it's hardly foolproof and I don't even know if it does anything for the other drugs that may still be in your system. Also, don't eat poppy see muffins yo.

Again, that you can beat the tests isn't the issue. It's purely a liability issue, so if you do beat a test and something bad happens and the insurance company is likely going to cover whatever it is but your boss is gonna be pissed because premiums just went way up.

I'm just talking about practical reality, not how things should be. It's especially silly when I see a guy likely managing tens of millions in a hedge fund walking down the street looking like he had a wild night of coke and booze and is still sobering up the next day. Or just did a few bumps on his lunch hour.
    I wasn't disagreeing with anything you said. Just discussing the topic.

Nor am I saying smoking AT work is ok. I just don't think (which you seem to agree) that someone should be punished for what they do in the privacy of their homes.

I just don't think (which you seem to agree) that someone should be punished for what they do in the privacy of their homes.
    Yep. As long as it doesn't impact your job performance/safety, /whatever. It's not even needed for a lot of addicts, their behavior on the job even when not high is often plenty noticeable as it's part of the disease of addiction that they're actively feeding.

10+ Year Old Account
    You guys are reading way too much into this. For me and my employees it was a simple choice between "pee in a cup and get a 2.5 million airport construction material testing contract" and "not pee in a cup and don't get the contract."
    That getting the contract was contingent on it is the problem.

It's like if you had to submit to a full body-cavity search before entering the premises every day. Or they wanted the logins and passwords to all your social media accounts.

I perform labor for you. You pay me for that labor. You have no entitlement to police the rest of my life, and you can fuck right off with that nonsense. Not getting the contract is of more value to me than repeatedly debasing myself in the hopes that I can make some money. I can get by with other jobs that don't require that of me.

The problem is that most drug tests are checking for if you have used the drug at any time in the past several days to several weeks. Not whether you're high right then. And alcohol is magically not included in those tests, even if its intoxicating effects are as bad or worse than the drugs that are listed. Because having a couple beers after work is totally fine, but having a joint after work, ooooo, bad person alert.

I don't even use marijuana. It's 100% legal, in a "I can go just down the street to the store literally named 'Cannabis' to buy a wide range of products in whatever THC level I prefer and in whatever means of intake I want". You don't need a prescription, and we're not talking medical use, we're talking personal enjoyment. I've been considering getting some gummies to try them out for anxiety, but haven't even bothered (mostly because of COVID at this point). So don't take my position on this as some indication that I'm a pothead.

If your drug test can be confused by poppy seeds, your drug test is useless garbage and its use won't hold up in court.

Especially if you document eating those muffins.

The liability argument doesn't really even work, legally speaking. The tests can't tell you if someone's on drugs right now, just if they've been on drugs recently. You can get through the test and immediately eat a couple pot gummies and be high as fuuuuck. A lot of these tests don't even cover alcohol use, because it's so common. And false-positives are rampant.

And the companies know all this. As do insurance companies.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's equally dumb if it's something you do once and that's it, since like...most drugs don't last that long in your system (aside from weed) and someone can easily go clean for a week or two to pass the test and then go right back to using.
    I had a roommate who, because of his immense pot consumption, used to somewhat routinely get synthetic urine to pass his drug tests. They came in these small iv/catheter pouches that he could tape to his stomach or leg on the day of. His body heat would even warm the stuff up to help fool the people collecting the sample that it was legitimate. Even if someone were in the same room but behind him, they would have no idea.

The only way these things work consistently is if they're random.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Slow news day?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    If your drug test can be confused by poppy seeds, your drug test is useless garbage and its use won't hold up in court.
    You presume a sane legal system rather than one infected basically from the begining with the bastard hybrid of puritanism, racism, prosperity gospel, feudalistic hypocrisy, and divine right of CEOs.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Well, Biden is now on the phone with Lawrence Summers, God of Austerity, so keep an eye out if the economic plans become very strict and tight and we start seeing lots of "Skinny Bills" come out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    Well, Biden is now on the phone with Lawrence Summers, God of Austerity, so keep an eye out if the economic plans become very strict and tight and we start seeing lots of "Skinny Bills" come out.
    That would carry a lot more weight if you haven’t been claiming austerity right up until and including when the stimulus went out.

Funny how your outrage over Obama drone striking brown people evaporated when the brown people the Democrats help bomb are Palestinian, and this is what you choose to complain about instead. Lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

.Senator Joe Manchin of West Virginia said he will not vote for the Democrats’ far-reaching bill to combat voter suppression and restore ethical controls on the presidency shattered by Donald Trump. https://t.co/weiP8TKCRc
    https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1...764677121?s=19

Joe Manchin is a Piece of Crap.

One Democrat, possibly two with Sinema will not only crush Democrats for years to come, but more seriously hurt or kill our democracy.

More to the first point if a Democrat, this is figuratively handing the bullet to the Republicans
    A cowardly piece of shit, he fears the bigots and racists will vote him out.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post

One Democrat, possibly two with Sinema will not only crush Democrats for years to come, but more seriously hurt or kill our democracy.

More to the first point if a Democrat, this is figuratively handing the bullet to the Republicans
    Manchin and Sinema are not Democrats. Yet another reason why these allege Centrists are a Stain in American Politics.
    A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post

"Mr. Manchin said instead that he would support passage of another bill, the John Lewis Voting Rights Advancement Act, which would restore federal oversight over state-level voting law changes to protect minority groups that might be targeted. "

Ok, he still need a square kick in the balls but the JLVRAA is still a big improvement over what's there now.