It didn't have to be asked, but the racist asked anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    "What do they have to lose?"

This was a campaign promise from Biden. I know, it's been a while since we saw anyone both try to keep a campaign promise, and be competent enough to do it. And yet, here we are.

*ahem*

One might also argue that, to be both African-American and female, yet get into an American law school and be picked as a judge, they already have sterling qualifications. Because that's a hell of a double whammy obstacle to crawl through. I mean, it kind of rules out AA Certain Geography Of Law Schools immediately. African-American judges are about 3% of all judges, a figure that's well under half their representation in the US population.

But yes, everyone else who posted earlier is correct. Until there's outrage that, for example, Trump only nominated white rich men, then there's no outrage Biden's only looking at African-American women. In fact, one could argue that, because Trump only nominated white rich men, it's time to change the dynamics.

Don't worry, when Justice Thomas dies from an infected Trump being shoved up his ass, the replacement might be Asian or something.
    To be fair, that's not entirely true, Amy is indeed a female and not a male.

Quote Originally Posted by D3thray View Post

Although it’s gotta be asked, why are the top credentials black and female? This isn’t a casting call for a movie or something.
    It's gotta be asked, why were the top two picks for the GQP an alcoholic, possible rapist, and a woman that saw less time in court at her job than my crack head step-brother for federal crimes?

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

I think we should keep the SCOTUS replacement talk in its own thread.

Also note that race discussion is a forbidden topic. It is, of course, inseparable from the present situation and the campaign promise so I am willing to leave it alone in that context, but tread lightly and keep it in that thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Milchshake View Post
    624 days since Concern Trolls got mad about Biden committing to selecting a woman VP.
    640 days since Concern Trolls got mad about Biden telling an online shock jock "You aint Black if you support Trump".

Biden ignoring the online comments section, truly the president we need in this time.
    And how many days under Trump did those same concern troll complain about the deficit and national debt?

New financial disclosures show Kyrsten Sinema is raking in cash from big GOP donors https://t.co/LDdiTk5Hk5
    https://twitter.com/RollingStone/sta...0tjG7mj2w&s=19

My goodness let this be the last nai.

Frikin paywal. Wanted to link.

Supposedl, Sinema received $33k of small donations of $200 or less. While the remaining $2 million from big donors. Other politicians likely the same but Sinema from the opposing party.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    https://twitter.com/RollingStone/sta...0tjG7mj2w&s=19

My goodness let this be the last nai.

Frikin paywal. Wanted to link.

Supposedl, Sinema received $33k of small donations of $200 or less. While the remaining $2 million from big donors. Other politicians likely the same but Sinema from the opposing party.
    I mean this really shouldn't come as a surprise.

But of course the stark reality is that Manchin and Sinema are useful in that they give the democrats the technical majority. Them being replaced by actual democrats is not really a possibility, so it's either the democrats have a slight majority with two stick-in-the-mud congresspeople... or the democrats don't have a majority at all.

Unless some means can be found to replace them with actual democrats, stuff like this unfortunately amounts to a whole hill of beans.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    I mean this really shouldn't come as a surprise.

But of course the stark reality is that Manchin and Sinema are useful in that they give the democrats the technical majority. Them being replaced by actual democrats is not really a possibility, so it's either the democrats have a slight majority with two stick-in-the-mud congresspeople... or the democrats don't have a majority at all.

Unless some means can be found to replace them with actual democrats, stuff like this unfortunately amounts to a whole hill of beans.
    I get Manchin not being replaceable.
    I don't get Sinema not being replaceable, with the recent D lean in the state over the last few years and the fact that the other senator recently elected is also D. She's also not viewed as favorably as Manchin is by their respective constituents.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was a lifelong Democrat, until the NYT bought Wordle.
    Now my daily dose of wordplay harangues me about the Afghan withdrawal.

https://www.businessinsider.com/sen-...ers-gop-2022-2

Quick reminder about the Democratic "Senate Majority" - it's not. Like, literally it's not now, Sen. Lujan from TX had a stroke and it out recovering - hopefully he makes a full recovery and there is no lasting damage.

But that means the Senate is now 50:49, so Democrats literally can't get anything passed unless they have one Republican vote with them.

Just a reminder of how razor thin the "majority" is, especially when you consider Manchin and Sinema.

Manchin and Sinema have yet to vote against any court nominee put forward by Biden. There's also been Murkowski and Collins voting for the picks as well. I think his SC pick will be ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.businessinsider.com/sen-...ers-gop-2022-2

Quick reminder about the Democratic "Senate Majority" - it's not. Like, literally it's not now, Sen. Lujan from TX had a stroke and it out recovering - hopefully he makes a full recovery and there is no lasting damage.

But that means the Senate is now 50:49, so Democrats literally can't get anything passed unless they have one Republican vote with them.

Just a reminder of how razor thin the "majority" is, especially when you consider Manchin and Sinema.
    Minor correction but he's from NM not TX. But the point remains, and is the reason Breyer shoulda retired back when essentially everyone said he should have. God forbid something happen to Lujan but the Gov is a Dem. If this was Bernie, or Markey for example, and jeez we have an old af Senate all around. And Lujan actually brings the avg age down.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/cru...gn-adversaries

Ted Cruz, apparently forgetting Trump divulged Israeli intelligence to the Russians in the Oval Office, and also Trump's close and friendly relationship with Putin, thinks "warmonger" Biden is just appeasing our adversaries.

I guess Republicans want another war?

15+ Year Old Account

Ted Cruz, apparently forgetting Trump divulged Israeli intelligence to the Russians in the Oval Office, and also Trump's close and friendly relationship with Putin, thinks "warmonger" Biden is just appeasing our adversaries.

Duh, gotta get that blood money somehow for their weapon maker buddies/whatever investments they have.

7+ Year Old Account

Holy fuck that comment section. Cruz is such an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by bladeXcrasher View Post
    Holy fuck that comment section. Cruz is such an idiot.
    These people have very strong opinions about Taiwan for some reason, and I'd be surprised if many of them could even point it out on a map.

They always do.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slirith View Post
    Duh, gotta get that blood money somehow for their weapon maker buddies/whatever investments they have.
    Too many late teens/early 20 somethings will vote Democrat. Gotta weed em out somehow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

https://www.politifact.com/article/2...es-credit-inf/

Republicans keep taking credit for Democratic accomplishments. Democrats really need to up their messaging game and send folks in Florida premade "thank you" notes to send to Democrats for passing the legislation with a specific callout of Republican Reps./Senators from the state that voted against it.

Up until just *seconds* before the release of the January jobs report, Fox News was giddy with anticipation of massive job loss...

Vid in link.

Guess Fox hates people having jobs huh? The sycophants who watch were cheering with them, so them saying they want what is best for U.S. is bullcrap.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!