10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slacker76 View Post
    Finally, a statement!

And.... it's "seizing private property is bad".

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh "billionaires have rights too" doesn't exactly resonate with any of the other policies the Squad has been pushing. I am also very very very confused at the equation of systemic injustices committed by local and state police against Black populations in the US with the property rights of war criminal Russian billionaire oligarchs....
    Rights are held by everyone, equally. Or they aren't "rights".

That said, I pretty strongly disagree with the principle AOC's backing, here. Canada's looking to seize Russian assets too (and just voted to recognize what's going on as a genocide), and I fully support that. The issue is not the seizure, it's the justification. The issue with civil asset forfeiture in the USA is that, in practical terms, there usually isn't any justification beyond the police being thieving shitheads.

Civil asset forfeiture should be limited to the assets of convicted felons. Not suspects, not charged-but-not-found-guilt defendants. Only those convicted. The law should be able to lock assets down until trial, but that's a separate concern.

And forfeitures like with Russian asset seizures shouldn't be under the same law in the first place, and should only apply to internationally-held properties, as punishment for egregious acts like genocide.

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker76 View Post
    Finally, a statement!

And.... it's "seizing private property is bad".

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh "billionaires have rights too" doesn't exactly resonate with any of the other policies the Squad has been pushing. I am also very very very confused at the equation of systemic injustices committed by local and state police against Black populations in the US with the property rights of war criminal Russian billionaire oligarchs....

Weirdly libertarian ...

It's like some wierdo California Libertarians created a Left Populist movement to "Disrupt" and grift the left.
    /e Siri, who founded the Justice Democrats?
    • Cenk Uyger, former republican
    • Kyle Kuklinski, podcaster, cohost at theHill.com
    • And another guy, apparently a Peter Thiel protege and founder from Stripe payment processors

Why hasnt anyone warned us about podcaster! /s
    It's not that " seizing private property is bad" it's that this bill let's it be done with almost no oversight or due process.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.congress.gov/bill/117th-...ouse-bill/6930

Full text of the bill for anyone interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Somewhatconcerned View Post
    Approval rating in the toilet.
    GDP down.
    Recession on the horizon.

If COVID sunk Trump and the GOP, then the current economic climate will absolutely bury the Dems this year and in 2024. And probably for a long time.
    GDP down is misleading. It is down because government spending went down a lot in the 1st quarter of 2022. Export/Import also went down because of Ukraine/Russia war and China's lockdowns. On the other hand, the core GDP, consumer and business spending went up, and hiring also went up. Unemployment is almost back to pre-covid. Granted the workforce is smaller. However, we are seeing people that left the job market starting to rejoin.

Quote Originally Posted by Canpinter View Post
    https://www.congress.gov/bill/117th-...ouse-bill/6930

Full text of the bill for anyone interested.
    Thanks for the link, that does seem to get rid of AOCs reasoning as it doesn’t allow for them attacking citizens and pretty well restricts it to just foreigners who are directly related to Russia’s activities in this matter.

Unless I am missing something or reading it wrong.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    Thanks for the link, that does seem to get rid of AOCs reasoning as it doesn’t allow for them attacking citizens and pretty well restricts it to just foreigners who are directly related to Russia’s activities in this matter.

Unless I am missing something or reading it wrong.
    The issue is it didn't have any mechanisms for determining if if it's conditions are met other then essentially " the president says so"

Quote Originally Posted by Canpinter View Post
    The issue is it didn't have any mechanisms for determining if if it's conditions are met other then essentially " the president says so"
    Ah, yeah, that would be a huge issue given how Donny Dumbfuck would have used it.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

GDP down.

If COVID sunk Trump and the GOP, then the current economic climate will absolutely bury the Dems this year and in 2024. And probably for a long time.
    You know you've made these kinds of claims many times before going all the way back to the 2018 primary and look how things have been shaping up so far. I think you should stop making predictions, you're not very good at it.

Excellent from the Biden administration today with wanting to help Ukraine with a 33 billion aide package.

I hope it gets through whatever check points are needed.

GDP down.

GDP is higher than any of the Trump years. Hell even some of them combined.
    Approval rating is still higher than Trump's.
    Recession and crash is on the horizon because of Trump's policies.

Only someone so fucking delusional that doesn't know how this country works would claim any of this shit is on Biden.

- - - Updated - - -

Not in their control? That is debatable, at least.

Regardless, perception is reality when it comes to politics, and they are about to be buried for a long, long time.

Not saying this is a good thing or healthy for a democracy to have one side/party run rampant over all levels of government, but the Dems sure have been good at snatching defeat from the jaws of victory since 2016.
    Show how they are in his control. We will wait.

10+ Year Old Account
    More confirmation for the Bernie-to-Trump pipeline.

Though if Biden cancels her student loans from Harvard there's a chance she might vote Dem, for real ... in good faith.
    /s

Weird tact to take given that Biden has continued extending the pause on loan repayments and is actually apparently moving towards at least partial debt cancellation writ-large, having already canceled the debts of tens of thousands of loan recipients.

But I don't think anyone has ever credibly accused Briebrie of being very smart or politically astute.

Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post

So posting here, cause again this political and effin bullshit and not dealing with the Elon sycophants in General-OT. Oh and also there was a tweet from Nate Silver about how both the left has moved more leftand right has moved more right.. The good ole both sides argument.

Yes the Dems/Left whatever you call it is left but we know not as left as even many European countries. But the Right? This is where the both sides and normalizing the Right is crazy atm. The Right is trying to implement fascism and the oh btw they actually tried a coup. Even their every day politics is trying make everything about a culture war.

So this shows where Musk, Rogan I guess and Bill Maher say the left has ran away from them is crazy when the right is the one sprinting. Musk will live in his fantasy land of him being in the center or maybe he is a bullshit artist on his political stance much like when with his companies.
    Looking over a twitter thread that is replying to the tweet you linked to and it comes back to an MMO champion thread xD

https://twitter.com/gelliottmorris/s...60742857252864

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Looking over a twitter thread that is replying to the tweet you linked to and it comes back to an MMO champion thread xD

Very cool. Cheers.

I deleted my post and went to General OT. Thanks tho.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Damn man, sometimes it really is a small world after all.

10+ Year Old Account

Not my finest work, but i'll take the mention.

Do people even read the Economist anymore?

gee elliot morris give me money for my valuable insights

What's funny and idk how many bots or trolls giving MMO Champion LULS don't know our very good political discussion and knowledge we have here. Well some
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

10+ Year Old Account
    As a reward, Chaud should make us all global mods. I'm already at the point where I ignore almost all mentions, quotes, and messages.
    I won't hide my infractions either. I'll sign them ... for the fans.

Quote Originally Posted by NED funded View Post
    Yeah my bad you are right here. But like you get the point right?

Like if you graduate you have student debt that subtracts from your wealth. That is why you can be poor in wealth terms but not poor in a way that actually matters which is what the paper focuses on
    Brookings itself uses the mortgage example to help explain both columns, asset and liability (just read or skim the full paper). Looking at just the debt column, you would conclude that doctors are the worst-off individuals with student debt--their median student debt burden is among the highest. But does it really make sense to claim that doctors are the true victims of the student debt burden? No. It's when you take the cost of the degree against the value of the degree that you see which part of society shoulders the worst debt burden. A naive analysis of current financial wealth fails both mortgage and student loan debt. The real question is which segment of society owes student loan debt without much value for the degree.
    "I wish it need not have happened in my time." "So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    GDP is higher than any of the Trump years. Hell even some of them combined.
    Approval rating is still higher than Trump's.
    Recession and crash is on the horizon because of Trump's policies.

Only someone so fucking delusional that doesn't know how this country works would claim any of this shit is on Biden.

- - - Updated - - -

Show how they are in his control. We will wait.
    Didn't say it was in his control. But it happened when he was President. And that's all the electorate cares about. Enjoy the L.