I was waiting for the part where Kellhound started changing the definitions of things to fit their narrative.

Close to a bingo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Just to inject some actual Biden-related... anything... because hey, why not, right?

President Biden begins his speech on the economy by bodying Trump
    That's nice can he body his fucking Attorney-General into punishing people who break the law while he's at it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    That's nice can he body his fucking Attorney-General into punishing people who break the law while he's at it?
    Like, let's compare. The most recent insurrectionist got sentenced to 8 months.

So, how about Crystal Mason? She filled out a provisional ballot, and her vote was not counted, as she was on supervised release after serving a sentence for tax fraud. She didn't know it was illegal to vote.

She's been sentenced to five years in prison. Which she's now appealing. https://www.nytimes.com/2021/04/03/u...ot-appeal.html

Eight months for aggressively breaking into the Capitol as part of an insurrection aimed at slaughtering sitting members of Congress and overthrowing the government. Five years for filing a ballot that didn't get counted, because you didn't understand your eligibility.

The USA is broken and justice has died. It's not dying. The corpse is festering and being devoured by scavengers. It's attracting flies.

Biden needs to kick his AG's ass and get some real prosecutions and penalties going. And get them to stop dragging their goddamned feet about it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://thehill.com/regulation/court...-found-he-gave

Yo AG Garland, what the fuckin fuck, yo? Why are we not prosecuting a fake billionaire who fuckin lied to Congress on at least two occasions, under oath?

This is horse shit. Very non-plussed.
    FYI the AP got this wrong, very wrong, and has since put in a correction:

https://apnews.com/article/joe-biden...4c9d38770752cc See the bottom.

Quote Originally Posted by AP Oopsies
    This story has been corrected to reflect that the decision not to prosecute Ross was made by the Department of Justice during the Trump administration, not the Biden administration

Now you can argue that they SHOULD be looking at Ross, but they haven’t made any decisions.

(Also not at you directly, the bad error caused a lot of incorrect conclusions for a lot of people)

Quote Originally Posted by Noxx79 View Post
    FYI the AP got this wrong, very wrong, and has since put in a correction:

https://apnews.com/article/joe-biden...4c9d38770752cc See the bottom.

Now you can argue that they SHOULD be looking at Ross, but they haven’t made any decisions.

(Also not at you directly, the bad error caused a lot of incorrect conclusions for a lot of people)
    Frankly it's not just Ross, why aren't they looking into all these secret servers that Trump and Co ran including the one where he stashed all the conversations he had with the Saudis and Putin. There's a dumpster truck worth of corruption and shit left over by Trump and I am afraid the Biden administration is just going to let it go just like Obama did with Bush.

I mean for fuck sake how is William Barr not under investigation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    ROFLMAO, this pretty much solidifies my suspicion that you are part of a PMC because that's one heck of a way to describe mercenaries and at their rate it's not just a "living wage" since they are you know mercenaries.

- - - Updated - - -

Well maybe you should work that out with this clueless guy.

Don't fight too hard with the mirror now.
    I am sure the people working at Boeing, Oshkosh, Ingalls, etc would not agree they are mercenaries.

Hmmm, nope don't see any description of what rebuilding a country has to look like.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    "It's exactly like a barter system when you remove all the actual hallmarks of a barter system" is just not an argument at all.

Your $18/hour jobs are shit pay for shit work, y'know. Wherever did you get the idea that $18/hour is a lot of money? That's just $37,500/year or so. Working class income. They ARE "poor".

The big difference is that some of us don't think applying duress to force potential workers into the labor force is a reasonable or humane option, in the first place. And that people should be able to live with a basic modicum of comfort without being expected to sell their labor in exchange. That isn't about "making everyone poor", it's about raising the floor, to eliminate the worst levels of poverty. The only people who'd "pay the price", so to speak, are the wealthy. Who'd just end up a little less wealthy.
    I can agree to swap 15 chickens for your goat, or I can swap $15 for it. Money just makes it more likely to have something the other side is willing to exchange for what you want.

And some of us don't think the world owes anyone a living. No matter how hard you try, you are not going to eliminate poverty just by giving people money. You would have to regulate the economy to a massive extent. So, the answer you are looking for is everyone being equally low.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    I was waiting for the part where Kellhound started changing the definitions of things to fit their narrative.

Close to a bingo.
    Close only counts in horseshoes, hand grenades, and thermal nuclear weapons.

- - - Updated - - -

Like, let's compare. The most recent insurrectionist got sentenced to 8 months.

So, how about Crystal Mason? She filled out a provisional ballot, and her vote was not counted, as she was on supervised release after serving a sentence for tax fraud. She didn't know it was illegal to vote.

She's been sentenced to five years in prison. Which she's now appealing. https://www.nytimes.com/2021/04/03/u...ot-appeal.html

Eight months for aggressively breaking into the Capitol as part of an insurrection aimed at slaughtering sitting members of Congress and overthrowing the government. Five years for filing a ballot that didn't get counted, because you didn't understand your eligibility.

The USA is broken and justice has died. It's not dying. The corpse is festering and being devoured by scavengers. It's attracting flies.

Biden needs to kick his AG's ass and get some real prosecutions and penalties going. And get them to stop dragging their goddamned feet about it.
    People that are too stupid to know they are not eligible to vote, really shouldn't be voting anyway. Nor should people actively trying to overthrow the government by force.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    People that are too stupid to know they are not eligible to vote, really shouldn't be voting anyway. Nor should people actively trying to overthrow the government by force.
    Someone may be going to prison for 5 years due to what basically amounts to a minor administrative error, and this is your take on it. Meanwhile in order to pin virtually anything on the people at the top of the country, you have to prove malicious intent, but hey - why should that standard apply to the poors? It's not like the wealthy have the actual fucking resources to know precisely what the law is, they are obviously the ones who need protection. But yeah, fantastic justice system we have here.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can agree to swap 15 chickens for your goat, or I can swap $15 for it. Money just makes it more likely to have something the other side is willing to exchange for what you want.
    Yeah, no. In barter, there are no exchange rates. You don't know that I'll take your 15 chickens for my goat. Maybe your chickens are too skinny. Maybe I need 18 chickens like that. And maybe you don't like the look of my goat. The whole thing's a negotiation, because there are no set "prices", and the trade values of both products are only determinable in terms of whatever we agree upon in that moment, and will not carry forward to any other exchange.

And here's the thing; if you start shifting to evaluating stuff in terms of how many chickens it's worth, all you're doing is inventing a currency system based on chickens. It's no longer barter.

And some of us don't think the world owes anyone a living.
    Yes, I know you'd be perfectly fine watching people suffer and potentially die on your behalf, so you can enjoy slightly more comfort than otherwise.

I'm just pointing out that's what you're arguing for. Misanthropy is a motive, sure. I get that.

But it says a hell of a lot about you, personally, that you choose to define your perspective on that kind of presumption.

No matter how hard you try, you are not going to eliminate poverty just by giving people money. You would have to regulate the economy to a massive extent. So, the answer you are looking for is everyone being equally low.
    The economy's already regulated to a massive extent. Economies aren't natural things to begin with. Economies that aren't regulated spin out of control and crash.

Also, yes. You can eliminate poverty by giving people enough money. That's how poverty works.

The first there is anti-democratic. And the problem is the USA loves taking people's right to vote away, so that status isn't always clear to potential voters.

If you want to rant against stupid people voting, maybe start by not letting stupid people run for office. Because there's people like Lauren Boebert and Marjorie Taylor Greene in office right now, and they're both dimmer than burned-out lightbulbs.

Plus, nobody suggested her vote shouldn't been counted. The issue is that it shouldn't have carried a 5 year prison sentence. Maybe a small fine, at best. Or maybe even let prisoners and such vote, because there really isn't a good reason to deny them their franchise.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaktar View Post
    Someone may be going to prison for 5 years due to what basically amounts to a minor administrative error, and this is your take on it. Meanwhile in order to pin virtually anything on the people at the top of the country, you have to prove malicious intent, but hey - why should that standard apply to the poors? It's not like the wealthy have the actual fucking resources to know precisely what the law is, they are obviously the ones who need protection. But yeah, fantastic justice system we have here.
    I didn't take a side on the punishment.

Hmmm, nope don't see any description of what rebuilding a country has to look like.
    Be careful you might break your back moving your goal posts, state clearly what you want to do in places like Afghanistan, Vietnam and make sure you remember it this time so you don't contradict yourself a few pages later.

I didn't take a side on the punishment.
    Who said you did? The fact that there exists a shittier take doesn't somehow make yours better.

7+ Year Old Account
    And the complete lack of any use to put those tanks to.
    And hopefully they never get used but it's still wise to build them: Maintaining the industrial capability is important and having a strong well armed and well maintained military is just as vital. Consider that Russia and China every year get hundreds of modern upgraded tanks. The US is only democracy that does something similar. The rest of NATO? Very far behind.
    "Life is one long series of problems to solve. The more you solve, the better a man you become.... Tribulations spawn in life and over and over again we must stand our ground and face them."

Quote Originally Posted by CostinR View Post
    And hopefully they never get used but it's still wise to build them: Maintaining the industrial capability is important and having a strong well armed and well maintained military is just as vital. Consider that Russia and China every year get hundreds of modern upgraded tanks. The US is only democracy that does something similar. The rest of NATO? Very far behind.
    maybe they realize tanks are almost worthless at this point vs air and missile power. You can take out tanks with cheap drones at this point very easily and launch missiles from a bunker in florida with a computer terminal and hit them from a thousand miles away.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CostinR View Post
    And hopefully they never get used but it's still wise to build them: Maintaining the industrial capability is important and having a strong well armed and well maintained military is just as vital.
    Because reasons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

this right to repair stuff being picked up by the FTC is good likes. https://www.ftc.gov/system/files/doc...ystatement.pdf

+ this helping it along https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-...rican-economy/

10+ Year Old Account
    Biden trolls FOX News.

I'm not being a wise guy now, you know, one of those other networks is not a big fan of mine, one you talk about a lot, but if you notice, as they say in the southern part of my state.

They've had an altar call, some of those guys. All of a sudden they're out there saying, let’s get vaccinated. Let’s get vaccinated. The very people before this were saying ... I shouldn't make fun of it. That's good.
    We posted the Hannity thing recently. Biden is correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Biden trolls FOX News.

I don't know if this is from his town hall this evening, but he came across about as good as could be reasonably expected. He tried real hard to obliterate political memes that make it hard to actually govern and talk about down to earth logistical plans on what can and cannot be done. Unfortunately, almost all of the questions were so filled with political crap that he basically had to almost verbally abuse the reporter because his or her soundbites were so political in nature. Then he would get on to nuts and bolts issues and how he was trying to make things better (or keep things from getting worse).

Unfortunately, the US media and US citizens don't want to hear any of the nuts and bolts issues. All they want to discuss is the soundbite political memes that are so unrelated to reality that it is not important whether or not there is any relation to what is being said, and reality. Ultimately, this means that not even simple problems can be fixed

10+ Year Old Account
    Garland moves to separate DoJ from White House.

"Why would he do that?"

(points at last four years, incluing Barr)

"Oh. Right."

Garland also moved to block the FBI and others from seizing info about reporters. It was for exactly the same reason.

"These moves were necessary," Garland didn't say but I'm pretending he did. "Remember that time someone said, during a debate, that he'd prosecute his political rival? Yeah, that's third-world dictatorship shit. Not in my country, motherfuckers."

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Biden trolls FOX News.
    I'm not being a wise guy now, you know, one of those other networks is not a big fan of mine, one you talk about a lot, but if you notice, as they say in the southern part of my state.

They've had an altar call, some of those guys. All of a sudden they're out there saying, let’s get vaccinated. Let’s get vaccinated. The very people before this were saying ... I shouldn't make fun of it. That's good.
    I'm see this 180 from Fox and a number of networks and their executives (including NewsMax). I would give good money to know what changed their minds, or is causing this swing. Because it can't be any kind of resurgence of the virus - we were at a much larger criticality last year at this time and they were balls to the wall anti-vaxxing Trump cuck suckers.

Why are they doing this now?

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    I'm see this 180 from Fox and a number of networks and their executives (including NewsMax). I would give good money to know what changed their minds, or is causing this swing. Because it can't be any kind of resurgence of the virus - we were at a much larger criticality last year at this time and they were balls to the wall anti-vaxxing Trump cuck suckers.

Why are they doing this now?
    Maybe they finally realized that unless they clean up their act, this has the potential to kill off many of their viewers.
    “Leadership: Whatever happens, you’re responsible. If it doesn’t happen, you’re responsible.” -- Donald J. Trump, 2013

"I don't take responsibility at all."
    -- Donald J. Trump, 2020