10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.businessinsider.com/nikk...lympics-2022-1

Apparently Nikki Haley wants a President Pelosi? She wants Biden and Harris to step down, which would result in a President Pelosi. This is weird yo, almost like she's not thinking.
    Nah, she's just channeling her inner Trump, playing for her base, riding those centaur coattails. Empty words, devoid of actual meaning or intent.

The line from Macbeth always comes to mind:
    [She's] but a walking shadow, a poor player
    That struts and frets [her] hour upon the stage,
    And then is heard no more. It is a tale
    Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
    Signifying nothing.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

10+ Year Old Account
    Megan McGlover thinks this robbery should be blamed on the President and Vice President...

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    Megan McGlover thinks
    Why do you seem to get your opinions from "literally who"?

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.military.com/daily-news/...umps-last.html

DAMN WARMONGER BIDEN!

The US military has, overall, carried out 439 aerial attacks in 2021, a 54% drop from the year before under former President Donald Trump, Airwars data showed.
    Now this isn't all sunshine and roses, let's remember the drone strike last year that killed 10 civilians. But overall it's good to see Biden spinning down the war-machine and stepping back from Trumps continued warmongering and use of drone strikes.

- - - Updated - - -

And more in, "Political media are bored gossip columnists" - WAS BIDEN'S HOT MIC MOMENT WITH STEVE DOOCY ACTUALLY PLANNED ALL ALONG?!

https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...ls-speculation

Seriously, the quality of political coverage has cratered over the years. This ain't a Biden problem really, outside of him being fairly boring so media need to come up with a lot more bullshit to write about despite there being mountains of important topics they're ignoring. This also ain't a Trump problem, this shit didn't start with him.

It remains the core problem with for-profit media, where these companies must necessarily march towards clickbait/sensationalism/gossip column bullshit and towards "yellow journalism" more or less in pursuit of profit. We've seen this before with William Randolph Hearst, and we're continuing to see it come back in a slightly more sanitized version.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    Nah, she's just channeling her inner Trump, playing for her base, riding those centaur coattails. Empty words, devoid of actual meaning or intent.

The line from Macbeth always comes to mind:
    I mean, it tracks. Most of these mouth pieces don't actually believe in this garbage, they just want to fleece the people who - for some reason - do.

Megan McGlover thinks this robbery should be blamed on the President and Vice President...

Who the fuck is she? And why should we care how fucking stupid she is? Is she a flat earther like you?

Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    Who the fuck is she? And why should we care how fucking stupid she is? Is she a flat earther like you?
    Yes. And anti vaxx. And also ok to post here with no actual input from the poster despite reporting the post.

The bar continues it’s downward trend.

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    Yes. And anti vaxx. And also ok to post here with no actual input from the poster despite reporting the post.

The bar continues it’s downward trend.
    Not surprising, Hammerfest has posted shit from Illuminati shitlords, so why not more conspiracy theorists and anti-vaxxers.

Poster is now on vacation. Please move on and do not contribute to the derail.

10+ Year Old Account
    So let's talk about Scott Merryman.

He's fucked.

According to his arrest report, Merryman says God told him to kill Biden. Yes, he was arrested, you don't get to say things like "I’m coming for his bitchh ass sleepy Joe. I’m talking about President Biden and you can quote me" in public and get away with it.

(re-reads story)

Whoops, no, that's not what he said in public! That's what he told the Secret Service agent who came to arrest him! Whoops! Is my face red.

Incidentally, dude had three bullets and a scope but no gun. I admit, I'm not 100% up on my Bible...or other holy books either...but I'm not familiar with the part of the Book of Revelations that says you can throw bullets hard enough to kill people. That sounds more David and Golliath to me.

Handicapping the judges;

DC Circuit Judge Ketanji Brown Jackson

California Supreme Court Justice Leondra Kruger

South Carolina US District Court Judge J. Michelle Childs

Sherrilyn Ifill, President and Director-Counsel of the NAACP Legal Defense and Educational Fund.

Anita Earls, a 61-year-old North Carolina Supreme Court associate justice

District Judge Wilhelmina “Mimi” Wright, a judge on Minnesota’s federal district court

Circuit Judge Eunice Lee, a former New York public defender whom Biden nominated to the Second Circuit

Circuit Judge Candace Jackson-Akiwumi, an alumna of Chicago’s public defender’s office

------

Top bolded are the shortlist of a shortlist. Top three have the best credentials with Jackson edging out because she's already been vetted and clerked for Breyer.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Handicapping the judges;

DC Circuit Judge Ketanji Brown Jackson

California Supreme Court Justice Leondra Kruger

South Carolina US District Court Judge J. Michelle Childs

Sherrilyn Ifill, President and Director-Counsel of the NAACP Legal Defense and Educational Fund.

Anita Earls, a 61-year-old North Carolina Supreme Court associate justice

District Judge Wilhelmina “Mimi” Wright, a judge on Minnesota’s federal district court

Circuit Judge Eunice Lee, a former New York public defender whom Biden nominated to the Second Circuit

Circuit Judge Candace Jackson-Akiwumi, an alumna of Chicago’s public defender’s office

------

Top bolded are the shortlist of a shortlist. Top three have the best credentials with Jackson edging out because she's already been vetted and clerked for Breyer.
    Quick skim of resumes, I’d favor Kruger of those picks, rather see circuit judges actually work the circuit for more than 6 months.

Although it’s gotta be asked, why are the top credentials black and female? This isn’t a casting call for a movie or something.

Quote Originally Posted by D3thray View Post
    Although it’s gotta be asked, why are the top credentials black and female? This isn’t a casting call for a movie or something.
    Please link us one of your past posts where you specifically complained that past SCOTUS picks were all white males.

10+ Year Old Account
    Although it’s gotta be asked, why are the top credentials black and female?
    Dunno, better question is why you weren't asking this question regarding nearly every SCOTUS judge in history being from a single demographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    They aren't the "top credentials". They're additional factors being considered because the top shelf of candidates are all pretty much of equal merit, and there's a couple centuries of systemic racism and misogyny to correct.

Nobody is suggesting a local kindergarten teacher or a grocery bagger gets picked, because "black and female" are not the most significant credentials being considered.

I'll also point out you've likely never questioned why "white person" was an implicit requirement in so many prior selections for SCOTUS.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    Please link us one of your past posts where you specifically complained that past SCOTUS picks were all white males.
    You know he can't. Typical conservative faux outrage.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Usually are with this crowd, despite their claims of having the thickest of skins.

I'm just glad Biden isn't giving a shit about it and is continuing ahead with more qualified picks that also bring some much needed diversity.

It's telling that the opposition to these nominees - even when they're not announced yet like his potential SCOTUS picks - rests purely on their race/gender and makes little reference to any apparent lack of qualifications. Almost like they are qualified, and the only objection is because they're a bunch of bigots.

Strange indeed!
    They've been wearing their Klan hood in public since 2008. We've known for decades conservatives were racist to their cores, the were just more subtle with it. Once a black man became president their heads exploded.

- - - Updated - - -

bunch of trite.
    Soe like really, why do mods continue to let this guy come back? He does nothing but spread lies and misinformation. He has never been interest in honest debate. He adds nothing to this forum, just like the Russian propagandists, he deserves a permanent ban.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefhammer View Post
    Soe like really, why do mods continue to let this guy come back? He does nothing but spread lies and misinformation. He has never been interest in honest debate. He adds nothing to this forum, just like the Russian propagandists, he deserves a permanent ban.
    It’s good to be exposed to a variety of opinions. Reasonable people will post good rebuttals, funny people will make good comedy and a broken clock is still correct twice a day.

Besides without the Question’s most unreasonable fan I would’ve never thought that a flatearther who hates social justice could still be a Star Trek fan.

10+ Year Old Account
    624 days since Concern Trolls got mad about Biden committing to selecting a woman VP.
    640 days since Concern Trolls got mad about Biden telling an online shock jock "You aint Black if you support Trump".

Biden ignoring the online comments section, truly the president we need in this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Dunno, better question is why you weren't asking this question regarding nearly every SCOTUS judge in history being from a single demographic.
    Single demographic and single sex.

Quote Originally Posted by Milchshake View Post
    624 days since Concern Trolls got mad about Biden committing to selecting a woman VP.
    640 days since Concern Trolls got mad about Biden telling an online shock jock "You aint Black if you support Trump".

Biden ignoring the online comments section, truly the president we need in this time.
    Well, you know the conservative mindset. If you aren't trolling hard enough online, then you aren't fit to be president or any office of government. They should just go live under the bridge where they belong.

10+ Year Old Account
    why are the top credentials black
    "What do they have to lose?"

This was a campaign promise from Biden. I know, it's been a while since we saw anyone both try to keep a campaign promise, and be competent enough to do it. And yet, here we are.

*ahem*

One might also argue that, to be both African-American and female, yet get into an American law school and be picked as a judge, they already have sterling qualifications. Because that's a hell of a double whammy obstacle to crawl through. I mean, it kind of rules out AA Certain Geography Of Law Schools immediately. African-American judges are about 3% of all judges, a figure that's well under half their representation in the US population.

But yes, everyone else who posted earlier is correct. Until there's outrage that, for example, Trump only nominated white rich men, then there's no outrage Biden's only looking at African-American women. In fact, one could argue that, because Trump only nominated white rich men, it's time to change the dynamics.

Don't worry, when Justice Thomas dies from an infected Trump being shoved up his ass, the replacement might be Asian or something.