Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    see bidens border patrols are as good as trumps at using whips on migrants

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/tra...er-2021-09-20/
    Can you show me in the article where it said they used whips please? I can't seem to find it. I doubt any of you know the difference between a whip and a lasso. Feel free to quote the article, or keep pretending they were whipped. Either way, looks like all the denizens here are following like sheep and repeating this lie. Again, feel free to post pictures of whips or stories featuring whips. Your link says they used lariets, don't let that get in the way of a good lie.

CBS' ed okeefe tried to ask Biden about this today, but his aides shouted him down.

https://twitter.com/edokeefe/status/...rc=twsrc%5Etfw
    As we were leaving, I asked the president for his reaction to the situation on the southern border. Due to shouting by White House aides, the noise of everyone leaving, and the president wearing his mask, we could not make out his answer.
    Why would the aides not want Biden to be asked about a border crisis? I thought he put that under the control of Kamala Harris?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nurasu View Post
    Almost all BP Agents are racist Republicans. I don't know what them using whips on migrants has to do with Democrats. These particular agents will face consequences instead of receiving McDonalds in the White House.
    Feel free to keep lying about whips with no proof. I do not know what consequences they will face for doing their jobs? Just because Obama ignored immigration laws and Biden was VP under him and is ignoring immigration laws now doesn't mean border patrol agents should face consequences. Well, if they whipped people they should, feel free to post that proof that they did...because according to you everyone who works on the border is a racist and whips people. I'd like some sort of information on that too, racist and whipping ....quite the accusations.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    I think we're in the zone of "why didn't Biden stop us from doing horrible things?"
    As his supporter, you should be supporting his non action over a non whipping. Unless you have some proof that whipping occurred?

Quote Originally Posted by TexasRules View Post
    Why would the aides not want Biden to be asked about a border crisis?
    The clue is in the sentence you quoted and we've been through this already months ago when he holds a press conference and does TV appearance on the subject we know what you will say then. You guys are not even trying anymore using the same conspiracy theories and talking points, I find your lack of imagination disturbing.

Why would the aides not want Biden to be asked about a border crisis? I thought he put that under the control of Kamala Harris?
    The irony is so thick you can cut it with a hammer.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Can you show me in the article where it said they used whips please? I can't seem to find it. I doubt any of you know the difference between a whip and a lasso. Feel free to quote the article, or keep pretending they were whipped. Either way, looks like all the denizens here are following like sheep and repeating this lie. Again, feel free to post pictures of whips or stories featuring whips. Your link says they used lariets, don't let that get in the way of a good lie.

CBS' ed okeefe tried to ask Biden about this today, but his aides shouted him down.

https://twitter.com/edokeefe/status/...rc=twsrc%5Etfw

- - - Updated - - -

Feel free to keep lying about whips with no proof. I do not know what consequences they will face for doing their jobs? Just because Obama ignored immigration laws and Biden was VP under him and is ignoring immigration laws now doesn't mean border patrol agents should face consequences. Well, if they whipped people they should, feel free to post that proof that they did...because according to you everyone who works on the border is a racist and whips people. I'd like some sort of information on that too, racist and whipping ....quite the accusations.

- - - Updated - - -

As his supporter, you should be supporting his non action over a non whipping. Unless you have some proof that whipping occurred?
    So, does this mean you want to go back to Trump's strategy of ethno-nationalism?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    The irony is so thick you can cut it with a hammer.
    But if you can still cut it, it's not that thick after all, is it?
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

10+ Year Old Account
    So I'm hearing it's ok if they whipped them as long as they didn't use whips to do the whipping?
    /s

Even if they had used actual whips instead of horse reins, they would just come up with another excuse for why it wasn't a big deal. This is the game they play with basically everything.

What one photo from the border tells us about the evolving migrant crisis

a Border Patrol agent mounted on horseback, grabbing the shirt of a migrant unlucky enough to be within reach. Every detail — the apparent anger on the face of the officer, the food in the migrant’s hand, the isolation of the location — is evocative and revealing. Nor is it possible to ignore the historical echoes suggested by a White officer of the law apprehending a fleeing Black man.

At that point, some of the migrants simply tried to run past the Border Patrol, captured by Reuters videographers who also were at the scene. You can see how the agents used the horses to block migrants from entering until multiple people tried to pass the horses at once.

You can also see that many of the migrants are carrying food with them, suggesting that they were probably crossing back into the United States after having already arrived.

Ratje’s sense, from covering the scene at the border, is that the agents responsible for policing the scene feel “overwhelmed,” leading to a sense of frustration. A photograph captures only an instant in time, of course, but the agent’s face in the first photo certainly suggests frustration and anger.

In a video filmed by Al Jazeera, you can hear one of the agents disparaging the migrants. He’s berating one who came ashore with women and children.

“You use your women?” the agent says. “This is why your country [censored]. Because you use your women for this.” It’s unclear what the censored word was.

A reporter for the El Paso Times, Martha Pskowski, described another facet of the interaction, one that evoked an unpleasant historical comparison to White enslavers hunting down enslaved Blacks.

As the Haitians tried to climb onto the U.S. side of the river Sunday afternoon, the agent shouted: “Let’s go! Get out now! Back to Mexico!”
    The agent swung his whip menacingly, charging his horse toward the men in the river who were trying to return to an encampment under the international bridge in Del Rio after buying food and water in Ciudad Acuña, Mexico.
    One migrant fell as he tried to dodge, others shielded their heads with their hands.

It was not clear to observers what the agents had in their hands. Ratje also described it as a whip; Miroff speculated that, given how agents are generally outfitted, it may have been a riding crop or the horse’s reins. (He added that actually using something to whip migrants to prevent entry would not be authorized.) Neither Pskowski nor Ratje describe seeing anyone struck by the objects, though Ratje said he did see a migrant almost trampled.
    Last edited by Shadowferal; 2021-09-22 at 02:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    So I'm hearing it's ok if they whipped them as long as they didn't use whips to do the whipping?
    Can you imagine the utter moral depravity of seeing those images and insisting the proper terminology is the relevant part.
    Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition, to wit: There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect. There is nothing more or else to it, and there never has been, in any place or time. --Frank Wilhoit

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, not from the White House you didn't. Used the term "horrific" and that it should not have happened.

If nothing happened, great, problem solved. But if it did happen, it clearly is against WH motive and now direct orders.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Levelfive View Post
    Can you imagine the utter moral depravity of seeing those images and insisting the proper terminology is the relevant part.
    It's not really moral depravity as much as it is desperation to get some sort of gotcha because you literally have nothing else of merit to say.

Have no fear, he'll be back with the next poll outlier that pushes his agenda, or the next time a crowd chants "Fuck Biden" or the next time someone isn't 100% semantically correct to try to derail the thread because he has nothing else of value to say.
    Forum badass alert:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    It's not really moral depravity as much as it is desperation to get some sort of gotcha because you literally have nothing else of merit to say.

Have no fear, he'll be back with the next poll outlier that pushes his agenda, or the next time a crowd chants "Fuck Biden" or the next time someone isn't 100% semantically correct to try to derail the thread because he has nothing else of value to say.
    I'm not sure there's a material difference. I'll stipulate the person may not be, but position assuredly is. And otherwise, agreed.
    Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition, to wit: There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect. There is nothing more or else to it, and there never has been, in any place or time. --Frank Wilhoit

10+ Year Old Account
    Can you show me in the article where it said they used whips please? I can't seem to find it. I doubt any of you know the difference between a whip and a lasso.
    I do know that treating asylum seekers as livestock through the use of either is, as the kinds say, kind of gauche.

I also know resorting to stupid semantic arguments like "well actually, it's a lasso" is indicative of the fact you can't actually dispute it was inhumane.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    I also know resorting to stupid semantic arguments like "well actually, it's a lasso" is indicative of the fact you can't actually dispute it was inhumane.
    It's almost like replacing, "Implement with a dark history of violence against Black slaves in America." with "Implement used to catch and control livestock." doesn't really make it any better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    It's almost like replacing, "Implement with a dark history of violence against Black slaves in America." with "Implement used to catch and control livestock." doesn't really make it any better.
    Anyone else reminded of the amount of bandwidth wasted by clowns doing this same sort of thing during the last administration?

"Well they're not technically concentration camps because XYZ, please ignore the fact that said camps are indefensible regardless of what they're called."
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/nichola...hold-migrants/

Yeah, i'm really starting to think Biden does not really care about how Texas treated the refugees. Or maybe its only bad when it happens within US borders?

So to sum up, not one person on here can link evidence of whips or of people whipping others. Just silence from the hypocrites who always demand proof yet fly off the handle without proof.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    Even if they had used actual whips instead of horse reins, they would just come up with another excuse for why it wasn't a big deal. This is the game they play with basically everything.
    Please link any article that has evidence of whipping. The one article that has been linked had no whipping in it. Even shadowferal's information says there was no evidence. This is the game YOU play with basically everything.

- - - Updated - - -

Where did you hear they were whipped? I can find no evidence anywhere. Feel free to link proof of your accusations.

10+ Year Old Account
    So to sum up, not one person on here can link evidence of whips or of people whipping others. Just silence from the hypocrites who always demand proof yet fly off the handle without proof.
    Literally on video.

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/us-...es-2021-09-20/
    https://www.azcentral.com/story/opin...ts/5789596001/

You're denying reality.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Literally on video.
    At some point, people who demand evidence of others should have to provide some themselves.

lol Endus.
    Bless you for trying.
    I was trying to think of whatever the atheist equivalent is and can't lol so
    Let FSM's noodly appendages caress you.