Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Missing a colon in the link - https://twitter.com/CNNPolitics/stat...02691691429888

Not sure why you chose this thread, but hey, Republicans sure do love their authoritarian/dictatorial bend.
    Fixed. Thanks

Why do you keep questioning my where I post? I post here cause again this is a) Current political event and b) does greatly effect any possible future elections of Democrats, but I want to be fair and say this is some shady bleep no matter who does it.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    Why do you keep questioning my where I post?
    It's just a question. We have multiple threads and while there's some overlap, this seems like it would be a better fit for the Trump thread than the Biden thread as it's not directly related to anything the Biden administration is doing.

b) does greatly effect any possible future elections of Democrats
    But you didn't tie it back to Biden at all in your post, just generically tied back to Democrats.

but I want to be fair and say this is some shady bleep no matter who does it.
    It 100% is, and it's the GOP continuing to travel down the authoritarian/dictator road that regressive, reactionary right wingers are doing all over.

Republican lawmakers in Florida cede constitutional power of drawing new congressional boundaries to Gov. Ron DeSantis after being unable to create a map that can win over the governor

So the Republican Legislation can't come to a conclusion so, Desantis gets to help decide. The best part is DeSantis kept vetoing the proposals, so now they passed it on to him. Besides him being a political hack, he gets now to input or decide who votes for him. American Democracy in action!

In DeSantis' sight is eliminating two congressional districts, mainly black. Yes, eliminating two majority Democratic tickets is his motive, but this is blatant violation of the Voting Right's Act. Oh wait! Yeah that was gutted by Scotus and Chief Justice Roberts a few years ago.
    Yeah, guarantee that whatever map this fucker makes, it will get fucking thrown out.

Heh!

Int'l trade halted at key Texas border crossing as truckers protest inspections

Commercial traffic at a key South Texas border crossing stopped Monday after Mexican truckers protesting new restrictions imposed by Texas Gov. Greg Abbott' blocked an international bridge.

The north- and southbound lanes on the Mexico side of the Pharr-Reynosa International Bridge south of McAllen, Texas, were at a standstill due to the protest of Abbott's decision to have Texas state troopers inspect northbound commercial vehicles -- historically a job done by the U.S. federal government.

On Monday, with trucks backed up for miles in Reynosa for the fifth day in a row, some produce importers in Texas said they have waited days for their goods to arrive and already had buyers cancel orders.

"One of our customers canceled the order because we didn't deliver on time," said Modesto Guerra, sales manager for Sterling Fresh Inc., which imports broccoli from Central Mexico via the Pharr bridge before shipping it to the Midwest and East Coast. "It's something beyond our control."

While many companies cross perishable foods in refrigerated trucks, Guerra said the bottlenecks could lead to equipment failures that cause produce and other products to spoil in the heat.

"Those refrigerated units are powered by diesel," Guerra said. "These trucks are in line and when the diesel runs out they have no way of refueling."

Abbott last week ordered the Texas Department of Public Safety to increase its inspections of commercial vehicles in response to the Biden administration's recent announcement that it plans to end Title 42 -- a pandemic-era emergency health order that lets federal officials turn away migrants at the border without the chance to request asylum.

The governor contends that drug cartels use commercial vehicles to smuggle humans and drugs into the United States.

At times, DPS troopers appear to be checking every commercial vehicle that crosses select international bridges, with each inspection taking between 45 minutes and an hour.

Mexican news outlets reported that about 500 truckers are blocking southbound traffic into Mexico to prevent the entrance of U.S. trucks. Truckers told the El Mañana newspaper in Reynosa that they had waited three to four days at the international bridge and were running out of fuel while they waited.

Rep. Vicente Gonzalez, D-McAllen, joined a chorus of elected officials from the border who called on Abbott to rethink his strategy, saying the DPS inspections duplicate inspections already conducted by the federal government at the ports of entry.

"Governor Abbott's unnecessary secondary inspections are killing business on the border," Gonzalez said in a written statement to The Texas Tribune. "If this continues it will cause further supply line issues impacting America. And we will see prices of produce and other imports rise at the grocery store. He needs to allow the U.S. Customs and Border [Protection] inspection folks to do their job."

Republicans just keep handing Democrats winning campaign issues on a silver platter and Democrats won't even show up at the table to accept them.

The Bills officially get $600 million from the state of New York for a new stadium in Buffalo. https://t.co/qO4PmbFoP1
    https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/...Wgog24Gng&s=19

Maryland will borrow as much as $400 million to revamp the area around the Commanders’ FedEx Field stadium, under a deal that Gov. Larry Hogan (R) could sign into law as soon as Tuesday. https://t.co/7UwvXbviSk
    https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/s...cGdTu6xXw&s=19

The American idiots. The people who vote against their interest when brainwashed into believing people are taking welfare and they are true Americans working for little pay but not taking welfare.

Then we have the ultra ric, who I know laugh at these idiots behind closed doors. For people not familia, the NFL is the richest of sports organizations. NFL owners sucker tax payers to finance their stadiums.

Studies have shown that taxpayers never get a return on this. To be clear, tax money is not to make money, but the issue here is a stadium offers no public utility. The quick math of $600 million say over 20 years of stadiu, you need $30 million.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/...Wgog24Gng&s=19

https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/s...cGdTu6xXw&s=19

The American idiots. The people who vote against their interest when brainwashed into believing people are taking welfare and they are true Americans working for little pay but not taking welfare.

Then we have the ultra ric, who I know laugh at these idiots behind closed doors. For people not familia, the NFL is the richest of sports organizations. NFL owners sucker tax payers to finance their stadiums.

Studies have shown that taxpayers never get a return on this. To be clear, tax money is not to make money, but the issue here is a stadium offers no public utility. The quick math of $600 million say over 20 years of stadiu, you need $30 million.

umm, now what does this have to do with Biden-Harris-Focused-Discussion?
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    umm, now what does this have to do with Biden-Harris-Focused-Discussion?
    Questions why he gets questioned about where he posts, then does it again.
    Just don't reply to me. Please. If you can help it.

5+ Year Old Account
    This thread is about Biden & Harris. You're free to discuss their policies, statements, presidency, legacy, history, etc. As long as what you want to share is related to/or a result of their actions, it's fine to post here.

Otherwise if what you wanted to post doesn't fit in any existing thread, create a new one for that topic.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/04/13/bide...r-ukraine.html

Biden authorizes $800M in additional military assistance for Ukraine.

Also known as, "Twice the amount of Congressionally mandated funds that Trump withheld in his attempted blackmail attempt of Zelensky."

10+ Year Old Account
    Strong language on the whole from Biden. "Yes, I called it genocide," he told reporters in Iowa shortly before boarding Air Force One to return to Washington. "It's become clearer and clearer that Putin is just trying to wipe out the idea of even being a Ukrainian."

Using Tractors in the backdrop is pretty boss. If only he used his Ron Burgundy voice and said ... "if Mr. Putin wants to throw down (raises fists) I got John Deere and Massey Ferguson waiting for ya, right here."

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker76 View Post
    Using Tractors in the backdrop is pretty boss.
    It's iowa. This is literally next to a highway:

Tractors aren't a statement in the sense you mean in this context.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

NEW: White House press sec. Jen Psaki says Texas Gov. Greg Abbott’s “unnecessary and redundant” inspections of trucks at border are “causing significant disruptions” to supply chains.

Oof! Now this can be seen as political theater by both sides but Biden trying to throw blame around. Yet, in the article this has received blowback from Texas Republicans and Mexico itself.

The shady part of course from Abbot, who also bussed immigrants without consent from Texas to DC today, is that these stops can only issue mechanical fines and I guess don't have the authority to check for trafficking or drugs.

The additional inspections are conducted by the Texas Department of Public Safety, which said that as of Monday, it had inspected more than 3,400 commercial vehicles and placed more than 800 “out of service” for violations that included defective brakes, tires and lighting. It made no mention of whether the truck inspections had turned up migrants or drugs.
    Ahh, besides trying to actually overthrow our government the Republicans will do ANYTHING for politics. If this story carries it's weight, then intentionally driving up inflation and food supply chain and trade is devious as Eff.

NEW: White House press sec. Jen Psaki says Texas Gov. Greg Abbott’s “unnecessary and redundant” inspections of trucks at border are “causing significant disruptions” to supply chains.

Oof! Now this can be seen as political theater by both sides but Biden trying to throw blame around. Yet, in the article this has received blowback from Texas Republicans and Mexico itself.

The shady part of course from Abbot, who also bussed immigrants without consent from Texas to DC today, is that these stops can only issue mechanical fines and I guess don't have the authority to check for trafficking or drugs.

Ahh, besides trying to actually overthrow our government the Republicans will do ANYTHING for politics. If this story carries it's weight, then intentionally driving up inflation and food supply chain and trade is devious as Eff.
    I think that Biden can do something, since it is a FEDERAL BORDER crossing, just because it is on the border of his state, doesn't mean Abbott should be able to do anything he wants. Including doing something so fucking ignorant as this.

7+ Year Old Account

I was at the grocery store 2 days ago and the produce section was at least half empty...I expect this to be turned into a democrat problem.

Quote Originally Posted by bladeXcrasher View Post
    I was at the grocery store 2 days ago and the produce section was at least half empty...I expect this to be turned into a democrat problem.
    Democrats are really missing out on the opportunity to print tons if "I DID THAT!" stickers like Republicans have done with the Biden stickers on gas pumps. Just slap those suckers with an image of Greg Abbott on empty shelves throughout Texas and call it a day.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    I think that Biden can do something, since it is a FEDERAL BORDER crossing, just because it is on the border of his state, doesn't mean Abbott should be able to do anything he wants. Including doing something so fucking ignorant as this.
    Latest news is 500 trucks are blocking the crossing on the Mexico side out of retaliation. Trucks were running out of fuel waiting since the state troopers took 45 min to an hour to do 1 inspection...that's 24 to 32 trucks per day.

Keep in mind truckers typically made multiple trips per day...now a single trip literally takes days.

Edit: This is also only 1 of like 13 border crossings...one that he's already trying to make concessions on with the governor in Nuevo Leon.
    Last edited by bladeXcrasher; 2022-04-13 at 10:27 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    https://www.ksat.com/news/local/2022...edium=news_tab

There's the Biden arc from Abbott...it's not my fault it's Biden's because of title 42, something that has nothing to do with produce truck inspections.

Texas Agriculture Commissioner Sid Miller, a fellow Republican, also called on Abbott to end the inspections.

“Your inspection protocol is not stopping illegal immigration,” Miller said in an open letter to the governor. “It is stopping food from getting to grocery store shelves and in many cases causing food to rot in trucks — many of which are owned by Texas and other American companies.”

Though the policy is Abbott’s idea, he blamed President Joe Biden.

“If you want relief from the clogged border, you need to call President Biden and tell him to maintain the Title 42 expulsion policy that has been in place for years,” Abbott said.

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker76 View Post
    Strong language on the whole from Biden. "Yes, I called it genocide," he told reporters in Iowa shortly before boarding Air Force One to return to Washington. "It's become clearer and clearer that Putin is just trying to wipe out the idea of even being a Ukrainian."

Using Tractors in the backdrop is pretty boss. If only he used his Ron Burgundy voice and said ... "if Mr. Putin wants to throw down (raises fists) I got John Deere and Massey Ferguson waiting for ya, right here."
    Seems hyperbolic. It’s a war.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Seems hyperbolic. It’s a war.
    a genocidal war to wipe out Ukrainian people yes