Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    Instead of feeding the sealion, here's something actually Biden-related ya'll can comment on:

Biden Administration Steps in After DeSantis Withholds Salaries of School Board Members Who Took Covid Seriously

My only problem with it is that it still leaves DeathSantis with the withheld funds to do with as he pleases. Probably holding another press conference where anti-vaxxers can spout absolute nonsense unopposed.
    At this point, I would love to hear them announce an experiment.

Have Biden announce that as a way to judge a states fitness and sustainability, they will start having years where a state pays nothing into the federal government but at the same time receives nothing from it. This will rotate every 4 years and no state will be given warning. It will be for 4 consecutive years for each state.

The first state will be Florida. Then watch them lose their shit, then doubly so when it comes to California who ends up even better because of the extra money they save.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

https://www.cnn.com/videos/media/202...ke-dlt-vpx.cnn

HONK HONK HONK HONK

Tucker Carlson takes clip of Biden, when he was VP, talking about how immigration has changed the makeup of America over the years and how it will continue to change America as it becomes more diverse and eventually non-majority white, and how that's a good thing because diversity through immigration has always been a point of strength for the US...and uses it to boost the Great Replacement conspiracy theory.

This is why I say not to spend so much time worrying about "giving Republicans/conservatives ammunition", because they don't need it. They can happily lie and manufacture their own at a moments notice.

Ignore these white supremacist, conspiracy theorist, racist fucks.

Man, they're just going to town in response to the criticisms of CPB whipping asylum seekers/migrants. And you know, the administration bulldozing their camps and shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.cnn.com/videos/media/202...ke-dlt-vpx.cnn

HONK HONK HONK HONK

Tucker Carlson takes clip of Biden, when he was VP, talking about how immigration has changed the makeup of America over the years and how it will continue to change America as it becomes more diverse and eventually non-majority white, and how that's a good thing because diversity through immigration has always been a point of strength for the US...and uses it to boost the Great Replacement conspiracy theory.

This is why I say not to spend so much time worrying about "giving Republicans/conservatives ammunition", because they don't need it. They can happily lie and manufacture their own at a moments notice.

Ignore these white supremacist, conspiracy theorist, racist fucks.

Man, they're just going to town in response to the criticisms of CPB whipping asylum seekers/migrants. And you know, the administration bulldozing their camps and shit.
    I'm gonna disagree with you a bit.

The "Great replacement" bullshit isn't really a conspiracy theory. It's just straight-up, Heil-saluting, white supremacist, ethnofascism. Anyone pushing it is exactly as awful a person as any Nazi who ever lived, because they're pushing the same root principles. I don't care if they have a different ethnic scapegoat they target, or they want to wear a slightly different uniform, it's the same hatemongering dickshitting idiocy under the surface.

Just call these fuckers Nazis. Tucker Carlson is a Nazi. It's close enough and is accurate in every meaningful sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    The "Great replacement" bullshit isn't really a conspiracy theory. It's just straight-up, Heil-saluting, white supremacist, ethnofascism.
    ¿Porque no los dos? You can be a Nazi/white supremacist, who believes in conspiracy theories that they think are evidence to their cause.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    ¿Porque no los dos?
    I'm with this cute little girl. It can be a conspiracy theory and ethnofascist Nazi bullshit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I'm with this cute little girl. It can be a conspiracy theory and ethnofascist Nazi bullshit.
    Indeed. Not to downplay @Endus 's argument at all. White people who think they're becoming a minority are, well, just realistic. White people who think they're being replaced because of a sinister cabal are conspiracy theorists. White people who think becoming a minority is bad for the country are white supremacists. Carlson is clearly both.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    ¿Porque no los dos? You can be a Nazi/white supremacist, who believes in conspiracy theories that they think are evidence to their cause.
    I think my issue with it is that conspiracy theories generally have a hint of truth of plausibility to them, and they are pretty much always framed from the perspective of the subjugated.

This Nazi shit has no plausibility, just sadism and hatred. And it's from the perspective of those who already hold primacy, in an effort to shore up that control.

People who think the CIA killed JFK or that the US government is hiding truth about UFOs are one thing. They're not remotely the same thing as Nazi analogues whose sole core purpose and goal is sadistically hurting innocent people. I feel there's a useful distinction to be drawn, there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CostinR View Post
    Gallup.

https://news.gallup.com/poll/354872/...ow-harris.aspx

Rasmussen has Biden at 45%. Reuters in comparison has him at 44%
    And here I thought polls were fake news

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    And here I thought polls were fake news
    To be fair, Gallup And Rasmussen were both pollsters that Trump would often Retweet because they would occasionally list him with much higher approval than he actually had--and both leaned right.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    There’s video and photos. Feel free to peruse the thread.
    Oh look little texaslies is lying again and getting banned again. Must be a day that ends in a y.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think my issue with it is that conspiracy theories generally have a hint of truth of plausibility to them
    Ah, I see. Some of them do. But we are talking about PizzaGate believers here, which had nothing at all, so no, there doesn't need to be a hint of truth. The rabid fanbase is so far gone, they'll take blatant, obvious fiction such as "the earth is flat".

You're just lying, blatantly, about what's readily visible. Why should I entertain any of this?

It isn't my responsibility to convince you. It's to demonstrate your dishonesty to everyone else here.
    https://www.wric.com/news/u-s-world/...ipping-anyone/
    The photographer behind now-famous images depicting Border Patrol agents on horseback appearing to chase migrants with whips says things are not exactly what they seem when it comes to his photos.

The photographs, which were taken Sunday, appear to show agents on horses with whips in hand. The photos caused outrage, as they appear to show Border Patrol agents whipping migrants from certain angles. But photographer Paul Ratje said he and his colleagues never saw agents whipping anyone.

“Some of the Haitian men started running, trying to go around the horses,” Ratje said.

Ratje is a photographer based in Las Cruces, and has been in Del Rio since Friday. He said took the photographs from the Mexican side.

“I’ve never seen them whip anyone,” Ratje said. “He was swinging it … but it can be misconstrued when you’re looking at the picture.”
    So the photographer is also lying about what is "blatantly visible"? He said it can be misconstrued, and it is being misconstrued. So the media has their agenda and it seems they see something that did not happen in the pictures....according to the man who took the pictures. The man who was there said this. Not people at a newsroom forming opinions, the man was there...and took the pictures the media is using as evidence of something he did not see. I guess your definition of "blatantly visible" is a witness' version of misconstrued from his pictures.

Bears repeating it seems;

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    What one photo from the border tells us about the evolving migrant crisis

a Border Patrol agent mounted on horseback, grabbing the shirt of a migrant unlucky enough to be within reach. Every detail — the apparent anger on the face of the officer, the food in the migrant’s hand, the isolation of the location — is evocative and revealing. Nor is it possible to ignore the historical echoes suggested by a White officer of the law apprehending a fleeing Black man.

At that point, some of the migrants simply tried to run past the Border Patrol, captured by Reuters videographers who also were at the scene. You can see how the agents used the horses to block migrants from entering until multiple people tried to pass the horses at once.

You can also see that many of the migrants are carrying food with them, suggesting that they were probably crossing back into the United States after having already arrived.

Ratje’s sense, from covering the scene at the border, is that the agents responsible for policing the scene feel “overwhelmed,” leading to a sense of frustration. A photograph captures only an instant in time, of course, but the agent’s face in the first photo certainly suggests frustration and anger.

In a video filmed by Al Jazeera, you can hear one of the agents disparaging the migrants. He’s berating one who came ashore with women and children.

“You use your women?” the agent says. “This is why your country [censored]. Because you use your women for this.” It’s unclear what the censored word was.

A reporter for the El Paso Times, Martha Pskowski, described another facet of the interaction, one that evoked an unpleasant historical comparison to White enslavers hunting down enslaved Blacks.

As the Haitians tried to climb onto the U.S. side of the river Sunday afternoon, the agent shouted: “Let’s go! Get out now! Back to Mexico!”
    The agent swung his whip menacingly, charging his horse toward the men in the river who were trying to return to an encampment under the international bridge in Del Rio after buying food and water in Ciudad Acuña, Mexico.
    One migrant fell as he tried to dodge, others shielded their heads with their hands.

It was not clear to observers what the agents had in their hands. Ratje also described it as a whip; Miroff speculated that, given how agents are generally outfitted, it may have been a riding crop or the horse’s reins. (He added that actually using something to whip migrants to prevent entry would not be authorized.) Neither Pskowski nor Ratje describe seeing anyone struck by the objects, though Ratje said he did see a migrant almost trampled.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Goliad View Post
    https://www.wric.com/news/u-s-world/...ipping-anyone/

So the photographer is also lying about what is "blatantly visible"? He said it can be misconstrued, and it is being misconstrued. So the media has their agenda and it seems they see something that did not happen in the pictures....according to the man who took the pictures. The man who was there said this. Not people at a newsroom forming opinions, the man was there...and took the pictures the media is using as evidence of something he did not see. I guess your definition of "blatantly visible" is a witness' version of misconstrued from his pictures.
    Nope. You're lying.

I can clearly see them spinning up what looks like the ends of their reins, and at least attempting to strike migrants with them. That's "whipping", even if the reins aren't technically a whip. They're still long lengths of leather and will absolutely do the trick.

Nope. You're lying.

I can clearly see them spinning up what looks like the ends of their reins, and at least attempting to strike migrants with them. That's "whipping", even if the reins aren't technically a whip. They're still long lengths of leather and will absolutely do the trick.
    How am I lying by posting what a photographer says? How is that me lying? Again you are misconstruing what is seen, as the photographer says. That is in no way me lying because you are seeing what you want to see. You have an agenda, and i have eye witness account of what was happening.

https://twitter.com/StorytellerSBM/s...995736069?s=20
    Sorting through my footage from the border. I was in the river during the viral incident between a Haitian migrant and mounted CBP agent. It's shaky - but here's what I captured.
    You can clearly see he whips his horse with the reins to turn him. If you have ever tried to turn a horse you would know the difficulty in it.
    Last edited by Goliad; 2021-09-25 at 03:22 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you have ever tried to turn a horse you would know the difficulty in it.
    I have, and it isn't.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    I have, and it isn't.
    You a barrel racer or something? I notice jockey's in horse racing use their whips to spur their horse on and keep him going the right direction, guess you race horses too? You ever have to have a horse turn on a dime at any second to do your job? Do you agree that the man was trying to whip the migrant or turn his horse? I have an eye witness who took the pictures and posted video from another source showing him whipping his horse. What is your opinion then expert horse racer?

10+ Year Old Account
    How am I lying by posting what a photographer says? How is that me lying? Again you are misconstruing what is seen, as the photographer says. That is in no way me lying because you are seeing what you want to see. You have an agenda, and i have eye witness account of what was happening.

https://twitter.com/StorytellerSBM/s...995736069?s=20

You can clearly see he whips his horse with the reins to turn him. If you have ever tried to turn a horse you would know the difficulty in it.
    You're cherry-picking. That moment was by no means the only one.

Also, I got trained in horseback riding at a rodeo ranch outside Calgary, with Stampede riders doing the teaching. That sounds like a brag and I want to be clear it was one weekend, but it was a busy weekend. The horses we were riding weren't trail horses who'll follow the trail ahead of them regardless of what the dumb tourist on their back does, either. And yeah; you're vastly overselling how hard it is to ride a horse, when you know what you're doing, and I'm sure these agents have a hell of a lot more experience than I do. I was managing the horse with my legs alone by the second day. The third day, we got hit by a massive thunderstorm while we were out, so we were galloping back through the woods past live strikes, and the horses were not happy about it. Still didn't take much to control them, even for inexperienced riders like we were.

They also wouldn't be using freshly-saddle-broken horses for shit like this. Those horses are highly trained to take the commands being issued.

Edit: Also, the flick to a horse's back end is pretty damned soft, going by the footage. Comparable to what I've used myself. It's more about letting the rein's slack roll onto their flank as a "tap" than anything you'd describe as "whipping". When I talk about whipping migrants, I mean when they spin those reins up and then lash them out at a migrant. Which I can clearly see a couple instances of.
    Last edited by Endus; 2021-09-25 at 03:39 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You a barrel racer or something? I notice jockey's in horse racing...
    Boy, it sounds like you've never even been on a horse.

Again, I have. And turning the horse is not a matter of whipping them.

And if you'd actually watched the videos, you'd notice that the border patrol agents seem to be having no trouble at all turning their horses when not whipping them. The only time the reins go spinning is when the hand holding the reins is directly in front of a migrant.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    Boy, it sounds like you've never even been on a horse.

Again, I have. And turning the horse is not a matter of whipping them.

And if you'd actually watched the videos, you'd notice that the border patrol agents seem to be having no trouble at all turning their horses when not whipping them. The only time the reins go spinning is when the hand holding the reins is directly in front of a migrant.
    Seriously, if they were spinning the reins like that to whip across their horse's flanks, I'd be pissed about the animal cruelty involved. No cause at all for that shit.