Quote Originally Posted by Milchshake View Post
    When the Very Online Brain can't read past a headline.

They leave out some important context, namely that DOJ is stepping in to preempt a bunch of radical Christian colleges from stepping in and making very bad arguments. Pam Karlan has been clear about applying Bostock widely to Title IX.

TheHill.com: 1
    Radicalized Gamers: 0
    It's weird how you pretend to be progressive while attacking progressive and shilling for...... who exactly? Remember that disaster when you tried to act as if a person was a hypocrite because they said to tax the rich and then became wealthy!

I read the article... I also noted how making the argument is one thing... the government has many times made a begruding defence of arguments yet here in this case... that is not what they're doing.

There is still the culture of protecting their own, their own being politicians. Hence the Betsy Devos and trump defence I mentioned but hey... I can expect as much logical argument out of a corporate democrat proponent as I can a Trump supporter.

This is pretty much proof that Manchin was paid off to change his stance on the For The People Act which he cosponsored in 2019.

Joe Manchin's "highly suspicious" reversal on voting bill follows donation from corporate lobby

The op-ed came after the Chamber, which has launched an expensive lobbying effort against the bill, resumed donations to Manchin's campaign for the first time since 2012. Reuters described this flow of corporate dollars as a "reward" for Manchin's opposition to numerous Biden administration's initiatives, as well as his stalwart support for the filibuster, which has almost certainly doomed the For the People Act.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonKing View Post
    This is pretty much proof that Manchin was paid off to change his stance on the For The People Act which he cosponsored in 2019.

Joe Manchin's "highly suspicious" reversal on voting bill follows donation from corporate lobby
    Yup it's what you and I've been banging the drums about, dude is corrupt AF

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    For sure. I’d prefer that they get zero public funding if they’re going to discriminate on religious grounds.
    I'd prefer private schools get 0 public funding whatsoever, regardless of if they're discriminating or not. They're private schools.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    I'd prefer private schools get 0 public funding whatsoever, regardless of if they're discriminating or not. They're private schools.
    Agreed, if they are getting public funding, they need to be public schools or otherwise fill a POSITIVE role that the public schools can't. Religious schools do neither of those.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

LOL my god the republicans are coming up with every word to say its not a tax increase in the infrastructure plan they offer up. Just like they tried to claim the tariffs were not tax increases

First it was "Usage Fees" "user fees "
    Then it was taking funds from other sources that were/would be paid for by tax increases

Now its "tie the gas tax to inflation, even as Romney this week maintained it is not a tax increase."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...?ocid=msedgntp

how embarrassing
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Well, it's official. Cicadas are in on the whole QAnon thing, whatever it is.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/opini...edgdhp&pc=U531

Quote Originally Posted by gondrin View Post
    Well, it's official. Cicadas are in on the whole QAnon thing, whatever it is.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/opini...edgdhp&pc=U531
    If it weren't automatic, these are literally the types of people that would forget to breathe.

Hmm... New Jersey carries $10.1B surplus into new fiscal year

New Jersey will be $10.1 billion richer in the next fiscal year as the state projected it will carry about 25 percent of its total budget into fiscal 2022.

This surplus marks a $4 billion increase from what the state last projected in February.

"Thanks to a remarkable two-month revenue collection surge - an April and May 'surprise' like no other - state tax collections in Fiscal Year 2021 (FY21) are hitting historic highs," State Treasurer Elizabeth Maher Muoio said in a written revenue update delivered to the Assembly Budget Committee on Thursday.

Muoio attributed the gains to the coronavirus relief stimulus packages passed in December 2020 and March 2021, speedy vaccine development and distribution, and stock market gains.

Sen. Kyrsten Sinema has become one of the most unmovable roadblocks on Democratic priorities in Washington — which has shocked people who considered themselves ardent Sinema supporters a few short years ago

So what the hell happened in the primary process and the Dems or more specifically Arizona Dem Party nominating her. Did they believe Arizona really needed basically a centrist, but a centrist who is not a Dem. I mean this is really killing the Dems along with Manchin. Manchin is different a solid red state, but we can almost call Arizona blue.

Now here is the scary part where I sound like a crazy right winger. The danger of the primary process as we have seen is nominating extremism and they go on to win. But again, Arizona seems blue so I think a more left, liberal or whatever person is needed.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    So what the hell happened in the primary process and the Dems or more specifically Arizona Dem Party nominating her. Did they believe Arizona really needed basically a centrist, but a centrist who is not a Dem. I mean this is really killing the Dems along with Manchin. Manchin is different a solid red state, but we can almost call Arizona blue.
    AZ is definitely not blue. AZ is purple at best. Sinema was the first (D) senator from AZ since 95. Since the 50s Biden and Clinton (2nd term only) are the only (D) to win the presidential. The state legislature is pretty solidly in (R) hands. I doubt sinema, biden, or kelly would have won w/out trump tanking the GOP statewide there. They're headed blue, but they're not there yet.

saw Mikey Nearman got the boot. what a cunt

Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    saw Mikey Nearman got the boot. what a cunt
    For reference.

Hope that fucker enjoys jail, because they pretty much should have him dead to rights.

Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    Hope that fucker enjoys jail, because they pretty much should have him dead to rights.
    Charged with two misdemeanors so far. Don't know if he'll face much jail time. A day less than a year is his max sentence, and he'll likely get probation, assuming it's his first offence.

What I'd like to see is for them to add conspiracy charges for the assaults. Official misconduct in the first degree is a Class A misdemeanor, which meets the OR statutory requirements for conspiracy, and that video clearly demonstrates they planned it.

Charged with two misdemeanors so far. Don't know if he'll face much jail time. A day less than a year is his max sentence, and he'll likely get probation, assuming it's his first offence.

What I'd like to see is for them to add conspiracy charges for the assaults. Official misconduct in the first degree is a Class A misdemeanor, which meets the OR statutory requirements for conspiracy, and that video clearly demonstrates they planned it.
    Well, yeah, he told people basically who to call or text and directly how to get inside, he is the head of the conspiracy, very much confirmed that that should be another charge added.

10+ Year Old Account
    This G(8-1 Kleptocrat) Meeting looks like they redoing the the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

Boris as a Vogon is some brilliant casting!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Hmm... New Jersey carries $10.1B surplus into new fiscal year

New Jersey will be $10.1 billion richer in the next fiscal year as the state projected it will carry about 25 percent of its total budget into fiscal 2022.

This surplus marks a $4 billion increase from what the state last projected in February.

"Thanks to a remarkable two-month revenue collection surge - an April and May 'surprise' like no other - state tax collections in Fiscal Year 2021 (FY21) are hitting historic highs," State Treasurer Elizabeth Maher Muoio said in a written revenue update delivered to the Assembly Budget Committee on Thursday.

Muoio attributed the gains to the coronavirus relief stimulus packages passed in December 2020 and March 2021, speedy vaccine development and distribution, and stock market gains.
    LOL those poorly run blue states huh?

https://www.pewtrusts.org/en/researc...very-milestone

Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

I feel like Garland's been dropping the ball a little in the first half of the year, but the following gives me cause for hope:

AG Merrick Garland vows to protect voting rights, beef up DOJ civil rights division

Looks like they'll be going after the HIGHLY suspect voting legislation passed in several GOP states.

"To meet the challenge of the current moment, we must re-dedicate the resources of the Department of Justice to a critical part of its original mission: enforcing federal law to protect the franchise for all eligible voters," Garland said, noting a recent wave of legislation in several states that restrict voter access.

"We are scrutinizing new laws that seek to curb voter access, and where we see violations of federal law, we will not hesitate to act," Garland said. "We are also scrutinizing current laws and practices, in order to determine whether they discriminate against Black voters and other voters of color."
    Looks like this is being explored as an alternate route in the wake of Manchin's fuckery over the HR1 bill.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, also, some of that Vanity Wall money is going back where Trump stole it from:

Biden administration returning $2 billion in Trump border wall funds to Pentagon

The money will be used on 66 delayed projects on installations in 11 states and 16 countries, including schools for military families, hangars, housing and training facilities, according to the administration.

It's the balance available to return to the Defense Department from the roughly $14 billion in funds identified by the Biden administration in April that Trump diverted from other parts of the government toward the wall project.
    It's only a fraction of what Trump stole, but it's something, at least.