Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    I agree with the general idea you're going for, except this part.

They're willing to ignore it for a Republican.

Mitt Romney was rich. It was a campaign issue. Trump claimed to be rich. He was definitely not self-made, he just claimed he was. Pedophile Gaetz was caught trying to buy an escape boat.

GOP voters like guns and hate abortions. They'll follow whoever promises to do the same, even if they stiff their employees and cheat on their wives with whores.

I agree that a lot of GOP voters claim to hate elites. They are just willing to drop it in a heartbeat if the elite says "We need more God in schools"
    You’re not wrong but there’s an enthusiasm gap that can be noticeable. Trump branded himself a self made man. He’s a Man of the People. He made it through hard work. He works as hard as you do.

Of course he’s a spoiled rich kid, a Hollywood pedophile, serial fraudster and never turned down a spoonful of Adderall.

Compare him to Ted Cruz. Cruz at least worked for what he got and he managed to make an honest shot at the Presidency even though everyone hates him. Including his supporters. That’s the American Dream right there.

Reagan and Bush2 also have the unearned Man of the People vibe.

All Dems are by default the “Elite”. Only some GOP are the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    Compare him to Ted Cruz.
    I see your point. It's just fun to point out how little that "I hate the elites" is worth when, say, closing polling places in African-American locations is at stake.

I see your point. It's just fun to point out how little that "I hate the elites" is worth when, say, closing polling places in African-American locations is at stake.
    Well it does mean that the GOP still was to straddle a line for their candidates. Some people are harder to sell than others. Roy Moore found that out the hard way.

The Biden/Harris administration doesn't need to be discussed anymore. Nothing is going to get done until they sort President Manchin and VP Sinema out. If anything, they're more damaging to the Democratic Party's agenda than Trump or FOX or the GOP Senate/House ever was. Because they're happily obstructing their own party. The 2022 mid terms are going to be hilarious. The Dems need to not only maintain the house and senate, but expand their majority in the latter to override Manchin and Sinema's chokehold on key policy. Short version is it doesn't look good.

Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    The Biden/Harris administration doesn't need to be discussed anymore. Nothing is going to get done until they sort President Manchin and VP Sinema out. If anything, they're more damaging to the Democratic Party's agenda than Trump or FOX or the GOP Senate/House ever was. Because they're happily obstructing their own party. The 2022 mid terms are going to be hilarious. The Dems need to not only maintain the house and senate, but expand their majority in the latter to override Manchin and Sinema's chokehold on key policy. Short version is it doesn't look good.
    I just hope we can relpace Rubio next year. I know its wishful thinking since we replaced Nelson with a criminal like Scott.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Putin showed up for his meeting with Biden before Biden even left the hotel. Putin is pretty much never the first to arrive for these things
    This is true.

I remember him being a late comer to the NATO summit held in 2008 in my country. Putin likes to be unpredictable and keep world leaders guessing, but crucially on the domestic front he really wants things to be predictable and stable.

So who knows, himself showing up early and Biden arriving 15 minutes later might reflect what Putin really wants: A stable and predictable relationship between Russia and US, not some Cold War 2.0 or some naïve reset.

Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    People need to stop dreaming of this delusion that every US presidential election is going to some major transformative event, it never will be and especially not with a 4 seat majority for Pelosi in the House and a tied Senate.

The best Biden could ever hope for is to get some of the things he wants through reconciliation and some of his budget desires. The same both Obama and Trump got.

Anything else is just progressive delusions on the same level that hardcore rightwing delusions were under Trump. For what it is worth that stimulus package that he passed earlier this year is a fairly significant affair: The US will recover very well from the pandemic thanks to that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kryctos View Post
    I just hope we can relpace Rubio next year. I know its wishful thinking since we replaced Nelson with a criminal like Scott.
    Florida is a red state. In no small part because Dems have no clue how to run their local affairs there. Trump won it twice, Republicans control every statewide officer except AG commissioner. Time for people to accept that reality. The future for the Democratic party having a majority lies in places like Georgia, Arizona and North Carolina.
    Last edited by CostinR; 2021-06-16 at 01:21 PM.
    "Life is one long series of problems to solve. The more you solve, the better a man you become.... Tribulations spawn in life and over and over again we must stand our ground and face them."

10+ Year Old Account
    Confirmed 4 federal judges to lifetime appointments, passed a massive $250B science and technology R&D out of the Senate with bipartisan support, and just got unanimous consent to make Juneteenth a Federal Holiday.

its a sad state of affairs that the american rescue plan is popular, has caused an eonomic boom, has gotten ZERO republican votes. and yet republicans will win again claiming to be "populist" while also blocking infrastructure that 70% of people support. I understand low income people hate dems on like social issues but at some point shouldnt material policy matter?
    https://www.whitehouse.gov/cea/blog/...d-wage-growth/
    "In April 2020, the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) reported that year-over-year growth in average hourly earnings skyrocketed to about 8 percent—the highest observed since the series began in 2006"
    dems need to be messaging , hey those higher wages your getting paid? thats us and republicans all are against it
    Last edited by arandomuser; 2021-06-16 at 03:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Idk if he was in attendance, but it passed via unanimous consent.
    apprently he was a co sponsor, which suprises me because his regular visits on tucker carlsons show, but it makes sense even for all of republicans anti woke posturing they often do try to claim the legacy of abraham lincoln being the first republican ( and accuse dems of being the racist insurrectionist at that time)

Quote Originally Posted by Milchshake View Post
    Confirmed 4 federal judges to lifetime appointments, passed a massive $250B science and technology R&D out of the Senate with bipartisan support, and just got unanimous consent to make Juneteenth a Federal Holiday.
    250bn for tech research isn't something you'd expect to be shot down at the same time America is considering AI based war machines...

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Biden made an excellent point, speaking to Putin “How would it be if the United States were viewed by the rest of the world as interfering with the elections directly of other countries?”.

As various countries like Guatemala, Nicaragua, Cuba, Honduras, Chile, Argentina, Brazil, Vietnam, Indonesia, The Philippines, Afghanistan, Iraq, Libya, currently Syria which we occupy about a third of, El Salvador, Panama, Albania, Iran, Costa Rica, Ecuador, Bolivia, ongoing in Venezuela, Ghana, Greece, Angola, Zaire, Chad, Bulgaria, and of-course Russia itself along with a dozen or more others I cannot recall off the top of my head can all state with total certainty and confidence that the US has never and never would interfere in any way with another countries political process or do something like that, totally and for certain the US would never ever in a million years do such things. Nope, not ever.

Why in such an imaginary world where the United States interfered in other countries elections you might see such horrible things as Time Magazine covers like this:

/s

I eagerly await the Biden-stans here to explain why its A Good Thing(TM) when the US does it. Or how all of that stuff is nothing compared to 20k in facebook ads.
    Last edited by Theodarzna; 2021-06-16 at 07:01 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    Biden made an excellent point, speaking to Putin “How would it be if the United States were viewed by the rest of the world as interfering with the elections directly of other countries?”.

As various countries like Guatemala, Nicaragua, Cuba, Honduras, Chile, Argentina, Brazil, Vietnam, Indonesia, The Philippines, Afghanistan, Iraq, Libya, currently Syria which we occupy about a third of, El Salvador, Panama, Albania, Iran, Costa Rica, Ecuador, Bolivia, ongoing in Venezuela, Ghana, Greece, Angola, Zaire, Chad, Bulgaria, and of-course Russia itself along with a dozen or more others I cannot recall off the top of my head can all state with total certainty and confidence that the US has never and never would interfere in any way with another countries political process or do something like that, totally and for certain the US would never ever in a million years do such things. Nope, not ever.

/s

I eagerly await the Biden-stans here to explain why its A Good Thing(TM) when the US does it.
    I'm confused. What do cases of interference by previous administrations have to do with Biden? Why would your so-called "Biden-stans" care to adopt your strawman?

And who are these supposed "Biden-stans" in the first place?

Enquiring minds want to know!

Honestly, though, low effort baiting this time, Theo. For shame, you're usually much better at this kind of thing.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    I'm confused. What do cases of interference by previous administrations have to do with Biden? Why would your so-called "Biden-stans" care to adopt your strawman?

Honestly, though, low effort baiting this time, Theo. For shame, you're usually much better at this kind of thing.
    Biden's exact words: “How would it be if the United States were viewed by the rest of the world as interfering with the elections directly of other countries?”

Not only is there a rather extensive past of doing that, it is ongoing to this very day. Including interference and overthrow of foreign governments sponsored by the US when he was vice president and a sitting Senator. Military actions he himself championed during those times.
    Last edited by Theodarzna; 2021-06-16 at 07:16 PM.
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

When President Biden was Vice President, Obama and Hillary interfered directly in the electoral processes in Honduras.

When Trump was President, he bragged about separating people from their families and putting people in cages.

People in Honduras reacted by creating human caravans to migrate north to the US because Trump was a lot more humane - and by that I mean less brutal - than the government that came into power when President Biden was Vice President. And yes we interfered quite a bit to make that happen. And the government that we installed was, and still is, quite brutal.

President Biden is quite aware of many of the times we have interfered in other countries elections. He was not out of the loop as Vice President. And some of what was done was - and still is - quite brutal

People voted with their feet to face Trump and his supporters rather than face the government we helped install.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why in such an imaginary world where the United States interfered in other countries elections you might see such horrible things as Time Magazine covers like this:
    It's also quite interesting to note that the incident at question in that Time magazine was not done by America, it was done by three private American citizens, and was not done at the instigation, or with the support, of the Clinton Administration. In fact, Yeltsin continuously asked Clinton for aid in the election, and Clinton steadfastly refused.

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

10+ Year Old Account
    Biden and Putin to work on cybersecurity.

"I have every confidence Putin will help in this matter," Biden didn't say but I'm pretending he did. "Because if Russians get caught again, he won't get a tiny handshake or blowjob. The free ride is over."

7+ Year Old Account
    It's also quite interesting to note that the incident at question in that Time magazine was not done by America, it was done by three private American citizens, and was not done at the instigation, or with the support, of the Clinton Administration. In fact, Yeltsin continuously asked Clinton for aid in the election, and Clinton steadfastly refused.
    Ah yes, three "random American advisors"; I will also bet that the Bay of Pigs was just some concerned Cubans.

10+ Year Old Account
    (cites 60 year old data)
    You know, it's still pretty easy to bash American Imperialism without using something old enough to collect Social Security. Got anything more recent than the Honeymooners in there?

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah yes, three "random American advisors"
    Sounds like a conspiracy theory to me, unless you have proof.

Do you?

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Biden and Putin to work on cybersecurity.

"I have every confidence Putin will help in this matter," Biden didn't say but I'm pretending he did. "Because if Russians get caught again, he won't get a tiny handshake or blowjob. The free ride is over."
    It wasn't that long ago that Israel openly bragged about breaking into Iranian systems and blowing up their centrifuges. Since then there have been unexplained fires happening in various Iranian businesses, with speculation being that US/Israeli cyber attack teams are flexing their muscles and successfully sabotaging Iran through cyber attacks.

Is he talking about international cybersecurity concerns? Or just American ones (America First)?